PDA

View Full Version : SURVIVOR: Guatemala

mastermatt24
09-11-2005, 11:29 PM
I heard Survivor is back this Thursday :)

2-1B
09-11-2005, 11:48 PM
Is that the one with Gary Hogeboom ?

I've never watched an episode of this show, the TV spots and word of mouth never compelled me to. :)

mastermatt24
09-11-2005, 11:57 PM
The host is Jeff Probst.. (if thats what youre asking?)

2-1B
09-12-2005, 01:36 AM
No, I refer to former mediocre NFL QB who made the cast of castaways.

I just looked it up and yes, it is him. :)

OC47150
09-12-2005, 11:22 AM
Is that the one with Gary Hogeboom ?

I've never watched an episode of this show, the TV spots and word of mouth never compelled me to. :)

Yes it is. I can't wait!!!

Hellboy
09-14-2005, 07:37 PM
I'm looking forward to Survivor as usual. The thing that sucks is it's in the same time slot as Alias now, another of my favorite shows. :sad:

Anyone have any guesses as to who the two returning Survivors will be? If its Romber I'm bailing. :stupid:

mastermatt24
09-14-2005, 09:19 PM
Im pretty sure its Hatch and someother person

Hellboy
09-14-2005, 10:05 PM
Im pretty sure its Hatch and someother person

That would be a pretty big surprise. I bet if he wins again he'll remember to pay his taxes this time. lol

OC47150
09-15-2005, 07:07 AM
I'm looking forward to Survivor as usual. The thing that sucks is it's in the same time slot as Alias now, another of my favorite shows. :sad:

Anyone have any guesses as to who the two returning Survivors will be? If its Romber I'm bailing. :stupid:

Alias is no longer must-see TV. Tape it and watch it later, like we do.

I've read who the two returnees are. If you want to know, I will tell.

But if you don't, I can keep my mouth shut. :grin:

OC47150
09-15-2005, 07:09 AM
And it's not Romber!! :thumbsup: (Thank the Maker!!)

UKWildcat
09-15-2005, 08:01 PM
I'm actually pleased with the returning Survivors. Stephanie and Bobby Jon are cool with me. Steph is a real tough chick, I felt bad for her last year, being on a crappy team and all. I wonder if that is why they were brought back? Since they didn't have much of a chance last year? Anyways, looks like its going to be a good season. :thumbsup:

hango fett
09-15-2005, 08:24 PM
that was awsome. 11 mile marathon just to get a good camp site....then bobby jon and the other guys get sick and all....kind of a slap in the face, huh?
HF

OC47150
09-16-2005, 06:40 AM
And who's the leader of Bobby jon's tribe? Margaret the nurse. She's worth her weight in gold.

Voting Jim off was the obvious and right choice.

El Chuxter
09-16-2005, 11:56 AM
Man, Jim was a [feminine hygiene product]. To blame your busting your arm on everyone else, then to vote for the woman who basically saved your life. I'm glad he's gone.

Though he did kinda look like Kenny Baker.

JimJamBonds
09-16-2005, 01:59 PM
that was awsome. 11 mile marathon just to get a good camp site....then bobby jon and the other guys get sick and all....kind of a slap in the face, huh?
HF

More like (almost) a half marathon. ;)

mastermatt24
09-17-2005, 02:20 AM
Although i could care less for Bobby Jon (i abreviated his name and it looked funny :crazed: ) it looks like its going to be a good season. Im surprised the the government (or whoever) is letting them use the temples. Anyone notice the Yavin 4 shots?

OC47150
09-19-2005, 07:14 AM
Mark Burnett and CBS probably paid handsomely to use the ruins. Besides, it will be good for tourism in the long run.

Hellboy
09-19-2005, 04:47 PM
Well they needed to do something to shake things up this season because Survivor was starting to get a bit stale IMO so hopefully these difficult challenges will continue. Now all they need to do is get rid of the stupid video from home episode and most of the stupid puzzle challenges and we'll have a great show on our hands once more.

El Chuxter
09-19-2005, 05:03 PM
They could always do Survivor: Iraq. That ought to shake things up. :D

Hellboy
09-19-2005, 05:17 PM
Or Survivor: New Orleans. :grin:

Markimus
09-19-2005, 07:18 PM
This does look like a good season ... I hope Stephanie lasts a long time. I like her.

mastermatt24
09-19-2005, 10:08 PM
Mark Burnett and CBS probably paid handsomely to use the ruins.
Would that be a pretty peso? :crazed:

OC47150
09-20-2005, 07:18 AM
Now all they need to do is get rid of the stupid video from home episode and most of the stupid puzzle challenges and we'll have a great show on our hands once more.

But they need to do those puzzles when the contestants are so weak from lack of food and water.

But think on the bright side, Hellboy: we have several episodes to go before a puzzle.

Hellboy
09-20-2005, 05:31 PM
But think on the bright side, Hellboy: we have several episodes to go before a puzzle.

I sure hope you're right OC. :tired:

One other thing is make the challenges worth more. Instead of making them fight for food or luxury items develop more challenges that have huge tribal benefits. Some of the best challenges IMO over the coarse of this show have been ones that have great impact on the tribe as a whole. Things like having natives help establish a stronger camp and teaching tribe members how to live off the land effectively. If you're going to use food as a reward then I think the only way it should be done is auction style as we've seen in the past. At least thats fun to watch.

I'd also like to see tribe members totally cut off from the outside world. If you can't go a little over a month without having contact with your family you have serious codependency issues IMO. Like I said before the videos from home bit is tired and seeing everybody turn into a sad sack :cry: when given the opportunity to be reunited with their loved ones momentarily has been so played out.

OC47150
09-21-2005, 08:28 AM
One other thing is make the challenges worth more. Instead of making them fight for food or luxury items develop more challenges that have huge tribal benefits. Some of the best challenges IMO over the coarse of this show have been ones that have great impact on the tribe as a whole. Things like having natives help establish a stronger camp and teaching tribe members how to live off the land effectively. If you're going to use food as a reward then I think the only way it should be done is auction style as we've seen in the past. At least thats fun to watch.

I agree. It's added something to the last few seasons.

I've read that for every challenge that makes it on the show, there are 10 others that don't. Several of them are actually built by the production team and tested but scraped. That's a lot of challenges to come up with for each show.

UKWildcat
09-23-2005, 01:45 AM
Man... that Blake is a mess. He did win the reward for the team and all, but he is falling apart. There must have been some poison or something on that limb that hit him on the shoulder. lol

I'm a fan of just about all the challanges, except for the ones where they make you eat stuff. :eek:

OC47150
09-23-2005, 07:07 AM
Hmm, Steph's tribe wanted to get rid of Lydia, who used personal initiative and built a small inlet to trap fish, instead of Morgan, who does nothing. I'm glad they got their senses and votes together and voted off the right person for once.

You're right, Blake is a mess.

Hellboy
09-23-2005, 03:14 PM
I think the Yaxha tribe made a big mistake in eliminating Morgan last night. Sure she didn't contribute in and around camp as much as the others but bottom line she was great in the challenges. Which is more than I can say for Rafe who not only missed grabbing his flag in the reward challenge but couldn't even make it up a 2 ft. ladder after falling into the water. Lydia was only on the block because she had yet to ally herself with anyone unlike Rafe who seems to be clinging to Gary at the moment.

I think both tribes would be smart to keep the people who do well in the challenges for the time being since this season seems to have a more physical edge to it.

El Chuxter
09-23-2005, 04:46 PM
I'm wondering if Blake may have been poisoned by those thorns in the premiere, or if he's just a pansy.

I did noticed Steph and Bobby Jon appear in the opening credits now. I figured they'd change the opening after they were "revealed," and turned out to be right.

I can't wait until the quarterback [feminine hygiene product] is revealed to be a lying SOB and voted off. :)

mastermatt24
09-23-2005, 09:41 PM
I was hoping Lydia's tribe was going to win the fishing stuff- but that little cove trick was cool. That guy that couldnt get up the ladder was such a friken jack@ss, i mean come on!! He barely tried!

mastermatt24
10-20-2005, 11:06 PM
Man! Those fubreez family moments stink! (pun intended!!) The first tribal council kept making me laugh- I was glad that Judd didnt go. :pleased:

OC47150
10-21-2005, 07:00 AM
I was hoping to see Blake's girlfriend in the Febreeze moment after his comments. ;)

Did you smell that testosterone in the air when Bobby Jon and Jamie butted chests? Or was that BS?

OC47150
11-10-2005, 07:06 AM
The late Jan./early Feb. edition of Survivor is supposedly filming somewhere now. Has anyone heard where it is? I've been searching high and low and can't find it.

CBS and the Survivor crew is doing a great job in keeping the location a secret!

And as for Probst considering leaving the show after the next one, wave bye-bye, Jeff. The show will continue on without you. Besides, you act like you don't want to be there anyway.

Mandalorian Candidat
11-10-2005, 11:58 AM
The late Jan./early Feb. edition of Survivor is supposedly filming somewhere now. Has anyone heard where it is? I've been searching high and low and can't find it.

At this point I no longer care. Just about every place has been the same aside from Africa. I'm hoping they do something radical like Survivor: Siberia.

OC47150
11-10-2005, 12:18 PM
Canada has been mentioned several times, but the weather conditions aren't right at this time of year.

I'd like to see a Canadian edition, and so would the Canucks. It's the #1 show up north.

mastermatt24
11-10-2005, 11:08 PM
CBS and the Survivor crew is doing a great job in keeping the location a secret!

And as for Probst considering leaving the show after the next one, wave bye-bye, Jeff. The show will continue on without you. Besides, you act like you don't want to be there anyway.
As for location I dont know where they could be.. maybe Alaska??
I will miss Jeff- I thought he always fit very well with the show. But I do kinda agree about him not liking being there..

OC47150
11-11-2005, 06:50 AM
Too cold for Alaska. If Survivor was going to film in Alaska or Canada, it would be in the summer when it wasn't too bad.

Although I wouldn't mind seeing a cold-climate Survivor.

You know the tribe pooped their pants when Gary whipped out the mini immunity idol. Great Survivor moment!

Jeff's attitude has changed. More cocky, mean. I'd like to see a tribesmen slug him or cuss him out.

Someone else's attitude that's changed is Steph's. In Palau, she was a strong-willed, determined young woman. This time, she's a follower. Maybe that's part of her strategy, but it's like a totally different person is playing the game.

Mandalorian Candidat
11-11-2005, 09:28 AM
Too cold for Alaska. If Survivor was going to film in Alaska or Canada, it would be in the summer when it wasn't too bad.

Although I wouldn't mind seeing a cold-climate Survivor.

That's the whole point. They need to shake things up. It would probably never happen due to the greater difficulty in production and keeping everyone in safe conditions. They'd probably have to give them tents, bags, warm gear, food, and many other items. Though it would be cool to see them having try to hunt caribou or something for grub.

OC47150
11-11-2005, 09:46 AM
It wouldn't bother me to see an attractive women in a flannel shirt and hiking shorts.

OC47150
11-18-2005, 09:30 AM
The look on Judd's face when Jamie was shown the door was priceless!! Yes, you were blindsided, Jamie, Survivor-style!!!

If I were on the tribe, Jamie would've had to go. He's going (or is!) jungle crazy.

Hellboy
11-18-2005, 01:51 PM
Yeah Jamie definitely was slipping towards the end there. His constant paronoia would have drove me crazy as well. :crazed:

As more time passes I find myself pulling for Gary. Could be I have a tendency to root for the underdog but I think he has played a solid game and is a solid guy. Other than him I could live with Danni or Steph winning but thats about it.

OC47150
11-18-2005, 03:19 PM
If it were seperate tribes competing in last night's reward challenge, Lydia would've been the one to go. She let her team down. But they weren't, and other people were in the sights.

I don't think the alliance is completely broken up, but there's a huge crack in it. Someone like Gary or Danni could use that to his or her advantage and last a little longer in the game.

Found out where Survivor 12 is filming (right now).

UKWildcat
11-18-2005, 05:42 PM
I'm not too thrilled with any of the survivors to be honest with you. Out of the people that are left I hope Danni wins it. Of course I am in a Survivor pool and the only person I have left is Danni. :D If she wins it I'll be $70 richer! WooHoo!!!

Mandalorian Candidat
11-18-2005, 07:04 PM
Found out where Survivor 12 is filming (right now).

Yeah? You tease. ;)

mastermatt24
11-19-2005, 03:39 PM
Yeah? You tease. ;)
Yeah! Come on...

TheDarthVader
11-19-2005, 09:07 PM
Where are they filming? Tell me! Please.

B.
TDV

BanthaPoodoo
11-21-2005, 10:06 AM
SPOILER "Where they are filming S12":

Once again filming in the pearl islands.... Survivor: Return To Panama

OC47150
11-21-2005, 10:50 AM
I was a little disappointed to see Survivor was going back to Panama. I was hoping for something more exotic, but logistically, it's probably easier to ship the gear from Guatamela to Panama than Africa or Australia.

No cast announcements or leaks as of yet but I'll keep hunting. :yes:

Mandalorian Candidat
11-21-2005, 11:38 AM
Ho hum...how very original.

OC47150
11-21-2005, 11:41 AM
Ho hum...how very original.

My sentiments exactly.

mastermatt24
11-21-2005, 10:25 PM
Was that the one that had rupert? If it was, then I remeber liking that location..

Turbowars
11-21-2005, 11:45 PM
I think they should stick them out somewhere with nothing, I mean absolutely nothing. The rewards would be hints on how to survive. I'm kind of sick of the same routine show after show. I guess for insurance reasons that will never happen and I'm sure a beautiful back ground is better for the ratings. I still like the show, but I'd love to see something really different.

There's 2 players that need to go. Stephenie and Jammie. If I see Steph cry one more time I'm going to be sick and I for the life of me why is she still there? I mean she has already had her chance at the mil. The whole Rupert thing backfired on the show, so why bring her and Bobby Moron back. Now for Jammie, he needs his @ss beat to the ground and I hope that the lying big guy does it. I just can't believe all the whining about people not staying loyal and honest, I mean come one people, how long has the show been on? I wonder if some of these tribe members have ever seen a episode?:p

OC47150
11-22-2005, 07:37 AM
Was that the one that had rupert? If it was, then I remeber liking that location..

Yes.

Rupert/Pearl Island and the All-Star edition were both filmed in Panama.

OC47150
11-22-2005, 07:40 AM
I think they should stick them out somewhere with nothing, I mean absolutely nothing. The rewards would be hints on how to survive. I'm kind of sick of the same routine show after show. I guess for insurance reasons that will never happen and I'm sure a beautiful back ground is better for the ratings. I still like the show, but I'd love to see something really different.

The wilds of Canada or Alaska!

I could see a return to Australia or Africa, too. At one time, Jordan was being considered but problems in the Middle East scratched that idea.

Mandalorian Candidat
11-22-2005, 05:32 PM
I think they should stick them out somewhere with nothing, I mean absolutely nothing.

Wasn't that tried once before? I remember one of those seasons when CBS hyped that they'd be stuck with no food...well I guess they did have a couple of machetes.

UKWildcat
11-22-2005, 11:33 PM
There's 2 players that need to go. Stephenie and Jammie.

Well Jamie is gone so we don't have to listen to him anymore. It seemed like he was hardly in the show at the beginning of the season. Then they started showing him and he became real annoying, really fast. It would have been nice to see him and Bobby John throw hands.

OC47150
11-23-2005, 07:25 AM
Survivor has in the past.

I love the hyped commericals where 'something big' happens in the first 5 - 10 minutes of the next 'don't miss' show. And when you watch, it's very ho-hum.

OC47150
12-09-2005, 07:34 AM
OK, the final four is selected. I think it's an even toss up as to whom could win.

As the jury now stands, I think Steph has at least one vote (Gary) in her favor. Bobby Jon is a toss up, Judd is a definite no, and Jamie and Cindy are unknowns.

One of the competitions will be an endurance, and Danni, Rafe and Steph can hold their own in that. Lydia isn't that great at competitions. She's lucky to have gotten that far, but she's no real threat, is she?

And I've read where Probst is staying, signing a multiyear contract. He'd be a fool if he left.

UKWildcat
12-09-2005, 08:03 PM
Wow, I forgot all about this thread.

The person I want to win probably has the greatest chance of not winning. That would be Danni. I think she may still be viewed as and outsider and I believe that if she doesn't win immunity she will go. Though it would be smart for the three girls to vote Rafe out because if he makes it to the final two I think he would win pretty easily.

We shall see what happens.

UKWildcat
12-11-2005, 11:16 PM
Of course I am in a Survivor pool and the only person I have left is Danni. :D If she wins it I'll be $70 richer! WooHoo!!!

Now I have more money for Christmas shopping! WooHoo!!! :D

Excellent show tonight! I am very pleased with the outcome, of course! Man... Danni was looking fine too! :love:

The preview for next season looks like it is going to be real good. One of the castaways gets banished to that little island. That should be interesting. I wonder how they are going to split up the castaways? They said it would be a method that has never been done before.

El Chuxter
12-12-2005, 12:22 AM
Phhhhbt. This was a turd season.

If I ever have a million bucks to spare, I'll phone up Stephanie and tell her I'll gladly give it to her. . . provided I can kick her in the face with a combat boot.

Sorry, I'm not really violent, but she irked me more than any one human being can.

I was rooting for Danni, but when she completely went back on her promise to Rafe, I lost all respect for her and this became one of those "I don't give a rat's butt who wins" seasons.

Turbowars
12-12-2005, 01:17 AM
I wonder why it's such a big deal for the people voted out that it's wrong to back stab? Duh, they lost! You can't play this game without screwing over anyone. That's part of the game.

I don't think it was a turd season. I mean what did you want to happen? The seasons don't really change from one to the other. Even the people seem the same. Steph's crying was getting to me though. I really would had liked Gary to win, but I'm sure he really doesn't need the $. Judd is a @ss and I'm soooo happy his Door boy (Door Man, what a looser) big mouth didn't come close to winning.

OC47150
12-12-2005, 06:52 AM
Danni did look good with a little meat on her bones.

It would've been interesting to seen who might have won if Rafe was in the final two.

At home, we always get a kick out of the Walk Down Memory Lane, when past tribesmembers are remembered. Can't remember those who were kicked off in the first few weeks.

El Chuxter
12-12-2005, 08:37 AM
I only have something against people backstabbing if they maintain that they're playing an honest game. One or the other, people, you can't have both.

My disdain for Stephanie had nothing to do with the way she played. I found her ridiculously annoying. I'd have rather Lydia won the million than her, and Lydia was possibly the dumbest, least athletic person ever on the show.

And the whole bit about eating the chicken -- the producers should have walked in and kicked off everyone except Rafe. Then the Maya should have been standing just outside the campsite and jumped them all as they left. They could've thrown Danni in the fire and asked, "Hey, is it okay if we eat her now?"

Hellboy
12-12-2005, 02:10 PM
At home, we always get a kick out of the Walk Down Memory Lane, when past tribesmembers are remembered. Can't remember those who were kicked off in the first few weeks.

Thats one of my least favorite traditions of the Survivor show. It just feels so cheesey and forced the way they make the remaining survivors do something so the producers can create a flashback montage of the people who have been voted off. That and the loved ones/letters from home episode(s) are two of the things I'd like to see dropped from future shows, but thats just my opinion. :)

As far as this season goes I thought it was decent. The show is getting a bit stale though and in need of some fresh ideas but hopefully this will be addressed next season. I'm glad Danni won and definitely agree with those that said she looked great on the reunion show. :love:

I don't see how anybody can say Danni backstabbed Rafe in the end when he absolved her of any agreement they may have had in the past. Sure she could have picked him since they did have an alliance but she was playing to win and picked the person she felt she had the best chance of beating when evaluated by the jury and never hid that fact. IMO she was as honest as the game allowed her to be and still stay in the game. It would be different if she was a hypocrite like that caveman Judd and said she never lied but she clearly admitted having to deceive a few people to get where she was so in the end she was honest.

OC47150
12-12-2005, 02:14 PM
An article on another web site pointed out that this edition's Survivors failed to eat any of the local delicacies like Survivors in the past.

I guess the writer wasn't counting the burnt sacrificial chicken. :whip:

Turbowars
12-12-2005, 06:22 PM
Did anyone else notice Danni's lips? She was smacking them all night. She had work done on them, but yeah she did look nice.

UKWildcat
12-12-2005, 07:19 PM
Did anyone else notice Danni's lips? She was smacking them all night. She had work done on them, but yeah she did look nice.

You think so?

She did have full lips all season on the show but I don't think it was as noticeable. I think the lipstick last night really brought them out. I could be wrong, either way, they look tasty. :D