PDA

View Full Version : More Clone Battlepacks, please

General_Grievous
09-05-2005, 11:38 AM
There are still a lot of movie clones to crank out, Hasbro, and by making battle packs full of 'em is the easiest way to do it. Here are some ideas that are similar to the Coruscant Battle Pack. I've even included some repaints and repacks, to make these sets more realistic.

Defense of Kashyyyk Battle Pack

Includes:

1x Yoda (ROTS #3 with new head)
1x Wookiee Warrior (new or kitbashed sculpt)
3x Kashyyyk Clone Troopers (camouflaged scout troopers)

Battle on Utapau Battle Pack

Includes:

1x Obi-Wan Kenobi (ROTS #1's body with #55's head)
1x General Grievous (Sneak Preview or Deluxe version)
3x Utapau Clone Troopers (orange)

Mustafar Battle Pack

Includes:

1x Emperor Palpatine (ROTS #12)
1x Burnt Anakin (from ROTS #50)
3x Clone Shock Troopers

What do you guys think? Would you buy them?

ew2seal
09-05-2005, 12:23 PM
sounds like a good deal to me, just will hasbro listen to us army builders

Battle Droid
09-05-2005, 01:12 PM

I'd rather have this carded, and not just a repaint of the scout trooper, they're to different from one another.

Kidhuman
09-05-2005, 11:52 PM
I dont want repacks of figures, just single card them and send cases of them to everywhere.

Devo
09-06-2005, 04:43 PM

Well I object to this. Why kitbash an Obiwan when we have the perfect figure all in one? (well, so I hear - I dont have it yet) Ep III pack-in Obi-wans should be Pilot Obi rehashes. Let there be no more issuing of Obi#1 in full or otherwise.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-06-2005, 04:54 PM
Well I object to this. Why kitbash an Obiwan when we have the perfect figure all in one? (well, so I hear - I dont have it yet) Ep III pack-in Obi-wans should be Pilot Obi rehashes. Let there be no more issuing of Obi#1 in full or otherwise.
Agreed. And there's no need to rerelease other figures (such as Emperor Palpatine) unless they are significantly different or hard to find in the first place. It would be better for everyone if they released five clones in one pack instead of useless other figures. Otherwise, I like your ideas.

General_Grievous
09-06-2005, 05:09 PM
Yes, but Hasbro would do something like that just to get any remaining #1 Obis or #12 Palpatines off their chest. And sometimes they do head swaps to make them look like brand new figures (see the other Battlepacks). That's why I said it would be more realistic if they did that. Besides, when have they ever done a multi-figure pack (since 2003) that didn't include a repack or repaint?

El Chuxter
09-06-2005, 05:20 PM
Why doesn't Hasbro realize that a Battlepack that includes the Naboo Security Officer, a kitbashed Naboo Pilot, Sio Bibble, Acension Gun Padme, and Swimming Jar Jar Binks would literally fly off the shelves?

The moron responsible for the Unleashed fiasco must also be in charge of Battlepacks.

Devo
09-07-2005, 11:22 AM
Fair enough you're keeping your expectations realistic AKA - low. Ideally Hasbro would make definitive figures to begin with (such as Pilot Obi) and produce them to a surplus rather than these useless action featured ones. Pilot Obi as a pack-in would be an incentive for me - #1 Obi is a deterrent at worst and a reluctant 'well if I have to' at best.

jedi master sal
09-08-2005, 10:37 PM

Includes:

Includes:

Mustafar Battle Pack

Includes:

3x Clone Shock Troopers

I'd adjust your battle pack figures to be these (italicized words are the changes):
1x Commander Gree OR White AT-RT driver

1x Obi-Wan Kenobi (ROTS #55 pilot)
1x Lieutenant Fox (this is the clone with the rippled helmet)

Mustafar Battle Pack
1x Burnt Anakin (from ROTS #50) WITH Medical Pod!
3x Clone Shock Troopers
or 2x Shocktroopers and an FX medical droid!

DarkArtist
09-09-2005, 02:28 PM
my pick would be

Commander Bacara - new SA mold:thumbsup:
4 of Bacara's snow troops:thumbsup:
1 new and improved Ki Adi Mundi

Another could be

Assualt on the Tantive IV

2 Rebel Troopers (Saga)
2 Stormtroopers (VOTC)
and either Vader or Antilles

Assualt on Endor

2 Rebel Soliders (Saga)
2 Imperial Scouts (SA)
Romba, Paploo

ROTJLuke
09-10-2005, 09:56 AM
There are still a lot of movie clones to crank out, Hasbro, and by making battle packs full of 'em is the easiest way to do it. Here are some ideas that are similar to the Coruscant Battle Pack. I've even included some repaints and repacks, to make these sets more realistic.

Includes:

Includes:

Mustafar Battle Pack

Includes:

3x Clone Shock Troopers

Def. would buy the bolded. I would just hope they do a new paint app to Ani, to make him look more f**ked up that the initial single card release, but I also agree w/ KH, why cant they just individually package figures and ship them in masses everywhere, so we dont really have to hunt so much anymore as just go to TRU or Target or wherever and get what we want when we want? WHY HASBRO WHY!!! :frus: :frus: :frus:

DarkArtist
09-10-2005, 07:29 PM
I got all excited on Friday night at the local K-Nart when I saw the Temple ASssualt set from the back but was let down and shocked by what was in the front.

The anakin figure was replaced by a TPM Anakin, the clone pilot was still entacted but the three blue clones were replaced by three aotc sneak preview clones ??????????????? I mean I know some of the stock people are not star wars fans but come on, you can tell by the picture on the back that the figures are wrong.:upset: :upset: :upset: :upset:

Kidhuman
09-11-2005, 08:26 AM
Dude I would have raised a fit in the store about that. That is unacceptable. Something so HTF and someone does that s**t to it.

jedi master sal
09-12-2005, 01:43 PM
Unfortunately this is not unheard of though. Recall the blue Snaggletooth from the cantina pack. I'm really not surprised that this has happened with the Battle Pack. In fact, I bet this becomes somewhat of a problem. It's VERY obvious that there is a huge demand for clones, ones of the SA variety to be more specific and Movie accurate (or close to accurate) even more so.

At this point, I'll count myself lucky if I find a Clone Attack on Coruscant BP intact and not with figs swapped out of it. That BP should NEVER had been an exclusive. Nor should the Jedi Temple Assault one either.

Single carded grey clones would have sold well too, I think.

Kidhuman
09-12-2005, 05:14 PM
ANy single carded clone will sell well Sal.

Blackened88
09-12-2005, 10:05 PM
Well said KH, Sal good choices for Kashyyyk and Utapau if they made those I would buy two each of those sets for me. Also for the Kashyyyk I think I would prefer the White AT-RT Drivers, maybe a possible repaint for 54 in the future.

jedi master sal
09-13-2005, 05:14 PM
ANy single carded clone will sell well Sal.

True true.

I'm just tired of the non-movie clones. At least with the all white ones, we can customize them very easily. These shadow clones, green commanders, fuschia twinkle, plaid clones have got to go. (Ha made some of you think on that one huh?) But you see what I mean about the EU paint schemes. Enough already. There's more than enough movie paint schemes to go around and do RIGHT.

I'm still holding out for Cody in 2006 and Utapau clones as well hopefully. Then maybe Kashyyk clones and Mygeeto Clones. Then I'll be satisfied....maybe, ha ha.

-Sal