PDA

View Full Version : Smallville Season 5

Tycho
09-14-2005, 10:03 AM
Well somebody has to start it. Lois not Lana graces the cover of the season 4 DVD set soon to be released btw.

With the movie coming and the ship landed, there's going to be a lot to discuss this season. When's the premier?

JetsAndHeels
09-14-2005, 10:09 AM
First off, welcome back Tycho. Glad to see you here again.

The season 5 premiere will be on Thursday, 9/29 at 8pm.
There is going to be alot going on this time around. My brain is on overload from all the info I have taken in...I won't give anything away this time I promise, but I just want to say this should be a great season!!

Season 4 on dvd was released yesterday. It shall be in my possession very soon.

jaxx
09-14-2005, 10:25 AM
How many discs is season 4 going to have??? 6???

I've never actually watched the show on TV because my schedule is so busy. I've had to play catch up with the first 3 seasons on DVD, and I've been waiting for the fourth to hit the shelves. I think I'm going to have to start taping the 5th season, as I am not technologically advanced and do not have a DVR or Tevo.

JetsAndHeels
09-14-2005, 10:29 AM
How many discs is season 4 going to have??? 6???

I've never actually watched the show on TV because my schedule is so busy. I've had to play catch up with the first 3 seasons on DVD, and I've been waiting for the fourth to hit the shelves. I think I'm going to have to start taping the 5th season, as I am not technologically advanced and do not have a DVR or Tevo.

6 disc set for season 4.

And I just have to say one thing...I posted this in the season 4 thread a few weeks back so it technically isn't groundbreaking information, but Carrie Fisher will be in the October 27th episode, starring as Daily Planet editor Pauline Kahn.

megaprime33
09-14-2005, 10:34 AM
It's Tycho yay!!! Welcome Back!

I can't wait for this new season to start. So much is going to be happening. There is a superman villian joining the cast, a well known villian, and I am very excited about that. The only problem is it airs the same time as the OC, which I also enjoy. I have no idea what to do.

JetsAndHeels
09-14-2005, 10:36 AM
I can't wait for this new season to start. So much is going to be happening. There is a superman villian joining the cast, a well known villian, and I am very excited about that.

Yeah, it should help "spike" the ratings a bit.

megaprime33
09-14-2005, 10:43 AM
Yeah, it should help "spike" the ratings a bit.
RIMSHOT! Nice one :thumbsup:

jaxx
09-14-2005, 05:30 PM
You'll have to forgive me... I'm a bit behind and uniformed on "things to come" in the world of Smallville.
Which villain is going to be in the show?

JediTricks
09-14-2005, 07:11 PM
*SPOILER*

The villain coming on the show is Braniac, I believe.

JetsAndHeels
09-14-2005, 08:58 PM
Thats right JT....James Marsters as Dr. Milton Fine, aka Brainiac

SPOILER AHEAD

Who came to smallville along with 2 other kryptonians aboard the black ship that landed in the season 4 finale

megaprime33
09-15-2005, 07:23 AM
The other great thing about this new season is....
SPOILER ALERT

There fortress of solitude will be featured. That's going to be great seeing clark in there and probably learning more about Krypton and such. I can't wait.

Slicker
09-15-2005, 07:40 PM
I got totally hooked on this show last season and I'm pretty caught up with the other seasons through reruns. I only started watching it for Lana (hot damn Kristin Kruek is hot :love: ) but I ended the season watching it for the story. I can't wait until it starts up again.

Tycho
09-15-2005, 09:04 PM
I love Kristin Kruek!

JetsAndHeels
09-15-2005, 10:38 PM
Kristin is great, but I prefer Erica myself.

Slicker
09-16-2005, 02:21 AM
I love Kristin Kruek!Back off !! She's all mine.:p

Like I said she was the reason I started watching the show. After I first saw her in Eurotrip (what a freaky little sex puppet) I had to check it out and I've been in love ever since. Same with Gilmore Girls but that's a whole different thread...

JetsAndHeels
09-16-2005, 12:52 PM
Just got my season 4 dvd set.
Gonna be a smallville/football weekend!!

Slicker
09-27-2005, 07:37 PM
Only 2 more days. And believe it or not as I type this I just saw a commercial for the 5th season on the WB (I'm watching Gilmore Girls you wanna fight about it). Should be good and Kristin looks smokin'.

Tycho
09-29-2005, 11:12 PM
Dang that was good!

One of the best episodes ever and it set up Superman 2.

I'm surprised I'm the frist one posting about tonight.

JetsAndHeels
09-29-2005, 11:23 PM
Yeah it was a great episode. I taped it, then just went back and watched it again. Already feeling more of a Superman mode on the show, which is very good. Love the special effects, as always, especially the ending with braniac coming out of the ship.

Tycho
09-29-2005, 11:39 PM
They added Lois (Erica) to the main cast as well.

I didn't know that (Spike) was brainiac - I thought he was General Zod.

JetsAndHeels
09-29-2005, 11:54 PM
Sorry, didn't mean to give anything away.

But since I have he will be braniac/Professor Milton Fine.

Slicker
09-30-2005, 02:28 AM
Definitely a great episode. I'm really glad that I started to watch this show last year. Finally Clark and Lana look like they may hook up after all of my yelling at the screen last year that they should. Stupid Chloe and Lois getting in the way. *shakes fist*

JediTricks
09-30-2005, 01:44 PM
In some ways, that was a good ep, but in others it was too much like a Smallville production of Superman II, and those Zod kids got smoked pretty easy after all the set-up, no real big fight. Clark's promise to return by sundown, was that sundown in Kansas or sundown at the fortress of solitude (which they really shouldn't have called by name IMO, especially since just like Superman II anybody can just waltz right in making it neither)? Because if it means at the Krypto-crib, the sun doesn't go down there for months at a time since it's in the polar region.

JetsAndHeels
10-01-2005, 10:55 AM
The only real purpose that Nam-Ek and Aethyr served, IMO, was to be the way Braniac came to earth. Sure they tried to get Clark to help them rule the earth, but in all reality we knew they would not be a big part of the plot. Now the ship is on earth, and Braniac is present.
And the plot thickens.

Droid
10-02-2005, 04:08 PM
Clark's promise to return by sundown, was that sundown in Kansas or sundown at the fortress of solitude (which they really shouldn't have called by name IMO, especially since just like Superman II anybody can just waltz right in making it neither)?

I thought that Chloe was getting frozen by the Fortress' defenses since she was fine (though probably cold) when she was outside.

It was a good episode; I enjoyed it. I like when they use art design from the movies, like the Fortress and Phantom Zone rectangle.

BUT, the quick elimination of the two supervillains sucked. How come Clark can never just crawl away from Kryptonite but they can? Why didn't Lana just take Kryptonite to the hospital? How did she know the villains were at the hospital? Why was Lex at the Kents, just waiting for Clark? How in the world did Lex find Chloe? I am so tired of him being able to do anything just because he is a powerful person. Why was Lionel scratching the floor? I thought it was dumb that Jor-El just took Clark's powers away and also think it is dumb that Jor-El seems to be some sort of God, able to do absolutely anything from beyond the grave. At first he was tied to the ship, Clark blew it up, and now he's just everywhere.

Still though, it was a good episode.

I like Chloe and Clark's relationship, even though it is not to be. They have given the fans more reasons to want to see them together than to want to see Clark with Lana or Lois.

Anyone know who the person was that the episode was dedicated to?

JediTricks
10-04-2005, 06:30 PM
I thought that Chloe was getting frozen by the Fortress' defenses since she was fine (though probably cold) when she was outside.it only went into action when she actually touched the thing around Clark though, up until then she could have wandered around all day apparently.

You brought up a lot of good points that I hadn't thought about in that ep.

Anyone know who the person was that the episode was dedicated to?Smallville writer/producer Jeph Loeb's son, Sam, who recently died from cancer at age 17.

JediTricks
10-07-2005, 02:14 PM
Did anybody notice how Clark figured out that the main baddy this week was drawing his power from the house's electricity? It seemed like they sprung that concept on us fairly late in the game just so they could have Clark kick his *** without superpowers - I wanted to see Clark use that sledgehammer on the guy, that would have been cool. Other than that, it ws a mostly "eh" episode.

Tycho
10-08-2005, 01:12 AM
That was Lemon-Head from "The Shield." Cool. Huh?

Slicker
10-08-2005, 01:59 AM
Yeah, I thought it was an alright episode but without his damn super powers it's not as exciting. Hopefully he gets his powers back soon.

Droid
10-10-2005, 10:40 AM
The episode was just OK. I agree Superman without powers is just man. And that isn't a show.

mrmiller
10-14-2005, 02:01 AM
This was one of the better Smallvilles I've seen in a while. It gives me hope for the show that I felt was starting to grow stale. Then again, if they do away with the whole "witch" sub-plot it has to be getting better.

=MATT=

Slicker
10-14-2005, 02:16 AM
It was indeed a good episode. I'm glad Clark FINALLY got his powers back. I know it was only a couple of episodes without them but it was boring.

BTW, did they show who was gonna be "sacrificed" for Clark getting his powers back?

JetsAndHeels
10-14-2005, 11:27 AM
BTW, did they show who was gonna be "sacrificed" for Clark getting his powers back?

No, knowing the show and how the writing is we won't know for a few episodes. Next week will take a different turn with Aquaman.

Droid
10-14-2005, 11:58 AM
It was a good episode. So does Clark just accept that he CAN fly now? (Or was that a leap?) Being in space would cure him of his fear of flights I hope. Cracks me up that his clothes were only torn and singed after exiting and reentering the Earth's atmosphere.

Nature didn't fall out of balance when Clark lost his powers. It is REALLY stupid that someone has to die for Clark to "come back". And why wouldn't that person die right away?

I am agitated that they act like Clark CHOSE to give up his powers or CHOSE to defy Jor-El about returning to the Fortress. He lost his powers because he was fighting Supervillains and COULDN'T make it back.

My money is on Jonathon being the one that will die, though I hope not. Let's all remember we areed this is a spoiler free forum. So we can speculate on whose going to die, but nobody spill the beans. (Promos for the next week do not count as spoilers).

I think it is pushing it a bit that everyone just accepts that Clark came back from the dead. What exactly was Lana told? I'm with Lex, "And you're telling me this guy is normal?"

Why wouldn't he just tell Lana his secret? Because the meteor shower killed his parents? Are they going to continue with "relations" now that he has his powers back?

JediTricks
10-14-2005, 02:09 PM
Good ep with some frustrating parts. Killing Clark seemed really out there and I didn't buy it, they have less than 30 minutes before the missile launches and yet they only try to resuscitate Clark for a minute before announcing he was dead - that wasn't the only timeline frustration either.

Nature didn't fall out of balance when Clark lost his powers. It is REALLY stupid that someone has to die for Clark to "come back". And why wouldn't that person die right away?Yeah, this seemed to be a total cheap shot element to make Clark miserable.

My money is on Jonathon being the one that will die, though I hope not. Let's all remember we areed this is a spoiler free forum. So we can speculate on whose going to die, but nobody spill the beans. (Promos for the next week do not count as spoilers).It's possible after the heart thing, and the old Superman lore had his parents dead (first dad, then mom, then they died together on a trip after contracting a disease, then they weren't dead, then dad was again but came back for one issue... ), but considering Chloe isn't part of the main Supes lore, I'm guessing that she's going to ultimately get the axe which is too bad because honestly she's far more interesting and fun and Lois Lane-y than the actual character on this show.

Why wouldn't he just tell Lana his secret? Because the meteor shower killed his parents? Are they going to continue with "relations" now that he has his powers back?Yeah, what is up with not telling her at this point? Seems totally fruitless, and in Supes lore she had been let in on it since high school IIRC. They can't get naked now, you see, because that'd show he had no scar, get it? That's why the set up that scene. Granted, he could just say it was plastic surgery, but that'd be thinking and nobody does that in Smallville.

Anybody else notice that when Chloe and nutboy were fighting over the gun that it was locked back in the empty position?

scruffziller
10-16-2005, 06:46 PM
Yea, the season is starting off rather well. I really like all the nods to the movies at this point, it is about time!!! But it can also signify that the show is winding down, it almost has to. The other shows were pretty much "stallings" to get to this point. But I don't think Lex and Clark are going to have a friendly moment anymore now. Lex's evil colors are really shining through and it is awesome!!!!:thumbsup:

Tycho
10-21-2005, 12:00 AM
Tonight I got to see a lot of gratuitious shots of Lois Lane in a bikini :love: and Aquaman go at it with Lex Luthor:twisted: . Unfortunately he did not release the Sea Monkeys, but no show is perfect. Since when is Luthorcorp going into defense contracting? They had no premise to set this up. That's all I'd ask for - and a dolphin for Aquaman to act with. Vampires next week? (lame)

Droid
10-21-2005, 09:56 AM
I still think a multi-episode young Bruce Wayne thing would be fun.

The episode was fine. It moved pretty quickly. I like the way Clark and Lex are relating to each other right now.

I thought the Brainiac stuff was enjoyable.

No Jonathon or Martha.

So last episode Clark is talking about how he will have to avoid people asking to see the scar and this week he just runs around at the beach without a his shirt.

And it appears he and Lana are still having a good time. I still think that it would kill her. I know on Lois and Clark and in the comics they don't act like there would be anything to stop "relations", but in the Superman movies they suggested it was not possible. Quite difficult to discuss why this would kill her without being graphic.

Aquaman seemed a little too "main character from Starship Troopers I can't think of the name of right now" for my tastes.

Vampires. I thought we were over this junk, that we had moved on since the witch plot, that perhaps the producers figured out this stuff is STUPID.

And are they doing the whole thing just to have that guy who is playing Brainiac make the joke about vampires since he was Spike on Buffy? Lame.

JetsAndHeels
10-21-2005, 09:54 PM
Aquaman seemed a little too "main character from Starship Troopers I can't think of the name of right now" for my tastes.

Casper Van Dien was the Starship Troopers guy. And actually aquaman was an American Idol reject. :yes:

Vampires. I thought we were over this junk, that we had moved on since the witch plot, that perhaps the producers figured out this stuff is STUPID.

This is just filler material for the time upto when the chosen individual will die in return for Clark's powers. Another episode to get us 1 week further into the plot. Appears lame, but last season the episode "Spell " looked the same to me but it ended up being one of my fav episodes.

And are they doing the whole thing just to have that guy who is playing Brainiac make the joke about vampires since he was Spike on Buffy? Lame.

Probably so. However I think James Marsters is good as Professor Fine right now. Can't really make a judgement on him as Braniac yet, but I am willing to bet he will nail that as well.

JediTricks
10-23-2005, 12:26 AM
Tonight I got to see a lot of gratuitious shots of Lois Lane in a bikini :love: As much as I enjoy the female form, Erica Durance in a bikini just didn't do much for me, she's not unattractive or disfigured or anything, but it came off more as a *shrug* "yup, there she is" thing than a "yowza" thing. BTW, we saw her in 2 different bikinis, not that I noticed or anything. :p

Unfortunately he did not release the Sea Monkeys, but no show is perfect. I *really* doubt I want to know what you meant by that. :D

Since when is Luthorcorp going into defense contracting? They had no premise to set this up. I guess that's why it was a SECRET project.

Vampires next week? (lame)I gotta admit, you nailed it with that comment.

I thought the Brainiac stuff was enjoyable.Yeah, that was fairly good stuff.

So last episode Clark is talking about how he will have to avoid people asking to see the scar and this week he just runs around at the beach without a his shirt.I checked 'cause I had the same thought, he was wearing a bandage.

And it appears he and Lana are still having a good time. I still think that it would kill her. I know on Lois and Clark and in the comics they don't act like there would be anything to stop "relations", but in the Superman movies they suggested it was not possible. Quite difficult to discuss why this would kill her without being graphic.Let's please be very careful how we tread here. Anyway, I think like any other situation, Clark would have to hold back and keep his true strength and such in check.

Aquaman seemed a little too "main character from Starship Troopers I can't think of the name of right now" for my tastes.Rico? Physicality alone, Aquaman was WAY more buff than Casper van Dien was in that movie. I was kinda surprised at how built the Aquaman actor was here really, usually they don't go too much bigger than Tom Welling so he doesn't look outclassed I suppose.

And are they doing the whole thing just to have that guy who is playing Brainiac make the joke about vampires since he was Spike on Buffy? Lame.Didn't the trailer even make a sly quip on that? It does seem a little lame.

And actually aquaman was an American Idol reject. :yes:Really? I thought he did pretty good, I guess even American Idol can have talent... by accident.

I thought this ep was fairly entertaining on the superhero level. They made a lot of references to various comic stuff, the only one I really thought was totally goofy crap was the "Junior Lifeguards Association" bit which I nailed as "JLA" (Justice League of America, a group of DC superheroes, for the uninitiated) far before they actually said that part.

Droid
10-23-2005, 03:42 PM
Let's please be very careful how we tread here. Anyway, I think like any other situation, Clark would have to hold back and keep his true strength and such in check.

Don't worry. I am not going to really go into this. You don't have to worry about inappropriate posts from me. I will say that my point is not about Clark accidentally hurting her. More along the lines of the old "what if" comic book D.C. did years and years ago where Lois got pregnant and died when the baby kicked her.

JediTricks
10-24-2005, 08:04 PM
Wow, DC really went there? That's pretty good from them, I expected that type of thinking in mainstream media only from Kevin Smith. :p Perhaps Clark & Lana are using protection, I hadn't considered the pregnancy angle before.

Droid
10-25-2005, 10:02 AM
Wow, DC really went there? That's pretty good from them, I expected that type of thinking in mainstream media only from Kevin Smith. :p Perhaps Clark & Lana are using protection, I hadn't considered the pregnancy angle before.

It was part of a three part "what if" series. One of the what ifs was Batman having to fight Superman because he was taking over the world (similar to when Superman had to fight Batman in The Dark Knight Returns or whatever that graphic novel was). The second issue was Superman becoming President. The third was Lois dying from the baby.

The Lois and Clark TV show made it clear that human-Kryptonian DNA was not compatible and that conception would not be possible.

But since you brought it up, JediTricks, my concern isn't so much with a pregnancy. Since you mention protection, I do not believe it would work (as discussed in Mallrats). I think Clark's DNA let loose in a human woman's body might well kill her. I won't be more graphic than that.

I know I am putting a bit too much thought into this. ;)

JediTricks
10-25-2005, 05:38 PM
Yeah, Bats and Supes duked it out in Dark Knight Returns pretty good, so a rerun of that would make a decent what-if.

Lois & Clark also said that Clark was a virgin before his wedding night, so that's right out. Not that we were taking that show seriously, or do we just accept that angels brought Lois & Clark a super-orphan baby too? :p

I honestly don't think fluid mechanics would support Kevin Smith's interpretation of that occurance. Like when Clark sneezes or exhales or something, he's not knocking down half the Daily Planet even when it's involuntary.

Tycho
10-26-2005, 01:07 AM
Watch me terrorize the mod staff by just THINKING about commenting along this topic line. He-he-heh.:D

Droid
10-26-2005, 10:41 AM
Lois & Clark also said that Clark was a virgin before his wedding night, so that's right out. Not that we were taking that show seriously, or do we just accept that angels brought Lois & Clark a super-orphan baby too? :p

I honestly don't think fluid mechanics would support Kevin Smith's interpretation of that occurance. Like when Clark sneezes or exhales or something, he's not knocking down half the Daily Planet even when it's involuntary.

No, I don't put any stock in Lois & Clark. I thought the show turned into a ridiculous "guest of the week" farce. I am only referring to its particular take on the issue at hand.

I am attempting to be appropriate on this. If I cross the line, let me know and feel free to strike the post.

Clark sneezes and exhales just as a human would, not with some sort of human force.

I would argue germs do not or cannot live in Clark's body, so first of all he may not sneeze. He may only pretend to sneeze. When he sneezes he does not let loose "Super boogers". If he does sneeze and if he has anything in his body to sneeze he would only sneeze out Earth junk. When he exhales he just expels Earth carbon dioxide.

I would note that Superman can choose to use Super breath and that in Superman III he used a sneeze as a cover to use Super force to destroy bowling pins (not a great moment in cinematic history).

My premise is not that all of Clark's biological functions occur on some uncontrollable Super Kryptonian level. I do not suggest that if you bang Clark's leg with a hammer he must kick with Super force. (Then again would Clark's leg react to the reflex hammer?)

My point is that with sneezing or exhaling Clark is not letting loose Kryptonian DNA he can no longer control as in the discussion at hand. Clark's DNA would carry out its typical missions, but with Kryptonian properties. I theorize that Clark's DNA would travel through someone's body, millions of particles, perhaps at Super speed. Would the DNA survive for an extended time whereas typical human DNA can only survive a short time? Would it go right through any tissue that human DNA would otherwise bounce off of? Would it remain restrained to the part of the body that such DNA is intended to stay in? Or would it travel throughout the entire human body, creating millions of tiny holes along the way as it fruitlessly searched for the Kryptonian counterpart it needed to fulfill its mission?

Clark woud be allowing Kryptonian DNA to exit his body with all of its Kryptonian properties and perhaps powers. I think it would be at best a dangerous proposition and at worst fatal.

scruffziller
10-26-2005, 02:06 PM
Clark woud be allowing Kryptonian DNA to exit his body with all of its Kryptonian properties and perhaps powers. I think it would be at best a dangerous proposition and at worst fatal.

Yep because even when not part of his body, they posses the power therin. Example, Supes IV the hair he donated to the science center.

Droid
10-26-2005, 02:24 PM
Example, Supes IV the hair he donated to the science center.

Dumbest part of that movie (of which there are SO many), is that Lex breaks the glass in the museum and uses hedge clippers or wire cutters or something to just snip the hair (which can hold a 1 ton weight or whatever).

Then again, Nuclear Man flying Mariel Hemmingway into space, her surviving entering and exiting the atmosphere. Her being let go of by Nuclear Man and starting to fall back to Earth screaming were pretty darned stupid.

JediTricks
10-27-2005, 09:11 PM
Watch me terrorize the mod staff by just THINKING about commenting along this topic line. He-he-heh.:D
The horror! The horror!

I would argue germs do not or cannot live in Clark's body, so first of all he may not sneeze. He may only pretend to sneeze. When he sneezes he does not let loose "Super boogers". If he does sneeze and if he has anything in his body to sneeze he would only sneeze out Earth junk. When he exhales he just expels Earth carbon dioxide.I think occasionally in the comics Clark has caught an illness, sometimes from kryptonite and sometimes from some foreign space bug.

and that in Superman III he used a sneeze as a cover to use Super force to destroy bowling pins (not a great moment in cinematic history).Oh yeah, because the rest of that film was GENIUS! ;)

My point is that with sneezing or exhaling Clark is not letting loose Kryptonian DNA he can no longer control as in the discussion at hand. Clark's DNA would carry out its typical missions, but with Kryptonian properties. I theorize that Clark's DNA would travel through someone's body, millions of particles, perhaps at Super speed. Would the DNA survive for an extended time whereas typical human DNA can only survive a short time? Would it go right through any tissue that human DNA would otherwise bounce off of? Would it remain restrained to the part of the body that such DNA is intended to stay in? Or would it travel throughout the entire human body, creating millions of tiny holes along the way as it fruitlessly searched for the Kryptonian counterpart it needed to fulfill its mission?We're not told that Kryptonian DNA acts any differently than any other DNA, and on Krypton the people weren't super-powered. And a bull is much stronger than a human but its sperm isn't. Clark's skin cells aren't covering his bed and room from being super strong, are they? Eww, what a thought! He sloughs off skin and it can't be vacuumed up, disgusting!

Can't we pretend Supes 4 never happened? We don't need a quest for peace if it's gonna suck THAT bad! :p

JetsAndHeels
10-27-2005, 11:24 PM
Can't we pretend Supes 4 never happened? We don't need a quest for peace if it's gonna suck THAT bad! :p

Quest for Peace is the greatest film ever made.
Don't act like you don't love it. :D

Tycho
10-28-2005, 01:05 AM
A lot to love about tonight though.

Carrie Fisher on Smallville. Aside from requiring a sequel co-starring Jenny Craig, she was really good. Her face is still very pretty. You can see a Princess in there. So Perry White will take over for her eventually? Will her character "Pauline Kahn" recurr. Was that a play on Star Trek The Wrath of Khan or CNN's Paula Zahn?

The story with "the professor" Brainiac is much more interesting than the "A-story" with the vampire sorority girls, though the jacuzzi scene was hot. So was Lana's heat vision. Lois, Martha, Johnathon, and Lionnel were nowhere to be seen IIRC.

I'm going to let someone else say something.

Slicker
10-28-2005, 01:34 AM
Anyone else catch the name of the vampire project? Project 1138. Seems kinda odd that they'd just happen to pick those 4 numbers at random so there must be a fan on the show (I haven't been with the show since the beginning so I'm not sure). I was sleeping until about 8:30 so I missed most of the show but what I saw was pretty decent. I just can't wait until next weeks show. Lois as a stripper.:lipsrseal Hubba hubba.

Tycho
10-28-2005, 01:48 AM
Michael Rosenbaum (Lex Luthor) is a Star Wars collector.

Droid
10-28-2005, 07:13 AM
And a bull is much stronger than a human but its sperm isn't.

I try to be so careful on how I phrase everything and a MODERATOR is the first to use the s-word!

Actually Superman 4 was a pretty good book. Apparently there was also a 2 1/2-3 hour cut that was much better that the studio slashed. I'd like to see a DVD release of the extended version. (Same goes for Superman II, but I'd REALLY like to see that).

Kind of rushed now, I'll comment on what I thought was a TERRIBLE epsiode of Smallville later.

JetsAndHeels
10-28-2005, 10:41 AM
Best part of the episode:

Braniac/Professor Fine putting the old T2 knife trick on the security guard.
I love where the story with him is going.

JediTricks
10-28-2005, 10:08 PM
Carrie Fisher on Smallville. Aside from requiring a sequel co-starring Jenny Craig, she was really good. Her face is still very pretty. You can see a Princess in there.Geez Tycho, she wasn't the blob. I thought she was pretty good, her acerbic style lately fits well with the idea of a newspaper editor, a female Perry White.

The story with "the professor" Brainiac is much more interesting than the "A-story" with the vampire sorority girls, though the jacuzzi scene was hot. So was Lana's heat vision.I didn't think the hot tub scene was much of anything, but Lana using heat vision to kill that girl was pretty crazy. Other than that, I agree with you that the Brainiac story elements were far and away the superior part of the show, in fact I found the vampire part to be really quite awful, and if this is a flashback telling from Chloe's story, why are we seeing Lana & Clark's real names, and Clark's powers?

Honestly, I thought the vampire parts were pretty much terrible, I couldn't think of a worse ep off the top of my head.

I just can't wait until next weeks show. Lois as a stripper.:lipsrseal Hubba hubba.Meh, once again she's not doing much for me both in story and in appeal. That preview seemed like a teaser from Lois & Clark more than Smallville, I hope that's not what this show is becoming.

Actually Superman 4 was a pretty good book. Apparently there was also a 2 1/2-3 hour cut that was much better that the studio slashed.I hadn't heard about a longer cut, but the notion of the novelization and longer cut of the movie reminds me of the phrase about "polishing a turd". :p

I try to be so careful on how I phrase everything and a MODERATOR is the first to use the s-word!it's not verboten when used in a soft-clinical discussion, anything beyond that would probably be the breaking point.

scruffziller
10-29-2005, 12:50 PM
Michael Rosenbaum (Lex Luthor) is a Star Wars collector.

Michael Rosenbaum may have had some influence on getting Carrie Fisher on the show. And if that is the case, he may also be a Star Trek fan so gave her the last name Kahn.:D Which was appropriate.
It's too bad Ms Fisher's career as an actress was left at the bottom of a bottle(and other places). It's clear her acting talent is still in full force.:yes:

But, Man oh man....

The scene where Brains waltzs into Lex's office and counterblackmails him with the info he has, was priceless. The look on Lex's face was just too much.

scruffziller
10-30-2005, 02:15 AM
Also found out who is making a guest appearance on Smallville coming up...

none other than........ Tom Wopat!!!!:D

............Just a good ol' boys.........

Tycho
10-30-2005, 06:54 AM
I predict he and Johnathon Kent will be in a high speed car chase that will leave the ground and Sherrif Adams' patrol car will end up jumping into Crater Lake.

scruffziller
10-30-2005, 08:25 AM
I predict he and Johnathon Kent will be in a high speed car chase that will leave the ground and Sherrif Adams' patrol car will end up jumping into Crater Lake. Yea, I bet you are right because Tom is playing some sort of politician.

Droid
11-04-2005, 09:34 AM
I thought last week's episode was one of the worst I have ever seen. I like the Professor Fine stuff, but despised that vampire stuff.

Did they suggest in that episode that Clark and Lana no longer were physically involved? Lana made some suggestion that they had stopped.

Last night's was very good. No "freak of the week". Just a story involving Superman.

Could they have one episode where Clark doesn't burst into Lex's mansion accusing him of something?

Jonathon Kent should not run for Congress. He has an alien living in his house that was adopted under shady circumstances. Does he really want the spotlight?

No Martha or Lionel in two weeks. And no Lana either!

I liked the Duzes of Hazzard references.

Tycho
11-04-2005, 12:14 PM
Yea, I bet you are right because Tom is playing some sort of politician.

I am always right. :pleased:

But I wished we could have seen Lana as a stripper too!

JediTricks
11-04-2005, 01:49 PM
This ep was ok, a little on the Lois & Clark side but not as bad as I feared. A little straightforward when all was said and done, but I guess that's how it'd be when they were just starting out. Wopat is a pretty good actor I think, but he wasn't delivering fully in this one, could have been wonky directing. The various nods to the Dukes were awesome, of course, and having Wopat's character show up in a '68 Charger (the General Lee was actually a '69, but they modified lots of '68s during the original show to double for it) where he had to slide in the window was awesome... it even had the right wheels (those wheels are the key feature to getting the look of the General right IMO). Wopat stepping down at the end seemed a little lame to me, like they ran out of gas and didn't know how to end his story - if Jonathan goes into politics, it's not going to work at all even if they do another "pulling the rug out" like with Martha's pregnancy. Erica Durance continues to be boring IMO, not awful but not sexy and not very Lois-like.

Anybody notice that they finally confirmed Metropolis is in Kansas? I thought that was not great because Metropolis has a major harbor and islands but Kansas doesn't have any major lakes or rivers.

Could they have one episode where Clark doesn't burst into Lex's mansion accusing him of something?AHAHAHAHAHA!!! You totally nailed it with that one, you are SO right! When did this bit become such a cliche on the show?

Tycho
11-04-2005, 03:49 PM
I don't think Johnathon is seriously going to run for the Senate. There are only 2 Senators per state and its much more high-profile than House of Representatives. John Kerry and John Edwards and John McCain are Senators. Someone with wealth and public name recognition like Lex Luthor (in Smallville fiction) could realistically win - but farmer John? Lex is supposed to become President, so it makes sense. But John keeps an alien on his farm and had a spaceship in his basement (not that he wouldn't be the better man).

scruffziller
11-05-2005, 05:50 PM
But I wished we could have seen Lana as a stripper too!

Did the energy need to be wasted to your fingers to type that.........when we already were thinking it.....:D

JetsAndHeels
11-05-2005, 05:58 PM
This wasn't a bad episode at all. When I first saw the pics and previews of it a few weeks ago I figured it was just some lame attempt to get Lois in the strip club. However I liked the plot of this one, how Wopat's character was involved and how Lex fit into all of it.
My only real complaint was no Braniac and no Lionel.
Splinter next week looks very promising.

Droid
11-07-2005, 10:36 AM
I don't think Johnathon is seriously going to run for the Senate. There are only 2 Senators per state and its much more high-profile than House of Representatives. John Kerry and John Edwards and John McCain are Senators. Someone with wealth and public name recognition like Lex Luthor (in Smallville fiction) could realistically win - but farmer John? Lex is supposed to become President, so it makes sense. But John keeps an alien on his farm and had a spaceship in his basement (not that he wouldn't be the better man).

I think they are referring to Kansas' State Senate, not the national Senate.

They blew up the spaceship in the basement (I know you weren't being literal).

I totally dug the nod to the orignal Superman movie helicopter rescue. Thought it was funny that this time Clark hooked the helicopter rather than the helicopter getting hooked on its own necessitating a rescue.

JetsAndHeels
11-09-2005, 11:38 AM
Hey guys,
Here is the official description for tomorrow night's episode, entitled "Splinter."

Clark (Tom Welling) is exposed to silver kryptonite, causing him to have paranoid delusions. The silver kryptonite makes him believe that Chloe (Allison Mack) is going to reveal his secret, Jonathan (John Schneider) is scheming against him with Lionel (John Glover) and Lex (Michael Rosenbaum) and Lana (Kristin Kreuk) are having a secret relationship. Chloe and the Kents frantically search for a cure, but it is Professor Fine (guest star James Marsters) who comes to Clark's rescue - but not without an agenda.

Erica Durance, John Glover and Annette O'Toole also star. Steve DeKnight wrote the episode directed by Greg Beeman.

scruffziller
11-13-2005, 02:15 PM
Splinter was an excellent ep. Tom Welling delivered a stunning performance.
Has silver Kryptonite been used in the comics? But I am confused now, is the professor really Brainiac; saying that he is a Kryptonian. The only thing that makes me think so is when he "poured" out of the ship- ala T-1000.

JetsAndHeels
11-13-2005, 06:43 PM
Has silver Kryptonite been used in the comics? But I am confused now, is the professor really Brainiac; saying that he is a Kryptonian. The only thing that makes me think so is when he "poured" out of the ship- ala T-1000.

I am not 100% on the Silver Kryptonite issue, but I do not think it was one of the colors in the comic series. At least from what I have read in the comics (been reading for several years now) I don't recall the Silver Kryptonite. Someone correct me if I am wrong here. :yes:

And yes, Professor Fine is indeed Braniac. They are taking a more Terminator 2 type angle with this version, but I really like how its working so far. In the comics, Professor Fine was actually Braniac, a humanoid type. Then later in the more modern issues Braniac is a computer based lifeform, going from Braniac to Braniac 2.5 and now currently Braniac 13.
Not to give too much away here, but next week we will see a bit of his evil side directed towards Clark.

JediTricks
11-13-2005, 07:01 PM
I am not 100% on the Silver Kryptonite issue, but I do not think it was one of the colors in the comic series. At least from what I have read in the comics (been reading for several years now) I don't recall the Silver Kryptonite. Someone correct me if I am wrong here. :yes:From what I have read, there was a Silver Kryptonite in a single issue of the comic, and silver kryptonite in that issue was a hoax in the story, it didn't actually exist.

I thought this ep was really good, and Welling delivered a very good performance, though the makeup made him look like he was 30 (which is close to his real age), if Welling can "man up" his voice to sound like an adult, he would have been a MUUUUCH better choice than the new movie's Brandon Routh (Tom Welling is still a better choice IMO, but his voice comes off soft like a younger person). Marsters as Prof Fine was really good in this ep, I like how he played Clark so that the scene with Clark and him in the parking lot felt real and we were never sure if some or all of it was, I kinda wish he was a show regular and his secret hadn't been revealed yet.

JetsAndHeels
11-13-2005, 07:07 PM
if Welling can "man up" his voice to sound like an adult, he would have been a MUUUUCH better choice than the new movie's Brandon Routh (Tom Welling is still a better choice IMO, but his voice comes off soft like a younger person).

Without getting too far off the Smallville topic, I think using another actor is a good decision for the movie. The idea of the show is to portray Clark Kent as he grows up, not Superman the character. I think Bryan Singer's decision to use Routh was because both parties (the show and the movie) decided to keep their distance, not crossing too many paths and plotlines.
I don't know much about this Routh character but I trust Bryan Singer.
I am just as excited for this movie as any other..and yes that includes Star Wars. :thumbsup:

JetsAndHeels
11-16-2005, 09:35 PM
OH MY GOD!! I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED!! Tomorrow night during the episode of Smallville the wb is going to air the teaser trailer for Superman Returns!! Now I don't have to go spend money on Harry Potter to see it!! Plus it will be online after 9pm, eastern time!!

THIS IS GREAT!!
ONLY 21 HOURS TO GO!!
Time to party!! whoo whoo

Daz
11-18-2005, 01:58 PM
Seeing as though they seem to be referencing Zod alot this season wouldn't it be cool if it was revealed that Zod had just been impersonating Jor El these last few years, it would certainly fit in with Jor els calls for clark to conquer the puny humans in season 1 or 2(i'm not sure), besides which stamp is the original Zod any way.

JediTricks
11-18-2005, 07:25 PM
I dunno, I think after last night's actions, it seems to be saying that Stamp is *not* Zod on this show, which I don't have a problem with. Honestly though, there are times when the writers just cheese me off so bad, like last night, where so much trouble could have been cleared up by a character (like Jor El) simply explaining what he was doing a little more.

Did anybody else get the feeling Lex's shiny black piano at the end was a reference to Prof Fine's ship, suggesting Fine is now in Lex's head and he doesn't even know it?

It was a good ep overall, felt much more like a Superman story, but I wish it had been drawn out a lot more, it felt like they could have stretched this into 3 eps easy. But at least we all got a sales pitch for the Ford Fusion, that's what really counts, right?

JetsAndHeels
11-18-2005, 09:53 PM
I loved last night's episode. I really enjoy the eps that take the more Superman approach. However I must warn everyone, the next new episode is gonna be bad...at least that's what all indications tell me. The "Lexmas" episode is one of those overused, Lex gets visited by a Christmas spirit and finds out what his life could be like plots. Yeah, one of those.
Anyway, if anyone missed the season 4 finale, WB will air that and the season 5 premiere back to back on December 15th starting at 8pm.

Tycho
01-12-2006, 11:28 PM
It shocked me tonight that they got that hot chick to flip out and shave her head Lex Luthor style!

With all the campaign finance scandals going around, Martha Kent should have known better than to have taken Luthor money. That's going to be a big scandal.

Clark frustrates the heck out of me. I love Kristen Kruek so I'd love someone I like to be with Lana. Why doesn't he just tell her already? She totally suspects it and Lana's not stupid.

Lois is looking hotter this season, BTW.

JediTricks
01-13-2006, 03:15 PM
It shocked me tonight that they got that hot chick to flip out and shave her head Lex Luthor style!It was possibly also an homage to Taxi Driver when Travis Bickle shaves his head into a mohawk before attempting to kill Senator Palantine, that's certainly the vibe I got at first.

This ep was a weird one, there were some good talking parts, only 1 action scene which I thought was asking a bit much from the audience, and ultimately nothing really felt like it got accomplished story-wise except that some stuff did and just didn't feel weighty.

JetsAndHeels
01-17-2006, 04:57 PM
Clark frustrates the heck out of me. I love Kristen Kruek so I'd love someone I like to be with Lana. Why doesn't he just tell her already? She totally suspects it and Lana's not stupid.

I think it would be safe to say that he will tell her pretty soon. Things are looking like she is going to know it all very soon here in the next few episodes.

Tycho
01-25-2006, 03:43 PM
I'm watching Star Trek Deep Space Nine, the episode "Invasive Proceedures" and the Trill that hires mercenaries to steal Jadzia's symbiant is none other than Smallville's John Glover (Lionnel Luthor) I posted this in the DS9 thread as well. Pretty interesting to see him with short hair and clean shaven for Star Trek. But the voice is unmistakable.

JediTricks
01-25-2006, 04:17 PM
Yup. He wasn't as good as as Varad IMO 'cause it felt forced but the transformation into Varad Dax was where he shined. John Glover also played the devil in the short-lived but very entertaining "Brimstone".

Tycho
01-26-2006, 11:01 PM
Tonight I actually cried. I remember the day my mom died. I also had a special girlfriend there to support me who I didn't wind up with. This hit too close to home.

It went with the Superman legend though, Poppa Kent dying and all.

It sure teased the heck out of us with the first 20 minutes or so being on such an "up" with Clark and Lana's engagement and him showing her the ice fortress of solitude. I was so happy to see them get together. Then came the crash (literally).

That was also creepy the way Lionnel Luthor looked at Martha Kent at the funeral, like "now she's available." I don't want to see it go there, but he'll probably try.

Man that was a powerful episode. The funeral scene also reminded me of when Whitney's father died in Season 1, but this was much more emotional because Johnathon Kent was such a powerful character.

The writers had us in the palm of their hands all night: Chloe could have gone with Lana or followed her to protect her and wound up getting killed. Lois could have fallen off that chair or died of electric shock (but you knew that wasn't going to fit in with the Lois and Clark legend).

In the end it turned out to be traditional Superman. But what a ride!

They did a great job and I agree: Johnathon Kent (John Schneider) will be missed.

Slicker
01-27-2006, 02:18 AM
Yeah, tonights episode was indeed a really good one. I for one didn't know that Jonathan was gonna die as I don't read any TV spoilers. Definitely a shocker.

JetsAndHeels
01-27-2006, 11:13 AM
I realize I may be in the minority here, but I was very letdown by this episode. It started off great.....Clark's proposal in the fortress, Jonathan winning the senate election, etc. Then when the car crash and Clark taking the crystal to go back one day...well, it all went downhill for me.
Being a lifelong Superman fan, I know that papa Kent dies in some of the versions of the story, but I really feel this time that his death was unnecessary at this point. Later down the line had he died under different circumstances, I could understand. However for him to die in Lana's place just baffles me...and now Clark has lost his father and Lana. To me it's a waste of a great character and actor from this show.
So, what do I want to see from here on out? First of all I want this Lana/Clark soap opera to end. I think the writers proved to us in this episode that they have no intentions of moving things forward between them (like her actually knowing his secret). I want things between him and Lois to develop...This is her second season on the show and there has not been any development between her and Clark. Erica is a good actress, and I think her character is terribly underused.
I also want to see Lex get back to the bad *** villain we know him to be. I am tired of this constant infatuation with Lana (funny how everything centers around her). I want him back to the womanizing, blunt, malicious guy that he is known to be. Set things straight now, once and for all.
With all this said, I love this show and it is forever my favorite of the Superman tv series that have been released. I think the fact that this episode broke my heart so much is because I have come to expect better writing and storylines. I just think its time to move forward.

JediTricks
01-27-2006, 07:54 PM
First off, some issues I had with this ep:

- I know the "coal into diamond" thing is now part of Superman lore thanks to the movie, but it's really not plausible, it'd require a lot more pressure than Clark has ever shown capable of producing from 1 hand.
- Time travel is the cheapest way to "reboot" an ep.
- Proposing to Lana seemed way too soon.
- How did Lex, who was driving beside Lana the entire time, not get hit too?
- Clark really doesn't grieve for his father enough, he throws a full-blown tantrum when he sees Lana dead yet not his dear old dad.
- Any episode where the whole thing could be resolved by simply telling someone something yet they don't, that's a problem episode, in this case Clark could have simply done the day the same way around as before only this time explained the danger Lana would be in from Lex, but *noooo*, granted Jonathan would still die but he did anyway. For me, watching it was a lot of ups and downs, right afterwards it felt like "a good episode" but within a few minutes I too felt like they had dropped the ball. Jango's totally right, it's a major loss of a solid character for this show, Jonathan Kent was really still an influence on Clark and a solid "salt of the earth" heart for the show. And how the hell is Clark going to leave his mother, see the world, and move to Metropolis to become a reporter from this point in his life? Seems to me like he'll be stuck in Smallville helping his mom with the farm. And on a side note, they really missed an important moment by not referencing Superman's "even with all my powers, I couldn't save them" line from the comics - they reference that silly turning-the-world-backwards bit from the movie, but to hell with the comics I guess.

InsaneJediGirl
01-27-2006, 10:26 PM
First half of the show was great...but the second half,it was like another show came on. I was disappointed to see Jonathan die,especially of a heart attack. I mean,Clark couldnt super-speed to the hosptial and get Jonathan treatment? Why no emotion?

Should have killed of Lana,she's not very important and they could have stuck Lois in.

Slicker
01-27-2006, 10:34 PM
The moment they kill off Lana is the moment I quit watching.

She's the reason I started anyways.

JetsAndHeels
01-27-2006, 10:50 PM
The moment they kill off Lana is the moment I quit watching.

She's the reason I started anyways.

Blasphemy!!
:D

Tycho
01-27-2006, 10:54 PM
I happen to agree. I love Kristen Kruek!

Even Tom Leykiss cannot cure me of that.

JetsAndHeels
01-27-2006, 11:02 PM
Hey, I have no problem with Kristin. I just want this soap opera between Clark and Lana to end. Last night it became apparent that the writers have no real ambition to move on with them and let her know his secret. I just think its time to let the relationship between Lois and Clark start to build.

mrmiller
01-28-2006, 07:45 AM
Hey, I have no problem with Kristin. I just want this soap opera between Clark and Lana to end. Last night it became apparent that the writers have no real ambition to move on with them and let her know his secret. I just think its time to let the relationship between Lois and Clark start to build.

Agreed. I was really hoping they would just kill her off. Her only purpose in every show anymore goes like this: look hot, pout/cry, look hot. I just hate to loose John Schneider from the show, he's a much better character for the screen time he gets and the Senator story line could have been interesting. All in all a good episode, except the time travel rewind. That was cheap, even if it set up the tension for the 2nd half of the show trying to guess who was going to bite it (who didn't think it would be Pa Kent after ti wasn't Lana?).

=MATT=

JediTricks
01-28-2006, 02:38 PM
If they have Lana hook up with Lex, this show is doomed to go down in history as teen-soap pap, they need to find a way to get Lana to be interesting again, get her to know Clark's secret (most incarnations of Lana have, though they seem to be sticking with movie versions of stuff, which that Lana didn't), yet eventually she and Clark grow apart through the natural courses of their lives. I get the feeling though that they're going in the opposite direction and it's going to be too melodramatic.

BTW, the diamond-from-coal bit apparently is from the comics, silver-age I'm guessing, definitely pre-Crisis.

Slicker
01-28-2006, 03:00 PM
Yeah, it is really getting old with Clark and Lana going up and down in every episode because his indecisiveness about telling her. If he really loved her than it would be a no brainer but since we already know how the story ends we have to just wait and see how it pans out.

JediTricks
02-03-2006, 03:19 AM
Episode 101: Vengeance - aka "WHAT THE **** WAS THAT?!?" It started alright, but then it got into this superpowered Batman wannabe crap that completely undermined the entire notion of who Superman was to become in a lighthearted manner that ended up deadly serious. Plus, thank you to Accuvue for sponsoring this post about the episode. :p Talk about a sell-OUT, man! And who was that beltbuckle-wearing chick anyway, what made her so interesting that they would donate Danny Elfman's 1989 Batman score to her?!? And her CG action effects were STINKO! And just about everybody's character motivations or responses to others felt totally off - hey Clark, remember when you were emotionally devastated like 10 seconds ago?!?

JetsAndHeels
02-03-2006, 09:46 AM
Best part of this episode was the ending-Clark and Martha hugging while the video of Jonathan was in the background. A very powerful scene, with Jonathan looking at us and saying "bye".
Other than that this ep had no real purpose....nothing really progressed in the story and once again we sit at square one.
Bring back Marsters as Braniac, get Lex back to being his ruthless self, and for God sakes where is Lois??

Tycho
02-03-2006, 09:47 AM
I liked the episode. It made me cry, for him, for her, for Martha who lost Johnathon. If it can evoke emotion, it's good writing and acting IMO.

JediTricks
02-03-2006, 02:04 PM
When it's thrust into an episode such as this Tycho, it's called "manipulation".

InsaneJediGirl
02-03-2006, 07:39 PM
I missed parts of it and JF96 filled me in. Glad I did. Judging from what parts I did see,the best was the end with the home movies. Other than that,I didnt think there was a real purpose to the episode.

Tycho
02-03-2006, 10:38 PM
When it's thrust into an episode such as this Tycho, it's called "manipulation".

Well then I was successfully manipulated then. And that was alright by me. I was entertained for an hour.

scruffziller
02-04-2006, 09:38 AM
Well then I was successfully manipulated then. And that was alright by me. I was entertained for an hour.

Yep me too. Ignorance truly is bliss. Because in the end, hapiness is all that matters.

JetsAndHeels
02-04-2006, 09:57 AM
Guys, I was watching one of my season 5 tapes and I was on the episode where Braniac convinces Clark to destroy the Fortress....remember, where Zod is about to be released. I know that was in this season but it feels like a really long time ago. The show this season has taken that much of a turn. I really miss that.....I want Braniac back. I want more of a "Superman" feel like it had at the beginning of the season. Anyone else feel that way, or is it just the Superman geek in me talking here?

Tycho
02-04-2006, 05:15 PM
I missed 2 shows this season, so I probably cannot answer that. Ah well, I'll actually find something new during the re-runs.

JediTricks
02-17-2006, 01:50 PM
Well, that was lousy. I won't even mention how far off the mark they were with Cyborg/Vic Stone, I'll just comment on how poor that episode was on its own merits, everybody's gone this way and that, left, right, smallville, metropolis, the story is all over the map and doesn't say anything. Clark busting in on Lex TWICE just to ensure the cliche never dies. Vic was badly acted and very poorly written. A real nothing ep. And the side plot with Martha really was out in the cold, how did she know what was going on with the disc when we could see everything she saw and there was nothing till the last scene of the ep? Plus, I think it's a total cheat to go that route, if Clark hasn't been caught on camera before for the past 5 years doing this OVER AND OVER then they shouldn't be allowed to this time.

So, is Lionel still Jor-El with that line at the end about Kal-El?

Last new ep for a month plus, I hear.

Droid
02-17-2006, 02:31 PM
I haven't posted in this thread in a long time, first because I wanted to avoid a spoiler on who was going to die and second because I have been in the hosptial and recovering from a burst appendix.

In Episode 100, I would have preferred the original first half of the episode where Lana died. I am agitated that Jonathon dying is SOOO Clark's fault.
Why do they write everything to be his fault? Superman isn't supposed to have a guilt based origin like Spider-Man. 1. He destroys the ship and costs Martha her baby. 2. He runs rampant in Metoropolis causing Jonathon to make the deal with Jor-El giving Jonathon the bad heart. 3. He changes history so Jonathon dies instead of Lana. I hate how they make everything Clark's fault.

I wonder if John Schneider wanted out or if they planned his death from the start of the show and Schneider knew it was always just for 100 episodes.

Anyway, I am tired of the show. I wish it was ending this year. It is like the X-Files, a good start, great promise, and then just never went anywhere.

They keep taking steps backwards. Every week I think Lana and Clark broke up and then they're back together the next week. Every week I think Clark and Lex are enemies but then they discuss their friendship the next week. Every week I think Lana and Lex are closer than Clark and Lana but then the next week they aren't.

Every week I wonder why LuthorCorp doesn't have security cameras for all the stuff Clark does. Wouldn't they have filmed Clark breaking Cyborg out of his restraints? He didn't do it with superspeed. But then suddenly Lionel does get a security camera tape.

How does Lionel know Clark is named Kal-El?

Clark has flown several times now, including in the Fortress of Solitude with Lana in the original timeline where Lana died. When will he just accept he can fly and start doing it?

I am just tired of the show. Put on your costume, move to Metropolis, hate Lex, break up with Lana, get rid of Chloe and Lionel, start liking Lois, fly, and just be Superman already.

The one question I truly want answered and I hope they answer is when Clark finally becomes Superman why Lex (and really everybody) doesn't just know it is Clark.

JediTricks
02-17-2006, 02:49 PM
Those are not technically flying on the show, he jumps real far like he did in the earliest golden age comics. It's splitting hairs, but the producers wanted to split that hair from the beginning.

Clark's often felt some pangs of guilt over being unable to save his parents, this one phrase came up several times in the silver age "all my powers, and I couldn't save them". This I think is meant to explain why for a long time Clark was aloof towards creating real relationships, he knew no matter how much he tried, he couldn't save the ones he loved from the ravages of time, being a superman was his gift but at the same time also his curse. To me, that is one of the most human things about Clark's story, his isolation from fear of loss, in some ways it's his biggest weakness.

Droid
02-17-2006, 02:56 PM
Those are not technically flying on the show, he jumps real far like he did in the earliest golden age comics. It's splitting hairs, but the producers wanted to split that hair from the beginning.

Clark's often felt some pangs of guilt over being unable to save his parents, this one phrase came up several times in the silver age "all my powers, and I couldn't save them". This I think is meant to explain why for a long time Clark was aloof towards creating real relationships, he knew no matter how much he tried, he couldn't save the ones he loved from the ravages of time, being a superman was his gift but at the same time also his curse. To me, that is one of the most human things about Clark's story, his isolation from fear of loss, in some ways it's his biggest weakness.

I think when Clark saw the flashback of Jor-El on Earth Jor-El FLEW. I think when he was Kal-El he FLEW into Lex' plane (and seems to remember doing it). And I think he and Lana FLEW up a level at the Fortress. I know Clark often jumps on the show, but I don't remember him jumping on those three occasions. I know they do superleaps, but those three occasions seem to be flight.

I agree with you on Clark's fear of losing others. I LIKE in Superman: The Movie when he laments his inability to save Jonathon. I quarrel with him being written on Smallville to be directly responsible for Jonathon and Martha's babies deaths.

JediTricks
02-17-2006, 03:04 PM
Martha's dead baby thing was pretty wrong.

I remember distinctly when Kal-El goes to Lex's jet, he does a super-leap, he bends his legs and to get maximum thrust even.

Droid
02-17-2006, 03:44 PM
I remember distinctly when Kal-El goes to Lex's jet, he does a super-leap, he bends his legs and to get maximum thrust even.

Didn't Martha or Jonathon say to Clark something like, "You flew" and Clark said something like "That was Kal-El, not me."

There also was that time he was levitating over his bed, fell on it, and broke it.

So is it your position that on Smallville Clark can't fly or that he hasn't yet realized he can fly?

Tycho
02-17-2006, 04:50 PM
Perhaps Smallville is writing it that even Superman won't "fly" - it's all power jumps that resemble flight. They could do that too. Honestly, that's not an aspect of the legend I care about that much. He does whatever it takes to get the job of being a Superhero done.

JetsAndHeels
02-17-2006, 09:31 PM
Didn't Martha or Jonathon say to Clark something like, "You flew" and Clark said something like "That was Kal-El, not me."

There also was that time he was levitating over his bed, fell on it, and broke it.

So is it your position that on Smallville Clark can't fly or that he hasn't yet realized he can fly?

That line was "Kal El can fly....Clark Kent is still earthbound."

And yes, I think Clark can fly. He wasn't Kal El in the fortress when he took Lana up on that top level. I seriously doubt that was a super-leap...Remember the episode "Transference", where he jumped from the Daily Planet building over to the LuthorCorp tower? Now that was a super leap.

JediTricks
02-18-2006, 03:29 PM
Didn't Martha or Jonathon say to Clark something like, "You flew" and Clark said something like "That was Kal-El, not me."I don't remember the line, but to them it would have seemed like flying.

So is it your position that on Smallville Clark can't fly or that he hasn't yet realized he can fly?I remember that time he was levitating. It's not my position he can't fly, it's my position that the producers said they WOULDN'T show Clark/Kal-El/Supes flying in the series, nor wearing the costume, and so far they've split hairs enough to call it not-flying.

BTW, if you notice in Accuvue ads for the season finale party contest, they show Clark taking off a pair of glasses in the barn. Is that coming at the end of this season, or is it from a previous ep which I don't remember?

Tycho
02-18-2006, 04:11 PM
What, he gets super-cataracts or something?

JetsAndHeels
02-18-2006, 04:52 PM
BTW, if you notice in Accuvue ads for the season finale party contest, they show Clark taking off a pair of glasses in the barn. Is that coming at the end of this season, or is it from a previous ep which I don't remember?

In the season 3 episode "Whisper", Clark temporarily loses his eyesight during a robbery at a jewelry store (apparently something about his heat vision backfiring and kryptonite being involved). Anyway later he has glasses fit for him so his eyes could adjust. That was the same ep in which he developed his super hearing to make up for his vision loss.

JediTricks
02-18-2006, 05:59 PM
Yeah, I vaguely remembered that when I saw the ep, but I don't remember him taking them off in the barn.

JetsAndHeels
02-18-2006, 08:23 PM
Yeah, I vaguely remembered that when I saw the ep, but I don't remember him taking them off in the barn.

I don't think he did take them off in the barn, but that was the only episode where he wore the glasses. Chances are that scene you saw will be in a future episode.

scruffziller
02-21-2006, 10:54 AM
How does Lionel know Clark is named Kal-El?

Because it isn't Lionel. It is Jor-El inside Lionel's body.

I wonder if they are going to take this aspect of Lex's true evil being revealed anywhere anytime soon?

JediTricks
02-21-2006, 03:41 PM
Nice ST:TNG "Tapestry" 'tar combo there scruff!

There's some question as to whether Lion-El is really still big daddy J.E. or just has some records of the truth of Clark, my guess is he's Jor-El which would make his kindness to Martha Kent less sinister.

Droid
02-21-2006, 04:14 PM
I can't see Jor-El having orchestrated a takeover of Luthorcorp the way Lionel tried to a couple of episodes back.

Lionel wanted Martha way back during the season she worked for him.

If Jor-El is so concerned about Martha maybe he shouldn't have killed Jonathon!

And I still don't like Jor-El as this godlike entity who can be anywhere, anytime, with no boundaries, limitations, or rules.

scruffziller
02-26-2006, 04:17 PM
Nice ST:TNG "Tapestry" 'tar combo there scruff!

There's some question as to whether Lion-El is really still big daddy J.E. or just has some records of the truth of Clark, my guess is he's Jor-El which would make his kindness to Martha Kent less sinister.

Thnx JT!:D

Yes, I agree with JT's reasoning. I don't know if Jor-El/Lionel(if it's Jor-El), knew if getting in that fight with Johnathan would kill him or not, if being his duty to make sure the universe is balanced or not. Or that it just happened the way it happened and it would happen anyway like Jor-El said in the Fortress of Solitude. But I don't think Lionel had any knowledge of Clark's real name. What happened to Lionel at the beggining of the season can't be ignored. "Your secret is safe with me Kal-El." If that was Lionel saying that, the setup would have been a waste. He is Jor-El because the way these shows are written, it doesn't have enough depth for it not to be him. The show is setup for the audience to be spoonfed this stuff.

Tycho
03-02-2006, 11:16 PM
I finally saw "Splinter" on tonight's rerun - one of the most important episodes of the season!
I'd missed 2 episodes this year. I'm pretty sure "Splinter" was the first one. I'm left saying "Wow!" - that was almost too intense!

I had no idea Professor Fein revealed to Clark that he was Kryptonian! Why is he here? Did he send the Silver-K? What's his deal with the ship and Lex Luthor? Is he bad now? Or will he come bad when he turns into Brainiac or something? (I don't read the comics) Was he trying to turn Clark against humanity with the Silver-K? Was the black SUV actually the Kryptonian ship transformed?

I have way too many questions after this episode!

I also wonder about Lionnel Luthor being possessed by Jor-El and when it happened - as there's been some discussion around here that I've ignored until now. I'm so confused!

JediTricks
03-03-2006, 03:17 PM
I'm not going to spoil it for you, not sure how you missed "Splinter" either since it was on in November, but since you did and your comments suggest you missed "Solitude" as well (the ep after Splinter), and since Solitude is on next week, I won't spoil any of it for you. However, it seems like you are way off base on a lot of your theories, but maybe I'm just not understanding what you're getting at.

Tycho
03-03-2006, 06:27 PM
When I'd first got out of the hospital, I was sent to live in a rehab ward. They didn't think I'd recover that quick. You know my apartment was quietly packed up and all my stuff put in storage.

Well I got out of rehab and went to a corporate housing rental unit in the apartment complex I currently live in. It was over $3,000 a month! Part of the fees were for it being fully furnished, since a lot of my furniture, my vacuum, microwave, and more seemed to have been donated, or sold, or whatever. I'm not sure. (Right now I want to find my Transformer Alternators!)

In any case, I lived in the corporate housing from around Sept. 6th to November 17th or thereabouts. I moved over the course of 4 days to another 2 bd/ 2 bath apartment in my complex since I did like it so much. It has several olympic length lap pools, jacuzzis, fountains, landscaped grounds, several state-of-the-art gyms, computer labs, pool table / movie viewing rec rooms with full kitchens and dual bathrooms, etc. Plus it's right on the San Diego river with trails and every restaurant and shopping opportunity in central San Diego close by. And the trolley that will run straight into Comic Con ;) And tons of college girls everywhere of course! :love:

My uncle was responsible for my being moved during my injury-recovery and he assisted in furnishing my new place.

I didn't have reason to turn my satelite service on until my big plasma TV was delivered. I was picking it out and buying it the night Splinter aired. I don't think it had been delivered the night "Solitude" came on - or my satellite service wasn't yet connected. Those are probably the only episodes of Smallville I ever missed.

Tycho
03-07-2006, 02:53 PM
I love MySpace. I'm in a couple of the Smallville groups over there.

This is a gem from their blooper bulletin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UcXbiIOnEA&search=Smallville%20Bloopers

Droid
03-07-2006, 03:07 PM
a lot of my furniture, my vacuum, microwave, and more seemed to have been donated, or sold, or whatever. I'm not sure. (Right now I want to find my Transformer Alternators!)

I know this has nothing to do with Smallville, but since you brought it up here, did you lose any of your collections? Was anything damaged? Did your family take apart your dioramas and make you crazy?

Tycho
03-07-2006, 04:54 PM
I know this has nothing to do with Smallville, but since you brought it up here, did you lose any of your collections?

I don't know yet. I'm still working on the inventory. It's depressing, so it's going very slowly. I really want my Transformers Alternators. It was a small collection of probably 7 cars. I also want to find my TPM era novels and comics - I found all the rest of my books - oh with some Clone Wars missing too. Those will turn up I'm pretty sure though.

Anyway, I'm writing, auditioning for some acting gigs (and a new girlfriend, in a manner of speaking), so I don't have a lot of time dedicated to living in my dungeon (the storage is underground with no cell phone reception or Wi-Fi access so I feel cut off and buried alive down there....)

Was anything damaged?

Yes, the buildings for Mos Eisley Space Port and Cloud City's paint applications to name the obvious things to me. I'm concerned about my ArtAsylum Star Trek Enterprise ships because of the fragile nature of their stands and thus I haven't (but probably should) order the 1701-E from TNG's films.

Did your family take apart your dioramas and make you crazy?

Yes. They really had no right. I understand some of the decisions made though. They were told that if I were granted my 20% chance of living, I might be vegetablized (I mean moreso than you guys already think I am) and I'd probably have to live in the rehabilitation institute until I was walking better and not sleeping 16 hours a day, etc. Well, a bed there is expensive and my family saw no reason to also be paying my apartment rent plus utilities etc. while boarding my cats. I suppose that was less than what is still being paid for storage.

And now I'm in another 2bdrm/2bth apartment, although it's a luxury place with resort ammenities.

I didn't plan on moving until I could buy a 5 bedroom house. But part of me has to admit that my uncle was sort of right: it takes me a while to take care of just 6 rooms and a patio (this includes the kitchen, baths, etc.) and a larger place - with pets in it causing more trouble - would be hard for me to take care of (though I planned to close most of the doors off to my cats when the rooms in my dream house were not being used). I could hire a cleaning service, but I like my privacy and am not too trusting. It's also a point of pride for me to take care of cleaning up after myself.

I just don't have Clark Kent's speed at doing that.

Droid
03-07-2006, 05:57 PM
Sorry about what you have been going through, Tycho. I know from my recent medical appendix bursting experience - which was much less serious and much shorter in duration than your situation - that getting your life back on track after a medical setback can be quite difficult.

I am glad that the two of us are here to complain about it. :)

JetsAndHeels
03-29-2006, 10:42 AM
Allright guys and gals, finally a new episode airs tomorrow night. Just figured this would be the time to resurrect our Smallville thread. Plus I miss discussing the show!!

Here is the WB's official description for "Hypnotic":
Lex (Michael Rosenbaum) discovers that Professor Fine, aka Brainiac (guest star James Marsters), is in Honduras and sets out to confront him. Clark (Tom Welling) meets a beautiful seductress named Simone (Nichole Hiltz) who uses a magical charm to make people succumb to her every wish. An enchanted Clark reveals his powers to Simone, who seizes the opportunity and demands that Clark kill Lex.

The episode was written by Todd Slavkin and Darren Swimmer and directed by Michael Rohl.