PDA

View Full Version : September 2005: Monthly DVD Round-up!!

Hellboy
09-01-2005, 05:22 PM
Another dry month for me. Doesn't happen to often that I buy this few DVD's but I think Sin City will be the only film I've purchased in a 3 month period.

I guess it might have something to do with the amount of quality movies this year. IMO at least 80% are crap and out of the remaining 20% only 5% are really worth owning while the rest are good for a rental at best. :sad:

The last quarter of this year is shaping up to be quite good though.

2-1B
09-02-2005, 12:48 AM
9/6 - probably nothing but I'd like to rent Crash and maybe rent that new edition of The Deer Hunter. Oh, and eventually I will get Doogie Howser Season 2 but not right away (I didn't plan on getting season 1 but couldn't pass it up dirt cheap for a used copy so I'll get this one . . . eventually).

9/13
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Da Ali G Show season 2

maybe Fever Pitch ? It wasn't the greatest but I like Jimmy and Drew, I don't know. I'll probably hold off and get it at discount.

9/20
Mallrats Special Edition
maybe The Longest Yard ?

9/27
probably Robots
Family Guy Stewie movie

Rocketboy
09-02-2005, 04:48 PM
9/6
Crash - amazing movie

9/20
Mallrats Special Edition

9/27
Family Guy movie

Mandalorian Candidat
09-02-2005, 08:12 PM
I didn't know HGTTG was coming out already. I may have to get it.

This counts more for August but I bought them in Sept.: Sahara and Blues Brothers 25th Anniversary.

Gonna project that sucker up on my wall tonight and groove...

2-1B
09-02-2005, 11:29 PM
You bought Sahara ? :D No wonder you are incapable of appreciating Hayden's performance in ROTS. :crazed:

CooLJoE
09-04-2005, 07:10 AM
I buy tons of DVDs every week, although the only one I want on 9/6 is Lost Season 1. I don't think there is anything else worth bothering for. I'll rent Crash before I think about buying it.

9/13 - HGTTG widescreen, thats it

9/20 - Longest Yard, Mallrats, Mindhunters

9/27 - Robots, Stewie's Untold Story, Iron Giant Special Edition

General_Grievous
09-05-2005, 11:42 AM
Dry month for me. The only thing I'm certain of getting is the Family Guy movie on 9/27. The other two are up in the air for me: the Toy Story 10th Anniversary DVD on 9/6 and the Mallrats 10th Anniversary DVD on 9/20. I wonder if I should buy Toy Story, because I have Monster's Inc, Finding Nemo and The Incredibles on DVD. Maybe I should complete my Pixar collection.

Mandalorian Candidat
09-05-2005, 01:46 PM
You bought Sahara ? :D No wonder you are incapable of appreciating Hayden's performance in ROTS. :crazed:

Hey, Penelope Cruz could have played a more believable Ani than Hayden. :D

UKWildcat
09-06-2005, 10:55 PM
Definitely going to pick up Lost Season 1. I too will rent Crash before buying, already have it on the way from Netflix. Not sure if I should upgrade the Mallrats dvd that I already have. It is a great movie so I may upgrade if I have some extra money.

Hellboy
09-10-2005, 04:30 PM
Well this doesn't actually come out until December but figured I'd post this news here since I remember people mentioning in last month's round-up that a better version of Sin City was immanent. Well here ya go, it sounds great and we're getting way more than I ever would have expected. Looks like I'll be double dipping on this title. :frus:

http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?r=0&s=1&c=7667&n=1&burl=

mrmiller
09-10-2005, 07:40 PM
Well this doesn't actually come out until December but figured I'd post this news here since I remember people mentioning in last month's round-up that a better version of Sin City was immanent. Well here ya go, it sounds great and we're getting way more than I ever would have expected. Looks like I'll be double dipping on this title. :frus:

http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?r=0&s=1&c=7667&n=1&burl=

That is too cool. And they are including the Graphic Novel! That makes the price tag more bareable. I love the film schools and comentary by Robert Rodriquez on his other DVDs. This should be a winner. Now for that Kill Bill set...

=MATT=

UKWildcat
09-15-2005, 09:33 PM
WOW!!! I just watched 'Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy' and I'm adding that to my list of dvds. I thought it was a really good flick. I've read a lot of good reviews on the Family Guy Stewie movie so I guess I'll pick that up as well.