PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Saboteurs

SHOPPING MAUL
09-14-2005, 04:38 PM
I was wondering if any of you Star Wars collectors have heard or seen this situation....
Today while i went to a Target store in my area, i found the white and blue versions of the Clone Trooper 3 packs.
Unfortunately all of the Clone Trooper packs had crack bends on the upper right corners.
At first i thought this was because of the usual shipping bends you see on various Star Wars products, but only these 3 pack figures had these crack bends. The other Star Wars packs from that line had no cracks, or very little bends in them.
You know the type of crack i mean. The one that breaks the color surface of the card and exposes the under surface.
I have seen this before, and have heard from other collectors who have seen it too, but it still amazes me what some people will do to spoil it for we collectors.............
Is it a money thing? If so, if you have to stoop to that type of tactic to make a few extra bucks, all i can say is GET A LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!

El Chuxter
09-14-2005, 05:01 PM
Yeah, this is a pretty lousy thing to do. Since it's damaging property that's not one's own, it's also vandalism and therefore illegal.

BTW, this isn't really a SSG comment, so this would properly fit better in one of the toy forums.

Kidhuman
09-14-2005, 05:44 PM
Yeah I hate when people do that. It is done by loose collectors. Sometimes its because they dont have the cash and dont want MOC collectors to get them or whatever. Either way it is vandalism as El Chuxter stated and the culprit can be arrested for it if caught.

Slicker
09-14-2005, 05:53 PM
Yeah I hate when people do that. It is done by loose collectors. Sometimes its because they dont have the cash and dont want MOC collectors to get them or whatever. That's exactly it KH. Or it's a MOC collector that doesn't want anyone else to have these so he messes up the card and goes about his merry way. I've seen that plenty and several times its been on figures I've needed.

Ji'dai
09-14-2005, 06:12 PM
The emphasis should be on the toy, not the packaging. Toy packaging is superfluous in my opinion, but you shouldn't have to buy something with damaged packaging in case you want to use it to store the product after opening and displaying it.

It could be another SW collector, but I'd put my money on the store intentionally damaging the product to prevent scalping, or mabye it was some punk trying to **** off crazy adult toy collectors.

InsaneJediGirl
09-14-2005, 09:46 PM
Probably some jerk who doesnt have the money or a kid thinking they are trying to be funny.Maybe its those evil Hot Wheels collectors :D

I open just about everything,so luckily it doesnt effect me :)

bobafrett
09-14-2005, 09:55 PM
We've discussed this before, but sometimes a box or two gets crushed in the truck that it is shipped to your Target or Wal-Mart stores. I've seen all kinds of stuff come in damaged, or when the unloaders are "throwing" the freight, they sometimes have to stand on a box to get items that are at the top of a wall of boxes packed tightly in a truck, and they don't always pick the strongest boxes to stand on. There are more than just the "hot wheels" or "loose" figure collectors damaging the merchandise.

sith_killer_99
09-14-2005, 10:30 PM
The emphasis should be on the toy, not the packaging. Toy packaging is superfluous in my opinion, but you shouldn't have to buy something with damaged packaging in case you want to use it to store the product after opening and displaying it.

Ah, but we all collect differently. Some of us llok for the best paint job, some of us look for mint condition packaging. I like to display mine carded. So for me half the look of the figure is the packaging and I relly don't want soemthing that looks beat up.

In any event, there are ways around the benders. For one thing you can buy the damaged carded figure and hope to find one MOMC later. Then it's just a simple matter of returning the damaged carded figure to the store. If you never find one MOMC you can still return it and use the money (along with a few extra bucks) to buy one from a low life scalper on Ebay. Better yet you can buy it and hope to trade with someone here on the forums. If you collect MOMC and also collect loose you can buy a damaged carded figure and open it.

Either way, if you buy the figure, it may irk the jerk who did it and they may stop doing it all together.

sith_killer_99
09-25-2005, 06:13 PM
The bender strikes again!

Tonight I found 3 of the Clone Trooper 3 packs with the green clone!

Unfortunatly out of the 2 dozen Deluxe sets the only 3 that had damaged bubbles were the 3 Clone sets with Green Clones.

Some bone head obviously damaged the bubbles.

As usual I bought them anyway, partly because I wanted them and partly to spite the jerk who did it. I bought 2 sets and left the best...least damaged one.

Of course I kept the reciept, just in case.

I sooo hope to find the jerk doing this!:whip:

Turbowars
09-25-2005, 07:52 PM
Do any of you remember Target punching holes in the card backs or bubbles in the POTF2 days? Those who do remember, collecting back then was a bit harder than it is today (in the LA CA area) Most likely it's what most of you say, it's lack of funds, but then again why not just stash it.

Blue2th
09-25-2005, 08:20 PM
Being a MOMC and loose collector, I will buy both. But you are right. I see alot of damaged cards. Let's not forget the employee who doesn't care how they put them on the pegs or one who is cherry picking the best stuff for themselves. Or the kids who damage them because they are easy to get to, looked at, dropped and put back by the employee who is sick of a mangled toy isle they have to clean up every day. Then again I have seen whole cases that were obviously messed up in the shipping boxes because they all have the same areas of damage.

Bobby Fett
09-25-2005, 09:35 PM
Do any of you remember Target punching holes in the card backs or bubbles in the POTF2 days? ...

I don't remember that, but I do have a POTF2 figure with a hole neatly punched in the card. I always wondered about its origin. Thanks.

Slicker
09-26-2005, 12:46 AM
Do any of you remember Target punching holes in the card backs or bubbles in the POTF2 days? Those who do remember, collecting back then was a bit harder than it is today (in the LA CA area) Most likely it's what most of you say, it's lack of funds, but then again why not just stash it.If I'm not mistaken I believe that KB also did the same thing.

JediTricks
09-27-2005, 06:52 PM
Do any of you remember Target punching holes in the card backs or bubbles in the POTF2 days? Those who do remember, collecting back then was a bit harder than it is today (in the LA CA area)I remember that very clearly, Target desparately wanted to ensure that parents who brought their kids in looking for new Star Wars toys could actually find them since at that time scalping and hoarding had just started really running high.

Slicker
09-27-2005, 07:00 PM
Just today at Target I saw a Clone 3 pack that was ripped wide opened. It may have just been some bratty @$$ kid but I found it weird that the rest of the deluxes were fine.