PDA

View Full Version : Revenge of the Attack of the Clones!

El Chuxter
09-21-2005, 12:24 PM
Not technically a ROTS subject, but see if anyone can help me figure out this conundrum.

I went into Wal-Mart this morning, and, along with the entire planet of Neimoidia :(, the shelves had been restocked. There were a couple of #41 Clones and Vaders, but most of the new figures appeared to be refreshes of our old pegwarming favorites, Mon Mothma, Aayla Secura, Bail Organa, and Luminara Unduli.

However, on the front of one peg was a lone MOMC Nikto Jedi.

This seemed pretty odd to me. Normally, I would assume he'd been hidden somewhere ages ago, or had gotten stuck behind a shelving fixture or something. But there was no fading, no dust, and--here's the kicker--this was a WM that's only been open for a few months!

So where did this Nikto come from? Will we ever know?

And, more importantly, is he destined to continue his pre-Clone Wars mission of long-term pegwarming?

Bacta Beast
09-21-2005, 12:36 PM
Sounds like someone at the courtesy desk must have allowed someone to return something that they shouldn't have!

bobafrett
09-21-2005, 01:06 PM
Sounds like someone at the courtesy desk must have allowed someone to return something that they shouldn't have!

I was just about to say the same thing. Was it on the old card? Is this WM anywhere near where another poster here on SSG who got his garage broken into a couple months back, lives?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-21-2005, 08:39 PM
At a WM that opened about a year ago, they had a Saga Shaak Ti on the pegs at one time. Somehow, it got out of there quickly . . . no idea how.

steve3p0
09-21-2005, 09:15 PM
my local toysrus has your walmart beat.

i recently noticed a mint POTF2 weequay surfaced next to the e3 figures.

Turbowars
09-21-2005, 09:30 PM
my local toysrus has your walmart beat.

i recently noticed a mint POTF2 weequay surfaced next to the e3 figures.Now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time. :) But really I haven't seem a POTF2 on a peg in years. You know sometimes people stash things under the racks and they are forgotten. When displays are moved around they are rediscovered, but some of us know the crazy crap that stores take back because the don't know any better.

Jango Speck
09-21-2005, 11:08 PM
I always find old stuff at Sav-On, Walgreens, Rite-Aid, etc. It gives me a chuckle- especially when they are charging $7.99 or $8.99 for ROTS Bail Organa. Someday, when we're looking for SW:TV series figs, we'll see old Bail and laugh.

Daz
09-22-2005, 06:54 AM
Forbidden planet Dublin has been displaying POTF2 figures 95-98, some Episode I figures and saga figures as recently as a few months ago. I haven't been there in a long time because I've been getting my stuff online. However I was able to score a number of figures I'd never seen on shelves before thanks to these random restocks - ugnaughts, Biggs, Ishi Tibb, Captain Piett, Death star trooper (mostly from the 'freeze frame' era).

Goddammit I'm after posting under my brother's identity!!! Forgot to log out and then log back in as Devo.

DarkArtist
09-22-2005, 10:16 AM
You should look into stores like amazing savings for hard to believe finds. Was in there last week and picked up the preview clone trooper and R3 unit. Also picked up the create a supe battle droid set, yoda vs super battle droid and the c-3po / battle droid set. The store also had a mint Emperor with freeze frame and removable helmet Vader.
The entire purchase rang up to $19.95 not a bad loot for some hard to find stuff. I think some of these smaller discount stores get merchandise from stores that couldn't sell it and try to make a profit off it, even if it is just a few cents.

Ji'dai
09-22-2005, 04:40 PM
Back in 2000 or so I was browsing Wal-Mart's after-christmas toy clearance aisles and found a cart with the intial '95 orange card wave - including Kenobi, Luke, and Vader with long sabers!

In January '03 or '04 I was checking out the SW section at the local WM and found the entire wave of SOTE (Shadows of the Empire) figs on the pegs.