PDA

View Full Version : Anyone into Invader Zim figures?

Jargo
09-05-2005, 10:33 PM
Never really understood why palisades were making the Zim figures. I'd never heard of the show. Then seeing more pics of the figures and realising how cool they looked I went and watched a few downloaded episodes and WOAH that show is cool. Now I want to collect the figures about a year behind everyone else meaning those Series 1 figures are going to cost a pretty penny not to mention the Hot Topi exclusive set. If i can get any of them.

Just wondered if anyone else out there collects them and opinions on the figures/line/show.

JON9000
09-06-2005, 10:38 AM
Not into the figures, but my brother had season 1 on DVD which I watched about a year ago. It has a "Pinkie and the Brain" sort of feel to it. It's pretty funny and I recommend it.

matthewilw
09-07-2005, 04:49 PM
I personally love the Invader Zim line. It's easy to see why the show got cancelled, it was just far too sadistic for the young kids it was originally meant for. Its too bad too, because it was a great show. I'm glad its found new life through reruns though. I currently only own a few of the figures: Postulio Zim, Half dog/robot gir, Normal series 1 gir, exclusive duty mode gir that came with the box set, and normal tallest purple. All of the figures look GREAT! The only 2 things I don't like about this line are: 1. A lack of articulation, they are great display pieces, but they seem to be very fragile, I dropped postulio zim onto a bed and hig hair broke off, and 2. The price.

The price I can't change though. My g/f still loves gir, so we'll definately be buying every variant of him at least. Looking forward to Elf Gir in Series 3!

Jargo
09-07-2005, 06:56 PM
I only just got into it all. I love the show. It's so random. and quite clever. too clever by far for smaller brains like cheeeeeeldren. It's definitely an older kid sort of thing. shame the cancelled episodes were never given an airing on a straight to DVD deal. I hope to have the full set someday.

The figures while somewhat lacking in adventurous thinking with so much source material, seem fairly well designed though. Nice accessories and backdrop pieces. The decision to do a whole variant series and sell it through one store as an exclusive deal seems pretty whacked. Especially as each version has a different head sculpt. and half the population of the world have no chance whatsoever to get hold of the exclusive set unless they pay the skyrocketed prices at a certain new York store that aint so wizzy.

I decided to stick with Zim Gir and the Irkens but seeing as series two has Zims house split across the series so you have to buy other characters to get the whole house that decision of mine went out the window. it's annoying. It's all good product. stylisticly it's fabulous. meets the cartoon style and the normal percieved styles of action figures halfway and creates a really individual look.

Series three looks good apart from Santa Zim and Elf Gir. I hate it when christmas stuff gets mixed in with a regular line up. Nightmare Bitters looks like it could be cool. a regular NM Bitters and then all the pieces to build the monstrous warped out NM Bitters. sounds cool but I'd rather have got a new character like Sgt Hobo or Sizz-Lorr or Gir inside the Government man suit. Or even a mid growth sized Ultra Pepi or some other big character. or even parts to make the Voot cruiser or Tak's ship. Or even just a lowly Irken soldier from the 'Frycook that came from all that space' episode.
Seriously we got the Tallest we have Zim and Gir a couple of soldiers would be sweeeeet as would more Invaders like Skooge and so on. I want an Irken army not a handful of Zim's that all look alike save for a slight grimace change here or a closed eye there. I WANT MY ARMY!

And some more of Zim's secret base too.

*twitch twitch*

matthewilw
09-08-2005, 09:44 AM
I decided to stick with Zim Gir and the Irkens but seeing as series two has Zims house split across the series so you have to buy other characters to get the whole house that decision of mine went out the window.

I suggest buying the DVD box set. It comes inside of Zim's house, and it really looks good with the figures. The only piece I need to make it complete ia the fence that comes with Gaz, and maybe some more gnomes.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00069A6WC/qid=1126187652/sr=8-2/ref=pd_bbs_2/104-0644556-3691946?v=glance&s=dvd&n=507846 With the whole series on DVD

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00068NWFG/qid=1126187652/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/104-0644556-3691946?v=glance&s=dvd&n=507846 With just the special features disc.

Jargo
09-12-2005, 11:15 PM
Well i bought the DVD boxed set cause i wanted the DVDs and the Gir figure but i think i'll buy the three series two figures to get the house and garden. wish it included the satellite dish and the animal things from the front garden.

I wish palisades would do accessory packs so you could have a bag full of rubber piggies to surround Gir with.

Jargo
09-30-2005, 11:14 AM
I wish I'd started buying these figures from the start. I'm desperate to get hold of series one hot topic Zim Gir and Dib now but can you find them anywhere? hell no. And I'm really torn on Bitters. She's a cool character in the show but really as a figure she's pretty lame. and her desk diorama piece is all wrong. too narrow, too curved, too small. and the chalk drawing of human and zim is way too big. yeah. just convinced myself not to buy.

I decided to split the collection between me and a really close friend who loves the show. he's gonna have Dib and the earth peoples and I'm gonna have the Irkens. and whatever other aliens make it out.
means less cost for both of us. and when he finally moves up north and me and my partner share a place with him the collection will be united. which seems really cool to me.

Seems when Palisades announced series three's tentative line up they omitted Mimi. Tak's SIR unit. can't have Tak without Mimi. I'll take Mimi over nightmare bitters any time. In fact Palisades seems to have made some pretty rum choices with what they put out. Mega Gir is a nice idea but at that size where the heck do put Gir? I would have taken a slight risk and done some of the larger equipment like the Megadoomer robot in the mega size so you have a large battle bot. something of interest and play value. Or used the budget for mega Gir to make the Voot cruiser. Something that adds to the line and makes sense. I'd pay the price for a Voot but there's no way I'm buying mega Gir. And with so many locations I would have gone with more display bases rather than split a large figure for series three.

But it seems Palisades has gone and got a focus group to help them plan out the line. Consisting of unimaginitive persons. and instead of getting cool bits of stuff the figures can use we get lots of one piece plastic junk food. what a waste of budget and production time.