PDA

View Full Version : Special Unit 2

LTBasker
01-17-2002, 06:26 PM
What are your thoughts on it? The show is ok, IMO, pretty funny and ok special effects. The scarecrow episode that was on yesterday was pretty funny especially with the "Top 5 hottest babes" list and Leia bein #5 and Slave Leia being #1. :D

"What did you feel when you hit him?"
"A dull thud." :rolleyes:

JediTricks
01-18-2002, 12:12 AM
Aw crap, I think I missed that rerun twice now!

The show is quite entertaining, a good spin on the MIB thing, I like it as much as I did 7 Days, which it replaced. It's a great counter-play to Sci-Fi's "The Chronicle" which I also enjoy - I really like that neither show takes itself SO seriously, there's lots of fun to be had. At first, I was SUPER sceptical of SU2, but it's really grabbed me... that means UPN will cancel it soon. :(

Tycho
01-18-2002, 12:46 AM
It's funny you brought SU2 up. I try NOT to watch this show, but it ends up I get into it.

It's on after Enterprise on Wednesday, and as I stay tuned to see what'll be on Star Trek next week, previews from SU 2 pull me in. I loved the episode when the chic cop (is it Jodi?) goes back to her high school reunion and there were monsters that live in the walls.

Anyone know what L.I.N.K. stands for? I assumed its an acronym. The baddies are always called Links and I don't know where that came from.

But anyway, the chic cop is hot and the dude is pretty cool and reminds me of a friend of mine. So I like the show. You guys are the first to get me to admit it.

Anyway, you'll know if the preview was ever bad, as then I'll succeed in planning to miss it ;)

Good show. Thanks for acknowledging that. I don't feel so lonely now.

LTBasker
01-18-2002, 01:41 PM
So far I haven't seen an episode I don't like, they're all pretty cool.

I dunno what link stands for if it does stand for anything, I just assumed it was a reference to the "missing link" stuff.

JediTricks
01-19-2002, 12:28 AM
Basker hit it on the head, it's from "missing link", these things are links in the evolutionary ladder that are a different path from human beings.

Part of what makes SU2 work is the cast, the only person who doesn't hold up their end is the new tech guy - everybody else is just terrific.

Tycho
01-19-2002, 02:27 AM
Evolutionary history? Things that feed on fear instead of food? Hmmmm. Maybe you didn't want to phrase it that way? I don't know - honestly. But as long as the show isn't meant to be taken too seriously (and I doubt it is - this is more like a comedy in a lot of ways), then I will continue to really enjoy SU2. Though I swear I got to quit! (I don't have time for TV......aaaargghh!)

Obi-Don
01-19-2002, 03:49 AM
I love this show. There are a few things that I watch during the week and this one is one I like. I hope they make more and don't do away with it,but they always seem to get rid of the good ones. Lets hope not.