PDA

View Full Version : New Clone Wars Multipacks (?)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-22-2005, 04:23 PM
http://cargobay.starwars.com/webapps/cargobay/browse/753

Take a look at what it says is slated to come out November 15. Two multipacks from Volume 2 featuring Anakin, Saesee, and a Clone, and Obi-Wan, Grievous, and CODY!!!

I hope these are real but wouldn't be surprised if they aren't. If they were real, I wonder, would they be live-action-style or animated? I think it'd be easier for those cheapos to make them based on the live action figures, as there's already ROTS-styled figures, though there aren't for the animated line.

jedi master sal
09-22-2005, 05:04 PM
http://cargobay.starwars.com/webapps/cargobay/browse/753

Take a look at what it says is slated to come out November 15. Two multipacks from Volume 2 featuring Anakin, Saesee, and a Clone, and Obi-Wan, Grievous, and CODY!!!

I hope these are real but wouldn't be surprised if they aren't. If they were real, I wonder, would they be live-action-style or animated? I think it'd be easier for those cheapos to make them based on the live action figures, as there's already ROTS-styled figures, though there aren't for the animated line.

If it were my guess I'd say animated. Those tards at the big "H" know we want an SA COdy so bad, that they'll play with us by making us wait for a regular one but give us the animated one instead. I sure hope the Saesee Tiin is the animated one. (With removable helmet please) That fig would ROCK! Hmmm, and maybe the Obi is finally in Clone Armor???

-Sal

Blackened88
09-22-2005, 05:14 PM
When I see pictures then I'll believe it.

figrin bran
09-22-2005, 05:39 PM
these could be the "slightly retooled versions of existing CW animated figs" multipacks that have been rumored.

i'm crossing my fingers now for cody and battle armor saesee tinn.

wedge1968
09-22-2005, 06:22 PM
They never made a Saesee Tiin cartoon version, did they? It'd have to be new if it was cartoon (or have I forgotten?) version.

figrin bran
09-22-2005, 08:10 PM
no, they never made saesee tinn so it would be a new figure. howver, he did wear clone trooper armor if i'm not mistaken so perhaps they might just sculpt the head and then kitbash onto the clone body.

Jayspawn
09-22-2005, 11:54 PM
If these actually come to be, I'm betting on movie-looking figures.

kool-aid killer
09-22-2005, 11:58 PM
I want to see pictures. Im hoping they are regular style figures, but i will probably end up getting them regardless of which style they come out in.

evenflow
09-23-2005, 08:15 AM
Well if they are movie figures I only need the Cody set, but if they are animated I want both. I wish they would give us more animated figures.

dindae
09-23-2005, 08:39 AM
Well since it says Vol 2. I'm betting it will be animated to tie into the DVD of the cartoon. I would like to see a bunch of new sculpts but I'm betting it would be just Saese Tin and Cody that will be new.

JEDIpartner
09-23-2005, 08:43 AM
I'm frightened... hold me.

Blackened88
09-23-2005, 10:36 AM
I also think it's the cartoon version, either version ill be getting it. Although I never bought the cartoon figs before, I just have to have a cody. What if the Clone Trooper in the other set is one of Cody's men?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-23-2005, 04:47 PM
Y'see, I just can't actually see Hasbro making six new animated figures when it would be less expensive to just retool existing realistic molds. I doubt they'd rerelease the animated Padawan Anakin and Knight Obi-Wan, since they only appear like that in Volume 2 for about three minutes, but who knows.

As long as there's something new in these sets (for all I know, the Cody is actually the #33 Clone Commander with its name mixed up), that'll be cool by me.

jaxx
09-26-2005, 10:02 AM
I really hope that they're the animated figures. Eventhough the articulation is nonexistant, they really look wonderful.
I hope that the Ani fig is the one with the blue markings on his body, and not another padawan Ani.
I hope that they get a little more creative with the regular Clone Trooper, but I know it will be a repack of the other animated ones that have come out in the past.
I hope that Obi-Wan is IN Clone Trooper armor, with a removable helmet.
I know that Grevious will be a repack, but it would be cool if they could make him in a new pose.
I agree that Saesee Tiin would rock if it came in Clone Trooper armor with a removable helmet. That helmet was great in the series!!!
Cody will rock no matter what.
I'll get both sets.

Kidhuman
09-26-2005, 03:49 PM
I thought there was supposed to be a clone 3 pack also?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-26-2005, 05:10 PM
I thought there was supposed to be a clone 3 pack also?
You must be thinking of the DVD 3-packs, which have Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Mace; Vader, Palpatine, and Dooku; and three clones.

Kidhuman
09-26-2005, 08:28 PM
Yes JJL, got them confused. Thanks for the clearing up.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-17-2005, 05:05 PM
Well, it's official. The SSG main page has pics. I really like these sets! I kind of thought that Anakin would be from Nelvaan, since they could just use parts from the battle damaged Anakin, which is cool. Too bad the Saesee's not in clone armor, though he still rules! The clones look really cool. I can't tell if Obi-Wan has a new head or what, but oh well. It appears that Grievous' right arm is new, which is nice, and his cape is red on the inside, as it was in Season 2 and the film. I'll definitely be getting these sets. :)

LTBasker
10-17-2005, 06:06 PM
Well, those rock. And yes, it looks like Obi-Wan has a retooled/new head.

I just hope I can actually find these, my Wal-Mart -never- got in the first Clone Wars sets. Even the day they came out, they didn't have a display set up or anything. They just had the CW DVD on the new releases rack, they better carry these or else I'll...um...make black marks on their floor with my shoes!

Mandalorian Candidat
10-17-2005, 09:50 PM
Not too shabby, though I don't want another Grievous and OB1 and Saesee looks like he has the head of a bull.

figrin bran
10-18-2005, 01:21 AM
i like them and will definitely get them just as long as my WM gets them in.

OC47150
10-18-2005, 07:17 AM
OC likes a lot!!:thumbsup:

trandoshan666
10-18-2005, 10:34 AM
These look great I'll snatch up one of each as soon as I see them. But I'm a little confused on the release date. Does anyone know if it's Nov. 15, or Dec. 1, as indicated in the SSG report?