PDA

View Full Version : Would you support a Customizer's Line?

Lord Tenebrous
01-17-2002, 02:36 PM
I got this idea after my first few unsuccessful customs.

How hard would it be for Hasbro to produce customizable parts? I know we have a lot of talented artists around here, but to get extra parts, painted or not, maybe even parts of cancelled figures. Alien and human heads, neutral and action poses, droid assembly kits - it could be a helpful way of us again telling Hasbro what we like. And hopefully, somewhere along the way, we'll all be able to make our own Ultimate Edition figures. And maybe that Quarren Jedi we always dreamed of. :)

I'd even let the start slow. All I want for now are alien heads with standard bodies to create some background/creative figures.

Thoughts? Comments? Total insanity?

Fulit
01-17-2002, 02:44 PM
Sounds like a hell of an idea to me, which pretty much guarantees Hasbro will never do it. They need all their spare parts for crappy pack-ins, like that awful Bespin Guard that came w/ the Carbon Freeze Chamber. The legs do not fit on that torso at all.
But I would definitely buy a pack of parts to make my own, say, Imperial and Rebel Officers.

Jargo
01-17-2002, 04:21 PM
??????????????????? edited away.....

OC47150
01-17-2002, 04:48 PM
I have to agree with Fulit: The idea is too reasonable for Hasbro to do. It makes too much sense.

bigbarada
01-17-2002, 06:48 PM
If Hasbro did something similar to the Marmit figures (12" figures that you assemble yourself and have interchangeable parts) then I think it would be pretty cool. Action figure kits have never really been popular in the States; but with all the Gundam toy/model kits selling so well all over the country then I don't see why Hasbro can't try their luck and import some of the Marmits. The same way they do the Transformers:RID stuff.

GNT
01-18-2002, 01:21 AM
Its a great idea but I doubt Hasbro would ever do it,Petition perhaps?

JediTricks
01-18-2002, 03:25 AM
I'm pretty sure that LFL would squash this idea even if Hasbro wanted to do it. I think it'd be super dope, have swappable limbs, torsos, heads, legs, whatnot for a Stormtrooper and other troop figures. Heck, Hasbro wouldn't even have to pay poor Chinese people to ASSEMBLE these figures!

I'd also like to see a build your own droid set with astromechs, protocol droids, and other kinds of droids. We had one in the '70s, why not now?

GNT
01-18-2002, 04:11 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
We had one in the '70s, why not now?

Cause the times have changed since then,it all works differently now :)

InsaneJediGirl
01-18-2002, 09:49 AM
I would love to have a build-your-own droid kit.I think it
would be a pretty interesting add-on to the SW Line.Maybe
a build your own Battle Droid or R2 units :D

Obi-Don
01-19-2002, 06:04 AM
I think the times haven't changed that much. Droids custom kits would go over big.Thats why Hasbro won't do it.

MisterPL
01-19-2002, 10:15 PM
Hasbro will do it late this year or early next year. One will feature an army-builder 2-pack of Hoth Rebel and Imperial soldiers with a variety of different limb poses and equipment. The other will be a Droids set.

I'll support it.

LTBasker
01-20-2002, 03:34 AM
The fans want Hasbro to do a good thing, blasphemy! :rolleyes:

A build-your-own Protocol droid would be awesome! Shoot, they wouldn't even have to make new scults entirely, just grab those FF removeable limbs 3PO molds out of storage and then modify the limbs a little to have various ones, pack-in 5 or 6 different pieces per limb, and boom you've got a top-seller for sure, especially for the kids!

I think what would really be awesome is if they made a build-your-own astromech set and you could easily assemble the R2 units like they would have different color bodies, different heads (R2, R3, R4 and R5) and then all the parts would maybe snap together or something and on the back of the bodys could be a hidden feature to make them be able to explode, just like the old Crash Dummy figures! Same with the protocol droids too! Dang they'd be practically the same as the crash dummy figures, they could make the button the recharger plug-in, or aka: their belly button.

Just picture it:
A carded set much like the build-your-own micro podracer and it would include 5-6 different torsos, arms, legs, and heads, and then you could assemble 5 different figures and put them in the heat of battle and have them blow up by the touch of a button or you could make your own Jawa junk yard and just buy various sets and let the pieces just lay around.

That wouldn't be hard to make and it'd really appeal to kids I think not too mention if they just used the FF removeable limbs 3PO mold(s) they could modify the parts to be able to have the blow-up feature and they could also be various colors and stuff.

Turbowars
01-27-2002, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker
The fans want Hasbro to do a good thing, blasphemy! :rolleyes:

A build-your-own Protocol droid would be awesome! Shoot, they wouldn't even have to make new scults entirely, just grab those FF removeable limbs 3PO molds out of storage and then modify the limbs a little to have various ones, pack-in 5 or 6 different pieces per limb, and boom you've got a top-seller for sure, especially for the kids!

I think what would really be awesome is if they made a build-your-own astromech set and you could easily assemble the R2 units like they would have different color bodies, different heads (R2, R3, R4 and R5) and then all the parts would maybe snap together or something and on the back of the bodys could be a hidden feature to make them be able to explode, just like the old Crash Dummy figures! Same with the protocol droids too! Dang they'd be practically the same as the crash dummy figures, they could make the button the recharger plug-in, or aka: their belly button.

Cvarious colors and stuff. An Astromech set would be great. I would love a clear top R3 unit!!!!

SithDroid
01-27-2002, 02:17 PM
I'd support the idea. Then perhaps we could make our own cool looking EP II figures instead of these horrible bowlegged/I have to use the toilet wide stanced figures. Interchangeable legs is the way to go I'd say.

Jayspawn
01-27-2002, 11:06 PM
I think it's a great idea. But I think there are too many kids or collectors that would see these and say "What are these for?" But I think it would be cool.