PDA

View Full Version : well...maybe hasbro doesn't suck

piratefett
09-19-2005, 09:03 PM
hi everyone. i picked up the clonetrooper evolution set and the ep II clone's arm came off. i sent them an email and received an immediate reply. they are replacing it for free. the entire set and sending me something to ship the busted set back in. pretty cool.:thumbsup:

Bacta Beast
09-19-2005, 11:34 PM
Don't be to qucik to let them off the hook! I'd like to find out if anyone has gotten decal replacements for the TRU Blue Obi-Wan's Starfighter yet. Also, why did your trooper brake in the first place? Those sets are a little pricey (though not as bad as they would be if they were EE exclusives) for Hasbro to be using cheap plastic. Not that I've had a problem with mine, but you get what I'm saying.

piratefett
09-20-2005, 10:19 AM
Don't be to qucik to let them off the hook! I'd like to find out if anyone has gotten decal replacements for the TRU Blue Obi-Wan's Starfighter yet. Also, why did your trooper brake in the first place? Those sets are a little pricey (though not as bad as they would be if they were EE exclusives) for Hasbro to be using cheap plastic. Not that I've had a problem with mine, but you get what I'm saying.

i wasn't aware of the decal replacement issue. i'd like to know more about that. i'm hoping i can get a quick turnaround on the evolution set. although after hearing from you i'm a little concerned. :rolleyes: do you think i suhould forget it and just do surgery using an at te gunner? the trooper's arm came off because it was super stiff. i went to bend it at the joint in stead of moving it snapped right off without a whole lot of pressure.

tgr3328
09-20-2005, 10:57 AM
Did they specify that they would be replacing it with another Clone Trooper Evolution set? I have returned defective figures before, and they replaced them with whatever was on hand.

I remember once, I sent in the POTJ Jar Jar Binks and I got back a POTF Medical Droid!

sith_killer_99
09-20-2005, 11:49 AM
LOL, that's too funny. Though I'm sure it sucked for you.:(

I'm just curious, but why not take these defective figures back to the store for a refund or exchange?

tgr3328
09-20-2005, 02:47 PM
I'm just curious, but why not take these defective figures back to the store for a refund or exchange?

Its probably best just to take it back to the store. Manufacturers like for you to return defective merchandise to them, but stores like Walmart are good about replacing defective stuff.

I sent it to Hasbro because it was free and I thought they would just make an even trade. Little did I know, but no big deal. The Jar Jar figure was easy enough to find again. The next time I tried it, I didn't care if I got something else. That even made it rather interesting. I hoped that I might get some hard-to-find figure, like Ephant Mon, by chance.

PirateFett,

If you really has his heart set on the Clone Trooper Evolutions, then maybe you should take it back to the store. If you want to go ahead with the return (maybe you already threw away the box), it may be a good idea to grab another set at the store while they are still there and hold it for insurance. It is an awesome set!

piratefett
09-20-2005, 03:14 PM
Its probably best just to take it back to the store. Manufacturers like for you to return defective merchandise to them, but stores like Walmart are good about replacing defective stuff.

I sent it to Hasbro because it was free and I thought they would just make an even trade. Little did I know, but no big deal. The Jar Jar figure was easy enough to find again. The next time I tried it, I didn't care if I got something else. That even made it rather interesting. I hoped that I might get some hard-to-find figure, like Ephant Mon, by chance.

PirateFett,

If you really has his heart set on the Clone Trooper Evolutions, then maybe you should take it back to the store. If you want to go ahead with the return (maybe you already threw away the box), it may be a good idea to grab another set at the store while they are still there and hold it for insurance. It is an awesome set!

i agree it is an awesome set. i've had a heck of a time finding it though. i may just go back to the store because now that i think of it, the hasbro rep put a disclaimer in her email that the item would be replaced either way with a product of equal or lesser value. i don't want to end up with something lame. i' tihnk i'll try to to return it depending if they have stock or not. otherwise i think i will be performing clone surgery.

Turbowars
09-20-2005, 06:54 PM
No, believe me Hasbro does suck. They will continue to suck until all the OT figures and ship are made. They better make them soon, because if the 07 TV show blows, that's the end of the line.

Take it back to the store. Hasbro will probably send you a Mon Mothma and it wont be from the ROTS.:yes:

piratefett
09-21-2005, 09:01 AM
No, believe me Hasbro does suck. They will continue to suck until all the OT figures and ship are made. They better make them soon, because if the 07 TV show blows, that's the end of the line.

Take it back to the store. Hasbro will probably send you a Mon Mothma and it wont be from the ROTS.:yes:

lol i want you to know that you inspired this thread by what you have in your sig. ;) i think the decision has been made. i won't be shipping it back for fear i'll get screwed. i've heard enough bad stories.:sad:

JediTricks
09-21-2005, 08:05 PM
I can guarantee that Hasbro still sucks. You know how the new TIE Fighter shows the Saga/OTC TIE Pilot but comes with the decade-old POTF2 one? Their way of dealing with this incongruity was to tell me that it's covered under the tiny line on the box which says "Product and colors may vary". What the HELL?!? That's some gall! I can understand a prototype looking sharper than a finished version, but this isn't the same product at all, ya cheap stingey bastargs!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-21-2005, 09:33 PM
I've never sent them anything to replace, but they've replaced broken accessories on multiple occasions. They always say they'll charge me "next time," but they never have. Unfortunately, the only thing I've EVER lost (the hilt from the VOTC Vader) was apparently not in stock.

Turbowars
09-21-2005, 09:59 PM
lol i want you to know that you inspired this thread by what you have in your sig. ;) i think the decision has been made. i won't be shipping it back for fear i'll get screwed. i've heard enough bad stories.:sad:LOL, I'm happy to be an influence around here.

JT, Yeah Hasbro really seems to be cutting corner as of late. I just wish they asked us which ones to cut. Like maybe most of the Battle packs.:cross-eye

piratefett
09-28-2005, 03:28 PM
hey everyone. based on all of your advice i bypassed hasbro altogether. i returned to the target where i first purchased the clonetrooper evo set and lo and behold they just put out a case. i went to cust. svc. with my original store receipt and voila!!! brand new perfect clone evo set in a perfect box w/o any hassle shipping etc. thanks target. and BTW Turbowars....

HASBRO DOES SUCK!!!!!!!

Turbowars
09-28-2005, 09:12 PM
I happy you found a set and didn't have to deal with the toy Giant. :thumbsup: I told you hasbro sucks, HeHe;)

Kidhuman
09-28-2005, 10:25 PM
Got another recruit eh Turbo....

Bacta Beast
09-28-2005, 11:40 PM
Oh, this is a great thread!:laugh:

Turbowars
09-29-2005, 01:14 AM
Got another recruit eh Turbo....You know it. What can I say, the guy has good taste.

Hey Bacta Beast, you know how you know a thread is good?

I'm involved.......;) :p

Veers
10-02-2005, 08:26 AM
Cool! Glad they were able to that for you.