PDA

View Full Version : early bird set hitting hong kong first

maatu
09-23-2005, 05:32 PM
i was looking through ebay today and i was wondering how come there is a dealer with over 25 early bird sets and selling them . but the set is not going to be shipped supposedly to u.s. customers until november. i emailed hasbro and questioned this. is someone going to get screwed out of there sets because either this dealer bought all these or stole them.

El Chuxter
09-23-2005, 05:47 PM
Wha...!?!? :eek:

Somebody get the sheriff! Oh, wait.

Does the dealer actually have these in-hand? He could've ordered 25 with the purpose of selling the figures.

JediTricks
09-23-2005, 05:48 PM
Either they're selling them over there, or they "fell off the truck". I truly doubt this will be an issue for anybody not getting the ones they ordered though, I bet we'll see a few of these show up on hasbrotoyshop.com or the SW.com shop even, probably extras that Hasbro made in case of returns or they wanted to sell 'em overseas.

maatu
09-23-2005, 05:58 PM
there is actually pictures of boxes of these sets. the guy has a set open and underneath are many more of them

El Chuxter
09-23-2005, 06:09 PM
Ah, gotcha. But it looks like Mister Tricks beat me to the punch. I doubt anyone's going to not get ones they ordered. It's pretty normal to overproduce items that are pre-ordered just in case something does happen and some are botched or stolen. And, like the man said, any leftovers will end up on some website sooner or later.

JEDIpartner
10-11-2005, 12:50 PM
I just got mine on Saturday. Don't stress out.

jjreason
10-11-2005, 02:18 PM
Mine hasn't shown up yet in Minnesota..... but I only mailed it in July. I wonder if there's "first ordered, first mailed" deal happening. I haven't seen any other threads about people getting this set..... have many people received theirs?

bobafrett
10-11-2005, 02:44 PM
Mine hasn't shown up yet in Minnesota..... but I only mailed it in July. I wonder if there's "first ordered, first mailed" deal happening. I haven't seen any other threads about people getting this set..... have many people received theirs?

No, I think Hasbro calculates the amount that each person spent the day they purchased the kit, then sends it by the most money spent on Hasbro items. I bought about $600 to $800 worth of other figures the same night I bought my Early Bird Kit, and I got my 4 figures over a week ago. (BTW, I'm just kidding)

JEDIpartner
10-11-2005, 02:52 PM
Jedi Drew got his about two weeks before I got mine and he sent his certificate out about a month after I did. It's just the luck of the draw.

dindae
10-12-2005, 09:44 AM
Got mine yesterday. I was as underwhelmed as expected. :bored:

AmanaMatt
10-12-2005, 02:24 PM
Got mine yesterday. I was as underwhelmed as expected. :bored:

If you did not like the online pics, why buy it? The final product is very similar to the online pics initally shown....

dindae
10-12-2005, 03:40 PM
If you did not like the online pics, why buy it? The final product is very similar to the online pics initally shown....

When the kit hit stores I don't believe there were online pics. I believe the first time I saw them was at CIII. However I still buy most new sculpts/repaints and would probably have bought these even after I saw the picture. The Chewbacca was good, Leia decent but articulation blew, Luke was based around the telescoping lightsaber that I didn't care for, and R2 I already had from VOTC. So I can't say I was really pleased with it. I have plenty of figure that I thought Hasbro could have given my more bang for my buck that I bought to have the entire line. This seems to be happening more and more. For the first time in 10 years I decided I wouldn't by a figure (Xmas Vader) because the price is so out of proportion from the joy I would get from it I couldn't justify it. I will be happy when the ROTS hoopla is over and Hasbro will focus on making the core line again. Hopefully this explains my position. ;)