PDA

View Full Version : King of the Hill - Final Season

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-14-2005, 08:18 PM
I am a big fan of the show, but I didn't get into it until about two years ago. Unfortunately this next (10th) season is going to be its last. They said that they wanted to end it when it was still good, a cue that a certain other FOX show should take . . .

Anyway, the new season starts this Sunday. It will be nice to have new episodes again but I'll be sad when it's done and gone.

JimJamBonds
09-15-2005, 12:01 AM
I watched King of the Hill during its first few seasons but after that it just lost it for me. For me its not that big of a loss, hopefully Mike Judge has something cool up his sleave for us with whatever he does next. :yes:

2-1B
09-15-2005, 12:21 AM
Good riddance, I hated this show from the beginning. Rubbish. :)

El Chuxter
09-15-2005, 12:57 PM
I had a feeling it wasn't going to last long. It'll be sad to see it go, but good to see it go out on top. Or, well, at least pretty danged good.

Wonder if Bill will find true love?

Rocketboy
09-15-2005, 03:26 PM
Good riddance, I hated this show from the beginning. Rubbish. :)Couldn't agree more.
I think I chuckled once or twice in the episodes I've seen over the years.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-16-2005, 07:04 PM
Good riddance, I hated this show from the beginning. Rubbish. :)
Why don't you like it? Just wondering.

2-1B
09-17-2005, 12:29 AM
Because it's not funny. And I hate that stupid kid Bobby.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-17-2005, 05:31 PM
Because it's not funny. And I hate that stupid kid Bobby.
:eek: Bobby rules!

Ah well, to each his own, I guess.

El Chuxter
02-19-2007, 12:58 AM
So, uh, tonight was a new episode.

Did I miss something? When was this un-cancelled?

2-1B
02-19-2007, 04:09 PM
And when will it be re-cancelled?

JediTricks
02-19-2007, 05:59 PM
Season 10 was basically just holdover episodes from the shortened season 9, and was expected to be the last but ended up doing good ratings and renewed for season 11. They announced a month ago that season 12 was signed. Pulled from the fire to bore us another year.

Last night's ep was sad and unfunny and had a poor resolution that was far too sentimental.

El Chuxter
02-19-2007, 11:30 PM
I missed last night's (baby feeding issues), but it could not have been less funny than any Simpsons from the past three or four years. That show's barely making the "one funny joke per episode" quota by now.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-25-2007, 02:22 PM
I should've known that they were going to keep it going after Luann and Lucky announced her pregnancy on what was going to be the "last" episode.

Oh well, it's been pretty good so far this season, IMO.

Qui-Long Gone
02-25-2007, 04:09 PM
Love King of the Hill....but where I live it's more of a reality based show than cartoon sitcom....you either get Mike Judge's humor or are too dense....

Lord Malakite
03-01-2007, 02:03 AM
I'm happy to see it back. It may not be funny in the typical adult cartoon sense that Family Guy is or Simpsons (at one time) was, but it does have its moments. Besides that who says it has to be funny all the time to be good. If anything I see King of the Hill as the animated equivlent (in premise) to shows like Full House, Wonder Years, and "pre-extreme Urkel" Family Matters more than I do to full blown sitcoms like Seinfeld, Friends, or King of Queens.

JediTricks
03-01-2007, 06:35 PM
There used to be something at least "true" about the character interactions and situations, but more and more as it goes on it becomes increasingly forced and phony about its viewpoint and then just turns into another lame sitcom - animated or no.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-31-2008, 01:13 AM
And now, it's officially cancelled (http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/television/news/e3ic9655ee4528b1af429b8317f09479a6a). It had a really good stride last season, but these last few episodes have been hit or miss. I definitely think it's time now to end it.

They were even talking about Luann's pregnancy on the most recent one; she's been pregnant for two and a half years now and she's still not showing . . . they used to handle the passage of time really well, like her hair growing back after the Mega-Lo-Mart explosion. Ah well.

The Goode Family (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/60/The_Goode_Family_cast.jpg) looks kind of weird . . . I'll definitely watch it at first, so hopefully it will be good. (ZING!)

Lord Malakite
10-31-2008, 04:41 PM
And now, it's officially cancelled (http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/television/news/e3ic9655ee4528b1af429b8317f09479a6a). It had a really good stride last season, but these last few episodes have been hit or miss. I definitely think it's time now to end it.

Well, its been rumored for the past couple of months that this was going to be the last season, so this news isn't much of a surprise.

They were even talking about Luann's pregnancy on the most recent one; she's been pregnant for two and a half years now and she's still not showing . . . they used to handle the passage of time really well, like her hair growing back after the Mega-Lo-Mart explosion. Ah well.

Yes, they handle time well on this show. Thats why Bobby, Joseph and Connie are still in middle school after 13 years. :D I figure dealing with Luann's pregancy and having her finally have the baby is probably the best way they can go in ending the show at this point.

The Goode Family (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/60/The_Goode_Family_cast.jpg) looks kind of weird . . . I'll definitely watch it at first, so hopefully it will be good. (ZING!)
That guy in the African attire looks oddly familiar. Sort of like the long lost love child of Beavis, Butthead, and Stewart. :cross-eye At least its nice to see that Spike can still find work on animated shows since Rugrats ended. :thumbsup:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-31-2008, 05:18 PM
Yes, they handle time well on this show. Thats why Bobby, Joseph and Connie are still in middle school after 13 years. :D I figure dealing with Luann's pregancy and having her finally have the baby is probably the best way they can go in ending the show at this point.
Well, Joseph did go through puberty, and there have been a few other instances of this, such as Dee Dee's pregnancy and the birth of GH. It just seems odd for them to continually talk about the baby (in the last one, it sounded like it was coming pretty soon) and never even animate Luann as being pregnant.

Lord Malakite
10-31-2008, 06:46 PM
Well, Joseph did go through puberty, and there have been a few other instances of this, such as Dee Dee's pregnancy and the birth of GH. It just seems odd for them to continually talk about the baby (in the last one, it sounded like it was coming pretty soon) and never even animate Luann as being pregnant.

True enough with Joseph's puberty, Dee Dee's pregnancy/birth of GH, and even Luann's hair showing time lapse, but there are also plenty of examples of time standing still within the show. The thing is the show isn't consistent when it comes to time. But then again, what animated show is? :D

The time thing doesn't bother me as much as some other inconsistencies in the show though involving specific characters. Like how Peggy's mother's appearance (and relationship with her) changed within the show. :cross-eye

El Chuxter
10-31-2008, 08:54 PM
As much as I used to love the show, long after everyone else had quit, I don't think I've seen a single episode this season. Like Simpsons, it's kinda run its course.

Rocketboy
10-31-2008, 09:03 PM
Its been on 13 years?
They should've canceled it 14 years ago.

2-1B
11-01-2008, 09:32 PM
What Rocketboy said.

JediTricks
11-04-2008, 03:22 PM
There's talk that ABC may pick KOTH back up.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-05-2008, 12:28 AM
That's interesting. I, too, feel it's kind of run its course. If it gets a lot better on ABC, then it could be worth it, but it just seems kind of pointless.

OC47150
11-05-2008, 08:54 PM
I enjoy the earlier episodes the most. The problem is, Fox bounced KOTH around the Sunday night schedule so much that it was hard to find.

I'll miss Hank.

JediTricks
11-05-2008, 11:27 PM
ABC is just thrilled to buy up old sitcoms lately, Scrubs and now this rumor?

El Chuxter
12-01-2008, 06:51 PM
Did it bug anyone else that last night's new episode was a re-tread of about six different episodes of "kids need to be kids" AND essentially attempted to invalidate the Order of the Straight Arrow episode from Season 1, which is probably the best episode of the show ever?

Wimatawnya!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-02-2008, 10:14 AM
Did it bug anyone else that last night's new episode was a re-tread of about six different episodes of "kids need to be kids" AND essentially attempted to invalidate the Order of the Straight Arrow episode from Season 1, which is probably the best episode of the show ever?

Wimatawnya!
I felt the same way. The humor is just way too forced now and it seems like nobody's really putting much work into it anymore. I kind of hope ABC doesn't pick it up.

El Chuxter
12-02-2008, 10:18 AM
Especially since they axed Pushing Daisies.

The subplot about Luanne and Lucky was moronic, too. Did it ever resolve itself? This episode was so forgettable that I actually forgot I gave up before it was over.

Then again, anything involving Lucky is moronic, and not in a good way. He didn't exactly make the show jump the shark, but his introduction happened at the same time the writers started getting lazier than Simpsons writers.

I also can't help but wonder if Dale chose to keep Joseph out of the Order of the Straight Arrow because his presence might have reminded viewers that the Order had existed first season, and--wait a freaking second. If this show is more or less supposed to be in real time, how the hell old is Bobby now? He's portrayed as younger than he was when the show started!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-02-2008, 10:26 AM
The Luanne/Lucky thing kind of ended with him saying that he didn't get many birthday presents so they were going to go collect them.

The old photo of Hank, Bill, Boomhauer, and Dale already reminded me of the original episode with it, and how much better this show used to be, sadly. They gave up on the more-or-less "real time" years ago; after Joseph went through puberty and Luanne's hair grew back, they stopped it, it seems. As I've said before, Luanne's been pregnant for two and a half years now and isn't even showing yet. There was also mention made of how they'd been married less than a year, and I don't remember when the wedding was, but it was longer than that.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-13-2009, 04:50 PM
TV commercial said the 1-hour series finale is coming up. I don't think I really care.

OC47150
09-17-2009, 09:40 PM
Has a final date been announced? I loved the show in the beginning (the first couple of seasons are the funniest) but Fox moving it around made me lose track of it.

Rocketboy
09-17-2009, 10:01 PM
Has a final date been announced? I loved the show in the beginning (the first couple of seasons are the funniest) but Fox moving it around made me lose track of it.Last Sunday.

OC47150
09-17-2009, 10:04 PM
Boy, that was well advertised. Shows you how much I watch Fox.

scruffziller
10-13-2009, 05:50 PM
YES!!!! They finally answered my show long question!! What does Boomhauer do for a living!!!!!!:thumbsup:

Answer below....

Texas Ranger

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-13-2009, 07:59 PM
Damn, the show ended four years after I started this "final season" thread. Ha.

Though it wasn't always great near the end, I liked the last episode a lot (not so much the first half hour, but it was really technically two episodes, so whatever). It ended on a nice note, and the reruns will be around, so it's all good.

Yup.

Lord Malakite
10-14-2009, 02:28 AM
It ended on a nice note, and the reruns will be around, so it's all good.
Plus you still technically have 4 new episodes (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_King_of_the_Hill_episodes#Episodes_airing_ in_syndication) that have yet to air. Which most likely (if they ever do air) will be inserted into re-runs aired on either Adult Swim or through syndication.

scruffziller
10-14-2009, 09:16 PM
Beavis and Butthead are back!!!

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi639304217/ (http://www.imdb.com/rg/VIDEO_PLAY/LINK//video/imdb/vi639304217/)

Lord Malakite
05-01-2010, 07:51 PM
The final 4 new episodes of King of the Hill will begin airing starting this Monday.

"Syndication" (Channel/Time will vary depending on who/when the "syndicated reruns" in your local area usually airs):
May 3rd [Monday (early Tuesday)] -The Honeymooners
May 4th [Tuesday (early Wednesday)] - Bill Gathers Moss
May 5th [Wednesday (early Thursday)] - When Joseph Met Lori and Made Out with Her in the Janitor's Closet
May 6th [Thursday (early Friday)] - Just Another Manic Kahn-Day

"Adult Swim" (Cartoon Network at 10:30 PM EST)
May 3rd [Monday] -The Honeymooners
May 10th [Monday] - Bill Gathers Moss
May 17th [Monday] - When Joseph Met Lori and Made Out with Her in the Janitor's Closet
May 24th [Monday] - Just Another Manic Kahn-Day

And the series finale episode "To Sirloin with Love" should air May 7th [Friday (early Saturday)] during syndication if anyone wants to catch it.