PDA

View Full Version : Emperor's Arrival

Hellboy
09-14-2005, 07:01 PM
I thought I'd share some pics of my Emperor's arrival shelf.

Someday when I have more space I'll put the time into creating an actual hanger bay from the Death Star and add the 20 to 30 more figures I have set aside for this scene but space is limited in my current collection room so this is how it sits presently. Even though its really more of a display than a diorama the amount of figures present makes it look pretty cool.

Hellboy
09-14-2005, 07:04 PM
A few more pictures. The last one shows how big the entire display actually is. I had to pull way back to get the whole thing captured so thats why you see some of my collection in the background. :)

DarthBrandon
09-14-2005, 07:37 PM
Very nice pics Hellboy, someday I'll do the same when I have the space. Now I know were all those scouts went to.:D

Hellboy
09-14-2005, 07:43 PM
Thanks Brandon. :)

:yes: indeed that is where most of the Scouts you hooked me up with went. :D

Bobby Fett
09-14-2005, 10:47 PM
Very nice!

vader121
09-15-2005, 10:25 AM
Way cool!

Where did you get all those Scanning Crew techs? I have only 2 (boxed).

Hellboy
09-15-2005, 04:52 PM
Thanks guys. :)

Where did you get all those Scanning Crew techs? I have only 2 (boxed).

That sucks that you could only find two. They were pretty abundant in my area. I actually picked up the majority of them on clearance for around $2.50 ea. if I remember correctly.

Slicker
09-15-2005, 08:35 PM
Nice dioramas Hellboy. I like how you have it displayed on the long black table. very nice.

That sucks that you could only find two. They were pretty abundant in my area. I actually picked up the majority of them on clearance for around $2.50 ea. if I remember correctly.I was able to find tons of 'em at clearance also (only bought 'em for other forumites).

Ji'dai
09-15-2005, 11:06 PM
My god, you removed them from their original packaging. You think them figures are edible or somethin'?! ;)

Seriously though, that's a sweet set-up. Every army builder worth their salt should display this scene at least once, even though it's commonly done. You'll have to make a backdrop for the rear walls to complete the visual.

I don't think I've ever seen that many Scanning Crew Techs or Biker Scouts at retail. I love Biker Scouts too; they're my favorite type of Stormtrooper. I have the SAGA Shuttle but I've never taken it out of the box. I still have my loose vintage one though.

maatu
09-15-2005, 11:31 PM
i think it's alsome.. i don't even have the scanning crew guy or biker scout. i just have not picked them up yet. but where;s the at-st guy. they made one of him and i am not talking about han solo in disguise. But still hellboy. i like it ......great display..:yes:
actually he is in there.........

maatu
09-15-2005, 11:33 PM
actually he is in there...

Hellboy
09-16-2005, 05:24 PM
Thanks for the compliments fellas. :)

You'll have to make a backdrop for the rear walls to complete the visual.

I've thought about doing a temporary backdrop for this setup and I still might but once I get into a bigger place I'm planning on replicating the entire hanger bay as best I can. So I've settled for just having the figures out for now and putting my time into completing other dioramas that I can actually display complete. Building the Hanger will actually be pretty ambitious since I'm planning on creating something to allow both a TIE Bomber and Interceptor to hang overhead, making the floor out of black plastic to replicate the hanger's reflective surface and adding about 20-30 more figures. It'll be much much bigger than this when all is said and done.

actually he is in there...

Yeah there are a few of them. I actually have some droids in there too. You can't see them because I couldn't pull back far enough when I was taking the picture of the entire shelf and I didn't take a shot of the rear of the shuttle but there are five black Astromech and two Death Star Droids back there.