PDA

View Full Version : Another FBTB preview

moulman
09-05-2005, 04:15 PM
This time its of the TIE interceptor-and this time its in mosaic (i think):

Slicker
09-05-2005, 05:04 PM
Once again they don't give much of a picture. I'm sure tomorrow we'll be able to see it lots better.

Is FBTB sort of an unofficial official SW LEGO site? They always seem to have the early info on SW LEGO.

moulman
09-05-2005, 05:59 PM
They're dedicated just to sw lego

JediTricks
09-06-2005, 03:07 AM
Not mosaic, it's a photoshop filter under "Texture" called "Stained Glass"... and if you hadn't said it was the TIE Interceptor, I wouldn't have known. :D

Mandalorian Candidat
09-06-2005, 08:00 PM
Yeah, you can see the wings on either side. What a bunch of teasers, those FBTB guys.

bobafrett
09-06-2005, 08:59 PM
Sorry if I don't understand but what is FBTB? It sounds like something Tommy Lee gave to Pamela Anderson.

moulman
09-06-2005, 09:15 PM
Sorry if I don't understand but what is FBTB? It sounds like something Tommy Lee gave to Pamela Anderson. FBTB (From Bricks to Bothans), is a website devoted to star wars lego. BF, I think your thinking of Hep. B...

Mandalorian Candidat
09-07-2005, 02:44 PM
In looking at that pic, you can see green lasers coming from the red laser ports, the DS2 is in the upper-left corner with a beam coming from it and two explosions (maybe) on the right side. Jan 2006 can't come soon enough for me.

moulman
09-08-2005, 08:30 PM
Heres a less tiled pic, there should be a clear, unobstructed picture out tommorow.

Ji'dai
09-08-2005, 09:04 PM
Looks like a scaled down version of the UCS TIE Interceptor, which is nice looking ship in it's own right. When I built the newer System X-Wing (Dagobah version), I noticed it shared a lot of similarities with the UCS X-Wing in both architecture and construction.

I always figured it would be easy to make an Interceptor from a Vader TIE, but I never did it.

JediTricks
09-09-2005, 01:34 AM
Looks like a scaled down version of the UCS TIE Interceptor, which is nice looking ship in it's own right. When I built the newer System X-Wing (Dagobah version), I noticed it shared a lot of similarities with the UCS X-Wing in both architecture and construction.

I always figured it would be easy to make an Interceptor from a Vader TIE, but I never did it.
I tried that, it's not, the wings are all wrong in that set. I wonder if they're gonna be using one of the newer wing designs, I never was that satisfied with the wings I tried.

Slicker
09-09-2005, 01:50 AM
It's looking good. From the looks of it it appears to look exactly like a scaled down UCS Interceptor.

bobafrett
09-09-2005, 10:57 PM
FBTB (From Bricks to Bothans), is a website devoted to star wars lego. BF, I think your thinking of Hep. B...

Thanks for the clarification, and I know it was Hep. B, I was just making fun of the initials, because I lacked the knowledge of knowing what those letters stood for.

moulman
09-09-2005, 11:31 PM
Thanks for the clarification, and I know it was Hep. B, I was just making fun of the initials, because I lacked the knowledge of knowing what those letters stood for.] lol, I knew you knew (argh, my enter key isnt working....i hate this)

JediTricks
09-10-2005, 03:12 AM
FBTB has the photo up now. They used that weird ring thing for the outer hub, but other than that I like how they did this one, the wing pieces are good looking even if the overall wing design is a bit too bulky, and I like the piece in the middle of each wing at the front. Not exactly a huge shocker surprise, but decent none the less.

Slicker
09-10-2005, 11:42 AM
I like it. Like JT said it's pretty much what I expected it to be but that's a good thing since they could've really done this one bad.

Here's a link to the picture. Click me. (http://fbtb.net/images/interceptor.jpg)

bobafrett
09-10-2005, 10:34 PM
Compared with the UCS version of the TIE interceptor, the wings look comparable to the small winged Hasbro TIE fighter. Large cockpit, small wings. I will wait until it goes on clearance.

Ji'dai
09-10-2005, 11:04 PM
Yeah, the System Interceptor is not quite a scaled-down version of it's UCS forebear. The cockpit/fuselage looks to be the same as the Vader TIE sans the rear deck.

The set looks okay... it's interesting to see what LEGO designers do with Star Wars but ultimately I find myself more excited over the non-licensed properties - the original themes they develop in-house.

JediTricks
09-12-2005, 08:47 PM
Now they're previewing the A-wing, but this blackout style of teasing doesn't do anything for me, I can't get any sense of anything in that shot.

Kidhuman
09-13-2005, 08:30 AM
I agree, why post a picture that no one can see clearly. It could be a dog eating their young for all we know.

JediTricks
09-14-2005, 08:17 PM
The previous 2 gave us rough ideas of the overall shape of things, this does not. Today's shows even more of the photo, yet I still cannot tell a single thing about it beyond that it's the A-wing -- I can't guess whether or not it's a straight rehash of the original or a total upgrade, no idea of the scale in relation to the figure, that's not fun IMO.

Slicker
09-15-2005, 01:46 AM
Yeah, I'm not too happy with this method of showing. There are plenty of better photoshop options they could've picked. At least with the others you could make out the general shape of things.

Jangu Fett
09-15-2005, 09:33 AM
I think you can see it pretty well enough. I love the 1st A-Wing, and this one is looking awesome. This is a entirely new model. The front end looks more like the movie version and from what you can see of the laser canons they also look to be more inline with the film. Take a look.

http://fbtb.net/images/awing3.jpg

Kidhuman
09-15-2005, 10:08 AM
Whike that picture is slightly better then the blurred, I cant see why they just dont show it completely.

Jangu Fett
09-16-2005, 03:15 PM
Well here is a pic of the new A-Wing. Not bad.

http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2005/lego_2006_awing_loose.jpg

JediTricks
09-16-2005, 08:49 PM
Color me unimpressed at this point, both with that photo and the final one on FBTB now:
http://www.fbtb.net/
http://www.fbtb.net/images/awing5.jpg

It looks too small and doesn't bring much new to the party, I know there wasn't much to the actual A-wing but I was at least hoping for better fins and better guns, this is neither, and I was kinda hoping they would be able to get the nose to actually split, but alas.... It's not awful, but it's not great, it's more streamlined but not significantly so, and seems to contain the same overall shape mistakes the original suffered. Will I buy it? Yeah, probably. Will I be excited? No.

Mandalorian Candidat
09-16-2005, 09:10 PM
Not too bad for the price range. I like the new color scheme but yeah, it's nothing spectacularly done like the new B-Wing. I do like that they've thrown in the utility cart thing, though the mechanic guy looks like the Imp Off from the TRU shuttle set. I say bring back old Mario.

This is good news for people who didn't get the OG set.

Battle Droid
09-17-2005, 08:17 AM
I like it, much better than the other one.:D

Ji'dai
09-17-2005, 01:50 PM
The new one has a sleeker, more aerodynamic look than the original. I like it, but it's an A-Wing, no real surprise there... :tired:

I guess I'm glad now that I only bought one 7134 originally. I usually army build with LEGO ships and I have to say I'm getting tired of redesigns, no matter how much better they are. Are constant redesigns of the same old ships what we have to look forward to if TLG renews the license?

Kidhuman
09-23-2005, 10:53 PM
I like it,it isnt bad looking.