PDA

View Full Version : Rocketboy's new avatar kicks ***!!!

JediTricks
09-04-2005, 11:40 PM
Oh man, I just saw Rocketboy's newest avatar on the Tycho thread (yes, Tycho is back... run and hide ;)), and I had to give RB massive props for such a funny 'tar. I dunno if he made it or not, but it's fantastic none the less and I just wish I had thought of it first. I attached it to this post for all to see throughout the ages.

GOOD ONE ROCKETBOY!! :thumbsup:

Rocketboy
09-04-2005, 11:59 PM
:D
Thank you, but no I didn't make it. I scanned it form the new issue of Toyfare and cleaned it up a bit.
Spidey and Hulk go see Revenge of the Sith in "Twisted Mego Theater."
Order 66 is hilarious. Artoo's fight with the Battle Droid is really good too.
Read it next time you're at the store.

Kidhuman
09-05-2005, 12:50 AM
It is pretty damn funny.

JediTricks
09-05-2005, 01:00 AM
I haven't read a ToyFare in years, I used to buy 'em but stopped when things got a little thin in the content dept. I'll track down a polybagless copy next time I'm out though, but honestly your 'tar is likely the part I'll find the most entertaining (I mean, they didn't really have to change that dopey Mace figure much, now did they? :p)

Slicker
09-05-2005, 01:04 AM
I'm the same way with ToyFare JT. I have every issue up until early last year. The magazine just stopped being gut busting funny. I likely will pick up the issue to read at home as it sounds like it may be a good issue.

2-1B
09-05-2005, 04:48 AM
I saw that avatar before I read the new Toyfare and I had it pegged immediately as being from Toyfare, the font of "The End" was a dead giveaway as being from Twisted Theater.

And on the subject of that, I did just read it and I thought it sucked. I usually skip that section because it's sucked for years but of course being Sith I had to read it and it was not good. Took some of the cheapest and most predictable shots at the film so it wasn't even funny. Lame, lame, lame, lame, lame.

In fact I'm thinking of finally cancelling my subscription over this very issue. I have every issue from the beginning, going back to the 1996 and 1997 seasonal issues (before they started with AT-AT #1) and while the magazine has been downgraded in my eyes for a few years now (many people on SSG gave up on it years ago while I still held on), well this issue might be the one that did it for me permanently. We'll see.