PDA

View Full Version : My Shock Trooper Squad is ready for action!

Turbowars
08-31-2005, 06:22 PM
Finally got my 5 shock trooper (one I left carded) together for a goup photo. These guys are soooo cool, I love them. A huge thanks to Bluesnags for hooking me up!!

THE CHOSENONE
08-31-2005, 06:37 PM
Only 5! My shock troop collection grew to 10 before I could finally stop myself from buying anymore. I almost had to check myself into rehab.:laugh:

Turbowars
08-31-2005, 06:47 PM
Yeah, there's no need to buy more than 5. Anything over that is hoarding.;) Besides there weren't really that many in the film.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-31-2005, 07:22 PM
Yes, everyone should buy many, many of these, since they're all so abundant in all parts of the country . . .

I'd kill to get one of these soon.

Bacta Beast
08-31-2005, 07:57 PM
Amen! I want to kill these guys just for braggin'!!! :frus:

jjreason
08-31-2005, 08:14 PM
They look great, Turbo. Can't wait to get mine in the mail, which will hopefully be in the next week or so.

BlueSnags
08-31-2005, 08:40 PM
Finally got my 5 shock trooper (one I left carded) together for a goup photo. These guys are soooo cool, I love them. A huge thanks to Bluesnags for hooking me up!!

Looks good, dude! Now we gotta start building our squads of blue troopers.

Snags

spang2005
08-31-2005, 09:46 PM
Until ROTS, I'd never bought more than one of any figure. Now I can't get enough clones. I'm no army builder by far, but I still never thought I'd be buying multiple figures. I was able to satiate by thirst for Shocktroopers at two (I rationalize it that there were only two in the move on Mustafar). Hopefully I won't be tempted to buy any more.

Blackened88
08-31-2005, 10:28 PM
I bought 3 and plan on buying three more, they are so awesome.

Luuuuuuke
08-31-2005, 10:32 PM
I've got three, all due to trades with doch18. I'm thinking 5 or 6 of these is enough for my army. Same with the blue guys. Same with the grey guys. I've got so many white clones, mostly SA ones, that I figure they could be customized into superior versions of the painted ones.
I'm not going to stew over someone wanting an army of 20 of these figures, but for some reason I don't think the painted clones look as great in huge numbers. I like the fact that they break up the overall whiteness of the clone army. They're excellent accents to a clone army, kind of like seasoning:D

Turbowars
08-31-2005, 11:02 PM
Looks good, dude! Now we gotta start building our squads of blue troopers.

SnagsIts all you bro. I need my fix old Blue. You my pusher.:pleased: :smoker:

I have a very bad feeling about the Temple set. I would like 2-3 sets and that's going to be pretty hard to do if I don't live at K-mart for the next month or 2. :cry:

BTW wasn't there 4 Shock Troopers in ROTS? My god I have seen it 5 times and I can't remember one of my favorite parts.

Kidhuman
08-31-2005, 11:38 PM
Yes, 2 on COurascant in the Senate room and two on Mustafar grabbing Anakin from the side of the Lava River.

BlueSnags
09-01-2005, 01:23 AM
Its all you bro. I need my fix old Blue. You my pusher.:pleased: :smoker:

I have a very bad feeling about the Temple set. I would like 2-3 sets and that's going to be pretty hard to do if I don't live at K-mart for the next month or 2. :cry:

I'll keep a lookout for more. Shouldn't be a problem as long as Plumber Bob, Dirty Sanchez, Headphones, or Jerry Garcia don't make the scene. We gotta start keeping an eye out for those Target Coruscant Clone Battle Packs...they should be hitting any day now.

Snags

CrunchyNug
09-01-2005, 01:47 AM
The Shocks are good, yes...oh so good. I found this image for anyone who needs an excuse to get at least 4 of these baddies.

And Snags, put me down for 2 more Shocks, 1 Green Commander, and 3 Jedi Assault sets. I'll see you after the holiday weekend with your cash.

Jango Speck
09-01-2005, 02:12 AM
Its all you bro. I need my fix old Blue. You my pusher.:pleased: :smoker:

Is it just me, or is anyone else wondering why there's four blue clones (sweet!) and one lame clone pilot? Why not ANYTHING else? I'd be happy with a white #6, or a white #41- that pilot looks so out of place. Oh wait, how about another blue ? This is the only time I can think of Hasbro putting together an army of the same fig- maybe they'll do this again? They should've done one for the shock troopers at the very least.

Blue2th
09-01-2005, 07:10 AM
Finally got 4 of the Shock Troopers. Now I need the Evolutions Sidious to go with them as every other recent versions of him are cheesy.

DarkArtist
09-01-2005, 08:32 AM
So that's why I can't find any. For awhile there I was thinking that the shock trooper was a custom and not really for sale, now I know they are real but people are buying out every one they can find. Save some for the rest of us. :upset:

X13VADER
09-01-2005, 09:15 AM
I Would Also Love To Have An Army But I Cant Even Find One. And I Am An Army Builder.

Jayspawn
09-01-2005, 09:20 AM
Bah! I cant find the Shock Troopers anywhere!!!

Ji'dai
09-01-2005, 10:33 AM
I saw quite a few Shocktroopers at WM last Friday but didn't buy any. I don't really care for the redeco color-scheme on them, personally. I noticed that the UPC is the same as the #6 Clone so you could buy the red ones and use your receipt to return the original white ones if you still got 'em unopened.

Captain Spoon
09-01-2005, 12:25 PM
I also have not been able to find any shock troops. :mad: Isn't Sam's Club getting a Mustafar set with 3 of these bad boys? Also on the Courusat battle pack I only saw a bad pic, does it come with a Gun Ship or is that just the window box artwork?

kool-aid killer
09-01-2005, 12:41 PM
The Gunship is only part of the boxs design, there is no actual ship sold in the set.

Looking at the picture of the shocktroopers, im jealous. Ive yet to find one here, came close though, which makes it even more frustrating. Just got to keep hitting up the stores, it sucks though when i do go and there isnt squat there that i want.

Blue2th
09-01-2005, 07:25 PM
So that's why I can't find any. For awhile there I was thinking that the shock trooper was a custom and not really for sale, now I know they are real but people are buying out every one they can find. Save some for the rest of us. :upset:
You need to go on intensive hunts like the rest of us. You think I found all the Shock Troopers at one place? Most of the ones I found were left there("for the rest of us") because of damaged cards. Good thing I actually open mine. Try going to Wal-Mart at 3:00 AM. and oh yeah, theres one or two people there already. Buying up every rare figure in multiples just so they can scalp them on eBay. Still haven't even seen a black Clone Pilot. But I'm sure I will find a damaged card eventually that someone left for the rest of us loose collectors. :rolleyes:

Reefer Shark
09-01-2005, 07:48 PM
Those shock troopers look great together like that turbo. I have one, thanks to bluesnaggletooth1 also - the master stasher!

I really want a few more to setup together, but I probably wouldn't setup more than 4.

Right now it seems like the only way to get these guys is to hit the stores at opening every day. Hopefully Hasbro will start shipping more of these guys out.

maatu
09-01-2005, 08:02 PM
i want some more clone troopers that you can take there helmet's off

Bacta Beast
09-01-2005, 09:24 PM
You need to go on intensive hunts like the rest of us. You think I found all the Shock Troopers at one place? Most of the ones I found were left there("for the rest of us") because of damaged cards. Good thing I actually open mine. Try going to Wal-Mart at 3:00 AM. and oh yeah, theres one or two people there already. Buying up every rare figure in multiples just so they can scalp them on eBay. Still haven't even seen a black Clone Pilot. But I'm sure I will find a damaged card eventually that someone left for the rest of us loose collectors. :rolleyes:

I doooooo!!!!! I check all my local stores religiously, and I still can't find them! Lansing sucks! And none of our Wal-Marts are 24 hour. Plus, c'mon I've got a job I be out every night at three in the morning just to compete with scalpers! It shouldn't have to be so hard. I think the best thing is for all of us collectors to stick together and help each other.

Veers
09-01-2005, 11:34 PM
Cool! I still need one.

Bacta Beast
09-01-2005, 11:37 PM
Here's why these @#$% things are so hard to find!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5996113012&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1
http://cgi.ebay.com/STAR-WARS-CLONE-TROOPER-FIG-6-RED-VARIANT-LOT-OF-5_W0QQitemZ5996876999QQcategoryZ101609QQrdZ1QQcmdZ ViewItem
http://cgi.ebay.com/STAR-WARS-CLONE-TROOPER-FIG-6-RED-VARIANT-LOT-OF-5_W0QQitemZ5996876768QQcategoryZ101609QQrdZ1QQcmdZ ViewItem
http://cgi.ebay.com/STAR-WARS-CLONE-TROOPER-FIG-6-RED-VARIANT-LOT-OF-4_W0QQitemZ5996989303QQcategoryZ101609QQrdZ1QQcmdZ ViewItem

I guess only a select few get to find these in PA! Makes me wanna puke in my shoes! :upset:

figrin bran
09-02-2005, 12:09 AM
i would like 3 of them but haven't found any yet and so i've had to resort to customizing 2 (thus far) of my own and convincing myself that they're just as good as having the real thing.

Luuuuuuke
09-02-2005, 12:31 AM
i would like 3 of them but haven't found any yet and so i've had to resort to customizing 2 (thus far) of my own and convincing myself that they're just as good as having the real thing.

If you customize two SA clones, and do it right, they'd be better than the real thing;). I would do that, but I'm a crappy customizer.

BlueSnags
09-02-2005, 11:36 AM
Those shock troopers look great together like that turbo. I have one, thanks to bluesnaggletooth1 also - the master stasher!

I really want a few more to setup together, but I probably wouldn't setup more than 4.

Right now it seems like the only way to get these guys is to hit the stores at opening every day. Hopefully Hasbro will start shipping more of these guys out.

For some reason, I've had alot of luck finding them. I've been able to get some for myself, + hook up some of the LA SSGers. I'll keep a lookout for more, hopefully they're still shipping.

I didn't have any luck with the new Evolution sets, though...had to either trade (Sith set) or camp out outside my local TRU (Clone set) for three days to get one.

Snags

piratefett
09-02-2005, 11:40 AM
man you suck! ;) LOL i just want one!!! aaarrrgghhh!!!!

Jango Speck
09-02-2005, 05:16 PM
For some reason, I've had alot of luck finding them. I've been able to get some for myself, + hook up some of the LA SSGers. I'll keep a lookout for more, hopefully they're still shipping.

Snags

Dude, I've been begging for days and no one has helped me with shock troopers. Where can we meet up around Burbank?

Val Da Car
09-02-2005, 06:06 PM
I'll keep a lookout for more. Shouldn't be a problem as long as Plumber Bob, Dirty Sanchez, Headphones, or Jerry Garcia don't make the scene. We gotta start keeping an eye out for those Target Coruscant Clone Battle Packs...they should be hitting any day now.

Snags

Nice nicknames....can I use those?

Turbowars
09-02-2005, 06:49 PM
If you customize two SA clones, and do it right, they'd be better than the real thing;). I would do that, but I'm a crappy customizer.Well if you really think about it the hardest part is done, you don't have to paint the helmet, just thr body.

DarthQuack
09-02-2005, 08:15 PM
I've got 4 Shocktroopers and am happy with that many.

Luuuuuuke
09-03-2005, 12:04 AM
Well if you really think about it the hardest part is done, you don't have to paint the helmet, just thr body.

Huh, that's right... I could always pop the head off a painted clone and slap it on an SA one. The body shouldn't be so hard to paint(The straight lines on the side of the legs would probably be the hardest part for me to paint). But then I'd have a shocktrooper with an unpainted head.:D

Blue2th
09-03-2005, 12:18 PM
I doooooo!!!!! I check all my local stores religiously, and I still can't find them! Lansing sucks! And none of our Wal-Marts are 24 hour. Plus, c'mon I've got a job I be out every night at three in the morning just to compete with scalpers! It shouldn't have to be so hard. I think the best thing is for all of us collectors to stick together and help each other.
I know the feeling. I too have an 8 to 5 job. I manage to go out everyday at lunch to make the rounds in my local area of Albuquerque. This area is booming. Sometimes I have gone out for a week or two weeks without finding anything, then Bam I luck out. I do the late night Walmart thing on weekends. I also hit em at 7 am. So far I have found everything including variations except that elusive Black Clone Pilot. I know one Hot Wheels guy that has found things for me. Those guys are relentless. I thought we Star Wars collectors were obsessive. Another phenomenon here is that the local comic book shops and big time collector shops send their own people to buy up everything. I see the same guys with cell phones talking to their buddies accross town at the other stores. Apparently that is their job. Must be nice, though I doubt they are making much of a living. Wish I could do that, but I have a house payment to make every month. Still my Hunter-Gatherer insticts make me a formidable Star Wars collector. I too am relentless in my pursuit. It's a good thing I am primarily a loose collector or I wouldn't have anything. Oh I forgot I don't have a life.

Knightfall
09-07-2005, 08:09 AM
Is the black Clone Pilot really that hard to find? Those guys hung around my store for more than a week before they were all gone.

But yeah, scalping and guys who buy 10+ of every different clone really make it tough for the rest of us. Consider that part of my job is to stock Star Wars toys, and I had a hard time getting my one Shocktrooper!

jedi master sal
09-07-2005, 04:55 PM
BTW wasn't there 4 Shock Troopers in ROTS? My god I have seen it 5 times and I can't remember one of my favorite parts.

There's no less than 16 in ROTS. Four at the Senate, two on Mustafar, and at LEAST 10 (maybe more) flanking Palpatine as he walks along with Vader's medical pod in tow.

True some of these could be the same exact clones, but still at the least that would be 10 then.

I'm planning on eventually getting 17. 1 carded and then the breakdown as I listed above for dioramas. Now don't anyone go getting ticked off either at the amount I want. At the moment I only have 4, two of which I got in a trade. I've only seen two at retail and that was just last night.

It's unfair to say "so much" is enough. It depends on your own collecting style and goals. I'm not only an army builder but a diorama builder as well. I know my army building has actually helped my local market. I've got well over 200 white clones (#6's and #41's). Buying up that many allowed the couple of stores that I got them from to order more stock, and there's still PLENTY of clones to go around. (Just not Shocktroopers). But if I look back at collecting and my experience ove rthe years, these will eventually become easier to find. WHo knows maybe never pegwarmers, but I doubt they'll be the likes of Sio Bibble or TC-14 for instance. In fact I'd go so far as to say that once the blue Spec Ops clones start to hit, that they'll be the "clone flavor of the month" and less and less people will buy the red ones. The blue ones were the ones in numbers and I think for an initial time (possibly a few months to half a year) the blue ones will be tought to find.

-Sal

Kidhuman
09-07-2005, 09:21 PM
The blue ones are 3 per case according to EE's newest catalog. The red were like 1 per case.

Blackened88
09-07-2005, 10:35 PM
Guys listen to me, out on the floor in my ToysRUs theres figs but no Shocktroopers because theres everything else no one wants. But in the stockroom there have to be at least 50 cases of the shocktrooper wave. I got my 6 and that was a pain in the ***, everyone I work with are like why buy multiples and they just don't understand. Sorry to say I wont help anyone out simply because your stores have em but theres too much other crap that hold them back from being put out, atleast at ToysRUs. We have had these cases for months and still have not been put out a single case. Im telling you guys wait and you will see tons of these guys everywhere. Also they are 1 per case.

Turbowars
09-07-2005, 10:39 PM
That's cool that you were able to cherry pick them in the back.;)

Jango Speck
09-08-2005, 02:38 AM
Guys listen to me, out on the floor in my ToysRUs theres figs but no Shocktroopers because theres everything else no one wants. But in the stockroom there have to be at least 50 cases of the shocktrooper wave. I got my 6 and that was a pain in the ***, everyone I work with are like why buy multiples and they just don't understand. Sorry to say I wont help anyone out simply because your stores have em but theres too much other crap that hold them back from being put out, atleast at ToysRUs. We have had these cases for months and still have not been put out a single case. Im telling you guys wait and you will see tons of these guys everywhere. Also they are 1 per case.

Thanks for the "pearls of wisdom" Mr. Troll. You've proven once again through your back-handed advice why TRU employees are, in the words of Mace Windu, "too dangerous to be kept alive."

jaxx
09-08-2005, 10:10 AM
I'm planning on eventually getting 17. 1 carded and then the breakdown as I listed above for dioramas. Now don't anyone go getting ticked off either at the amount I want...
It's unfair to say "so much" is enough. It depends on your own collecting style and goals. I'm not only an army builder but a diorama builder as well. I know my army building has actually helped my local market. I've got well over 200 white clones (#6's and #41's).
-Sal

I have no hate for army builders... if they play nice!
I understand that there are those that build dioramas. I've seen some pictures on this site, and I'm impressed with the talent out there. I think it's a great hobby; however, I also understand that there are those that simply want to have the biggest amount of a particular figure so they can boast about that number. It's a competition to them. They want to be able to say, "my d*ck's bigger than your's." I think that this is a little rediculous. But I can kind of understand the hoarder's mentality. The only time that I would really get pi**ed off with army builders is if I see one with multiples in hand, and they won't give one up to a fellow collector. I've seen it before... I've politely asked before... I've been turned down before. I saw this one dude with 8 Red Royal Guards in his hands at a TRU. At that time, it was the only time that I had seen that figure (BTW, I have only seen it one other time, in which I purchased it). I asked the guy if he wouldn't mind giving one up to a fellow collector because I've never seen the figure and really wanted to add it to my collection. That doesn't seem like an "out of this world" request, does it?! The dude rejected my request. C'mon... the guy had more than enough at that time, and he was being a greedy little pr*ck. I had to remind myself that this was only a toy, and that I would probably find it somewhere in the future, and that I shouldn't shoulder check this schmuck's a** into the wall. It's when people are greedy that I begin to dislike army builders... but like I said, as long as everyone plays nice, I have no quarrels.
Note: the only reason that I have the red Shocktrooper is because a fellow forum member was kind enough to help me out. The same with the green Clone Commander.

Luuuuuuke
09-08-2005, 01:20 PM
I was at a KB about a week and a half ago and I lucked out and found 6 shocktroopers. Now, you have to understand that I have never seen these at a store. The ones I had, I got because of trades. So did I buy them all. You betcha.
I'm not a huge army builder but I definetly wanted between 5 and 10 of these guys, max. This was my chance and who knows when I'd see them again. I ended up giving two to a nephew.
Having said that, there was a guy at that same KB, and he was really excited about finding a Darth Vader(#11). He had a few other basic figures. His English wasn't very good, but I speak Spanish so we started chatting and he was really excited about what most would think were unremarkable finds and I asked him if he wanted a shocktrooper or two. He apparently had never heard of them, but he wasn't interested in them. I told them if he wanted them later, they were going to be hard to find and he thanked me but declined. It was actually kind of refreshing to run into someone who didn't give a crap about variants, and hard to find figures, etc, etc.
I think the toy companies create a sense of angst among collectors by their maddening distribution practices and all that bad stuff, and sometimes it brings out the hoarder in a lot of people. You think, "Crap, if I don't get this many of these now, I'm not going to find them later, so screw leaving some (or more) for the rest of them." That really stinks of course. But look, I was fortunate enough to find a Jedi Temple Assault pack. If I found three of them, which is what a case apparently holds, would I have bought all three? You know, maybe I would. I don't think nine of the 501st troopers is a blatantly large army to have. What sucks is that exclusives like these are so exclusive--they exclude most other collectors from getting them.
I don't think there's anything wrong with army building. I don't think hoarding and army building are synonymous. A hoarder is someone who has an ulterior, borderline materialistic/profit-driven reason for collecting as much of an item as he or she can. Or someone who does this just to, as has been suggested, show off he much of something he or she has. I think buying multiples of certain figures and leaving them unopened--for whatever reason--is hoarding. Within the context of toys, army building can serve a fairly straighforward function: enjoyment--whether it's purely aesthetic(the joy of liking the way a motley troop of figures look, whether large or small), or because you like to physically play with an "army" of figures. There's nothing wrong with that. It's why so many of us enjoyed digging in and arranging dozens of little green soldiers in the mud when we were children. The bad thing is that little green soldiers are easy to find; shocktroopers, unfortunately, are not, and so the pursuit of them becomes exactly that, a "pursuit", and that affects the enjoyment of others and leaves many people bitter.
The greatest indignity about all of this is that these are toys afterall. Believe me, I'm not proud about the fact that I let action figures get under my skin.

jedi master sal
09-08-2005, 11:02 PM
I have no hate for army builders... if they play nice!
I understand that there are those that build dioramas. I've seen some pictures on this site, and I'm impressed with the talent out there. I think it's a great hobby; however, I also understand that there are those that simply want to have the biggest amount of a particular figure so they can boast about that number. It's a competition to them. They want to be able to say, "my d*ck's bigger than your's." I think that this is a little rediculous. But I can kind of understand the hoarder's mentality. The only time that I would really get pi**ed off with army builders is if I see one with multiples in hand, and they won't give one up to a fellow collector. I've seen it before... I've politely asked before... I've been turned down before. I saw this one dude with 8 Red Royal Guards in his hands at a TRU. At that time, it was the only time that I had seen that figure (BTW, I have only seen it one other time, in which I purchased it). I asked the guy if he wouldn't mind giving one up to a fellow collector because I've never seen the figure and really wanted to add it to my collection. That doesn't seem like an "out of this world" request, does it?! The dude rejected my request. C'mon... the guy had more than enough at that time, and he was being a greedy little pr*ck. I had to remind myself that this was only a toy, and that I would probably find it somewhere in the future, and that I shouldn't shoulder check this schmuck's a** into the wall. It's when people are greedy that I begin to dislike army builders... but like I said, as long as everyone plays nice, I have no quarrels.
Note: the only reason that I have the red Shocktrooper is because a fellow forum member was kind enough to help me out. The same with the green Clone Commander.
Ah, see I am one of the ones who plays nice. I can't recount the number of times I've either given up a fig to another collector or kid who wants one. It's many though and yet I still eventually find all that I want. That's why I'm not all that worried about finding more Shocktroopers. I know I'll get them. I hope you're reference about competition or the size of ones member wasn't directed towards me. Those who know me, know I'm a generous fellow. Let me give an example. The C-3PO/ Battle Droid Geonosis delxe set that came on a Saga card a couple of years back was clogging up my local KBs. They even brought the price down to $4 each set. I bought 20 sets and yet there was still more left. I didn't need all of the C-3POs. At the time I belonged to a local SW club and at one of our functions/parties, I held a contest to build the C-3POs. I gave the winner a prixe and everyone in atendance got to keep one of the C-3POs. So in this instance, I helped reduce the amount of pegwarming sets, got my army building droids and supplied 20 figs to other SW fans. Going back to the price of $4, I basically got the battle droid and the Geonosian factory parts for my money. A good deal, if not a great one.

Here's another scenario that happened several years ago. You or others may recall when TRu put POTF2 figs on sale (yes they used to put things on sale, ha ha). Anyway, I stocked up on Stormtroopers and Snowtroopers. There was a guy behind me that saw all of the snowtroopers I had and asked if he could have one since he didn't have any. I gave it all of about 2 seconds of though and handed it over to him. he said thanks and that was it.

Another instance was when Saga carded Dooku was scarce. I had found 3 in one day and was at a TRU (after finding the three) when I noticed a boy and his dad frantically looking over the figures. I overheard the boy sigh and say something like, " Dad, I'll never get a Dooku." I pulled the dad aside and said that I had one in my truck still carded and that he could buy it from me. He gladly agreed and wanted to pay me $10 for it. Did I take that amount? Hell no. I had just found this fig and had the other two (1 for carded and 1 for loose). I told him $6 (that was about the price with tax). He was ecstatic over it and when I brough him and the boy to my truck, the boy's face lit up when I handed over the Dooku to him.

So, I say all of this to just refute what some may be thinking about army builders or at least me in particular. I don't hoard. I open virtually everything I get. True I don't yet have the room to display everything, but then again I haven't made all of the dioramas I want to display the tuff in either. In the case of most army building figs, I know either the exact amount I want to buy or a very close proximity. (Though I'll admit I did go a little white clone crazy, ha ha)

For me it's not about competition. I collect the way I do for me because it's how I like to collect. I'm not trying to screw over the next guy. Someday when I finish the dioramas, I can proudly look back at what it took to get there and have great looking displays of all of my stuff.

Okay nuff said here.

-Sal

Phantom-like Menace
09-09-2005, 12:15 AM
I managed to wrap my hands around a Shock Trooper fresh from the shelves! I couldn't believe it! One per case? I'm happy to have found the needle in that particular haystack.

Thankfully the Shock Trooper is the one clone figure I have no desire to go too crazy army building with. I'd be happy with three, ecstatic with four. I can't imagine, though, seeing another that didn't arrive in my mailbox.

jaxx
09-09-2005, 10:58 AM
Sal...

I see that some have misunderstood me. If you ar someone who plays nice, and helps out other Star Wars collectors, then that's great. If you build dioramas, then that's great. If you army build because you love the way it looks, then that's great. If these things apply to you, then I have nothing against you.

BUT!!!
(the category of 3 wrongs... I'm sure there's more though)
1) If you are someone who stands in the aisles of a store with multiples of a hard to find figure (e.g.: you have the last four Shocktrooper figures that were on the pegs in the entire store), and someone comes up to you asking if they can purchase one instead of you, and you blow them off... this applies to you.
2) If you're someone who buys as many of something ONLY to say that your collection is bigger... to boast... as a competition... and you have no asthetic reasoning for collecting so many of one figure. If you don't have a set number of figures in mind to satisfy a "frame by frame" diorama representation of the 6 movies (or however dioramas you want to make)... this applies to you.
3) If you buy up every shortpacked, hard to find, or popular figure that you see so you can turn a profit in the secondary market... this applies to you.

Here in the midwest... nothing is pegwarming except the same figures from May. California or the west coast may be different, and there may be plenty of shortpacked figures to go around... so even with army builders, scalpers, and the rest of us collectors, you may still have a plethera of figures left over. Here in the midwest, we're not as fortunate, so people that buy everything they see, makes it hard for those of us that only want one for our collections to satisfy our needs.
AGAIN... nothing against you if you fall in to the top of my list, but I just have little respect for those that fall into the my "category of 3 wrongs."

SNAYSON
09-12-2005, 10:09 AM
i got 100 of them........in my head.

inkedforlife
09-12-2005, 01:22 PM
I was lucky enough to hit a Toys R Us yesterday that was unloading a truck as I was there. The lovely store employee was kind enough to check in quickly and bring out three cases 85173A00D for me to go through. I even put them all on the shelves for her to return the favor. To my surprise I found as you all have said the ShockTrooper one per case. She told me they had another 70 cases in the truck yet to be pulled out so I knew there would be plenty more for other collectors. I bought the three I came across and even left behind the Green Troopers as I already have my two. I kept two of these for myself and sold (AT COST MIND YOU) to another member of the SirSteves family.
The moral to the story is be patient and good things are bound to happen. If this store has 70+ cases coming in almost every store in the country soon will too so don't get greedy. Be kind to the store employees and they will return the favor and once in a while help a fellow collector out when you have the chance. You never know when that guy you screw over (by shunning their needs for figs) is gonna have a chance to stab you back if you don't.

Kidhuman
09-12-2005, 05:13 PM
If worst comes to worst, KB will have them for 2.99 in 3 years like Ephant Mon.

Phantom-like Menace
09-13-2005, 04:20 AM
It would be nice if all Toys R Us stores have as many, but I suspect if I were to ask you guys, you live in major cities where they suspect they will sell them.

Hellboy
09-13-2005, 06:11 PM
Figured I'd post a couple pictures of my Shock Troopers too. :D

Kidhuman
09-13-2005, 11:47 PM
Very nice set up Hellboy.

CrunchyNug
09-14-2005, 12:05 PM
Nics pics!!! It's been so long since I've seen the movie - I forgot about that scene.

Mandalorian Candidat
09-16-2005, 11:33 PM
Day-um Turbo! I was about ready to drop my wallet and run when I saw those four bad boys of yours corner me in this thread the other night. These have got to be the baddest MoFos of the action figure world. I only have one out on my shelves right now cause I have him and 11 of his brothers (one each of all the ROTS clones) beating the snot out of Zett Jukasa.

jedi master sal
09-17-2005, 01:09 AM
Can't remember if I posted this or not, but I found two more at retail and got another two from a deal here with an SSGer.

So that brings my total to 6. I need just 11 more and that will complete how many I need for the three planned dioramas I want to build having them in it.

Luuuuuuke
09-17-2005, 10:38 AM
I have 8 all loose. I gave two others to a nephew and just traded two. My shocktrooper collection is complete. Hellboy's display has inspired me to do somthing similar with my shocktroopers.

Phantom-like Menace
09-19-2005, 03:26 PM
Well, I have to say I am less doubtful that this figure will be hard to find. I wanted four and got four rather easily, three trips going to only two stores. In fact, my roommate, AKA the enabler to my clone addiction, purchased a fifth for me despite the fact that he knew I would then have to take action to get a sixth, because you just can't have an odd number of them. I continue to be amazed at some of the progress being made to get us substantial numbers of the figures we desire.

Scackmgack
10-12-2005, 10:38 PM
Whether or not you can get this crap is all regional. I live in Boston and have not even SEEN one of these in a store yet.