PDA

View Full Version : Master Replicas To Make Indiana Jones Props!

SWIJ
09-15-2005, 03:34 PM
Courtesy of TheIndyExperience.com !!

http://www.theindyexperience.com/news_archives/september_2005.php#0000714

Cant wait to order these!

megaprime33
09-15-2005, 04:59 PM
This is actually pretty old news but still good to hear!

Ji'dai
09-15-2005, 05:02 PM
That's pretty cool news. The Headpiece to the Staff of Ra is a good choice, but the first thing that came to my mind was the Peruvian Golden Idol. Too bad the Hovitos don't know MR like we do, we could warn them. "Homana na tusu hovata!"

I dunno about the Grail Diary. It's neat, but are they going to replicate all the different pages?

Maybe they'll make a life-size Ark of the Covenant that'll come in a big crate and dolley cart so you can wheel it away to be studied by... Top Men.

TOP Men.

Jayspawn
09-15-2005, 05:52 PM
Theres a small handful of props for Master Replicas to make from Indiana Jones, I'm looking forward to the Headpiece and eventually the Holy Grail. I already have the Golden Idol of Fertility.

Ji'dai
09-15-2005, 10:52 PM
I'm looking forward to the Headpiece and eventually the Holy Grail. Why? The IJ Holy Grail was just a plain wooden cup. Seems like pretty bland prop to sink money into. You could probably find a reasonable facsimile of the Grail at some yard sale or buy a glass one and paint/weather it.

I wonder if the Grail Diary will have the Hitler autograph :D

JimJamBonds
09-15-2005, 11:54 PM
Cool, I like the sound of this! :thumbsup:

JediTricks
09-16-2005, 04:24 AM
The headpiece to the staff of Ra is an awesome choice, but I don't like that it's packed with Belloq's headpiece, that sounds like another multi-hundred-dollar MR item I won't be able to afford. I was hoping it'd be more reasonable like the $35 Pirates of the Carribean Aztec gold coin set. The golden fertility idol is one I would hope wouldn't be over $100 since it's not made of complex pieces or anything, $75 is the number I have in my head as ideal for quality and weight and accuracy, but I don't know anything really about what it'd cost them to produce.

megaprime33
09-16-2005, 07:53 AM
When I first heard that MR was going to do Indy Props I was like, yay I can get his fedora! Then I starting thinking about it and it's like I can probably get that hat anywhere and not spend the tons of money I'm sure MR would charge for it. The whip though would be pretty cool.

Jayspawn
09-16-2005, 10:27 AM
yeah that hat you can get about anywhere. There were even some 'actual' Indiana Jones Fedoras that the SW Fan Club sold some years back. I've seen them before -nice!

The Holy Grail would be great! A wooden cup, with gold leafing on the inside.

kingyeti
09-16-2005, 07:25 PM
how about a scaled ARC of the COVENENT? that would look nice in a glass display.