PDA

View Full Version : Cancelled Unleashed Worldwide

Val Da Car
09-03-2005, 11:27 AM
Mousedroid.com has the SCOOPAGE!!!

Apparently the Final wave of Unleashed has been cancelled Worldwide.

This sucks but lets me buy more 3 3/4"

http://www.mousedroid.com

http://www.mousedroid.com/news/image/no-shocktrooper.jpg

http://www.mousedroid.com/news/image/no-hanstormtrooper.jpg

Slicker
09-03-2005, 11:56 AM
It figures. The only Unleashed figure I was looking forward to (Han Stormtrooper) gets cancelled. Go to hell Hasbro.

BlueSnags
09-03-2005, 02:19 PM
Those dumb asses had better make those figures a starwarsshop.com or an entertainment earth exclusive. I know alot of people who were looking forward to these.

Ah well, at least we can look forward to plenty of 2" Unleashed Battle Packs warming the shelves nationwide. :rolleyes: Way to go, HasBLOW!

-Snags

Kidhuman
09-03-2005, 09:13 PM
Damn you Hasbro, I wanted that Han in Stormie unleashed.

Rocketboy
09-03-2005, 10:25 PM
Hey Hasbro, you know that ball you had?
Well you dropped it back there.

bobafrett
09-03-2005, 11:10 PM
Yes, pick up the friggin ball, and we will forgive you, otherwise I will be very upset, just like I am with the Chicago Cubs this year.

Val Da Car
09-03-2005, 11:12 PM
For me I am also sad that the line went out on a whimper with a slightly retooled vader, Asajj and the nicely done Emperor and Yoda....

maybe it is a rumor or a way to make the set an Exclusive for someone during the Holidays.

BlueSnags
09-03-2005, 11:19 PM
I'd think these almost have to show up as an exclusive. They are rehashes for the most part (cheap to produce). Maybe Entertainment Earth could pick them up.

darth cynik
09-04-2005, 02:05 AM
ARGH!!!!!!! :frus:

I wanted the that Shock Trooper and Wookie!!!!

the site says they weren't produced at all, so it seems unlikely anyone will get them as exclusives.

This SUCKS!

Stuff it, Hasbro, this is just plain cruel.

:upset:

abell748
09-04-2005, 08:07 AM
I really finally get into the line because I wanted the Han Stormie and the Shock Trooper and Hasbro does this. No wonder the line died with the way they handled it. Dear Bobafrett, I am not sure which is worse, the fact that Hasbro did this or the fact I already have to start looking forward to the 2006 season on the Northside (because this year, I'll be happy if they finish at .500).

InsaneJediGirl
09-04-2005, 11:50 AM
Nooo! When the line was going to go out with a bang,and we would at least get some good figures,it ends. I was looking forward to buying the Wookie and Shocktrooper,but not now I guess. Those 2" "Unleashed" are just stupid pegwarmers.Biggest mistake of the year for Hasbro in my opinon.

On the somewhat upside,at least I'll have extra money for whatever EU character wins in the Sideshow 12" poll.

Turbowars
09-04-2005, 11:54 AM
I posted this on another thread.

thats bad news about the Unleashed, but it another way it's a relief. Don't get me wrong I love (should I say loved) the Unleashed line as we know it, but it was just a rehashed set. I only wanted the Shock Trooper anyways and overall I'll save 120 bucks.:thumbsup:

JimJamBonds
09-04-2005, 03:55 PM
Wasn't the line going to die after this newest release anyway? So I guess it shouldn't be too big of a shocker then, although it still sucks.

Turbowars
09-04-2005, 06:22 PM
Yeah the Shock Tropper was the last until it went on hiatus. I hope the 2" line bombs big time. I'm telling you Hasbro, you better start listening to us a bit more.

Oh and BTW you SUCK hasbro!

bobafrett
09-04-2005, 09:09 PM
I really finally get into the line because I wanted the Han Stormie and the Shock Trooper and Hasbro does this. No wonder the line died with the way they handled it. Dear Bobafrett, I am not sure which is worse, the fact that Hasbro did this or the fact I already have to start looking forward to the 2006 season on the Northside (because this year, I'll be happy if they finish at .500).

I hear that, and I agree. But the Cubs will be back next year, the Unleashed might not. I thought I had read somewhere that they were going to put off the larger Unleashed figures and release the smaller ones, and that the larger ones would return, they were just merely taking a break. I thought I had read it after some of the Comic Con coverage. Am I wrong?

Turbowars
09-04-2005, 09:31 PM
Am I wrong?That's what hiatus means ;) and no you are not wrong.:thumbsup:

mastermatt24
09-05-2005, 03:40 AM
Figures. Oh well.. i probably wouldnt have found the shock troop anyways. $15 more for me! THaNkS hasbeen! :thumbsup:

Jayspawn
09-06-2005, 09:53 AM
AAAAAaaaahhhhhhh!!!!

I want that Shock Trooper!!! :frus:

Now I'll have NO Episode 3 trooper to go with my Unleashed Stormtrooper and AOTC Clone!

El Chuxter
09-06-2005, 03:17 PM
At the Comic Con breakfast, the rep said the line didn't increase in sales numbers as much as the other lines did this year.

No freakin' crap! You release about 4,875,962 different 3.75" figures, and THREE Unleashed figures? Plus you add a bunch of fairweather johnsons and kids who are going to want the basic figures. There's a big following for Unleashed, and the line didn't grow proportionally because, oh, I don't know, EVERYBODY WHO WANTED THEM WAS ALREADY BUYING THEM!!

Hasbro is really, really p***ing me off. And cancelling the final three is another straw on the camel's back. Is it broken? Maybe not yet, but damn close.

I urge all Unleashed collectors to boycott the 2" line. Let's send those idjits in Rhode Island a message. :mad:

BlueSnags
09-06-2005, 05:50 PM
At the Comic Con breakfast, the rep said the line didn't increase in sales numbers as much as the other lines did this year.

No freakin' crap! You release about 4,875,962 different 3.75" figures, and THREE Unleashed figures? Plus you add a bunch of fairweather johnsons and kids who are going to want the basic figures. There's a big following for Unleashed, and the line didn't grow proportionally because, oh, I don't know, EVERYBODY WHO WANTED THEM WAS ALREADY BUYING THEM!!

Hasbro is really, really p***ing me off. And cancelling the final three is another straw on the camel's back. Is it broken? Maybe not yet, but damn close.

I urge all Unleashed collectors to boycott the 2" line. Let's send those idjits in Rhode Island a message. :mad:

I'm with ya. NO WAY I'm buying any of those 2" pieces of crap. Who wants to start collecting yet ANOTHER line???

Snags

Reefer Shark
09-06-2005, 08:32 PM
I'll definitely pass on the crappy 2" figures.... If I want vending machine toys, I can get 'em for 25 cents to a dollar.

We already have GG's bust ups anyways..... Real slick Hasbro, I have not heard one positive thing about the 2" line from anyone. The fact that it's gonna bomb is a no brainer.

I wanted the shock trooper too, but not the other two rehashes - so no huge loss on the final assortment IMO.:rolleyes:

Turbowars
09-06-2005, 08:37 PM
Since the 2 inch line isn't being well received at this point, I wonder if Hasbro could put their pride away and not release it. Wouldn't that be something? :lipsrseal

Reefer Shark
09-06-2005, 09:33 PM
lol! Or better yet, just pretend it never happened.

Hasbro's response to any questions could be: "what 2 inch line? I Don't know what you're talking about..:lipsrseal"

Slicker
09-07-2005, 11:40 PM
I haven't seen any really high quality pictures of the 2" line that make me wet myself so unless I'm very impressed with these in the stores I think Hasbro is making yet another monumental mistake. Hopefully the Unleashed "hiatus" isn't too long and when they come back I hope that they start with the new cancelled ones first.

BlueSnags
09-08-2005, 03:44 PM
Looks like they aren't cancelled after all, just delayed.

http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/pl/page.news/newsID.360D88AB-D56F-E112-4B485677FE0C7A7A/default.cfm

Snags

El Chuxter
09-08-2005, 05:26 PM
Of special interest:

While the Unleashed 7" line is not being offered to retailers in the spring, there are plans to return the line to retail for Fall 2006 (including the three figures mentioned) alongside the Unleashed 2" Battle Packs.

Sounds like all our, uh, witching and moaning got to them. :) I'll take a long delay for new Unleashed over no Unleashed period any day.

Of course, we should still boycott the 2" line, if for no other reason than that they're really cheap-looking and ugly in person. :p

Slicker
09-08-2005, 07:08 PM
Well, that is some good news about the Unleashed figs. Hopefully they don't under produce them after such a long wait though.

Kidhuman
09-08-2005, 07:29 PM
Dude they are hoping we forget about them by the time fall of 06 comes around. Lets make sure we dont and remond them everyday with emails and posts.

Rocketboy
09-09-2005, 04:08 PM
Of course, we should still boycott the 2" line, if for no other reason than that they're really cheap-looking and ugly in person. :pDone and done.

Val Da Car
09-09-2005, 06:11 PM
I agree.....or better yet I will have to use my Force Battlers Han (in Stormtrooper gear) as a substitute to CRUSH the 2 inch unleashed while I wait for Fall 2006.

This could sound like the 2nd wave of Saga Cantina sets that wm dropped that later became a K Mart special set.

DarthJimli
09-12-2005, 12:39 AM
Dude they are hoping we forget about them by the time fall of 06 comes around. Lets make sure we dont and remond them everyday with emails and posts.

I plan on it!:twisted:

Also, there is no way I will buy the new 2" Unleashed line. That is the dumbest idea ever. Don't they pay attention to other manufacturers? The Lord of the Rings AOME line was canceled just recently because it didn't sell very well.

Besides, Hasbro already has a good small scale figure line. Galactic Heroes! At least it's unique!

darth cynik
09-12-2005, 01:20 AM
We gotta wait almost a year for the Shocktrooper and Wookie!? :upset:

Eh, at least we're going to get them. Thanks, Hasbro, the least you could do! :thumbsup:

sweeeet

SirSteve
09-14-2005, 06:06 PM
Looks like they aren't cancelled after all, just delayed.

http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/pl/page.news/newsID.360D88AB-D56F-E112-4B485677FE0C7A7A/default.cfm

Snags

These is why we don't post rumors... ;)

Val Da Car
09-14-2005, 07:41 PM
yes Sir.

next time I hope to be clearer with the tagline of ***RUMOR*** in my Threads.

Turbowars
09-14-2005, 10:01 PM
These is why we don't post rumors... ;)Yeah, but where's the fun in that?:sad:

Kidhuman
09-15-2005, 12:11 AM
These is why we don't post rumors... ;)

Hence no link to CNN... :beard:

SirSteve
09-19-2005, 11:46 AM
Our research has shown that the majority of our users want facts and not rumors so that is what we provide.

Kidhuman
09-23-2005, 11:59 PM
I appreciate the facts and not rumors. I dont like getting excited over something that will not happen

Turbowars
09-24-2005, 09:02 PM
You :kiss: @ss you. :D Yeah I like facts as well, but I like to hear whats floating around too. Is that sooo wrong?:Ponder:

Kidhuman
09-24-2005, 09:24 PM
You :kiss: @ss you. :D Yeah I like facts as well, but I like to hear whats floating around too. Is that sooo wrong?:Ponder:

If its what you like then no, nothing wrong with it

BTW a comet is headed for L.A. Its on CNN

Turbowars
09-24-2005, 09:29 PM
Oh crap here it com----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- :hurt:

DravenUnleashed
10-14-2005, 02:03 AM
What am I missing? The link he posted looks fine to me. Especially since Toyfare 100 has a little blurb saying that the line will be back in Spring of 06 (like the above link says)

Turbowars
10-14-2005, 07:17 PM
Don't bother to reason with the MAN.

sith_killer_99
10-14-2005, 08:37 PM
Yeah I like facts as well, but I like to hear whats floating around too.

Hehehe

Do you want to hear the facts about something that I have floating around.

LOL, I'm sorry, I just couldn't resist.:lipsrseal

Turbowars
10-14-2005, 08:40 PM
You better be sorry Mr.!

Phantom-like Menace
10-16-2005, 03:02 AM
Hehehe

Do you want to hear the facts about something that I have floating around.

LOL, I'm sorry, I just couldn't resist.:lipsrseal

I don't know, if a polished gentleman in polite society missed that opportunity, I'd think him a fool.

Turbowars
11-03-2005, 10:48 PM
So RS just posted that the full size Unleashed line will be back by March 06 and will be released along side the new 2" versions. They also said that the 2" sets will come with ships. There's a Hoth set that a Snowspeeder, Probe Droid and Rebel trooper will be packed in.

I just hope Hasbro picks some better characters from the Full size line and that they continue with the awesome artwork.

JimJamBonds
11-04-2005, 01:23 AM
So RS just posted that the full size Unleashed line will be back by March 06 and will be released along side the new 2" versions. They also said that the 2" sets will come with ships. There's a Hoth set that a Snowspeeder, Probe Droid and Rebel trooper will be packed in.

I just hope Hasbro picks some better characters from the Full size line and that they continue with the awesome artwork.

Thats not even all that long of a 'time out', I figured it was going to be much later in '06 if even at all next year. Thanks for the good news TW. :thumbsup:

figrin bran
11-04-2005, 01:30 AM
haha, hasbro listens to the collectors! (or so we would like to think, wouldn't we? :p )

BountyHunterScum
11-17-2005, 01:37 AM
Actually the full sized Unleashed are on for Fall 2006. If this has been said before my mistake.

Turbowars
11-17-2005, 06:53 PM
Actually the full sized Unleashed are on for Fall 2006. If this has been said before my mistake.Where does it say that?

BlueSnags
11-17-2005, 08:41 PM
Glad I ordered the whole Unleashed case from EE. Definitely going to want two Shocktroopers after seeing the packaged version. Sweet!

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2005/UNL06clone1.jpg

Here's the other ones, even Chewie looks pretty good...

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2005/UNL06chewie1.jpg

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2005/UNL06hanstorm1.jpg

Turbowars
11-17-2005, 08:46 PM
Looks like Hasbro didn't get the Helmet right on the Shock trooper. I don't know why they are having problems at this scale. I thing they all look better in the package. The artwork is fantastic!