PDA

View Full Version : The Simpsons 17th Season!

Ji'dai
09-11-2005, 02:01 PM
The Simpsons seventeenth season premieres tonight with an all-new episode entitled Bonfire of the Manatees -

Marge moves out and meets a marine biologist after Homer lets Fat Tony shoot a skin flick in the Simpson home. The episode features celebrity guest voice Alec Baldwin.

JimJamBonds
09-11-2005, 02:13 PM
You can watch a clip of tonights show here... I didn't realise the new season was starting already, usually it doesn't usually begin until after the World Series. But hey thats ok with me. :thumbsup: http://tv.yahoo.com/feature/thesimpsons.html

Kidhuman
09-11-2005, 09:55 PM
It wasnt a bad epsiode, I think Family Guy was better.

UKWildcat
09-11-2005, 11:45 PM
It wasnt a bad epsiode, I think Family Guy was better.

I agree 100%.

The Simpsons has always been one of my favorite shows. Tonight's episode appeared to be better than many of last seasons eps. so hopefully this year is going to be really good. But...

The Family Guy is just amazing. The Family Guy makes me laugh harder than any other show on tv. Not too sure about American Dad. I will watch tonights episode tomorrow, but I wasn't too impressed with it when it was on tv last time around. American Dad tried too hard to make you laugh, where The Family Guy was just effortless.

megaprime33
09-12-2005, 08:18 AM
Simpsons is all done. The show has tanked years ago. They are trying way to hard to be funny and fail miserably. Family guy is where it's at. I mean come on, an episode with James Woods AND some of the cast of Star Trek TNG! You can't beat that with Alec Baldwin. Come on!

Rocketboy
09-12-2005, 10:06 AM
The Simpsons still has a spark or two left in it, but as others said, Family Guy is so much better.

Anyone else realize that if the kids had aged Bart would be 27-years-old, Lisa 25, and Maggie 18!

El Chuxter
09-12-2005, 12:12 PM
For good or ill, The Simpsons has used every possible plot they can. Since the characters will never change, there's not much they can do.

Marge left Homer? Homer and Lisa discussing betting on football? Homer in debt to the mob? Somehow it all seems like I've seen it before.

It's still funny, but it's nothing like it was a decade ago.

OC47150
09-12-2005, 12:21 PM
For every great episode, there's always one or two less-than-stellar ones, and the premiere ep. was one of those less-than-stellar. I chuckled a couple of times.

Just nice to see a new episode.

JimJamBonds
09-12-2005, 01:38 PM
"Its funny just not haha funny."
- Ralph Wiggum

Lord Malakite
09-12-2005, 02:06 PM
Next week's episode of Simpsons might prove to be a good one. An old cemetery is relocated right next door to the Simpsons' house to make way for a new museum. Lisa then starts having nightmares about it as a result.

Captain Spoon
09-12-2005, 02:56 PM
True Family Guy was better that Simpsons, however I find it remarkable that I have been able to watch new episodes of the same TV show for almost my entire life. I mean 17 seasons that is Mind Boggling!.

megaprime33
09-12-2005, 03:10 PM
I use to be an avid watcher of the show until about 2 seasons ago. Now all I do is watch, every so often, 1 ep which always turns out to be horriffic. It's just not funny anymore. God help them if they ever do a movie.

Ji'dai
09-12-2005, 05:23 PM
Well, the series premiere was a rather ho-hum outing. Homer's run-in with the jet-ski punks was a bit contrived and corny; it was almost too embarrassing to watch.
Next week's episode of Simpsons might prove to be a good one. An old cemetery is relocated right next door to the Simpsons' house to make way for a new museum. Lisa then starts having nightmares about it as a result. Next week's episode looks promising. When I read the ep. summary over on snpp.com yesterday I wished that one had been the season premiere.

Looks like football will pre-empt the annual Treehouse of Horror episode again this year too. Friggin' football. Only on FOX do they celebrate Halloween in November.

Bosskman
09-13-2005, 06:13 AM
Simpsons was alright, but I agree the show needs to end. It's run its course. Family Guy, however, was freakin awesome. My favorite parts were: the part with christina agulera (salty garbage) and when the drunk girl falls onto that shelf. There's something about how people fall on that show and then don't move at all that makes me laugh every time I even think about it.

Kidhuman
09-13-2005, 08:17 AM
My favorite part of Family Guy was Stewie playing Marco Polo with Helen Keller.

El Chuxter
12-19-2005, 01:10 AM
Man, tonight's episode was the funniest I've seen in a while. All three of the new animated shows were winners tonight. (Sadly, King of the Hill was a rerun, and not a particularly good one.)

Lord Malakite
12-19-2005, 03:53 AM
Man, tonight's episode was the funniest I've seen in a while. All three of the new animated shows were winners tonight. (Sadly, King of the Hill was a rerun, and not a particularly good one.)

At least you actually get to see King of the Hill. On the east coast it is in pre-emption hell thanks to football season. :D

JediTricks
12-19-2005, 04:13 PM
Last night's ep was a mixed bag, not because it was 3 separate segments, but because each segment had some funny parts and some "oh bother, there they go again with their Great Gazoo-type writing". And it just dawned on me that we've now had more unfunny seasons of The Simpsons than funny ones.

scruffziller
12-20-2005, 12:16 PM
Yea the 16th and 17th season has seemed to picked up some steam. They must have realized they were in a slump and got some new writers.

However I have found that Family Guy at its worst is still funnier than Simpsons at its best. I think that is simply put that Family Guy has dared to tread where SImpsons never really did. Only in seasons 16 and 17 did they seem to go that way a tad.

That "young Grandpa Simpson" sequence was awesome. :D And Moe trying to kill himself every year never gets old.

Mandalorian Candidat
12-21-2005, 03:42 PM
This last Christmas show wasn't too bad, but maybe I'm saying that cause after several crummy episodes anything somewhat funny will look like pure gold. My take was that it was a Treehouse of Horror style show but centered around Dec. 25. This way the writers could focus on just segments of 7-8 min instead of trying to write a lame 22 minute plotline. It's like a bad SNL one-note skit that goes for too long instead of making more skits that are shorter and snappier.

At least we still have the older season DVDs to fall back on.

Bosskman
12-21-2005, 05:16 PM
I thought the recent one where Homer was the Safety Salamander was consistently funny. And did anyone else notice the sudden frequency of the crazy cat lady (aka Abigail Abernathy) appearences this season? She was even in the Christmas episode (bla wa ta pwaa bla fla CAT!)

Ji'dai
12-26-2005, 03:30 PM
Yeah, the cat lady has made quite a few cameos recently. She's catching up with the Evil Monkey.

Wow, the Christmas ep was really good. I finally got around to watching it on Christmas Eve and was thoroughly entertained. Here's hoping the second half of the season is just as good.