PDA

View Full Version : Vader and Obi-Wan with Lava Reflection

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-10-2005, 07:15 PM
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/news?m=show&id=31778

They showed these at Comic-Con, and well, here they are carded. I think they went a little overboard with the lava reflection effect but overall it looks good. They should have used better figures, though.

Slicker
09-10-2005, 07:22 PM
They aren't too bad. The "lava effect" is kinda subdued. I like how they kept the same card style for these as they did with the Vader and Clone Trooper.

Lord Malakite
09-10-2005, 08:21 PM
I like how they decided to name this exclusive the exact same thing as their previous one. I can already see the chaos that is to follow in the secondary market and collector's guides.

"I like to purchase the Lava Reflection Darth Vader figure." "Which one?" "The Target Exclusive one" "Which one?" "Lava Vader." "Which one?" "The Target Exclusive one" "Which one?":D

AmanaMatt
09-10-2005, 08:25 PM
"Exclusive" Star Wars Target figure = crap! :twisted:

Rocketboy
09-10-2005, 09:31 PM
Wow, how craptastic...

And how is this one Darth Vader and the crispy crunchy one is Anakin?

Luuuuuuke
09-10-2005, 11:27 PM
I might buy the Lava Anakin if I happen to find one, but I'm not going to turn into Captain Ahab looking for this one. And I probably won't bother with the Obi Wan, especially if he's $12.

Jayspawn
09-11-2005, 12:09 AM
I'm passing on both. I probably wouldnt buy one without the other anyways, but I'm sure as heck not spending $24 on both.

kool-aid killer
09-11-2005, 10:33 AM
I like them for the most part, but not enough to spend $12 apiece on them. Even them being exclusives is not enough to excite me.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-11-2005, 01:02 PM
I like how they decided to name this exclusive the exact same thing as their previous one. I can already see the chaos that is to follow in the secondary market and collector's guides.

"I like to purchase the Lava Reflection Darth Vader figure." "Which one?" "The Target Exclusive one" "Which one?" "Lava Vader." "Which one?" "The Target Exclusive one" "Which one?":D
Yes, it will cause confusion, but the official names for the figures are:
*Darth Vader (Target Exclusive) - the one from April, in armor
*Darth Vader (Lava Reflection) (Duel at Mustafar) - the new one
Even though it says nowhere on the package of the April Vader, everyone just refers to it as Darth Vader (Lava Reflection), similarly to how everyone calls the 2002-2004 line "Saga" even though it's official name is just "Star Wars."

Jedi_Mike
09-11-2005, 02:07 PM
I'll pick it up if I can find them but I don't think I'll go nuts hunting them...

Kidhuman
09-11-2005, 08:53 PM
Too bad there isnt a middle finger smilie, cause I would use it now.

trandoshan666
09-11-2005, 09:16 PM
These are okay. I really don't think they're worth the price, and I'm getting sick of all of the exclusives tied to this line. With that said, I won't pass on them if I see them.

bkeddinger
09-12-2005, 09:38 AM
Anybody have tentative release dates for these?lol

merrick
09-24-2005, 10:59 AM
whats the best way to get these exclusives from target?

Kidhuman
09-24-2005, 12:21 PM
Buying them usually works best for most of us.

merrick
09-24-2005, 02:14 PM
you guys are helpful...someone else recommended that i shop at target to get the target exclusives. i was hoping maybe i could pick them up at walmart. you guys have fun dressed up on halloween as storm troopers. :)

Turbowars
09-24-2005, 08:39 PM
you guys are helpful...someone else recommended that i shop at target to get the target exclusives. i was hoping maybe i could pick them up at walmart. you guys have fun dressed up on halloween as storm troopers. :)Yeah all of us will have fun running around in our SW get ups. :rolleyes: Dude, you ask a stupid question, you get a stupid answer. What did you want to hear? You just have to hit Target at opening or have some friends that can find them for you. Thats what we do in the LA just found thread.

Kidhuman
09-24-2005, 08:42 PM
I am actually gonna be R2 this year. I was a stormie last year

Turbowars
09-24-2005, 08:48 PM
I am actually gonna be R2 this year. I was a stormie last yearPlease clarify which R2 unit you will be Kid. Us geeks need to know the facts:lipsrseal and we need our stupid questions answered.:pleased:

merrick
09-24-2005, 09:01 PM
is it the droid attack r2 or the one with electronic lights and sounds? you guys are funny.

Kidhuman
09-24-2005, 09:16 PM
Its theDagobah version from the OTC line. I can roll in mud and be cool about it

Turbowars
09-24-2005, 11:03 PM
is it the droid attack r2 or the one with electronic lights and sounds? you guys are funny.Funny how? Funny like a clown?

Kidhuman
09-24-2005, 11:31 PM
Are we here to amuse you?

Mandalorian Candidat
09-25-2005, 02:25 PM
Do we make you laugh?

Slicker
09-25-2005, 03:12 PM
I can roll in mud and be cool about itOnly thing better than rolling in the mud is playing in the grass.:lipsrseal

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-25-2005, 06:20 PM
All right kids, we don't need another thread closed down here.

If you're worried about getting them, see if you can get the DCPI for these guys and enter them at the price checking units at Target to see if they're in or not. I don't remember if they posted the DCPIs here earlier, but someone will likely soon. If they're in stock, you might be able to ask someone to go get them for you.

Turbowars
09-25-2005, 07:34 PM
THE OLD MIGHTY JOHN HAS SPOKEN. Future mod here fella's, look out.:grin:

To bad all Targets don't have the key pad on the price checking units. Funny thing is the Target around here is new.

Mandalorian Candidat
09-25-2005, 11:34 PM
To bad all Targets don't have the key pad on the price checking units. Funny thing is the Target around here is new.

Yeah, what's up with that? I've heard that Targets were going to be disabling the keypads so you could only use the scan function. At my local store about severak of them stopped working but there are a few with working pads.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-26-2005, 05:14 PM
THE OLD MIGHTY JOHN HAS SPOKEN. Future mod here fella's, look out.:grin:

Uh, thanks, I think. :D

Two regular Targets around my area converted to the keypads a while ago, but the newest (Super Target) still has the plain old scanners.

I don't mind if they disable the keypads, just as long as you can see if there are more figures in the back (by scanning the ones from the floor).

Kidhuman
09-26-2005, 08:30 PM
The Telxon guns work best I think. Who needs a scanner. Let the associates work for their money

PTF
09-26-2005, 09:03 PM
Does anyone got the UPC or DCPI on the new Target Exclusives? Thanks. Paul

Kidhuman
09-26-2005, 09:07 PM
Havent seen them yet

DarkArtist
10-05-2005, 11:51 AM
The sad part of these figures is that they are old sculpts of the first Anakin and Obi Wan. I would have loved if they made a better version of the Mustafar anakin and perhaps used the mold for the pilto Obi Wan just made the tunic and pants a little dirty and tattered.

As far as the reflection, it's a leap over the lava Vader and the bases look good with the lava sprays. If i can find them at Target perhaps I will pick them up and customize the bases to include small lights so they bounce of the lava reflection and give it a little kick.

jedi master sal
10-05-2005, 12:10 PM
Let me say from first hand experience (as I found these last night), that they are hardly worth the $13 you have to pay for them. I got a set to keep carded. I would have gotten another set to open, but they are pretty crappy, IMO.

I suggest getting a regular #1 and #2 for $5 and customizing them. As far as the base goes, there are several new figs with the same lava base, so you can always just use those as replacements instead.

-Sal

CrunchyNug
10-05-2005, 12:50 PM
I found them both yesterday too here in L.A. They DO look pretty silly, but dumb old me HAD to have them to finish off the Target Lava set. I don't know who would want to open them up. I will admit though, the 3 of them look cool all together side by side.

DPCI - 087 06 0298

dashrender
10-05-2005, 03:21 PM
I am looking to trade. I have both of the new lava's and I need a Vader Lava.

Anyone want to trade?

trandoshan666
10-05-2005, 03:53 PM
I got these today, and must say I like them better than I thought I would. That said, there's not really much of a point in opening them they display much better in package and would be redundant if you were planning pose them.

CrunchyNug
10-05-2005, 04:35 PM
I found another case of these today at a different Target. 6 Obi, 6 Ani. They are definitely out there peoples.

Slicker
10-05-2005, 06:04 PM
I went looking for these today and thankfully nothing. Not even any openings for them on the pegs.

dashrender
10-05-2005, 06:20 PM
I too found these out there today. I managed to pickup an entire case, as mentioned eariler, 6 of each in a box.

I am looking to trade someone one of these for an older Lava Vader.

Let me know if you are interested.

Thanks

star junky
10-05-2005, 06:22 PM
I called a target here in K.C. MO. and had them run the # and they are in, but they told me they could not sell until the October 30 release date:sad: But on a local site here in K.C. a guy says he picked them up at another store. The same store which wouldn't sell me the tie fighter the day before it was to be released. It's all about who you get to look for you.

Turbowars
10-05-2005, 06:30 PM
I too found these out there today. I managed to pickup an entire case, as mentioned eariler, 6 of each in a box.

I am looking to trade someone one of these for an older Lava Vader.

Let me know if you are interested.

ThanksA whole case huh? That should go over well around here.:cross-eye

Slicker
10-05-2005, 06:30 PM
So these have an official release of October 30? I didn't realize that there was a date. I've still got 3 weeks so I'll have to still check on a daily basis.

Turbowars
10-05-2005, 08:10 PM
The date doesn't mean crap, go and look now, I wouldn't wait for the 30th, if you do you will be going to e-bay.

Jango Speck
10-05-2005, 11:33 PM
North Hollywood Target had a full case of these guys at 6pm. But, we had to ask for them, they were only in the stockroom. The guy came out and hung them all up. Too bad the first Target Clone wasn't handled that way. I literally had to brawl for one.

dashrender
10-06-2005, 01:10 AM
Turbowars,

I realize now that that was the wrong thing to post. I am bent over and ready for my flogging.

star junky
10-06-2005, 01:30 PM
The date doesn't mean crap, go and look now, I wouldn't wait for the 30th, if you do you will be going to e-bay.

It sure doesn't, went to a different Target today and picked up a Vader and Obi-wan and Plo Koon's fighter and the clone battlepack using the DCPI #s.:thumbsup:

trandoshan666
10-06-2005, 06:10 PM
Yeah, these things are really out there now. I've checked the DPCIs at three different Targets now, and all three had the exclusives in the back.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-06-2005, 06:50 PM
Yeah, these things are really out there now. I've checked the DPCIs at three different Targets now, and all three had the exclusives in the back.
I thought Target employees weren't allowed to go in the back to get stuff? At my stores there are signs in the SW section that says something to that effect, so all customers can get the same thing.

Maybe someone at a nearby Target hasn't heard of that policy. :D I was at a Target today that had neither the lava figures nor self-scanners, so I'll have to check around at other ones soon.

trandoshan666
10-06-2005, 06:55 PM
I thought Target employees weren't allowed to go in the back to get stuff? At my stores there are signs in the SW section that says something to that effect, so all customers can get the same thing.

Funny you should mention that, because I started noticing that those little signs are no where to be found around the Star Wars stuff. They were there earlier this summer even as recently as a month ago but I haven't seen one lately. All of the Targets near me have the self-input scanners, so I guess I'm fortunate in that respect.

evenflow
10-07-2005, 10:39 AM
I picked up the figures today as well as the attack on coruscant battle pack. They were not on the pegs, i asked the manager to get me one of each and they brought them out to me.

Slicker
10-07-2005, 11:04 AM
I was just at Target and was gonna ask if they had 'em but I didn't see one employee accept for the ones at the cash registers. I'm patient so I'll wait.

WesleySr
10-07-2005, 12:02 PM
I have just returned from the Target in South Charleston, WV. I called before I went up there and used the DCPI # and they said they had them in the back. The DCPI # is 087-06-0298. I managed to get the Anakin & Obi-Wan. They went in the back and brought me out 1 of each (that was all that I asked for). I did not see any type of signs stating that they would not go get something if they had it in the back.

Rocketboy
10-07-2005, 12:02 PM
Slick, tell the thruth - you just didn't want to buy such crappy figures.

Luuuuuuke
10-07-2005, 04:18 PM
They're not worth $12.99 each, that's for sure. So why did I buy them? Cause I'm an idiot.

WesleySr
10-07-2005, 04:29 PM
They're not worth $12.99 each, that's for sure. So why did I buy them? Cause I'm an idiot.

Amen to them not being worth $12.99 and to you being an idiot.

Oh yeah, did I say amen to me being an idiot for buying them as well??? :thumbsup:

Luuuuuuke
10-07-2005, 06:49 PM
Amen to them not being worth $12.99 and to you being an idiot.

Oh yeah, did I say amen to me being an idiot for buying them as well??? :thumbsup:

Nice to have company in the Fraternity of Idiots:D

WesleySr
10-07-2005, 07:03 PM
Nice to have company in the Fraternity of Idiots:D

Fraternity? Heck no. When it comes to buying pointless Hasbro repacks, I am president of a small country.

sith_killer_99
10-07-2005, 07:56 PM
Well, I guess you can count me in as VP, I managed to get them to pull one of each from the back for me tonight as well. Ugly figures, cool package.

I buy all the re-packs/re-cards. I am hooked.:whip:

WesleySr
10-07-2005, 08:18 PM
I will admit that I did show a little bit of self-control. I did pass on the Assault on Hoth, Jedi vs. Separatists, Imperial Throne Room, & Rebels vs. Empire Battle Packs.

sith_killer_99
10-07-2005, 10:04 PM
I bought 'em all!

I really like the way the Hoth set looks in the package, of course, that's why I buy all the re-packs. LOL For the new pacakge.:love: I am not right in the head!

WesleySr
10-07-2005, 11:12 PM
I bought 'em all!

I really like the way the Hoth set looks in the package, of course, that's why I buy all the re-packs. LOL For the new pacakge.:love: I am not right in the head!

The Hoth set looks good, but by far the best Battle Pack is the Clone Attack on Coruscant.

Jango Speck
10-07-2005, 11:32 PM
The Hoth set looks good, but by far the best Battle Pack is the Clone Attack on Coruscant.

I agree if you aren't an opener. The packaging art of the Republic Gunship is awesome.

From what I've heard all the clones are from the deluxe jetpack set, without all the articulation of the #41 clone. I like the look of all the sets- kind of a step up from the POTF Cinema Scenes- except almost every one of the Battle Packs has serious story/film errors (ie. ROTJ Luke duelling with Vader in ANH, Villains that aren't real Siths, Stormtrooper in Emperor's Throne scene, and then of course there's the mixture of Clone Wars Animated stuff (Kenobi Clone Armor) in non-animated form, Jedi Temple Assault with a clone pilot, etc.).

WesleySr
10-08-2005, 12:09 AM
I agree if you aren't an opener. The packaging art of the Republic Gunship is awesome.

From what I've heard all the clones are from the deluxe jetpack set, without all the articulation of the #41 clone. I like the look of all the sets- kind of a step up from the POTF Cinema Scenes- except almost every one of the Battle Packs has serious story/film errors (ie. ROTJ Luke duelling with Vader in ANH, Villains that aren't real Siths, Stormtrooper in Emperor's Throne scene, and then of course there's the mixture of Clone Wars Animated stuff (Kenobi Clone Armor) in non-animated form, Jedi Temple Assault with a clone pilot, etc.).

Actually, I am an opener. But I did mean that in package, the Clone Attack on Coruscant is by far the best. And you stated the exact reason why. The Gunship package art is awesome. It makes it a real nice display piece.

WesleySr
10-09-2005, 11:24 AM

WOW!!!!! HASBRO JUST DEMONSTRATED HOW IGNORANT THEY ARE AGAIN!!!!! YOU WERE EXACTLY RIGHT, speck2001!!! THE CLONES ARE THE CLONES FROM THE DELUXE JETPACK SET!!! WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE REPAINT, THEY ARE EXACTLY THE SAME, RIGHT DOWN TO THE HOLELESS FEET!!! WAY TO GO, HASBLO!!! ONLY YOU WOULD MAKE A SET OF FIGURES DESIGNED FOR THE REPUBLIC GUNSHIP AND NOT GIVE THEM HOLES TO STAND THEM UP WITH!!! WHO DOES YOUR QUALITY CONTROL, STEVIE WONDER??? TIME TO BREAK OUT THE DREMEL TOOL!!!

Sorry everyone for the caps, but there is absolutely no excuse for this stupidity.

Luuuuuuke
10-10-2005, 12:35 AM
Yeah, they couldn't have picked the worse clones for this pack.

Jango Speck
10-10-2005, 01:19 AM
Sorry everyone for the caps, but there is absolutely no excuse for this stupidity.

Ouch, my ears are still ringing from all the shouting. :D

WesleySr
10-10-2005, 05:11 AM
Ouch, my ears are still ringing from all the shouting. :D

Well, maybe someone will hear me @ HASBRO and fire the idiots working in quality control or research and development. I would be perfectly happy if they used the super articulated clone trooper #41 mold for all of these different clones that they are making (if they are always going to re-use old molds).

plasticfetish
10-22-2005, 06:15 AM
Finally saw these "nacho cheese flavored" figures in person today, and in a word, I think they're c***.

With basic figures selling for about $4.30 at my Target right now, why would I pay $12.99 for these? They're hardly limited, they aren't the best Obi-Wan or Anakin figures from the ROTS line, and they're so poorly painted...

:dead:

Slicker
10-22-2005, 11:12 AM
I finally saw them and yeah, they pretty much suck. I've got 2 sets now so if anyone wants 2 awesome figures :p just PM me and we can work it out.