PDA

View Full Version : with all the babble coming outta rhode island these days....

good shot jansen
01-17-2002, 07:33 AM
what with sneaky peaks at their new vehicles and figures. has any body heard a peep at all as to whether we can expect to see anything along the way of micro machines?

or should i postin' this in the dead line thread?

i got's to believe that either you jt, or ss himself has heard something along these lines.

do we have anything to look forward to, or is this section of ssg gonna reamin off topic eternally? :rolleyes:

JediTricks
01-18-2002, 01:50 AM
Ask again next month during or after Toy Fair. I currently have nothing, but I will have either pics or word of the situation then.

vulcantouch
01-18-2002, 01:03 PM
. . .but i just got a terse message from "enabran tain" (or someone who's managed to duplicate his id encoding) that implied there are No ep2 mms currently in the pipe. if this turns out to be right, you heard it here first; if not, i'm glad to be wrong-
vt

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
01-18-2002, 11:14 PM
Does anyone remember a promise that was made (I believe) over the summer, in a SSG interview that stated a return to classic and the production of ep2 mms? I thought that it was a go, that they were already in production. If what VT says turns out to be true than these lamewads at Hasblo have broken yet another promise (are we sure they aren't based in D.C.?) to it's many loyal fans as it will certainly break our hearts here on the MM board :cry:

JediTricks
01-19-2002, 02:03 AM
VT, no MMs at all, only AF; or no MMs at all, including AF? If it's the former, that could definitely explain a lot.

jeddah
01-19-2002, 03:52 AM
I thought ET turned out to be a treacherous louse (in DS9)? Hopefully this is reverse psychology

jeddah:confused:

vulcantouch
01-19-2002, 10:44 AM
Subject: http://sirstevesguide.com/vbportal/forums/showthread.php?threadid=2972

Don't hold your breath, Versatile Troubleshooter.

as you can see, as usual it don't really explain Anything, it's just a bit of advice :confused:
oh well, i'd love to see many more mms, but i already got ~175 different ships in my collection. so if hasbutt decides it don't want no more of my MMoney, i can be philosophical about it. not like i'm gonna Force em to take my $$ :p
vt

JediTricks
01-20-2002, 10:36 PM
Hmm, too vague, I guess we'll just have to harass Hasbro in a few weeks.

britcit3
02-01-2002, 04:48 AM
Eh up (still here, been lurkin'!)

Well, it's February and according to sources we can expect the first wave of AOTC figs out this month (in fact, there is currently an Ebay auction for the 1st 8 figs from a seller in Hong Kong).

But I have still no seen or heard anything about MM's or AF's.

Anybody got any news?

BC3

LTBasker
02-01-2002, 05:08 AM
Actually Hasbro said the preview figures will be released in March and the others in April.

britcit3
02-01-2002, 11:13 AM
Forbidden Planet, a UK chain of comic/sci-fi shops have them in their catalogue for release in Feb.

BC3

JediTricks
02-02-2002, 02:40 AM
There may be some confusion between certain parties about the figures, I can't say more than that, but Hasbro HQ says they are supposed to be in March.

britcit3
02-02-2002, 03:09 AM
This UK site is selling them now......

http://www.wattosjunkyardonline.com/store/store.pl

Just ordered a Blue Battle Droid & Shaak Ti.

They will be with me on Monday!!!

BC3

good shot jansen
02-04-2002, 06:24 AM
hmmmmm, seems like midnight madness ain't what it used to be, lessen o' course greenwhich mean is now in the twi-light zone, and it's really march now, and not feb:confused:

np: the temps - "ball of confusion"

good shot jansen
02-05-2002, 07:25 AM
i just went back to that site today.........and poof! they're all gone, like they were never there before!:confused:

i know i checked the link yesterday, and all those aotc toys were definately on line, and ready to be purchased!, and now today, they've vanished!

bc3, let us know if you do indeed receive the figures that you ordered!

np: paul clements - "it's a mystery"

britcit3
02-05-2002, 10:16 AM
The post man has tried to deliver a package today, but as we were all out, the box is at my local post office awaiting collection.

I have a full day of appointments tomorrow, so I will probably pick it up on Thursday.

Will LYK.

Cheers

BC3

JediTricks
02-05-2002, 10:17 AM
I told you, there is a lot of mysterious problems between certain parties...

good shot jansen
02-05-2002, 10:21 AM
but i think that the package which is waiting for you at the post office, is prolly the box o' goodies i had been collecting for you, which i finally got around to sending last week.

which by the way, i can't wait for your review on the balsa star trek ships, as they are absolutely the most detailed pieces of sci/fi machinery i'v ever seen!

britcit3
02-05-2002, 10:27 AM
Hey GSJ

Your goody boxes normally get delivered by a company called Parcel Force - but this box is held at the Royal Mail, so I don't think that it's yours.

The Balsa's - that good, eh? Can't wait. - Are they pretty much MM sized ? (I want to display them with the rest of my huge Federation Fleet).

What did you order from Mr Enoch and have they arrived yet?

Cheers

BC3

good shot jansen
02-05-2002, 10:31 AM
they are indeed mm size (maybe a tad larger but not noticeably), they will look superb when displayed on your site!

unfortunately, mr. enoch never responded to my e-mail request (i did get a return receipt indicating that he had indeed opened my e-mail), i just haven't had the time to follow up.:(

britcit3
02-05-2002, 02:22 PM
Evenin' all

There is a UK SW site called The Private Universe.....

http://books.dreambook.com/tpu/probenews.html

It is a great site that I check daily - alot of the stuff is UK specific, but they do bag some major scoops and LOADS of reliable info.

Well, I checked the site today and saw a review of the UK toy fair - some Ep2 stuff mentioned but no MM's&AF's.

So I emailed the guy who runs the site and he replied saying that nothing of MMs or Af's were seen at the fair, BUT HE HAD HEARD THAT THERE WAS SOME STUFF DUE OUT!!

Hoping that this is correct.

Keeping fingers, toes, eyes & kidneys cross.

Cheers

BC3

Jangu Fett
02-05-2002, 06:12 PM
Does anyone out there know anything about the new Action Fleet/Micro Machines lines, Hasbro is releasing for AOTC????

britcit3
02-09-2002, 02:42 AM
Just to let you all know........

Delighted to announce that I have just recieved my 2 AOTC figs more than 2 months before the UK release date of 24 April.

Battle Droid - pretty much the same as the Ep1 version - but has some "boomer" damage on it - still a good figure.

SHAAK TI - what can I say - one of the best figures that I have ever seen. Dying to see her in action in AOTC.

& ALSO

Does anybody know any good sci-fi/comic book stores in North Carolina?

I am taking my family there on holiday for 2 weeks in April (my best pal works for the Oxford University Press there in their US office).

LMK

Squeel piggy!

BC3

LTBasker
02-09-2002, 02:47 AM
Dude, how much were the figures? I didn't think it was true, but I wouldn't mind getting a couple Battle Droids right now. (I've been waiting since E1 came out for a decent Battle Droid figure, should've been released 2-3 years ago.)

britcit3
02-09-2002, 02:54 AM
They were 12 each - which is only about 2 more than the UK retail price.

The link to the site is in another post in this thread somewhere - although I have a suspicion that they may have sold out.

Good luck

BC3

LTBasker
02-09-2002, 02:57 AM
Hmm, the link is on page 2, but they say 15 for most of'em and 20 for the others. I wonder if they ship to the US, might not get'em, they seem a little expensive.

britcit3
02-09-2002, 03:00 AM
They may have put the price up - I'm certain that I only paid 12 each.

They probably do ship US.

BC3

vulcantouch
02-09-2002, 04:20 PM
whyddahell would anyone pick nc for a vacay? ain't nuthin there but shantytowns & dirtclods ;) an mm fan'd be much better off heddin to ny, la, ft lauderdale or Denvoid, am i right peeple? :) anyhoo, might wanna make yer inquiry here (http://sirstevesguide.com/vbportal/forums/showthread.php?threadid=916) :)
btw jt, b'jr's tawkin bout road-trippin to la in a few weeks on an errand. havent' decided whether i'll join him, but if i do think we oughta rrange us a ronday? :cool:
vt

britcit3
02-09-2002, 04:31 PM
Hey VT

According to my best friend, when describing NC, he says "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy" (no offence any NC'ers).

Having said that, I am originally from Liverpool and believe you me ANYWHERE has got to be nicer.

Seriously - I am absolutely DYING to get the the US for a couple of weeks - s'been one of my aims in life for a few years now - can't wait.

Apparently the Blue Ridge mountains ain't so far away and the scenery is quite nice.

Can you give me any US social faux pas's that we Brits may not be aware of (my friend was recently asked to leave a restaurant as his tattoos were visible !!!).

BC3

vulcantouch
02-09-2002, 04:54 PM
no specific etiquette boobytraps come to mind. to the contrary, in my experience yanks are charmed to the point of silliness by brits; the accents, the VesTige of manners we long ago abandoned, the intimidating unconscious reminder that they were the ancestors of our founding powers-that-be etc. so if anything, you'll find yanks deferential. we can't help it; we're a simple, primitive people; try to go easy on us :D just don't pick your nose, cough on anyone's lunch or crack any "how many alqaedas does it take to push over the twin towers" jokes & you'll prolly make it out alive :evil: throw around them "crikey", "bleedin" and "wankah" expressions a lot too, we really dig it when y'all do that. might as well use "now Thet's a knoife", "shrimp on the bawbie" and "eat a choy, mayte" too- no one'll know the difference ;D
Vulgarian T'ambassdor

SWAFMAN
02-09-2002, 05:38 PM
not many to speak of - at least not many where Brits have to worry about offending Yanks, as it generally seems that British folk are more reserved and courteous in social situations.

Some (probably) obvious things to remember are:
f a g does not ever refer to a cigarette in the U.S. I dated a British girl a long while back, and when her family came to visit, her brother excused himself from the hotel room saying he really needed a f a g. My ignorance of British slang combined with the fact that they were staying at the Travel Lodge near Santa Monica Blvd. in Hollywood, CA (a locale synonymous with nightclubs and prostitution for alternative lifestyles) made for a bit of a misunderstanding.

If you've followed this forum long enough, you'll recall the thread discussing the difference between U.S. and British use of the word "pants." Here it refers to trousers.

You may encounter a breakfast food called "grits." It's like Farina, or if you're familiar with the hot cereal brand "Cream of Wheat" then think of grits as a slightly courser version. If you wish to sample it, it's best tried with a bit of white sugar, butter and milk.

If a very polite lady says to you in a very polite southern accent, "Well, bless your heart." You may've just been told "f*ck you." Same goes for the phrase "Have a nice day."

Whisky is spelled Whiskey, and is a more filtered and mellower version of Bourbon. If you venture inland to Tennessee and Kentucky, I encourage you to taste test the difference between the two for yourself.

The tattoo episode you mentioned seems excessive on the part of the restaurant staff, unless the tattoos contained clearly visible vulgar words or overtly vulgar or obscene imagery. Tattoos and piercings in general have become extremely commonplace here, so merely having tatoos visible - verbage or imagery notwithstanding - should not be cause for trouble.

North Carolina is mostly considered a Southern state in the context of our civil and post-civil war sensibilities. It probably isn't fair to stereotype everyone in a state, but Southerners are perceived as being less tolerant of other people of non-white, non-northern european descent. North Carolina does, however, have a significantly large African-American population in its major cities. North Carolina boasts large high-technology business and industry centre, so it has drawn many people from other regions of the U.S. and the world there for employment. I've only driven through North Carolina en route to Florida, but I know people who travel there often for the golf and seaside resorts in the Outer Banks area. I'm told the resorts are world-class as far as scenic beauty and accommodations. Temperatures seem to stay around 70 degrees (f) most of the year.

Finally, no visit to North Carolina is complete without a visit to the Biltmore Estate/Mansion in Asheville, NC. Being from a land of castles, this may be an anti-climactic experience, but you can check out this website to see if it would be of interest.
Biltmore Estate (http://www.biltmore.com/)

Have a great visit, and if you decide to travel a few hours north, I live in central Pennsylvania and I'd be pleased to show you around my humble sort of bavarian-style hamlet.

britcit3
02-10-2002, 02:44 AM
VT & SWAF

Thanks for the pointers.

VT - delighted to say that I sound nothing like an Aussie - as I have a Liverpool accent, alot of yanks that I have met have thought that I was Irish!! So top o' the mornin' to ye'!

SWAF: Will try to avoid saying "I never feel happy unless I have a *** in my mouth".

NOTE- on visits to the UK, it is OK for you to say "I need to suck on a Fishermans Friend" - they're a cough sweet.

Grits - won't be sampling them - want BIG American breakfasts - 18 pancakes with syrup - every day.

Will cerainly be trying WHISKEY - and any other alcholic drinks that are unique to your country (LOVE Jack Daniels).

Will try to get to the Biltmore Estate - looks nice (although the site made me a laugh as it demonstrated the difference in historical perception between Yanks and Brits......

"More than a century ago..........." - this is quite small potatoes over here.

I live 5 miles from Lancaster Castle, built in the 1400's...

http://www.priory.lancs.ac.uk/castle.html

And just down the road in my village, on the cliffs, there are the ruins of a church dating back well over 1000 years! - there are stone coffins carved into the rock on top of the hill - they're incredible.......

http://www.bispham2.freeserve.co.uk/heysham/index.htm

And what is your legal alcohol limit for driving - how many bottles of wine is it OK to drink and then drive?

Temperatures of around 70? - sounds good - Northern England is bloody cold most of the year.

Will be travelling North, but only as far as Washington - only a few hours drive, I'm told.

Thanks again for the pointers chaps - they have been jolly useful.

Just off to clean my bowler hat.

Cheers

BC3

LTBasker
02-10-2002, 05:12 AM
Actually on the alcohol, it's not ok to have any and drive...well I think 1-2 bottles of beer ar eok as long sa you can take it but if a cop caught you with an open bottle of any alcoholic beverage or drunk or near drunk at the wheel, you'd be arrested. "That'd end your trip real quick, wouldn't it?" You might want to be careful, there is probably more cops around the Carolinas as there are a few other states due to NASCAR season being back.

And don't forget, we drive on the right side of the street. :happy:

I just gotta try this once,
np: The song played when the Falcon is flying through the asteroid field :D

JediTricks
02-10-2002, 09:35 AM
Hasbro confirms return of Action Fleet - first up are the Millennium Falcon, TIE Fighter, and X-wing... MSRP hasn't changed. (This is just from the press release, so I have no more info on this right now, though hopefully very soon... I don't even know if these are new designs or rehashes of the originals)

good shot jansen
02-10-2002, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
Hasbro confirms return of Action Fleet - first up are the Millennium Falcon, TIE Fighter, and X-wing

hmmmmmm, not sure at all what this means:confused:

falcon is definately welcome, as the original ones were not produced in great quantities, thus resulting in their absurd price point on ebay. Everyone should have an action fleet falcon in their collection! :happy:

tie and x-wing huh?

maybe they'll get the color and striping right this time!

it has always been a pet peeve o' mine, that the only way to get an af x-wing with the correct striping on the fuselage, was the toy fair swamped up one:rolleyes:

tie fighter, afraid there ain't too much excitement over that one.:zzz:

hey but at least this is the 1st mm news of any kind in about two years!:)

JediTricks
02-10-2002, 11:10 AM
Just to show how busy I am right now, I just noticed that the Hasbro press release, which we posted verbatim, misspelled the Falcon's name: "MILLENIUM"
(that's right, only one "N")

As for these re-releases, it's probably just to get anybody who was too young or too out of the loop to notice the original Action Fleet to take notice of the line now. I'd like to see the larger wings on the TIE Fighter though, that'd be sweet. And a thinner nose on the X-wing, and a boarding ramp on the Millennium Falcon... and a pony, and my own roller coaster, and a house made of gold, and... :crazed: :greedy:

SWAFMAN
02-10-2002, 12:19 PM
blood alcohol limit is .10 in most states - roughly equaly to an average sized adult having one glass of beer or one shot of liquor in one hour. Jack Daniel's distillery should only be a few hours drive from you in North Carolina.

britcit3
02-10-2002, 12:22 PM
Looks like I'll be walking everywhere!!

BC3

LTBasker
02-10-2002, 07:21 PM
I don't think you can really walk around with liqour either, maybe cans of beers, but I don't think anything heavy. If ya wanna get drunk best do it where you're staying. :p

SWAFMAN
02-10-2002, 10:37 PM
Is there a significant difference in the blood alcohol limit for driving in the UK?

britcit3
02-11-2002, 12:37 AM
The UK limit is 2 units of alcohol in your blood - about 1 pint of beer worth.

BC3

good shot jansen
02-11-2002, 07:04 AM
same thang fer growin' up in nyc! (of course there, i was living in an apartment!)

it wasn't til i moved down to fla, that drinkin' became synonymous with drivin. :eek:

as swaffy pointed out, biltmore is definately a must see joint. if you ever saw the great movie being there, (i believe it was peter sellers last movie), biltmore is where it takes place.

as you said that you are going to be near the blue ridge mountains, i'm assuming that you are going to be in the ashville area, if so, (and also if you like to ski) beech mountain is not to far from there, and is prolly the best skiing hill available in the southern u.s.

If you make it to the coast, the outter islands are beautiful, particularly around cape hatteras.

i have to concur with vt though, makin your 1st u.s. land fall in nc, is a tad peculiar, usually not on peoples lists of gott go (leesn you and the missus are furniture shoppin', nc is famous for furniture manufacturing)

drvin' time from nc to dc can be quite daunting, if your inland (since your near the blue ridge, i'm guessing you'll be inland), the drive is prolly somwhere close to being 7 or more hours :eek: , of course that will give you plenty of opportunities to check out u.s. road side eating attractions like stukey's (famous for pecan logs), shoney's(famous for food that sticks to your ribs fer days!), and of course pancake house (famous for.............lets just say, you can git your 18 flap jacks there :p )

let us know the dates you're going, and i'll see if i can find some interestin' to do's during that time frame!

good shot jansen
02-11-2002, 08:02 AM
here are some close up photos of darth vaders action fleet tie in the proposed new packaging! (http://systems.figures.com/Features/index.html?show_article=29761&domain=sirstevesguide.com&dom=ss&domain_id=5)

here's a close up of the box back (http://systems.figures.com/Features/index.html?show_article=29762&domain=sirstevesguide.com&dom=ss&domain_id=5)

here's a photo of the falcon! (http://systems.figures.com/Features/index.html?show_article=29763&domain=sirstevesguide.com&dom=ss&domain_id=5) i love the battered up look! now that's a hunk o' junk! not the pristine fresh off the showroom floor look of the original!

flacon rear shot (http://systems.figures.com/Features/index.html?show_article=29764&domain=sirstevesguide.com&dom=ss&domain_id=5)

this is indeed encouraging news!:)

good shot jansen
02-11-2002, 08:47 AM
group shot (http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=tf2002/tf2002actionfleetassort.jpg)

the x-wing looks quite lame in this photo (http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=tf2002/tf2002xwingactionfleet.jpg), and the vaders tie is actually the battle damged version from the death star playset, and if you look closely (http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=tf2002/tf2002tieactionfleet2.jpg) you can see although it is battle damged, it ain't got no scorch marks:confused:

the falcon upon further examination (http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=tf2002/tf2002falconactionfleet.jpg) appears to have been roasted over a slow fire to get that battered up look:rolleyes:

unfortunately what all this prolly means is that with the exception of the falcon (which will prolly sell more than the others, as it was difficult to acquire the 1st time around) the rest of these action fleet retreads, are prolly gonna end up as shelf fodders, and hasbro will point to the assured disapointing sales, as a reason for killing off the line entirely:frus:

give us some new micro machines fer cryingoutloud!:mad:

the entire toy fair rebelscum photo gallery is here (http://www.rebelscum.com/tf2002-8.asp)

good shot jansen
02-11-2002, 08:55 AM
are prolly these lil speeder key chains (http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=tf2002/tf2002coolkeychains2.jpg):rolleyes:

britcit3
02-11-2002, 11:55 AM
Hey GSJ

Thanks for the NC info.

The reason that we are going there is my best pal lives near Raliegh Durham (Cary) - just thought that we would go to visit him.

The "new" AF's - indeed great news - Surely if they are going to be putting old sculpts into AOTC boxes, there MUST be new stuff too.

Cheers

BC3

good shot jansen
02-11-2002, 12:06 PM
my aunt lives there, a nice town. not quite sure what it has by way of attractions fer visitors though, but it certainly does have it's fair share of brittish and irish pubs. so you may find a gravity tap hand pulled bitter!:)

vulcantouch
02-11-2002, 12:17 PM
looks like tain's heads-up was, as usual, all too accurate :(

swaffy: i'm under the impression that nc is a "less southern" southern state, as opposed to say missippi or alabammy- concur?

bc3: don't matter if you sound like tina brown; over here you can still pretend you're paul hogan ;)
what swaffy forgot to mention is , if you're unsure of a southern belle's "bless yer hart" intent, you get to say it right back to her with equal ambiguity ;)
grits? no one round here Evah has no grits. in fact, i'm not sure i've ever had em in my Life. as uhura might say, "it's a big Country mistah scott" ;)
don't forget: as indy jones taught us in nepal, whisky's a good thing to hit your opponent on the head with in a barfight ;)
not to rub it in ;), but- other better-than-nc northam destinations: seattle, sanfran, nawlins, chicago, toronto :cool: while in dc walkin around georgetown is lotta fun. aside from all the brownstones & 100f humidity it kinda reminded me of certain denver neighborhoods :) embassy row's even a diagonal, sloping street heddin into town much like denver's own speer boulevard :)
finally, an idear: instead of piggybackin your pkg into jdah's shipment, should i send your pkg to your nc pal? you'll get it faster that way. if so, email me his address & it'll be waiting for you when you arrive. it's not like it'd take up much room in your luggage when you return home ;)

ltb: actually only certain types of musical works are called "songs". somethin like "asteroid field" would be more accurately referred to as a "piece" or, since it's filmmusic, a "cue" :)
vt
"it'll be a real shame if martha stewart pulls out of kmart, cuz her merch is the only stuff in the store that isn't plastered with nascar logos" - snl or conan joke (can't recall offhand) :D

SWAFMAN
02-11-2002, 06:44 PM
When can we expect the new AFs to hit the shelves?????
I don't care if they're repaints, resculpts, retreads or re-whatevers - I'll buy a couple of each as soon as I can lay my grubby paws on 'em. I can't wait to display that Falcon!

r2dee2
02-11-2002, 07:12 PM
VT, if you want to widen your experience and try some grits :D , just go to any 24 hour Waffle house and try a plate of grits with eggs and toast. I like mine with a little sugar:p

SWAFMAN
02-11-2002, 07:29 PM
swaffy: i'm under the impression that nc is a "less southern" southern state, as opposed to say missippi or alabammy- concur?

Yep, VT, I'd definitely have to concur that miss'ippy & 'bama are "more" southern in the context you implied than is NC. Ironically, although Florida is geographically the most southern state, I found it to be less "Southern" than those states you named (w/ the possible exception of the panhandle).

Having said that, I still think it is accurate to characterize NC as a southern state - particularly in setting the expectations of a visitor asking for cultural queues. I lived in the D.C. metro area of Virginia for much of the '70's, and I assure you that the South was (and remains) still very much alive and well in that region. We even had a name for the clique of kids who embodied that lifestyle (they wore confederate flag symbols - either on a cap or belt buckle or patch on their denim jacket, chewed tobacco, embraced racism and used its epithets freely) - we called these people 'Grits.' The different cliques all had a label, and by definition, tended to huddle in their respective groups when outside on the campus grounds. There were the "Jocks" the "Soshes" (with a long "O" - mostly comprised of popular girls flirting with the jocks), the "Freaks" (long hair, army jackets, always smoking dope right there on the hill during lunch hour), and the "Grits" (usually carving something vulgar into a tree trunk with their buck knives, or showing each other their newest swastika tattoos). I wore an army jacket ;)

----------------------
Q. What do a tornado and an Alabama divorce have in common?
A. Either way, someone's fixin' to lose themselves a mobile home.

Q. Did you that the Governor's Mansion in Alabama was hit by a tornado?
A. Yup, it 'purt-near took out the whole trailer park!

JediTricks
02-12-2002, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by good shot jansen
are prolly these lil speeder key chains :rolleyes: They're actually a totally different line called "Force Link", they're backpack clips and they make light and noise, when you bump them together they make different noises. http://systems.figures.com/Features/index.html?show_article=29107&domain=sirstevesguide.com&dom=ss&domain_id=5

The Vader's TIE is a prototype, so don't be surprised if the final version has battle scorches. The piece at Toy Fair didn't even have a painted cockpit hatch!

As for when these will be released, I'm hoping Steve will get official info today, but probably May.

Grits is really dried, hulled cornmeal that's boiled up. Why enjoy the natural goodness of nature's corn juices when you can suck it out and add your OWN water? ;)

britcit3
02-12-2002, 10:42 AM
Hey JT

Here's eagerly awaiting your next info post.

BC3

SWAFMAN
02-12-2002, 03:08 PM
I saw this while browsing the Sunday paper and wanted to share it with the forum. Taken at its best, we might hopefully see MM, AF and more Lego stuff at our local grocery and drug stores!

JediTricks
02-13-2002, 05:08 AM
They did this for Ep 1 and it didn't work out all that well... till the stores did clearance! Man was that awesome, I picked up a few extras for almost nothing.

good shot jansen
02-14-2002, 08:13 AM
here are the photos of the unreleased action fleet vehicles.

they are:

death star II
star destroyer
neva kee's pod racer
boles roor's pod racer
trade federation shuttle

:mad:

good shot jansen
02-14-2002, 08:15 AM
they are:

sebulbas pod racer
trade federation tank (ATT)

:frus:

good shot jansen
02-14-2002, 08:16 AM
they are:

anakin
obi-wan
qui-gon

:rolleyes:

good shot jansen
02-14-2002, 08:22 AM
i had to break this up into two different files for size constraint reasons

these are:

MTT
Gungan Bongo

good shot jansen
02-14-2002, 08:25 AM
they are:

anakins pod racer
naboo fighter

:(

good shot jansen
02-14-2002, 08:28 AM
they are:

Mawhonic's pod racer
Aldar Beedo's pod racer
Wan Sandage's pod racer
Ody Mandrell's podracer

:confused:

good shot jansen
02-14-2002, 08:30 AM
they are:

set XIV - Mawhonic, Mawhonics Podracer, Yoda, and Opee Sea Killer

set XV - C-3PO, Trade Federation Battleship, Qui-Gon Jinn, and Sando Agua Monster.

set XVI - XVI: Gungan Warrior, Trade Federation Droid Fighter, Queen Amidala, and Trade Federation Droid Transport.

:dead:

shinakuma43
02-14-2002, 12:59 PM
Thanks for the images GSJ, especially the unproduced AFs and Alpha AFs. They are all awesome. I've seen a couple images of some of them before but the quality wasn't nearly as good as these. I'd like to see all of them and every other item from the Star Wars universe made for the AF line.

Later,
S43

britcit3
02-18-2002, 04:29 AM
If you go to the Hasbro Star Wars site, the news section confirms the definate release of AF DV TIE, X WING & MILL FALC.

BC3

RobertDD
02-18-2002, 06:49 AM
GSJ, the posts of the unproduced action fleets were incredable and highly appreciated. How did you come by these? Do you own them?
For anyone interested, here's a link to the unproduced podracer pics at rebelscum: http://www.rebelscum.com/article.asp?i=6779

good shot jansen
02-18-2002, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by RobertDD
Do you own them?

i got the scans from the same joint you're using in your url link.

the guy who runs the galoob section over there, mark, he on the other hand does own em:frus:

he's got a friend over at hasbutt who apparently never read the employees hand book on rules and regulations:eek:

a little more than a year ago, an ebay seller by the name of sftoyseller (possibly, actually probably a one time galoob employee), auctioned off the neva kee and boles roor af podracers in test shot packaging. each of em went for over $1,000 as i recall. he also auctioned off the die-cast anakins pod racer, which sold for close to $200.

JonoFett
02-18-2002, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by RobertDD
GSJ, the posts of the unproduced action fleets were incredable and highly appreciated. How did you come by these? Do you own them?
For anyone interested, here's a link to the unproduced podracer pics at rebelscum: http://www.rebelscum.com/article.asp?i=6779 These are awesome photos. Do we have an update on their possible production, or are Hasbro continuing to remain tight-lipped about this and any other AF line?:)

RobertDD
02-18-2002, 07:17 AM
At one time or another there was definately talk about these unproduced podracers being made available in a two pack like they did for Toys 'R Us and the Japanese Exclusive AFs.

GSJ, I remember them being up for sale. I bid on them up to about $800 but then it all got too high for me.
Can you post the URLs to the Alpha's? Does Mark have those too?

RobertDD
02-18-2002, 07:23 AM
For anybody that is interested, here are the pictures that SFToySeller posted with the auctions

good shot jansen
02-26-2002, 09:15 AM
$80.00 samolians for a case of retreads (http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS46796A):rolleyes:

r2dee2
02-26-2002, 09:27 AM
ActionFigureExpress (http://www.actionfigureexpress.com/starwars3.html) has them for $60...but we still have to wait until the summer :frus:

RobertDD
02-26-2002, 09:27 AM
We don't know that. Chances the AFs seen at Toyfare were only there to show of the packaging and keep interest in the line somewhat warm. I expect at least repaints, and perhaps totally new molds (I am actually quite surprised they still seem to have the old molds) so they will be worthwhile getting.

Two things:
1. What will the other three ships be in the case?
2. Have you seen the release date: July! It's no release with the premiere of AOTC but it's no fall eigther.

shinakuma43
02-27-2002, 11:25 AM
Just got an e-mail from EntertainmentEarth.com and the new Action Fleet ships are available for preorder. For 77.99 and 11.95 shipping you get 6 ships. Included are Millennium Falcons, Vader's Tie Fighters, and X-Wings. It says the numbe rof each is unknown, but hopefully it's 2 of each. It states that they'll be available in July, I hope they come out sooner than that.

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS46796A

Later,
S43

britcit3
03-01-2002, 11:42 AM
I emailed Hasbro UK earlier this weak to ask about the availability of the new AF's later this year.

Just got this hugely informative reply....

Thank you for your recent email.

Unfortunately we do not have information on the Episode II range as yet. We therefore are unable to provide details until closer the time.

Regards,

ASK Hasbro

Thanks for looking into it for me Hasbro.

BC3