PDA

View Full Version : Lay Holiday Vader to Rest

DarkArtist
09-14-2005, 10:24 AM
Please Hasbro is you have any respect for the Star Wars Community is general you will destroy the prototype of the Holiday Vader and redo it. This has to be the biggest piece of crap you have ever invented. :upset: :upset:
Look to the cover of the comic Return of the Jedi weekly and make the vader that appears on the cover, not the disturbing Carrie inspired hunk of blood red plastic that is in prototype stage.
What were you thinking ???? Every other holiday figure had some sort of holiday tie in like, Santa Yoda and Threepio. Reindeer R2-D2, and the gift giving Jawa's. Not one of these figures decided to bathe in blood and call it a holiday outfit.
Do not kill a great idea with that piece of crap. :upset: :upset:

decadentdave
09-14-2005, 11:20 AM
I second that. Lava Vader was a joke as well. All of these repaints are just a cheap way for Hasbro to make more money with little to no effort. I'm not buying that crap. Frankly, I'm losing interest in collecting period.

Val Da Car
09-14-2005, 11:30 AM
OK, for $15 smackers at least choose a good looking vader...like anyone of the OTC vaders.

That red is so Crimsony that I was to say YO JOE!

Kidhuman
09-14-2005, 11:31 AM
Ditto what they said. Scrap the idea and make a new one. Or re-issue the 3po and R2 for those who never got them.

timmae
09-14-2005, 11:36 AM
this sucker only ordered one this time(wish i would have waited to order the clones so i could combine shippin). i got the first 3 so i felt like i needed it. my daugter(12) will dig it. she loves the other 3. also ordered the remote r2 to play with. enough exclusives though. just make more ewoks & droids.

El Chuxter
09-14-2005, 12:08 PM
Hasbro, with every new exclusive, you make it easier to not be a completist.

2-1B
09-14-2005, 12:16 PM
Guess I'm in the minority of folks who are looking forward to getting this. Meh. :)

stillakid
09-14-2005, 12:29 PM
Guess I'm in the minority of folks who are looking forward to getting this. Meh. :)

That makes you eligible for all kinds of scholarships and preferential treatment! :yes:

2-1B
09-14-2005, 01:12 PM
That makes you eligible for all kinds of scholarships and preferential treatment! :yes:

Good thing you have a President who opposes such ideas, then. ;)

I don't know, the Vader by itself looks kind of goofy, but that goes for about 75% of Hasbro's offerings in the first place. Soooooooo when you put that average red Vader on a wicked cool card like that, I'd say it's shaping up to be a nice Holiday Exclusive #4. Definitely my least favorite of the bunch but I still like it. Oh well. :)

Slicker
09-14-2005, 02:59 PM
I don't know, the Vader by itself looks kind of goofy, but that goes for about 75% of Hasbro's offerings in the first place. Soooooooo when you put that average red Vader on a wicked cool card like that, I'd say it's shaping up to be a nice Holiday Exclusive #4. Definitely my least favorite of the bunch but I still like it. Oh well. :)That background is it's saving grace, IMO, but I must agree with the majority and ask Hasbro what they were thinking, especially with the color.

stillakid
09-14-2005, 04:43 PM
That background is it's saving grace, IMO, but I must agree with the majority and ask Hasbro what they were thinking, especially with the color.

Yeah, you know, I am getting it if for no other reason than I have this thing about exclusives, but I will admit that I did hesitate for a second. I'm not sure what they were thinking with this thing beyond trying to dump some outdated product in a unique way. The other Xmas exclusives were so well done and appropriate. This just isn't quite up to standards unfortunately.

jedi master sal
09-14-2005, 05:15 PM
I posted this in another thread, but here goes again.

With just a little thought and PAINT, Hasbro could do much better and still use this figure. Click the link for a photoshopped example:

http://www.geocities.com/swsalerno/santa_vader2.jpg

-Sal

Lazer Brain
11-09-2005, 09:30 AM
WOW, did you all notice the full court press on the Holiday Vader! every site is trying to promote this bunk figure! i hope they are charging hasbro some good coin to highlight this turd. sir steve please do not fall to the dark red side, unless of course they are going to pay up . we all what a real christmas figure not a repaint!
later

decadentdave
11-09-2005, 10:13 AM
Darth we now wear GAY apparel!!!! FA LA LA LA LA... lol

DarkArtist
11-10-2005, 02:32 PM
does anyone have a scan of what the christmas card looks like. it sounds cool but I can't seem to find anything that shows it.