PDA

View Full Version : Which of the new Battle Packs will you collect?

jedi master sal
09-01-2005, 11:53 AM
Which of the new Battle Packs will you collect? And how many of each and why? To see the packaging and the figures included you can click the following link:
http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/pl/newsID.F98D026A-D56F-E112-474259A61D694ED0/page.news/dn/default.cfm

Jedi vs. Sith
Includes Battle damaged Anakin Skywalker, Asajj Ventress, Yoda, General Grievous and Obi-wan Kenobi with attachable Clone trooper armor. Available at most retailers.

Jedi vs. Separatists
Includes Jedi Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Mace Windu, Darth Maul and Jango Fett. Available at most retailers.

Rebel vs. Empire
Includes Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Chewbacca, Darth Vader and a stormtrooper. Available at most retailers.

Clone Attack on Coruscant
Includes Commander Bacara (blue repaint) and four clone troopers (grey variant that were actually seen in the movie!). Available exclusively at Target.

Jedi Temple Assault
Includes Darth Vader, a clone pilot and three clone troopers (blue-spec ops). Available exclusively at Kmart.

Imperial Throne Room
ncludes Emperor Palpatine, an Imperial Dignitary, a stormtrooper and two Royal Guards. Available exclusively at Kmart.

Assault on Hoth
Includes General Veers, a probot and three snowtroopers. Available exclusively at Toys R Us.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-01-2005, 12:26 PM
I'm just getting Jedi vs. Sith, Jedi Temple Assault, Corscant attack and Hoth simply because they have new clones and are not all repacks. The other ones are pretty much repacks and thanks Hasbleh, but i already got those. :D

jaxx
09-01-2005, 01:06 PM
#1... I wish I could afford 6 to 11 sets of these things...

#2... I wish I could find these things.

The only one that I've seen is the Jedi v Sith Battlepack.

If I could ever find the Jedi Temple Assault, or the Attack on Coruscant, I'd pick them up. I just love clones, and the display of the clones in the Atack on Coruscant looks pretty great. I'd only pick up one because money is an issue.
I wish one of them wasn't a K-Mart exclusive because their prices are rediculous.

Kidhuman
09-01-2005, 01:10 PM
I will get the Temple assault, Clone Trooper and possibly the Hoth one. I might, MIGHT get the others if they hit clearance and are decently priced at that.

Rogue II
09-01-2005, 01:54 PM
I'll definatly get the the Assault on Hoth. Possibly (though unlikely) the Imperial Throne Room. Rebel vs. Empire sounded a little interesting, but probably won't get it.

This hobby is so much less expensive when you only collect OT toys, and even cheaper when you are not a completist. :)

2-1B
09-01-2005, 02:24 PM
Why can't I vote for 0 ?

'cause that's how many I'm buying. :)

trandoshan666
09-01-2005, 02:39 PM
Temple assault, Clones and Hoth. It's going to be difficult since I'm nowhere near a Kmart.

El Chuxter
09-01-2005, 02:58 PM
I have my Jedi vs Sith in hand, because I'm a sucker for Clone Wars figures (even if the Obi-Wan does kinda suck).

A friend has my Jedi Temple Assault, but I've not picked it up from him yet. I figured there were two useless figures (since I have three regular Pilots already and am hunting for a black-clad one), and three Shocktroopers at roughly $8.50 each. Given the Neo Warrior infestation on most pegs, I'm not sure what my chances of getting carded Shocktroopers are, so I'd rather pay more and have at least three.

I'll definitely get the Clone Attack on Coruscant. I'm just a Clonetrooper sucka. But just one. I've got a poopload of Clonetroopers already, and still have the red Shocktrooper, carded blue Shocktroopers, Kashyyyk Clonetroopers (call 'em Gree all you want, Hasbro!), the variant Evolutions set, the DVD 3-pack, and now all these funky fresh EU Clonetroopers to look forward to. That's a lot of Clonetroopers, and I'm not even a serious army builder.

The others are rehashes, and not of the best molds for any of the characters. Since they have the molds already, I'm not sure why they don't always use the best one, or at least the best one not currently available at retail. I'd buy the Throne Room set if only it had ROTS Royal Guards and they did a minor sculpt change on the Dignitary.

Rocketboy
09-01-2005, 05:00 PM
I can't see myself buying any of them. There aren't any that seem to jump out and say "Buy me!"

Slicker
09-01-2005, 07:46 PM
I voted for all of them because, well, I'm gonna buy 'em all. Not because I like 'em but because I'm infected.:yes::yes::yes:

JediTricks
09-01-2005, 09:00 PM
Caesar and Rocketboy, I've added a "none" option, you can now vote for that.

bobafrett
09-01-2005, 11:07 PM
All of them, or at least those I can afford, if I have the money, or those I can find.

2-1B
09-02-2005, 01:05 AM
Thanks JT ! My vote has been recorded.

When you guys click "Vote Now" do you think of the Senate suring TPM chanting "vote now! vote now!" ?

I do. :)

Kidhuman
09-02-2005, 01:34 AM
I will from now on though

jedi master sal
09-02-2005, 08:16 AM
JT asked me to move my personal comments about the battle packs to a seperate post, so that is why you now see them here instead of the original post.

I'm planning on getting the following (or have already gotten in some cases):
1 set Jedi vs. Sith (though I may get another to open if they go on sale)
11 sets Clone Attack on Coruscant (1 to keep in the packages and the other 10 to open. (Hey, I'm an army builder and these clonse were IN THE MOVIE. Well maybe not the Blue Bacara, btu I'll make use of him as the new "ARC" trooper armor and make one of him as Commander Appo)
6-10 sets Jedi Temple Assault (It just depends on availablility. Also, once I start buying these in numbers, I may find I dont want as many as 10 sets-but mostly likely I will)
1 set Assault on Hoth (though I may get another to open if they go on sale)

They others I don't really care for. Most of the figures in the other sets are old and just plain awful sculpts. While the packaging is excellent, I'm not going to pay almost $30 just for the packaging. (However if someone else buys these sets and doesn't want the packaging, I'd gladly take it off you hands-and pay you a modest sum for them.)

-Sal

kool-aid killer
09-02-2005, 10:49 AM
I already bought the Jedi vs. Sith set. But i also voted for the Clone Assault on Coruscant, Jedi Temple Assault, and Hoth sets. These get my interest because they have a decent amount of army builder figs within them. The other sets dont strike me as being a must have.

vader68
09-02-2005, 11:54 AM
Hopefully I can get the Hoth set, the Clone Assault on Coruscant, and the Jedi Temple set. That is all I really want.

Ji'dai
09-02-2005, 04:41 PM
None of them

I've seen the Jedi vs. Sith, Imperial Throne Room, and Assault on Hoth but passed on all three. I won't get the others either.

I passed on the SAGA/OTC multi-packs too.

JediTricks
09-06-2005, 03:30 AM
I had to vote "none" as well, I really just don't see enough unique product to warrant my interest here, we have a lot of repacks and repaints, some clever packaging and a more reasonable pricepoint than expected (I think, I've heard various pricepoints on these), but ultimately I either have these figures or don't want these figures, I'm not a sealed collector, and there's nothing here that really says "wow!" to me.

dindae
09-06-2005, 03:06 PM
Well I voted for Jedi Temple Assault (which I have), Corruscant Attack, Jedi vs. Sith (which I have), and Assualt on Hoth because they all offer something new. I will probably also get the Jedi vs. Seperatist because of the different sculpts. Although currently I am not buying anything due to finacial issues. Since I will be going back and trying to buy some of these later I'm not sure all of them will make the cut. I really didn't like the clone armor obi-wan. Take off armor rarely looks good at this scale and the chest piece was pathetic.

skeeziks22
09-06-2005, 03:21 PM
I will likely get them all... if I ever see them. Things get here so slowly that sometimes they go straight to clearance. We don't have Target or K-Mart, so those will have to wait... or I'll have someone hunt for me.

I really want the clone packs, but the overall look of the packaging is nice enough to warrant me picking them all up.

Turbowars
09-06-2005, 07:46 PM
The only one I have bought is the Hoth set. I have seen a few others, but they royally suck. I will buy 2-3 of the Temple and Coruscant sets if I find them.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-06-2005, 08:32 PM
I don't currently have any of them, but that's simply due to a lack of funds. I plan on getting these:
*Jedi vs. Sith - I really like the look of Anakin and Asajj, and while the Obi-Wan kind of sucks it's okay for the time being.
*Jedi Temple Assault - I can take or leave the Anakin, but I'd like another clone pilot for a gunship (if I ever find a gunship, that is) and those blue clones are killer, if not entirely accurate.
*Clone Attack on Coruscant - Five clones in one go, and four of them are actually from the film; how could you pass this up?
*Assault on Hoth - More snowtroopers is always a good thing, and I never got the AT-AT or probe droid so those other figures are welcome too.

The other sets are just dumb as hell, for the throne room they should've included the better ROTS guards, a VOTC stormie, a kitbashed Palpatine (a better one, at least), and a repainted dignitary to look like the other one in that hat.

Reefer Shark
09-06-2005, 08:41 PM
Jedi vs Sith (already bought) - mainly for Ani and Assaj, and the Obi-Wan makes for some good custom fodder. You can make adecent General Obi out of him with a little effort.

Jedi Temple Assault - I'm on the fence about this one due to the missing paint details on the 501'st clones. I'm sure I'll buy it if I see it though, so I voted for it. Y'know.... sucker for clones just like the rest of you.

Coruscant attack - This one is the most appealing to me. I really hope I can find at least one at retail....

jjreason
09-07-2005, 12:39 AM
I've been putting off thinking about getting these simply because they won't show up in Canada, and there are way too many other things that I'm worrying about getting first (like basic figures past 47 for instance).

I only voted for the Temple Assault and Coruscant Attack because I know there are Clones in there that I want. Those are a given. But are the Anakin figures and the Blue Clones repacks (or I guess "prepacks", when talking about the blue Clones) of basic figures? If so, I don't need the pack. I know I don't need another Ani or Clone Pilot.

Does anyone feel like going over what, if anything is NEW, RESCLUPTED, REPAINTED and REPACKAGED in each of the 5 remaining sets? We're talking about 25 figures, so I know it's a big job - but any help with that would lead me to a better understanding of what I want.

OC47150
09-07-2005, 08:12 AM
The Jedi temple and Coruscant attack sets are must-haves for me. It's a toss-up for the Jedi vs. Sith set; I really want the Obi Wan and armor.

The others I can wait until clearance.

JediTricks
09-07-2005, 05:15 PM
That seems to be the main consensus here, those are the only 2 sets that most voters are saying they gotta have, the rest have far lower numbers. Personally, I don't see it with that Jedi Temple Assault set, that Anakin is the same as ROTS #2, they didn't even give him a robe, it's an ugly figure; plus, the set comes with another Clone Pilot, a pegwarmer who wasn't in the scene and shouldn't be in the set.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-07-2005, 08:03 PM
I've been putting off thinking about getting these simply because they won't show up in Canada, and there are way too many other things that I'm worrying about getting first (like basic figures past 47 for instance).

I only voted for the Temple Assault and Coruscant Attack because I know there are Clones in there that I want. Those are a given. But are the Anakin figures and the Blue Clones repacks (or I guess "prepacks", when talking about the blue Clones) of basic figures? If so, I don't need the pack. I know I don't need another Ani or Clone Pilot.

Does anyone feel like going over what, if anything is NEW, RESCLUPTED, REPAINTED and REPACKAGED in each of the 5 remaining sets? We're talking about 25 figures, so I know it's a big job - but any help with that would lead me to a better understanding of what I want.
When Tycho's been gone, I've picked up an even bigger habit for making lists than I had before. When he's up and running 100% I'm sure he'll take over again. ;) :D

So, here ya go:
Jedi vs. Sith
*Anakin - NEW
*Asajj - NEW
*Obi-Wan - NEW
*Yoda - from Chian 2-pack, 2003
*General Grievous - Sneak Preview, 2005

Jedi vs. Separatists
*Anakin - body from deluxe figure w/Geonosian Warrior, 2002; head from Tatooine Attack, 2002
*Obi-Wan - body from Jedi Starfighter Pilot, 2002; head from Coruscant Chase, 2002
*Mace - body from Geonosian Rescue, 2002; head from Arena Confrontation, 2003
*Jango - Final Battle, 2002
*Maul - Masters of the Dark Side, 2000 (reissued multiple times since)

Rebel vs. Empire
*Luke - Thone Room Duel, 2003
*Darth Vader - Throne Room Duel, 2003
*Han - Endor Raid, 2002
*Chewbacca - Wookiee Rage, 2005
*Stormtrooper - Commtech, 1999 (reissued in HOF and OTC)

Clone Attack on Coruscant
*Commander - blue-accented repaint of Commander Bacara (Quick-Draw Attack), 2005
*Clone Troopers - gray-accented repaint of Clone Trooper (Quick-Draw Attack), 2005

Jedi Temple Assault
*Anakin - Lightsaber Attack, 2005
*Clone Pilot - Firing Cannon, 2005 (white version)
*Clone Troopers - blue-accented repaint of Clone Trooper (Quick-Draw Attack), 2005

Imperial Throne Room
*Palpatine - Firing Force Lightning, 2005
*Dignitary - Janus Greejatus (Imperial Procession), 2003
*Stormtrooper - Commtech, 1999 (reissued in HOF and OTC)
*Royal Guards - Coruscant Security, 2002

Assault on Hoth
*General Veers - AT-AT Commander from AT-AT, 1997
*Snowtroopers - slight repaint of Snowtrooper 1997
*Snowtrooper with Cannon - OTC (repaint of Saga figure), 2004
*Probot - deluxe figure from 1997

jjreason
09-08-2005, 12:22 AM
Thanks, Mr.JabbaJohnL. Valuable post there. Doesn't much change what I want out of the Battlepacks, mind you, but knowing IS half the battle!

Slicker
09-08-2005, 06:34 AM
So out of 7 Battle Packs with, if I recall correctly, 5 figures per we only get 3 new figures? And to top it off they're all in the same pack.:rolleyes: The only thing that's gonna get me to buy these is my completism and the way these look in the packaging.

dindae
09-08-2005, 12:48 PM
That seems to be the main consensus here, those are the only 2 sets that most voters are saying they gotta have, the rest have far lower numbers. Personally, I don't see it with that Jedi Temple Assault set, that Anakin is the same as ROTS #2, they didn't even give him a robe, it's an ugly figure; plus, the set comes with another Clone Pilot, a pegwarmer who wasn't in the scene and shouldn't be in the set.

Well speaking for myself it is just a way to get 3 501st troopers in one go. Since figure prices have gone up in my area so the price is decent for the sets. I could care less about the Anakin and there are tons of the regular carded pilot around. But now I have 3 501st and that will be 3 less to hunt down when it comes to single card and that much less of a hassle. Now if the pictures I've seen of the single carded figure are acurate then it will be a superior figure but to me it is just insurance that I will get enough troopers.

trandoshan666
09-08-2005, 02:04 PM
Temple assault, Clones and Hoth.
I need to remove the Hoth Assault from this list. I came across it today at TRU and thought it was terrible.:upset:

bobafrett
09-09-2005, 11:42 PM
I came across the Jedi vs. the Separatists today, and what a bunch of repacked garbage. I passed on it for now, A lot of money was wasted putting that set together.

Mad Slanted Powers
09-10-2005, 11:55 AM
I have Jedi vs Sith, Assault on Hoth, and yesterday I picked up Jedi Temple Assault. Yesterday I also saw Imperial Throne Room and Jedi vs. Separatists, but I passed on both. I do plan on getting Clone Attack on Coruscant if and when I find it. Definitely not getting getting Rebels vs. Empire.

Kidhuman
09-11-2005, 09:15 AM
I caved in and put the Jedi vs Sith set on Lay-a-way yesterday. I am still undecided if I will keep it or give it to the boy for Christmas.

Darth Jax
09-11-2005, 11:20 AM
since i'm still one of the afflicted, i'll pick up one of each of them that i see. not quite enough of a completist to feel the need to get any that i don't find from e-tailers though (which is likely since i walk into a kmart like once a year due to their higher prices).

Luuuuuuke
09-11-2005, 12:14 PM
I already got the Jedi vs. Separatists, which I kind of sort of regret getting. Other than that, definitely getting the Attack on Corscant, and already have the Jedi Temple Assault. I'm not getting the rest.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-11-2005, 02:16 PM
After seeing Jedi vs. Separatists in person, I kind of like it more than I did from the internet pics. I didn't vote for it but it's a possibility that I'll pick it up.

OC47150
09-12-2005, 08:01 AM
I saw a couple of the sets for the first time in person over the weekend. I can definitely wait until clearance.

sith_killer_99
09-12-2005, 05:51 PM
So far I have found and bought all of these except the Hoth set. With a little luck I will find that set soon.

BTW......I'm back! LOL:Pirate:

Kidhuman
09-12-2005, 06:34 PM
WB SK99, hope you stay awhile this time. :D :beard: