PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Comic Con

trandoshan666
09-11-2005, 10:55 PM
Dallas Comic Con is about a month away (Oct. 15-16) and I was wondering if any SSG members were planning on going. I'm planning to go see Carrie Fisher and Steve Sansweet and am pretty pumped.

SirSteve
09-14-2005, 06:23 PM
Take some pictures! Post them in your Photo Gallery Member section! :)

JediBoulton
09-14-2005, 11:52 PM
I know I will be there for sure -- more signtures for my ROTJ poster.

I will be taking the camera as well :)

JediCole
09-29-2005, 02:57 PM
Mrs. JediCole and I will be there manning the APOTAC tables (as always). For those not in the know, here is the guest list as of today for this incredible show:

Media Guests: Carrie Fisher, Kenny Baker, Peter Mayhew, Bonnie Piesse (Star Wars), Steve Sansweet (LucasFilm), Jonathan Frakes (Star Trek), Kevin Sorbo (Hercules), Marc Singer (Beast Master, V), Adam Baldwin (Angel, Firefly), Kier Dullea (2001, 2010), Gary Lockwood (Star Trek, 2001), Erin Gray (Buck Rodgers), Bill Johnson (Texas Chainsaw Massacre), Kane Hodder and Lar Park Lincoln (Friday the 13th), Donnie Dunagan (voice of Bambi), Genie Francis (soap opera star).

Comic/Art Guests: Kerry Gammill, Rich Buckler, Mark Brooks, Ale Garza, Cliff Chiang, Terry Moore, Michael Lark, James O'Barr, Ben Dunn, Jamie Mendoza, Jim Daly, Erik Reeves David Hopkins, Hector Cantu, Richard Dominguez, Kris Kidd, Cat Staggss, and Cynthia Cummens. Plus Fanboy Radio will be there as well.

Be sure to stop by the APOTAC tables (they usually have us somewhere along the walls) and say hello if you are attending the ComiCon. We always enjoy meeting SSG members. And if you are attending, ask about Fandom at Random DFW, the fan club I started at the behest of many of our friends. We have a Yahoo Groups page (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/fandomatrandomdfw/) for now and we are planning various activities and gatherings in the DFW area. We (Fandom at Random DFW) have also been invited to the All-Con 2006 Pre-Convention Mixer/Halloween Party on Saturday, October 15 (the same day as ComiCon but after they close) starting at 7:00 PM at the Dallas Sterling Hotel on 183.

I will try to remember to bring my camera also as I've not missed a Dallas ComiCon or Sci-Fi Expo in years, but rarely remember to commemorate the event in pictures!

trandoshan666
10-18-2005, 11:57 AM
Overall, I thought it was a good Con plenty of SW merchandise. I was able to pick up a few missing pieces in my collection at very reasonable prices, and I thoroughly enjoyed Steve Sansweet's presentation, and the brief chat I had with him a while later. It was definitely worth the drive.

JediBoulton
10-18-2005, 12:01 PM
I had a great time as well -- was there for a few hours on Sunday. I picked up a vintage piece for my collection for a great price as well. There were MANY new figures there -- was not able to see the 501 Clone trooper -- just missed him :(

This was a great show all in all...

JimJamBonds
10-18-2005, 01:57 PM
I wished I would have checked out this thread sooner there would have been a few auto's I would have liked to have gotten. :(

trandoshan666
10-18-2005, 06:45 PM
I had a great time as well -- was there for a few hours on Sunday. I picked up a vintage piece for my collection for a great price as well. There were MANY new figures there -- was not able to see the 501 Clone trooper -- just missed him :(

I didn't come across a 501st clone either. In fact, the only figure I saw from the ROTS line that I didn't have was the Target exclusive Utapu Shadow Trooper. It wasn't worth $30 to me, so I passed.

niktom
10-20-2005, 03:53 PM
Geeze wish I would have read this before going. Would have said hey to all ya'll. I picked up some great vintage stuff too and got the copy of Sansweet's talk (http://home.classicnet.net/niktom/pics/sansweet.jpg) :D that Phillip Wise used while running the video. Sansweet autoed it for me too. It was a really good con, nice and varried.