PDA

View Full Version : New wave of Star Wars Cups at Target

Veers
09-02-2005, 12:42 AM
I went to Target and I saw a new wave of Star Wars Cups. Darth Vader, Princess Leia, and Stormtrooper. I thought they were cool but I passed up on it. I thought about how cool these were. So I go back to Target the next day and all they have left is Princess Leia. I should have grabbed these while I had the chance. :sad: Has anyone else found these? The only pic I can find of this is on Ebay. Click on this link to see the pic of it. Darth Vader and Stormtrooper are hard to find I guess. There was 2 of everybody and they come 6 in a case.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-STAR-WARS-Target-Exclusive-Darth-Vader-Cup-RARE_W0QQitemZ5995990939QQcategoryZ101609QQrdZ1QQc mdZViewItem

Markimus
09-02-2005, 12:59 AM
I've learned that lesson the hard way.. If you see it and you want it... better buy it now. Because it probably won't be there later.

kool-aid killer
09-02-2005, 01:34 AM
Forget the figures, i just want the cups. Too bad there isnt a way to buy them without the figures.

Markimus, im with you when it comes to buying when i see it, assuming i have the cash. Ive been burned far too many times by leaving things behind.

Slicker
09-02-2005, 03:17 AM
The reason it's so "rare" is because it just came out. I still haven't seen 'em but if it's a new product I refuse to bid on it on Ebay. Just be patient and you'll find it. I've found that the new ROTS toys aren't that tough to find on the whole.

As for these cups I love 'em. I've got almost all of them not including these ones.

ace2005
09-02-2005, 03:37 AM
These cups have hit all over the local Houston, Texas area.

case assortment is

2 princess
2 vaders
2 troopers

for us the vader seems to be going first.

good luck, :squareeye

BlueSnags
09-02-2005, 09:31 PM
The cups are tough to find here in LA. I've only seen them once, and a scalper grabbed both Stormies right before I got there. Bought the Vader and Leia, though. Finally acquired a Stormie thru a trade with CrunchyNug.

Pretty funny how the interest in Star Wars has gone up so much this year (considering how the first few waves of cups were all pegwarmers and were clearanced).

Snags

trandoshan666
09-06-2005, 10:17 AM
I saw the cups Monday night in Austin, TX. I liked the Vader one best, but not enough to buy it.

BFett88
09-06-2005, 12:07 PM
I saw them yesturday. I have a friend that works at Target and he went to the back room to get my Tie Fighter and brought out the cups as well. I passed, they are cool, but it is just to much money for a rehash figure and a plastic glass.

bobafrett
09-06-2005, 02:20 PM
I only found the princess today, but passed on it because the package was in bad shape.

dindae
09-15-2005, 12:50 PM
I've seen them a couple of times. I'm with Kool-aid Killer. I was buy these for the cups but I'm passing on these since I already have more SW glasses/cups that I will ever need. Since I'm an opener there is nothing here for me except maybe another stormtrooper.

Rogue II
09-15-2005, 01:06 PM
The Target closest to me still has 4 of the Han Solo cups still at full price, and hasn't brought out any of the new cups yet. Last month, I bought a Han Solo cup at a different Target in town on clearance. I have yet to find the Yoda and Boba Fett cups on clearance, then again, I've only seen them once at full price. Eventually, if I see the new cups and they go on clearance, I'll definatly pick them up. I just don't think they are worth full price.

Rogue II
09-26-2005, 04:11 PM
I still haven't seen the new wave at Target, but I was at a baseball card show at one of the local malls this weekend. One of the vendors had the Vader and Stormtrooper. My wife says, "Look, they have those cups you are looking for." I said, "Yeah, he wants $28 each. Target sells them for $14, and even that is too much. There is no way in hell I'm paying 28 bucks for them." I look over at the table again, and the vendor has a stupid smile on his face then walks to the other end of his table.

Seriously, who would pay $28 for one of these cups?

Jango Speck
09-26-2005, 11:28 PM
I've never paid more than $9.99 for any cup- and some were clearanced for $3. Don't you love it when scalpers charge way too much, like, 3 or 4 times retail? Who are they kidding?