PDA

View Full Version : Diorama Suggestions

Punkreject
08-31-2005, 09:11 PM
I'm working in a limited area. Depth-8.5", Width-20" , Height-10.5". I'm intending to use it for displaying my clones from Episode 3. The problem is I'm drawing a blank on just what to make. I want it to be Episode 3 themed, maybe a hanger or a headquarters. If anyone has any ideas and/or pictures of something that may help I'd greatly appreciate it.

DarkArtist
09-01-2005, 11:01 AM
depending on how many you have on what other materials and or figures you would be incorporating into the display you could build a display of Utapau. Make it multi-leveled so you can have a hanger bay, a landing platform, and a cave like structure. this way on the hanger level you can have Obi Wan's 2nd starfighter along with Tion Medon and perhaps a Borga or two in te background as well as Grievous' Wheelbike. use the Obi Wan pilot figure for this scene and with some utapau warriors.
The cave part could be a great place for some clones and some destroyed battledroids, and it can double as a scene where the clones are looking of Kenobi. This can also house a few crab droids as well.
The landing Platform could be where you have Kenobi fighting Greivous and use a picture of Greivous' starfighter as a backdrop.

Another scene could be the Wookie Planet (can never seem to remember how to spell it) and this would be a great scene to make since we have the Barc Speeder and AT-RT as well as the Turbo Tank driver, a few different Wookie Warriors and of course Yoda, and since we are getting Gree it makes sense. The overall design could be something simple as a large forest type or large tree. :thumbsup:

As far as pics, try Yahoo, Google or StarWars.com. or buy the making of ROTS and the Art of ROTS for more ideas.

X13VADER
09-01-2005, 12:37 PM
Depends On What You Have. A Lot Of Clones Or A Ship? I Would Like To Make A Battle With Clones With An Axtraction Going On At The Same Time With A Gunship Up Above. And Maybe You Could Use The Clone Commanders Other Parts That Come With Him.

Punkreject
09-01-2005, 01:44 PM
I've already made an Utapau Landing Platform and it turned out sweet but sadly it wouldn't fit on the shelf it was intended for. I had an awesome hanger and landing platform with the rock face and the bone structure hanging over it. I'll try to get pictures of it soon. It's kind of being put on hold, finishing up the inside of the hanger and filling it up with little things like gas tanks, oxygen tank things, boxes, and buckets. As for Kashyyyk, I'm planning on building a huge diorama of that in the future. It will prolly be about 20" deep, 30" wide, and however tall one of those trees are I'll have to make. I was doing sketches last night and I have some pretty kool ideas on what to do. I'll attach a few pics of the ideas i have, let me know what ya think. The platform would be sorta like a place for the Commander/General to look out over the troops. Of course there would be open space in front of what i've shown, i'll put the troops there...make it a place for prepartion of deployment with gun racks and work benches and so on.

DarkArtist
09-02-2005, 03:07 PM
The sketches look pretty good. I like the second one for the ramp the best. Another idea since the space is limited, so misread inches thought it was feet, you could take the clones and build on small set of stairs, take the Evolutions Anakin and create the Storming of the Jedi Temple.

Punkreject
09-03-2005, 03:05 PM
It's pretty much finished now. Might add more stuff in later like little things. The first pic is a shot of the entire thing. The second is a shot of Bacara, Cody, and two officers looking on the viewscreen at Coruscant burning. The third is of two pilots talking beside the gun rack with Neyo in the background. Anyway, let me know what you guys think, I'm really happy with the way it turned out!

DarkArtist
09-03-2005, 03:58 PM
That looks awesome. Excellent job. i also like the inclusion of the scanning trooper and Imperial Officer. :thumbsup:
I'm actually working on a forest bunker complex that will house the Imperial Shuttle, A Republic Gunship, two AT-ST and a mix of Barc and Imperial Speeder Bikes.

PS. The Commander Neyo is a nice custom as well. :thumbsup: