PDA

View Full Version : ROTS Clone Trooper #6 (and variations) reviewed

plasticfetish
09-23-2005, 03:25 PM
After looking back, I was surprised that this figure never got it's own thread...

At this point the "quick-draw attack" Clone Trooper is old news, but after getting my hands on a few of the newer red "Shocktrooper" variants, I was reminded of what a fun toy this is. The new clone has stationed itself on my desk becoming the current "thing to fiddle around with when I should probably be doing something else."

The main thing that I'm reminded of with this figure, is that given all of the complaining that I and many others do (and have done) about figures with action gimmicks, it's nice to see that Hasbro can pull it off once in a while. As great as the SA Clone #41 is, it's not all that much better than this one... it's just nice to have the variety I think.

And as far as variety goes, I really like this new version.

JediTricks
09-23-2005, 05:41 PM
I like how the #6 clone can move its hips more than a few degrees unlike all the other Super Articulated clones, one of my #6s is fully kneeling. I only wish the designers had incorporated standard waist articulation on the #6, Anakin #28 has the exact same gimmick but has waist articulation, Vader #11 has a slightly more complicated version of this gimmick yet has really smooth waist articulation.

As for all the paint variants of #6, we've got the Shocktrooper and Commander Gree for the basics, and then there are several Battle Packs with variant paintjobs of this figure as well. I am not a fan of ANY of the rainbow of clonetroopers, but the only one that bothers me in toy form is Gree with those painted suspenders, it's crappy looking work and should have been a separate piece since its on its own separate card.

Phantom-like Menace
09-23-2005, 10:32 PM
Yeah, I refuse to begrudge #6 his due just because he has an action feature. Though it does have rather wide hips, they do allow the range of motion Jedi Tricks mentions. The head and neck area of #6 is head and shoulders (couldn't resist, and believe me I tried) above #41. And of course #6 comes with two guns, which is less a good thing about #6 than a bad thing about #41, I suppose.

The variations (I've got six each of Shock Troopers and 501st) just make this figure even better. I still plan to get more white #6 figures.

Luuuuuuke
09-24-2005, 01:32 AM
Is it just me or do the bodies of the 501st and Shocktroopers look kind of different? Maybe the paint schemes create the illusion that the molds are slightly different, but I get that sense. Or maybe it's the way the 501st clones were posed in the package, maybe it re-molded their pose slightly. Or maybe it's just a mirage:D

plasticfetish
09-24-2005, 02:08 AM
Luuuuuuke, I haven't seen one in person yet, but isn't the 501st Trooper a repaint of the #41 clone?

but the only one that bothers me in toy form is Gree with those painted suspenders, it's crappy looking work and should have been a separate piece since its on its own separate card.Yeah, that's the one I looked at and thought, "OK, that's really pushing it." I'll save my judgement for when I see it in person, but...

Luuuuuuke
09-24-2005, 02:36 AM
Luuuuuuke, I haven't seen one in person yet, but isn't the 501st Trooper a repaint of the #41 clone?

Not the one in the Jedi Temple Assault pack. He's a #6 clone. Probably everyone here wishes it were a #41 clone:D But the #6 is a cool clone.

plasticfetish
09-24-2005, 04:00 AM
Ah yeah, the ones in that set -- don't have it yet either. Have to wait and see in person, but I'd bet it's just the paint that makes it look different.

Kidhuman
09-24-2005, 08:49 AM
PF the carded 501 is the #41 repaint

sith_killer_99
09-24-2005, 09:31 AM
Thye 501st from the Jedi Temple Assault pack is the #6 Clone, complete with squeezy leg feature. Two of them have the shorter blastes and one has the rifle.

Speaking of the Jedi Temple Assault Battle Pack, why oh why did they pack in a Clone Pilot? Why not just give us the cheesy Anakin with four 501st Clones? The Pilot makes no sense!:crazed:

Luuuuuuke
09-24-2005, 11:15 AM
PF the carded 501 is the #41 repaint

Is this finally the case? Weren't we all complaining because the carded 501st was apparently going to be using the AT-TE gunner mold? That's what he looks like from the pictures. Then again, some of the early pics of this figure did make him look like a #41 repaint.

sith killer99, i think everyone wondered that about the JTA set. It seemed goofy to include the pilot.

Kidhuman
09-24-2005, 12:20 PM
I dont know if it was solidified that it will be 41, I just remember seeing pics oif it. I forgot about the ones of the AT-TE gunner

plasticfetish
09-24-2005, 01:42 PM
Yeah, that one looks like a #41 body...

http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=12963&cat=4005

Here's a comparison...

Kidhuman
09-24-2005, 05:43 PM
Is that Jedi blood on his feet?

plasticfetish
09-24-2005, 09:01 PM
Umm... ooh! I never thought about what that was. It could be. :dead:

Luuuuuuke
09-25-2005, 03:36 AM
Yeah, that one looks like a #41 body...

http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=12963&cat=4005

Here's a comparison...

That picture definitely shows a 501st trooper with a #41 body, but the most recent photos of the carded 501st clone show a clone that looks an awful lot like it has the AT-TE gunner's body.
If you go to the websites that are selling that figure, they all show a 501st clone with AT-TE body. Then again, that begs the question, why would they show off a 501st trooper with an SA body, only to release one with the AT-TE mold.
I guess we'll have to wait and find out.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-25-2005, 12:50 PM
The repaints go as this:
#6 Quick-Draw Attack
*White
*Red (shock trooper)
*Blue (501st in Jedi Temple Assault Battlepack)
*Gray (Clone Attack on Coruscant Battlepack)

#33 Clone Commander (Battle Gear)
*Red (Commander Deviss)
*Green
*#57 Commander Bly (Battle Gear)

#38 AT-TE Tank Gunner
*Regular
*#65 Tactical Ops Trooper (Vader's Legion)

#41 Super Articulation
*White
*#59 Commander Gree (Battle Gear)

#49 Commander Bacara (Quick-Draw Attack)
*Regular
*Blue (Clone Attack on Coruscant Battlepack)

Clone Troopers (Build Your Army) - Deluxe
*3 white
*2 white, 1 red (standing)
*2 white, 1 blue (laying)
*2 white, 1 green (kneeling)
*3 gold (DVD Commemorative 3-pack) (2 standing, 1 kneeling)

JediTricks
09-25-2005, 02:21 PM
Yeah, I just found out last night that Gree wasn't a #6, he's a #41, a friend found the whole wave.

plasticfetish
09-25-2005, 06:01 PM
#38 AT-TE Tank Gunner
*Regular
*#65 Tactical Ops Trooper (Vader's Legion)I've yet to see a decent photo of this thing carded, (even the eBay ads are using a photo that they ripped-off from "someone" else.) How do we know that this one's another version of the Tank Gunner?

...and like Luuuuuuke said... why?

plasticfetish
09-30-2005, 08:50 PM
...and so today I see lovely photos of the #65 Tactical Ops Trooper turning up, and for sure it is based on the AT-TE Tank Gunner. (Like young master JabbaJohnL said.)

So again... why? Also, does his helmet come off like the Tank Gunner? Those questions and more, next time, in another thread...

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-01-2005, 03:05 PM
...and so today I see lovely photos of the #65 Tactical Ops Trooper turning up, and for sure it is based on the AT-TE Tank Gunner. (Like young master JabbaJohnL said.)

So again... why? Also, does his helmet come off like the Tank Gunner? Those questions and more, next time, in another thread...
I don't have any of the new wave yet, but from pictures I've seen, his helmet doesn't come off. If it does, they're shying away from that in all the pictures, since I have yet to see him sans helmet.

Blackened88
10-01-2005, 07:01 PM
#41 Super Articulation
*White
*#59 Commander Gree (Battle Gear)
I assume your not counting the StarWarsShop.com Exclusive and the Target Exclusive.