PDA

View Full Version : Battlefronts II Site Is Up!!

Slicker
09-05-2005, 07:18 AM
Here's the link Battlefronts II (http://www.lucasarts.com/games/swbattlefrontii/indexFlash.html#Gallery.Screenshots.PS2)

From the screenshots the only words I have are holy f%$king s@*t. The graphics are amazing and there seems to be so much playability with this one. There making up where Battlefronts lacked. I can't wait.

Rocketboy
09-05-2005, 01:01 PM
There making up where Battlefronts lacked. I can't wait.
So that means in every way, shape, and form?
:)

It does look pretty good though, but I'm not holding my breath.

kool-aid killer
09-05-2005, 03:38 PM
Sweet! I cant wait for it to hit. Battlefront is the only game i play right now so im really looking forward to this one. I may not be able to get it on the first day but im going to get it fairly soon once its come out.

Blackened88
09-12-2005, 11:12 PM
Same here Kool-aid, this is like the only game ive played this past year, I can't get enough. Does anyone know if there is gonna be another fig with the reserve of the game this year, has anyone confirmed the Special Ops Trooper to be the special fig that comes with the game when you reserve it?

Kidhuman
09-13-2005, 09:29 AM
There were no promos in store, but if you ordered from SWS.com I believe you got a free shirt.

JetsAndHeels
09-13-2005, 10:40 PM
Not a single in store promo.
Got some stuff to put up in the store though, looks nice!!

Kidhuman
09-14-2005, 12:53 AM
Hey Heelz, think you can hook me up with some of the stuff when it is over? The displays and all?

JetsAndHeels
09-14-2005, 11:22 AM
KH, I will make sure to call "dibs" on it as soon as it arrives!!

:yes:

Rogue II
09-14-2005, 11:58 AM
I'll have DSL internet by the time this game comes out. Because of that, I haven't really played any online games. Will there a way we can all hook up and play together?

Kidhuman
09-14-2005, 12:30 PM
KH, I will make sure to call "dibs" on it as soon as it arrives!!

:yes:

Yo da man JF. :beard: to you.

Captain Spoon
09-14-2005, 01:07 PM
Has anyone heard of a pre-order promo for this, like another figure or something? Either way this game is going to provide hours of drunk'n gungan blasting FUN!!!

Kidhuman
09-14-2005, 03:00 PM
No promos as stated on prior page

Rocketboy
09-14-2005, 10:01 PM
I'll have DSL internet by the time this game comes out. Because of that, I haven't really played any online games. Will there a way we can all hook up and play together?I'm down...if:
A) This one will actually connect. I could never connect with the first one for some reason.
B) 2 isn't as bad as 1 is online (Well, from what I heard).

Slicker
09-15-2005, 02:48 AM
The first one was a bag of ***** when you tried to play on the internet. I tried only once and it just sucked. It was the exact same game only with people controlling everyone. I had people on my own "team" that thought they'd be funny and kill there own teammates. It just wasn't fun.

kool-aid killer
09-15-2005, 01:56 PM
That would suck. I dont play online because with my luck i would get stuck playing against some hardcore gamer dork who spends every waking hour mastering the game. I prefer to just team up with someone and go at it.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-16-2005, 07:26 PM
I love the first one and can't wait to get the second one. Not many new video games pique my interest, but this one definitely does (and I love the Harry Potter games, so I'll get GOF when it comes out too). The official site isn't working for me; does anyone know which environments and playable characters there will be?

Rogue II
09-23-2005, 06:07 PM
Did anyone catch the chat with the developers of Battlefront 2? I think it was on gamespy or ign. I missed it, but if I find the transcipt, I'll post it.

Slicker
09-30-2005, 03:40 AM
I saw a trailer for the game on MTV today (I was watching My Super Sweet 16 you wanna fight about it) and it looks freakin' sweet. I can't wait to get this. I may skip on getting ROTS for a couple of weeks to buy this since I already have a copy of ROTS.

Hellboy
10-01-2005, 04:51 PM
After watching the new trailer for this game it's looking like it could end up being the best SW game ever. If you haven't seen the new trailer follow the link and check it out, well worth your time. :yes:

http://www.lucasarts.com/games/swbattlefrontii/indexFlash.html#Home

The 'Xir
10-03-2005, 06:49 PM
Don't know if this is old news or not, but one cool new feature I heard about, is that there won't be a ceiling in the gameplay, like the first one! You know how, if you got into an X-wing or Tie fighter, if you flew upwards you could only go so high and you'd knida bounce off the..."ceiling". That won't happen now! There are still boundaries within the gameplay obviously, however they are pretty expansive so you'd have to travel a great distance in order to reach them! I'm guessing the space combats will play a little bit like Starfighter. :)

Blackened88
10-03-2005, 11:22 PM
Interesting, that did annoy me when I would be a Jetpacker and I'd hit a ceiling like on Mos Eisley, and Harbor of Rhen Var.

General_Grievous
10-12-2005, 04:28 PM
So has anyone played the demo yet? This month they come on discs bundled with either Official Playstation Magazine or XBOX Magazine. You can play two levels, Battle over Coruscant and Utapau. They both kick ***, but I find two things wrong with it.

1. The levels for the demo version are timed. I doubt they'll be timed on the actual game, but it's still a pain in the *** to try and finish a whole expansive level within only 2 or 3 minutes. Like I said before, I don't think the levels on the game will be timed like this.

and

2. On the Utapau level, once you capture 2 bases, the screen will prompt you with a message "Would you like to play as Obi-Wan Kenobi?" After you choose yes, you're free to play as Obi-Wan until he dies. Then it says "General Kenobi has left the battlefield" and you can't play as him again unless you restart the level. It ticked me off, just as I was getting used to the lightsaber controls a pack of Super Battle Droids turned me into fried corpse.

Other than that, I love it. The soundtrack is even better than the first one, you get to fight General Grievous, the Battle over Coruscant looks like it's right out of the movie, and you get to fly ARCs, V-Wings, and the Jedi Starfighters. This very well might be the best Star Wars game ever.

Slicker
10-14-2005, 12:28 PM
The Battlefronts II site has been updated with tons of different screencaps. This game is looking better all the time.

Link. (http://www.lucasarts.com/games/swbattlefrontii/indexFlash.html#Ep3Widget)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-22-2005, 01:13 PM
http://starwars.com/gaming/videogames/news/f20051021/index.html

Sweet God, this game just keeps getting better! Not only are there objectives where all you do is kill Gungans and Ewoks, but you can play as an Ewok too! Also, that "street gang" feature sounds awesome. I can't wait for this game!

Slicker
10-22-2005, 02:04 PM
This game is a definite first day buy for me. That's something that I rarely do and haven't done since I believe GTA: SA.

plasticfetish
10-22-2005, 11:31 PM
We played the game at the press junket.

I'll admit, I hadn't played much of Battlefront 1 (haven't had much time, what time I'd had has gone to KOTOR 2, and I'm not much of an online gamer.) But, after fiddling with BF2 at the junket two weeks ago, I had to go out and get BF1 and play the h*** out of it so that we'd be ready come Nov. 1st.

:)

The space battle stuff is great. Being able to land on the deck of a ship and then get out and fight is a lot of fun. From what I can remember it's all just the same... but more!

One thing, I played the PSP version for a bit, and it's cool. I haven't seen a game yet that would convince me to buy a PSP, but Battlefront 2 is pretty close to doing it.

mastermatt24
10-23-2005, 12:07 AM
Sounds good- but some of the graphics like the grass bother me. Im gonna have to wait a long time before this comes out on mac.. :tired: They know this is going to be a major hit- soI I dont understand why the dont realease them simotaneoulsy. :sad:

plasticfetish
11-01-2005, 09:30 PM
...taking a break from playing.

I'm liking a lot of things about this game that seem improved -- like POV when you're in an AT-TE or an AAT. (It's much nicer having that view from above.)

At the same time, I'm not sure that I like how small you're "mini-map" is. Just seems too... mini.

We're still getting used to a lot of it. Playing characters like Boba Fett, Maul, Grievous, The Emperor, etc. is great, but I tend to die before I really get a feel for them.

Back to it...

Deoxyribonucleic
11-01-2005, 11:21 PM
Can't wait to get this game. They had it up and playing at Comic Con and it looks fantastic. I ordered mine from Lucas Arts so I could get the free t-shirt and it should be at my home by the time I get back from vacation. Good to hear you are enjoying it PF! :thumbsup:

p.s my town just ain't right knowing that you aren't around anymore. :sleeping:

plasticfetish
11-02-2005, 01:55 AM
Free T-shirt!?! Awww man... I would have gone for that.

(I think I'm gonna be back in town for a bit around the holidays... like Frosty. We should hang out.)

kool-aid killer
11-02-2005, 01:25 PM
Im hoping my sister will sell me her Xbox so i can pick this game up sometime soon. Either that or wait until my brother gets it for Christmas. So how is it controlling a ship? I couldnt stand flying in the first one so im a bit worried about how it works now. Im hoping its as easy as the Rogue Squadron games have been to operate.

JON9000
11-02-2005, 03:42 PM
I got the game along with EpIII. It is a major improvement on the original, the gameplay is better, especially regarding ship controls (although that is still not as fun as ground combat- targeting is clunky). This is a blast.

plasticfetish
11-02-2005, 09:02 PM
Im hoping my sister will sell me her Xbox so i can pick this game up sometime soon.Your sister will need to buy an Xbox 360 ;) and then she should just GIVE you her old system for Christmas. (By then maybe the game will go down a few bucks also.)

jonthejedi
11-03-2005, 05:53 AM
I'm playing the 501st levels...Tem. Morrison's log diaries are awesome. The Space Kashyyyk level kicked my butt, but once I got past it, the beachhead part is wicked cool. Definitely improved enemy A.I.

Slicker
11-03-2005, 11:32 PM
I bought this game instead of ROTS and I must say that this game is f**king amazing!! The gameplay is much improved with actual goals in the level other than just taking over enemy territory. The flying is alright and is a diversion from the ground fighting. The Jedi option is the best addition to game.

mabudonicus
11-05-2005, 11:17 AM
So far I'm digging it.... is it just me or is the scrolling in 2-player mode a bit less smooth than in the first game???

I'm having a bit of trouble getting used to some of the changes from the first one, but I like what I see so far, the Galactic Conquest is much more complex and interesting than in the first one, to be sure...

Can't wait to unlock more of the darn thing, hopefully it'll be harder than the first one was to completely dominate (oh and Rocketboy, the game does indeed suggest you can "dominate" in the copy on the back of the case, maybe you actually will like this one :beard: )

General_Grievous
11-06-2005, 02:49 PM
I just finished the 501st missions. Man, is it just me or is Yavin 4 a b*tch to beat with the 501st? It took me about 10 tries to beat it. However, there are still a few things the game could use. For example, to be able to play as Padme or Kit Fisto (he's on the cover, why isn't he in the game?). And there are a handful of movie environments that haven't been done yet, like the Theed Hangar/Generator Room, the Geonosian Arena, the Invisible Hand, and the Death Star battles (because some of us don't have a Gamecube so we can't play the Rogue Squadron games). But it's still one of the best Star Wars games ever.

Slicker
11-07-2005, 03:18 AM
I myself just finished with the 501st missions the other day and my pain in the arse was the damn Tantive IV. It took me at least an hour to beat it and when I finally did I totally dominated the level. I'm just getting into the Galactic Conquest portion of it and I'm liking it lots better than the first one. The space battles are different but they get very repetitive.

Rogue II
11-07-2005, 12:09 PM
I'm a little dissapointed they left out the Bespin levels from the first game. Actually, I have yet to play all the levels in this one.

Yesterday, I finished the Rebel Galactic Conquest. It was much easier once I figured out how to purchase bonus and advanced units.

jonthejedi
11-08-2005, 04:16 PM
Slicker, I was just about to leave a post re: 501st Tantive IV level...when I saw yours. Man, how did you do it? Even as Lord Vader, I get as far as looking for Leia(I'm guessing the last part of this level), and Rebel Fleet troopers are coming out of the woodwork at me...and I have no men left. What's the secret??!!?? I love this game by the way!

Slicker
11-17-2005, 03:57 PM
I was chattin' with Mabs today and he told me of the instant action level where you play in Jabba's Palace (as part of my OCD I'm playing the scenarios in order and I'm only up to the Republic Galactic Conquest. It's sad I know but I can't do it any other way) so I decided to play it (I totally went against my own code) and I like how the level is set up. I tried and tried to kill the Rancor but I'm gonna have to label him unbeatable.

Slicker, I was just about to leave a post re: 501st Tantive IV level...when I saw yours. Man, how did you do it? Even as Lord Vader, I get as far as looking for Leia(I'm guessing the last part of this level), and Rebel Fleet troopers are coming out of the woodwork at me...and I have no men left. What's the secret??!!?? I love this game by the way!I don't quite know if there's a secret. I just kept playing and playing. I was having the exact same problem you are. I'd beat all of the other objectives then get to the finding Leia part and get murderized.

*HINT*

*Well kinda*

I'm pretty sure Leia is in one of the doorways in the very first hallway you see when the door gets blasted open.

*END OF HINT*

Deoxyribonucleic
11-18-2005, 01:52 AM
this hint is correct...I just beat it tonight right before I logged on to SSG. The first time I did it, I was running all over timbucktoo, fragging rebels everywhere and I was the only one left, all of my reinforcements were gone and I got overcome by the rebels. The second time, right after it said to capture Leia, I died, came out in the "HINT" part and got extremely lucky. Boy I hated blasting her though, she's my all time favorite character. :cry:

I am really digging this game, I can't get enough! But I too wish they would have put the bespin levels in...the carbon freezing chamber would look SO amazing in this game!

Rogue II
11-18-2005, 11:07 AM
I got past the Tantive IV on my second or third try. Now, the rebels on the Yavin 4 level are kickin' my butt. Lord Vader is pretty ticked off at me...well, that's what the voice in the game says.

Deoxyribonucleic
11-18-2005, 01:23 PM
I got past the Tantive IV on my second or third try. Now, the rebels on the Yavin 4 level are kickin' my butt. Lord Vader is pretty ticked off at me...well, that's what the voice in the game says.

Well look at you with those bulging eyes and prepubescent goatee. If I were lord vader, I'd be ticked off at you too! ;)

I tried Yavin twice last night and got my butt kicked too, I gave up for now and went to bed, but today is a new day and I'm gonna work on it. I also tried the space fight above yavin and almost made it but couldn't get all of the engines blown up in time :( so I have to try that again too.

Slicker
11-18-2005, 03:11 PM
I wouldn't worry about losing your first space battle, Ox. Once you beat the first or second one you probably won't lost another one. They get so repetitive that you dread playing them so much that you try to get through it as fast as possible.

Rogue II
11-18-2005, 11:54 PM
Well look at you with those bulging eyes and prepubescent goatee. If I were lord vader, I'd be ticked off at you too! ;)

You're staring at my monkey again, aren't you?:lipsrseal

I played the Jabba's palace level last night. It seems to be the same level that was in the patch for the PC version of the original SW Battlefronts.

Maybe Lucas the makers will make the Bespin levels downloadable.

Deoxyribonucleic
11-19-2005, 04:10 AM
You're staring at my monkey again, aren't you?:lipsrseal

I played the Jabba's palace level last night. It seems to be the same level that was in the patch for the PC version of the original SW Battlefronts.

Maybe Lucas the makers will make the Bespin levels downloadable.

Mmmmm mmmmonkeyyyy :crazed:

I was thinking that same thing about the bespin levels. I really liked those alot, I hope they do make them downloadable. I wish they'd put in that other tatooine level as well, not just Mos Eisely.

Well, off to try to take Yavin 4 for the Empire :frus:

Slicker
11-19-2005, 07:41 AM
I was thinking that same thing about the bespin levels. I really liked those alot, I hope they do make them downloadable. I wish they'd put in that other tatooine level as well, not just Mos Eisely.
I'm with you guys (and gal) on this one. I loved Bespin in the first one purely for it's sniping areas. You could perch up high and DOMINATE!! the entire level. I'm also the same on Tatooine. It's old playing the same level as in BFI. Give me like the Lars' Homestead or something.

Rogue II
11-19-2005, 05:16 PM
I finally got past the Yavin 4 level. Horray for me!

And I just found out how much AT-ATs DOMINATE!!!

Deoxyribonucleic
11-19-2005, 06:35 PM
I'm on my forth try for Hoth...holy crapinola, there's alot of stuff you have to do and millions of lil bas-turd rebels EVERYWHERE! :crazed:

plasticfetish
11-20-2005, 03:13 PM
Have you guys tried playing "assault" mode? All morning I've been watching my son play as a variety of characters -- right now he's hovering around Mos Eisley as the Emperor throwing force lightning at Han Solo. Really fun!!!

Rogue II
11-22-2005, 11:40 AM
Have you guys tried playing "assault" mode? All morning I've been watching my son play as a variety of characters -- right now he's hovering around Mos Eisley as the Emperor throwing force lightning at Han Solo. Really fun!!!

Thanks for pointing that mode out.:thumbsup: After I finished off the 501st missions, I used Han Solo. He has a decent blaster, and the remote-bomb. It was fun zapping Grevious in the head, and when he charged towards me, blowing him into the air with the bomb I planted.lol

Kidhuman
11-25-2005, 02:09 PM
I hadnt bought the game until today becuase my PS2 is not reading games. A friend at work can fix it so I will give it to him and then play this game mucho.

Slicker
11-26-2005, 01:01 AM
I hadnt bought the game until today becuase my PS2 is not reading games. Well, of course it can't read em'. It doesn't have eyes. Duh!!!

Rogue II
11-26-2005, 12:37 PM
I hadnt bought the game until today becuase my PS2 is not reading games. A friend at work can fix it so I will give it to him and then play this game mucho.

If you are getting the dreaded Disk Read Error, you can call the Sony 1-800 number. After they ask you a few questions, they will give you instructions to send it to San Diego, where they will fix it and send it back. I had to do it twice with my old PS2. Turn around is about 4 weeks, the only cost is shipping it from you to San Diego.

After I got my PS2 back the 2nd time, I traded it in and bought one of the new thin PS2s.

Kidhuman
11-26-2005, 11:27 PM
Thanks Rogue II, butr turn around on my friend fixing it is tomorrow and shipping is free since we work together. He has fixed his and a few others already that have had the same issue. And anyway, the warranty is voided since he has already removed the sticker on it.

Lord Malakite
11-27-2005, 01:12 AM
Just a heads up, yakface's website (http://www.yakface.com) is reporting that a recent K-Mart flyer released for this weekend is advertising the Battle Front II game for $12.99 (an obvious error on their part). What is good though is that K-Mart is actually honoring the mistake price at most of their stores and stores like Wal-Mart which do price matching are also honoring the deal. Just be certain to find and bring a copy of the flyer to present to either K-Mart or one of these price matching stores if you want to take part in this generously good deal.

Kidhuman
11-27-2005, 01:06 PM
The sale ended on Saturday morning, it was only between certain times, so you cant get it for that price anymore.

Kidhuman
12-02-2005, 07:23 AM
Well after playing this game for a few days, I have likes and dislikes about it.

I love playing as the Jedi and other characters, its pretty damn slick. I love the new Galactic Conquest mode of the game also. I just hate the flying parts of games. If it was fly and destroy it would be ok, but you have to fight other stuff and its damn annoying to me. I always hated flying games. I also dont like the fact that they took out the control of your command. I like in BF1 that you could command the squad to do certain things.

The new worlds are great, the only downside is that the grass is too high on some worlds and its hard to see the enemy. There is lots of action in the game. The fact that you have to buy bonuses and recruit troops is good. The locked characters is great to. The medals are a nice added touch as well

Overall I would rate it a B

JON9000
12-13-2005, 07:02 PM
I love playing as the Jedi and other characters, its pretty damn slick. I love the new Galactic Conquest mode of the game also. I just hate the flying parts of games. If it was fly and destroy it would be ok, but you have to fight other stuff and its damn annoying to me. I always hated flying games.

If you just grab a bomber and lean on R3, it will get you over to the enemy frigates and the main ship fairly quickly. BTW, destroying the two escort ships in one life will earn you a War Hero medal, whihc will allow you to pile them up. Also, I think you can destroy most of the main ship's systems from inside (but you will want to recruit the Marine for this). This strategy will take most of the flying out of the game for you, which may make it more interesting. I don't find it fun to simply circle around a capital ship's resources and strafe it.

I also dont like the fact that they took out the control of your command. I like in BF1 that you could command the squad to do certain things.

You can actually do this, I found out recently, but there are only two commands, follow and disperse. You apparently have to look at the nearby troops and make the command. I'm not sure whether you have to use the commander class to do this, but it would make sense. Good luck and MTFBWY.

Kidhuman
12-14-2005, 01:39 AM
Yeah, I have gotten the flying down somewhat and beat the Galactric Conquest part fairly easy. Polis Massa was the pain for me to beat. I didnt know you had ot look at the troops to command them but will give it a shot.

Kidhuman
12-16-2005, 01:07 AM
Sorry for the double post but edit is gone. I got the control of the crew now, but I think its stupid how they have to be in your sight.
And you can go into the enemies ships and disable the shields and engines that way.

Hellboy
12-16-2005, 05:01 PM
I've enjoyed this game but it tends to get a bit repetitive and it's over rather quickly as I was able to finish everything in the span of a weekend.

You can pretty much rip through the Galctic Conquest mode without losing a battle and if you want you can avoid most if not all of the space combat by traveling around the opposition's fleet. I think the achievements and overall completion interface could have been organized better too and I was less than impressed with some of the new environments like Felucia and the complete omission of Bespin.

On the plus side its nice that you're able to fully customize your controller and the ability to play as the hero/villain is a great addition.

JON9000
12-16-2005, 05:04 PM
that really is the way to do it, especially for the shields. Simply making passes and plugging away outside the ship takes forever. Using the timebomb inside is much faster. Also, blowing up enemy pilots and turrets with your pistol will get you lots of Gunslinger medals, which eventually gives you the award pistol.

I usually rack up moost of my medals on Space Missions. I get War Hero by blowing up the frigates, then usually a couple of Gunslingers on top of that. BTW, if you use a transport to get into the enemy hanger, you can spawn from there.

Kidhuman
12-16-2005, 07:00 PM
I didnt know you could spawn in the enemies hangar.

Hellboy, I completely agree about Bespin. That was my favorite board in BF1. The medal thing is ok, I have countless endurance medals as well, like 300 more than any other.

Slicker
12-17-2005, 02:15 AM
I too am in agreeance about Bespin. That was a snipers leve to the utmost. I'd play that level repeatedly just to snipe the hell out of people.

As for destroying the ship from the inside out, I have a hell of a time so I just go for the shields and such externally. I always get killed almost immediately after exiting the transport ship.

CaptainSolo1138
12-19-2005, 09:38 AM
I FINALLY got BF2 for my birthday. What an awesome game. I can't wait to see all the extra stuff in it once I get past the 501st portion of the game. So far I've put 3-4 hours into it and I've managed to get as far as Polis Massa.

Some thoughts:
*The space missions are cool, but the flying is complicated and the targeting is a royal pain. The whole thing just feels awkward.

*There are alot more EU-type levels in this one. It seems to me that most of the levels in the first BF were taken pretty much from the movie.

*Akin to my previous point, the missions are a bit more EU as well. Killing a rogue Geonosian producing a new Battledroid?

*I HATE KAMINO!!! Damn those gatling gun ARC troopers!!!

*I love the extra little side missions. It's more fun than just capturing one control point after another.

Has anyone ventured to play it online yet? Was the lag issue from the first one handeled as promised or is it still moving a 1/4 frame per second?

Finally, I should have waited til later to post this. It sounds super fun, but it's hardly 10:00 am and I can't go home and play for another seven hours!!!:D

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-19-2005, 06:41 PM
I can't remember if I posted here, but I'm too damn lazy to find out.

I love this game!!!!! It totally beats the original. Galactic Conquest as the Empire is oddly hard for me, but I'll beat it eventually.

JON9000
12-20-2005, 05:04 PM
I didnt know you could spawn in the enemies hangar. Your teammates will spawn there as well, giving you back up inside the ship.

Hellboy, I completely agree about Bespin. That was my favorite board in BF1. I liked Bespin as well, but I think Kamino is pretty similar, minus the flying. I really liked Rhen Vaar as well, but I will gladly trade both for the all new boards we have now.

The medal thing is ok, I have countless endurance medals as well, like 300 more than any other. Endurance, Guardian and War Hero are all tied to the same stat, and you achieve them in that order. You'll know you have War Hero because you will have red lightening coming off of you. It really gets nasty if you are able to get Gunslinger (6 pistol kills = Han Pistol) or Frenzy (12 rifle kills = Boba Fett Rifle) combined with War Hero. You become a bad arse. This scenario occurs pretty regularly with the rifle, because once you have 12 kills, you are pretty close to War Hero anyway.

I haven't played online, because I am having trouble hooking up my PS2, but I would love some human competition. I wipe the fllor against the computer even with reticle and target assist off. I think it is actually easier.

Hellboy
12-20-2005, 09:49 PM
Good news. This was in the new LucasArts Insider.

Star Wars Battlefront™ II Bonus Content and Downloadable Expansion
Just in time for holiday play, LucasArts is giving away a new downloadable level for the Xbox version of Star Wars Battlefront II. Now available through Xbox Live, the newly added Assault mode on Kashyyyk adds another location for the Hero Free-for-All.

But that's only the beginning. This January, an even bigger download will be made available for Battlefront II fans via Xbox Live. For only $4.99, players gain

* two new playable hero characters -- Kit Fisto and Asajj Ventress
* four of their favorite maps from the original Star Wars Battlefront -- Yavin 4: Arena, Bespin: Cloud City, Rhen Var: Harbor and Rhen Var: Citadel
* new gameplay modes for current planets

Click here to find out more.

http://www.swbattlefrontii.com
ESRB Rating "T" for Teen.

CaptainSolo1138
12-21-2005, 11:59 AM
I finally got around to playing online last nite. It's OK, certainley better than the first one. Let me tell you though how surreal it is to play as Darth Maul and get shot by Han Solo in the Cantina while "Jedi Rocks" is playing.:D

JON9000
12-21-2005, 01:39 PM
I finally got around to playing online last nite. It's OK, certainley better than the first one. Let me tell you though how surreal it is to play as Darth Maul and get shot by Han Solo in the Cantina while "Jedi Rocks" is playing.:D
did you play anything other than Mos Eisley Assault? I would expect that to probably be the most boring level. I'm not a fan of the playable hero class in general. It sort of throws the game out of whack IMHO (particularly Yoda on Dagobah), although I realize it was excellent from a marketing standpoint.

CaptainSolo1138
12-21-2005, 01:45 PM
did you play anything other than Mos Eisley Assault? I would expect that to probably be the most boring level.No, that was the only one I played. I was only on for about 15 minutes, though. I may put some more time into it tonite since Mrs. CaptainSolo has to work late.
I'm not a fan of the playable hero class in general. It sort of throws the game out of whack IMHO (particularly Yoda on Dagobah), although I realize it was excellent from a marketing standpoint.I like it. It's a nice change of pace from the trooper button mashing. I don't know how I would have gotten past the Tantive IV Assault without Darth Vader! The funny part about that board is that I got 98 kills with Vader and was DOMINATED by the Rebels, but then on the attempt that I finished it on I only got 51. That game is weird like that.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-16-2006, 05:24 PM
Does anyone have the expansion pack yet? I don't have Xbox Live so I can't, but I really want to.

On Battlefront III, or another expansion, or something, I'd like to see some more Clone Wars locales and characters. I mean, how insanely awesome would it be to play as Kit Fisto underwater on Mon Calamari? Or as Durge on Muunilinst?

Really insanely awesome, I say.

Sentinel18725
01-28-2006, 06:06 PM
Enjoying this game! When taking a troop transport class into the other ships, does anyone else have problems with people getting into it and flying it into the walls? My group that I load up always seems to do this so I can never spawn from the inside. I also have pretty much made it so that I destroy all critical systems from the inside in one life.

I am having trouble earning the demolition medal. Any suggestions on critical hits? I have yet to earn a single one and I am at legandary, elite, or veteran at all other medals.

Slicker
01-28-2006, 06:15 PM
I think when you aim the rocket launcher the reticule will turn into a different shape or color when it's aimed at a critical area. Your best chance would be to try and hit the AT-TE or AT-AT as it takes many hits to take them down.

mabudonicus
01-29-2006, 07:32 AM
Sentinel,
If you want to make a base in the enemy ship. you MUST take an empty transport, if there's even one other troop in there with ya, he'll wreck the ship (I found that hint somewhere's online, but it works)
Critical hits?? You "target" the vehicle, and as Slick says, the reticule will change colour and shape when it is over the critical location (dark rea, and kinda "swirls" sorta)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-29-2006, 12:39 PM
Starwars.com has video and pics from the expansion. Kit Fisto isn't wearing a shirt. :D

DarkArtist
01-29-2006, 04:16 PM
this might be a crazy question but how does one play as Darth Vader. I saw the commericials and the box art and haven't been able to unlick him yet.

Slicker
01-29-2006, 05:07 PM
If you play the regular game you get to use Darth Vader on the Tantive IV level. I think you may also get to use him during the Imperial Galactic Conquest levels but I can't remember.

Kidhuman
01-29-2006, 07:22 PM
You also get him on Hoth. You have to get a certain amount of points to play as a certain character.

Slicker
01-29-2006, 07:27 PM
You also get him on Hoth. You have to get a certain amount of points to play as a certain character.That's right, I forgot about Hoth. I think Vader is the best of the Jedi characters on the game he kicks so much arse and if not for him I think the Tantive IV would be near impossible.

Kidhuman
01-29-2006, 07:30 PM
I think Grievous can make a huge difference. He can hack up so mnay rebels if you can get him to a bse. I turned the tides literally with him. I was down 20, got him, when he died, I was up 70.

Slicker
01-29-2006, 07:53 PM
Strange thing about Grievous is that I have never used him. I must've missed the boards where he was present and I have never gone back and tried using him.

Does he have 4 sabers? And what's his secondary weapon? A blaster?

Kidhuman
01-29-2006, 08:03 PM
I dont know his secondary weapon, never used it, but he does have 4 sabers.

mabudonicus
01-30-2006, 07:46 AM
Pretty sure he has a gun, don't know if the "secondary weapon" is even present since he's SO badarse with his primary one- the four sabres come out in the middle of mashing the attack button, it's pretty damn cool :beard

Rogue II
02-15-2006, 08:34 PM
The patch for the PC version is now available at:

http://support.lucasarts.com/patches/Battlefront2.htm

Here are the changes:

Star Wars Battlefront II

For PC: 1.1 update

Patch Name: BFIIUpdate1_1.exe (Domestic) / BFIIUpdateInt1_1.exe (International)

Platform: PC

Format: CD-ROM

Size: 27 MB (Domestic) / 57.6 MB (International)

Min. Requirements: N/A

Posted: 02/15/06

Installation: This is a self extracting exe. Double-clicking on this file installs the patch.

This update addresses the following:
----------------------------------------------------

NEW CONTENTS AND FEATURES
---------------------------------------------

* Added support in both Singleplayer and Multiplayer for additional maps.
* Added support for the LCD screen on the Logitech G15 Gaming keyboard.
* Added additional server-client functionality to increase the online experience.

RESOLVED ISSUES
---------------------------

* Corrected functionality issues with Droidekas.
* Adjusted the weapon animation speed based on how fast the player is moving.
* Corrected an issue that caused the remote rockets awarded to heavy weapons class soldiers to become invisible.
* Corrected an issue with the sky texture on Geonosis.
* Resolved various stability issues associated with multiple hardware configurations.
* Improved stability for computers using Dual-Core CPUs with NVIDIA GeForce 6 or GeForce 7 graphics cards. Please check the NVIDIA website for future driver updates which may resolve any existing issues.
* Increased stability for both Singleplayer and Multiplayer portions of the game.
* Corrected an issue that caused player icons in the mini-map to disappear.

MULTIPLAYER IMPROVEMENTS
--------------------------

* Increased Multiplayer performance for LAN and Internet games.
* Increased Multiplayer stability for LAN and Internet games.
* Corrected an issue that caused a decrease in network performance when rolling starships in Space maps.
* Increased stability between game sessions and map cycling.
* Reduced the ability for players to SPAM text messages during online play.
* Corrected an issue that caused hero characters to not appear in Multiplayer games.

BALANCING IMPROVEMENTS
--------------------------

* Corrected an issue in Space maps with starships inside of hangars.
* Corrected collision issues with the Ball Mode of Droidekas.

NOTE: Users hosting Star Wars Battlefront PC Dedicated Servers will need to download and install the updated version of the PC Dedicated server software for compatibility with the 1.1 version update.

Yes, there are new levels. I haven't downloaded it yet, so I don't know what they are.

Rogue II
02-16-2006, 10:09 PM
I'd like to correct my previous post...upon further review, the patch "Added support in both Singleplayer and Multiplayer for additional maps" meaning they are not releasing more levels, support to add additional levels from a future level editor.

CaptainSolo1138
02-16-2006, 10:42 PM
Ooooooooooooooooooooooooo, double post. Ooooooooooooooooooooooooo

DarthBrandon
03-08-2006, 02:59 AM
Character's Boards in case anyone is wondering from what I can remember

Bad Guys (Imperial) :

Vader Spots: Dagobah, Endor, Hoth, Tantive 4

Darth Maul:Yavin 4, Tantive 4, Polis Massa, Naboo, Mustafar, Mos Eisley,
Coruscant, Jabba’s Palace

Jango Fett:Felucia, Kamino, Kashyyyk

Count Dooku:Geonosis

General Grievous:Utapau, Dagobah, Mygeeto

Anakin Skywalker:Mustafar

Boba Fett:Felucia, Jabba’s Palace, Kamino, Kashyyyk, Mos Eisley, Mygeeto,
Utapau, Yavin 4

Palpatine/Sidious:Coruscant, Death Star, Naboo, Polis Massa, Death Star

Good Guys (Rebels):

Luke Spots:Coruscant, Death Star, Hoth, Jabba’s Palace, Mygeeto

Leia Organa:Naboo, Polis Massa, Tantive 4

Han Solo:Endor, Kamino, Mos Eisley, Utapau,

Chewbacca:Felucia, Kashyyyk, Yavin 4

Obi-Wan Kenobi:Mustafar, Naboo, Utapau, Death Star, Kamino, Mos Eisley

Mace Windu:Geonosis, Coruscant, Yavin 4

Ki-Adi Mundi:Mygeeto

Aayla Secura:Felucia, Jabba’s Palace

Master Yoda:Dagobah, Kashyyyk, Polis Massa, Tantive IV

There are other spots these characters are found such as the instant action boards, really nice to have good guys verses the bad guys & the jet pack for Boba / Jango /Clones kick A** if used correctly. The space battles are pretty cool & I'm still finding new ways to do things in this game. One of the best so far.

figrin bran
07-02-2006, 07:48 PM
according to this week's target circular, BF II is on sale for $16.77!

mastermatt24
07-02-2006, 09:20 PM
Was there ever any word on a mac version?