PDA

View Full Version : King Lucas

boss nass
01-18-2002, 03:02 AM
we should all be happy and grateful that we even have 3 more episodes i remember back in the late 80s and early 90s there was no hope for new episodes when mr lucas told us he was doing the prequils i was shocked and excided. I love the star wars universe and the story line these movies are bonuses and i cannot wait to have all 6 of them on dvd and watch them all weekend with my future children just think of somebody being born now and getting to see all 6 from episode 1 to 6. The only thing that stinks is gungans and ewoks but little kids love these charecters,i would probaly enjoy them too if i was 6 years old.I would love an episode 2.5 gungans vs ewoks!! lol. when all said and done these movies will always be our favorites even the prequils BRING ON EPISODE 2 :crazed:

GNT
01-18-2002, 03:52 AM
Don't you have EP1 on DVD?

boss nass
01-18-2002, 04:03 AM
ive got the classics and episode 1 on dvd

Rollo Tomassi
01-19-2002, 01:29 PM
The classics aren't on DVD. What you've probably got are bootlegs of the LaserDisc versions...

Lucas said he only needed six films to tell the story of Anakin Skywalker. But just think how many other stories are out there in the SW galaxy that aren't Anakin's. Billions. if each one needed six films to tell it, well, that's alot of movies to be made...that's all I'm saying. So bring on episodes VII thru XII!

Wooooof
01-19-2002, 06:13 PM
The OT DVD's did see wide release in Hong Kong, in both SE and original versions. Go on e-bay to find tons of them. Why Hong Kong gets them but no one else does, who knows?

It seems to me that Lucas has always resented the depth fans have found in his films. That's why he slapped us in the face with Ewoks and Jar Jar, to try to break us of trying to actually find meaning in his films. He only wants them to be seen a childish drivel, and he believes that we hardcore fans should just get over it and move on.

Well, thanks to Peter Jackson many of us plan to do just that.

If Lucas had never planned to do anything else with the prequels except turn them into a CG testing ground and cameo-parade then I believe he should never have come back. What good are three new films if they just destroy all that we love about the original trilogy?

2-1B
01-20-2002, 09:34 PM
Isn't Hong Kong notorious for bootlegs?

It's been reported that China does not crack down on copyright infringement.

Beast
01-20-2002, 09:52 PM
Yep, there have been no official release of the original Star Wars trilogy on DVD. Those copies that show up on ebay are bootlegs burned off of the Laserdisc boxsets. I have the Laserdiscs that were released years ago, nice quality and I will enjoy them due to the fact I worry that Lucas will never release the Original Versions or the Special Editions on DVD.

The only non bootleg discs of the Star Wars trilogy are VCD's (Video Compact Discs). The picture quality is about as good as VHS, and they are Pan and Scan only. The movies are also broken up over 2 discs due to the small amount of video that VCD's can hold. Frankly I'll stick to my Laserdiscs, atleast until I can afford a DVD burner, so that I dont have to flip giant platters to enjoy the movies. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

bigbarada
01-20-2002, 09:57 PM
Those sets might be bootlegs but they were still widely released bootlegs in Hong Kong only. Wooof is right, from a certain point of view.;)

The sets are available in non-SE and SE versions and come with Chinese, English and Malay subtitles which can all be turned off to enjoy the movie in English.