PDA

View Full Version : Official "WHEN ARE MY TOYS GOING TO ARRIVE????!!!" thread

Devo
09-01-2005, 03:37 PM
Anyone else think waiting for a delivery of toys is like sitting there in front of a kettle? I ordered stuff the Tuesday before last from the usually quick r2dtoys to be delivered to my place of work - a weekend and 7 long and hard working days have passed and I'm still bloody waiting. I cannot describe how demoralising and infuriating it is to go to work expecting my toys to be there only to find they're not and its just a full, normal tedious days work ahead. If they don't arrive tomorrow they're certainly not going to arrive on a saturday or sunday (when I will also be working). This vexes me.

Who else is waiting? For what and from what online retailer?

Jayspawn
09-02-2005, 12:01 AM
We have another member who ordered from them and finally recieved their package 3 months late -for something that was supposed to be in stock.

But yes, waiting for packages is pretty suspenseful for me! I have a package shipping tomorrow and I try not to count the days.

kool-aid killer
09-02-2005, 12:38 AM
I always worry that it will get lost in the mail. I get really stressed when i send something to somebody. Its always at the back of my mind: Hows the box doing? Is it being tossed around? Are the contents safe? Where is it at? When will it get there? Will they be satisfied? etc. With all the time i spend worrying about it sometimes i wonder whether its worth the anxiety.

Devo
09-02-2005, 01:19 PM
As I suspected it didn't arrive today either. So thats a full working week plus 3 and 2 saturdays and 2 sundays. Its really bothersome because I've been having a particularly busy time at work with no days off and at home aswell and I've been hoping all the while that it'll be redeemed with a shipment of new toys. And ordinarily I get stuff from them within 5 working days.

What may be causing a hold-up is I ordered Anakin's Swoop bike from the saga line and immediately after it became listed as 'OUT OF STOCK'. I also ordered Plo Koon's starfighter and the Jedi VS sith battlepack both of which are now out of stock (although they were in stock when I ordered them).

I would be really ticked off (for want of a more angry sounding word) if those items weren't set aside for me simply because something else I ordered wasn't in stock and then they went to other people. This happened to my brother when he was ordering the computer I'm presently using. Because not all of his order was on hand none of it was put aside and then something else went out of stock by the time the other thing came back in stock. It was a complete farce which went on for a heck of a long time.

I've always gotten the stuff in good condition so I'm not really worried about that only that the above scenario may be playing out.

Kidhuman
09-02-2005, 02:43 PM
I hope they arent becoming the Euorpean vesion of Kebco for your sake.

jaxx
09-02-2005, 03:26 PM
Of course, we're ALL still waiting for the earlybird kit until November...
I have had some fairly bad luck with "Collectibletimes.com." I've ordered from them about 4 or 5 times in the past (never again), and 75% - 80% of the time the package would take FOREVER to get to me. I ended up emailing them multiple times. They'd get back to me saying that the package was shipped like two days prior, but it wouldn't show up for another week... I call back only to be told that it will ship soon... I thought it was already shipped! WTF!
The only reason that I bought from them that many times is because they had what I was looking for, and it was at the cheapest price on the net.
But... yeah... waiting sux!
That's why I don't pre-oder from places like entertanment earth anymore. They send their stuff in prime mint condition, of course, but I hate waiting 4 months to get something.

Devo
09-03-2005, 02:37 PM
I thought reading about other people having the same problems would calm me down but it hasn't. I've just heard that I'm in for another week of work with no days off and I feel it in my gut that my stuff aint going to arrive on Monday either. Unfortunately even that foresight won't numb the anguish when I go down to work and find no package. I need a fix badly. I'd go hunting for stuff personally but obviously my present 7day working week is a hindrance to such a venture. :upset: :sad: :tired: :( :mad:

Devo
09-07-2005, 12:49 PM
and still nothing as of the 7th september for an order made on 23rd August, charged for on the 25th august, and having no great distance to be transported (London to Dublin).