PDA

View Full Version : a one armed man and his wedding

derek
01-17-2002, 05:51 PM
the force.net has reported a list of events in the film that lucasfilm does not want revealed in the marketing of E2. among other things are anakin missing an arm and the wedding.

there has been speculation here on this forum if ani and padme will actually marry, well apparently that's settled. but i've been following all the rumors and spoilers i could find for a while now, but no where did i see anything about anakin getting his arm chopped off. there has been speculation on this subject and how it would parallell luke in E5, but that was just disucssion. if this list is true, it looks like anakin will begin his journey to becoming "more machine than man" sooner than we thought.

mabudonicus
01-17-2002, 06:29 PM
I've just gotta say, a few people hasve mentioned how anakin losing a limb would be a parallel to E5, but in ROTJ(book and comic adaptation, at least) when lukes mechanical hand is exposed on the sali barge, the point is already hammered in quite nicely. I just find all of the question marks surrounding this a bit weird, since it's kind of a retroactive, foregone conclusion. As to it happening in this film..... well, there's already talk of zam losing an arm, and if that is supposed to be some kind of incidental foreshadowing.... I mean, it has to happen sooner or later, right? It does seem like there's still a lot of stuff in the bag, at least.(especially if the dark nature of anakin has him keeping more and darker secrets and so on) Woooo!!!

master jedi
01-17-2002, 07:11 PM
I knew this info already except for Anakin losing an arm, I thought him losing an arm and getting really messed up was going to be in episode 3.

Lord Tenebrous
01-17-2002, 07:22 PM
Zam is cut at the elbow. Anakin loses the entire limb.

I guess the line that summarizes AOTC is Dooku to Obi-Wan:

"Come, come, Master Kenobi. Put me out of my misery."

INDIANA
01-17-2002, 07:33 PM
The loss of the arm is new to me too. I've never seen that one before. You can see Obi-Wan slice off Zam's arm in the trailer you download with the DVD (slow it, you see everthing perfectly).

Hey what about those senators! Does the cross over and tie-ins continue? Why is the senator from Alderaan THE MASTER?!?!?!?!

Lord Tenebrous
01-17-2002, 08:52 PM
It's interesting how they can't show Kaminoans in the promotional material, yet if you look close enough, there's a Kaminoan on the back of the aiwha in the Mystery trailer.

2-1B
01-17-2002, 09:15 PM
I too was surprised by Analimb's loss. I wonder if it occurs while wielding two lightsabers?

JediTricks
01-18-2002, 12:52 AM
What is it with Lucas and arm-removal?!?

I can understand why Lucas would want those elements kept as tightly under wraps as possible, they seem like pretty major spoilers compared to "Maul's double saber".

GNT
01-18-2002, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by master jedi
I knew this info already except for Anakin losing an arm, I thought him losing an arm and getting really messed up was going to be in episode 3.

same here, are we totally sure He loses an arm?

Co Jo-Da
01-18-2002, 01:56 AM
I though Anakin would lose his arm when Lord Tyranus drops a crane on him but I still have doubt that he loses his arm at all in Attack of the Clone's, if not he'll lose it in Episode III for sure...

JEDIpartner
01-18-2002, 08:35 AM
Well... I have to say that it came as quite a shock for me to read that spoiler about the arm. As for the wedding- I kinda thought that was pretty much a given. MY question is... does the wedding take place before or AFTER the loss of the arm? I would think that the wedding would have to come at the end of the film since there really is a lot going on during the course of the two hours. Does Padme end up marrying Anakin because she loves him, but "feels bad" that he was hurt so terribly? Hmmmm... ehhh... who knows. It's early. I need my coffee so I can think.

Fulit
01-18-2002, 09:54 AM
So at the wedding, I wonder if he's standing there with an empty shirt sleeve hanging down, or if they went ahead and put on the prosthetic. Since it apparently only takes a few minutes to pop on a new limb, (Luke in ESB), he probably has a prosthetic at the wedding. Hmm, wonder if it's his "ring finger hand"?

derek
01-18-2002, 04:21 PM
since everyone is connected somehow, i bet we'll see a shining brand new 2-1B bolting ani's new arm on.:D

Rollo Tomassi
01-19-2002, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by JediTricks
What is it with Lucas and arm-removal?!?

I can understand why Lucas would want those elements kept as tightly under wraps as possible, they seem like pretty major spoilers compared to "Maul's double saber".

Is the wedding really that big of a suprise to everybody? I can see the disarming being spoiler material, but the wedding?

Wooooof
01-19-2002, 03:34 PM
I've heard about Anakin losing his arm; but what I really want to see is Count Dooku cut off his damned Backstreet Boys face!:mad: What a sissy! Dark Lord of the Sith, my tookus!!

Fulit
01-19-2002, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Wooooof
I've heard about Anakin losing his arm; but what I really want to see is Count Dooku cut off his damned Backstreet Boys face!:mad: What a sissy! Dark Lord of the Sith, my tookus!!

Well, why would Padme want to marry some ugly dude? They had to cast someone reasonably attractive. Hayden's at least less sissy looking than Leo.

Wooooof
01-19-2002, 04:58 PM
He can look attrative without looking like a girl. I always envisioned Anakin as more of the Superman type in terms of looks. Square-jawed, squinty-eyed and overall a very muscular looking dude. This was mainly based on Obi-Wan's account of him being so great before his downfall and Darth Vader's size. So now we're supposed to believe that all of Vader's bulk is nothing but machinery?

Fulit
01-19-2002, 06:53 PM
Maybe they'll bash his face up a bit for E3. That would be cool.

Jargo
01-19-2002, 07:13 PM
remember that picture that ralph McQarrie did that had han and the original Chewie design with Leia/Luke kneeling on the floor? The one where the han figure is bearded and has on that skintight jumpsuit affair? I always imagined that Anakin would look sort of rough and swarthy like that drawing. like he could handle himself in a fight without being showy. Just doing the business smartly and with cold efficiency. I never would have thought of Anakin looking like a model from a clearasil advert.
And I always thought they'd find someone who looked at least a little like Mark hamill so it looked like Luke was Anakin's kid.

Co Jo-Da
01-20-2002, 12:32 AM
If Pademe and Anakin get married at the end of the film, it will bring up a question:

Do the Jedi Order know about it and what do they think about it?

I think that Anakin will defy the Jedi Code and marry Pademe, which will lead up to Episode III and Anakin's fall to the Dark-Side...

mabudonicus
01-20-2002, 11:03 AM
Just imagine what scenes from their marraige would be like... Padme: Where did you go last night? Anakin: Nowhere's. Padme:owww, what happened to your ENTIRE BODY EXCEPT FOR YOUR HEAD? Anakin:Nothing. (his head flops off the table and rolls towards the door) I'm going out for a walk.
Sorry, but it just hit me that the toughest writing of gls career is gonna be juggling the marraige and the secret sith transformation

Obi-Don
01-21-2002, 02:46 AM
I know that this is not movie,but I thought I read in Shadows of the Emp. that Vader lost his hand due to punishment for letting the rebels blow up the 1st death star. The Emperor is not as forgiving.

Co Jo-Da
01-21-2002, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Obi-Don
I know that this is not movie,but I thought I read in Shadows of the Emp. that Vader lost his hand due to punishment for letting the rebels blow up the 1st death star. The Emperor is not as forgiving.

That will surely change by Episode III (if not before), when Vader/Anakin is transformed from completely human to 'more machine than man'.

chewie
01-21-2002, 07:34 PM
I think by the time ANH came arouind, Vader got as much electronics in him as he was gonna get.

If he was punished for the destruction of the Death Star (the only reason I could think for this would be that he was the sole survivor of the incident and there was no one else left to punish), then I think the emporer just gave him a few good blasts of force lightning.