PDA

View Full Version : target exclusives

merrick
09-24-2005, 11:00 AM
what will be the best way to get the target exclusives. where can i get the clear plastic holders (besides the official star wars ones that are $10) thank you.

merrick
09-24-2005, 11:02 AM
sorry by target exclusives i mean the annakin and the obi-wan lava reflection

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-24-2005, 11:08 AM
the best way to get the Target exclusives will be to, SHOP AT TARGET and pick them up. and those plastic holders are actually being sold at Target stores for like 10 bucks for a case of 4 or something like that. If you do hte secondary market, you're going to pay a freakin' fortune for them.

merrick
09-24-2005, 11:16 AM
shop at target every day every hour for the month of november? how do i catch these figures on the shelves? are they released on a certain day, where i can go at 10am when the store opens and guarantee they will be there?

Kidhuman
09-24-2005, 12:30 PM
There is no guarentee they will be there. Its like hunting for any figure. Luck, timing and a handy DCPI number could help.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-24-2005, 12:36 PM
shop at target every day every hour for the month of november? how do i catch these figures on the shelves? are they released on a certain day, where i can go at 10am when the store opens and guarantee they will be there?

Thats' what the rest of us gotta do. It sucks too. there hasn't been an official date set for them, like we had for the Lava Vader, so you just have to hunt as much as you can. Plus, a lot of the folks on teh forums will pick up extras if they can. Hell, if i stumble across any exclusives, i'm going to swamp them up simply so i can help out my SSGers.

merrick
09-24-2005, 02:16 PM
well i will keep my eyes open and if i do get lucky enough to catch extras i will let you guys know. thanks for the help.

trandoshan666
09-26-2005, 08:46 PM
a handy DCPI number could help.
On this subject, does anyone have the DCPI numbers for these figures? I remember seeing the shadow trooper one somewhere, but has anyone shared the numbers for these two?

PTF
09-26-2005, 09:01 PM
Does anyone have the UPC or DCPI number for the new target exclusives? Thanks.

Paul

BoPs
09-27-2005, 08:45 AM
i didn't write down the anakin and obiwan lava fig dcpi.. but here's the 2 clone ones.. battle pack and single one..

087-06-0516
087-06-0228

not sure which is which.. but you can figure it out when you type it in :) if anyone has the obiwan and anakin one post it here.. my buddy seems to want it now ;P

dashrender
09-27-2005, 08:55 AM
087-06-0516 SW UTAPAU SHADOW TROOPER 26823
087-06-0566 SW UNLEASHED BATTLE 4 PK 85768
087-06-0576 SW BASIC FIGURE 3.75IN 85770
087-06-0588 SW TRANSFORMERS FIGURE 85722
087-06-0590 SW CHOPPERS VEHICLE 85773
087-06-0030 SW COLL CASE 5PACK 87010
087-06-0053 STAR WARS WRESTLING BUDDIES
087-06-0228 SW CLONE TROOPER ATTACK 5PK 85995
087-06-0245 DARTH CAPE 45" POLY CAPE
087-06-0298 SW MUSTAFAR DUEL FIGURES 85921
087-06-0447 SW M PIRE PLUSH BUDDIES 85795
087-06-1123 ATTACKTIX BATTLE CASE ASST.6806
087-06-1204 SW PLO KOONS JEDI STARFIGHTER 8577
087-06-1491 SW MPIRE FIG 2 PACK ASST. 85739
087-06-1496 SW TIE FIGHTER WITH FIGURE
087-06-1498 SW BACKPACK HEROS ASST. 85789

I found this information listed on another site and Thought I would share.

TheDarthVader
09-27-2005, 04:53 PM
Thanks for the information! I am guessing that unleashed 4 pack is a pack of 2" figures. Anyway...the ones I want are: clone pack, clone (utapau shadow soldier), and plo koon's fighter. I already picked up the tie fighter...got lucky! ;)

B.
TDV

ndjedi
09-27-2005, 10:47 PM
Thanks Dashrender for those DCPI's! This should be the only way I will be able to get most of these is by checking the scaners. Is there any release date for any or most of these items?

cffalztar
09-29-2005, 01:16 PM
Last time I got the target excl. clone figure I emailed Target and simply asked them what day they would be released, and they told me.

trandoshan666
09-29-2005, 02:19 PM
Last time I got the target excl. clone figure I emailed Target and simply asked them what day they would be released, and they told me.
That worked? Wow. That's amazing. Have you emailed them on this one?:)

dashrender
09-29-2005, 02:56 PM
I just sent them a request for information, I'll post whatever I find out.

El Chuxter
09-29-2005, 04:04 PM
Another way to ensure you get the figures is to become a bandit. Wear a bandana around the lower portion of your face and ride a horse across the open desert, holding up every Target truck that comes into your path. Eventually, you'll get your figures.

However, I don't recommend this course of action. Unless you think it's worth it to spend the rest of your life in jail over a couple of little plastic men. :p

trandoshan666
09-29-2005, 04:29 PM
Another way to ensure you get the figures is to become a bandit. Wear a bandana around the lower portion of your face and ride a horse across the open desert, holding up every Target truck that comes into your path. Eventually, you'll get your figures.

That's actually how I got my SA clone trooper.

ace2005
10-02-2005, 03:21 AM
Here is the reply I got, begs to ? that the people on the forums know more about their products and availability then they do...:sad:

Thank you for your e-mail regarding Star Wars toy collection you are looking for.

I'm sorry you weren't able to purchase the Star Wars Clone Trooper Attack and Mustafar Duel Figures 85921 at your Houston Target store. We work hard to make sure we have the things you want and need on our shelves. Sometimes sales of a particular item may exceed our expectations, even when our buyers do their best to anticipate how popular they will be. Although these products aren't available right now, we hope to have them back in your store soon. Be sure to call or stop by in a few days to see if these items are available.Please refer to our store inventory number for these items, when inquiring with your Target store. As a guest service, we offer an automated merchandise locate service in our stores. Using the information on the price tag or shelf label our Guest Service Team will attempt to locate the merchandise at your store or at one of your ten nearest Target stores.

However,I'm sorry for any disappointment, but the Star Wars Utapau Shadow Trooper 26823 you're looking for has been discontinued and isn't available at any of our stores.

Week to week, month to month, you'll find our selection is always changing. As the seasons pass and new models, styles and fashions become available, we'll discontinue some older merchandise. That's how we keep our shelves stocked with the unique, up-to-date merchandise you've come to expect from Target.

The item was manufactured by Hasbro toy group. You can call them at (800)327-8264 to see if the product might be available through other sources.

Have questions or want more information about our products? Just check with a team member at the Guest Services Desk at your Target store. You can also give us a call at (800) 440-0680, or visit us on Target.com. Either way, we're here to help!

Thanks for shopping with us. I hope you'll visit us again soon at Target.

Sincerely,

Warren
Target Guest Relations
www.target.com (http://www.target.com)
[THREAD ID:1-10EGY6]

cffalztar
10-02-2005, 04:22 AM
Based on some of the replys I've been getting from some of you on the forums I'm getting the impression that the three Target exclusives have already been out. Is this true, and how come there was never a date posted? I'm starting to get a little annoyed that they turn SW collecting into a fanatical game. Why not make enough for everyone...they would sell.

Veers
10-02-2005, 07:14 AM
Be there when Target opens.

dashrender
10-02-2005, 10:01 AM
Yeah, well being there when Target opens is not an option for some of us!

Also, I also recieved a reply from Target indicting that they did not have a release date as of yet for the newest exclusives.

Though according to the reply you got, they have already been out and they are already gone. This seems unlikely since I have seen very few, in fact only one, auction for these new guys. And that was from Hong Kong, and I dont' think they have Targets there.

Mandalorian Candidat
10-02-2005, 10:19 AM
I stopped off last Friday at TRU to ask about the Holo Emperor figure. I got to talking with the Gen. Mgr. of that store who did not know about their exclusive at all. He was very honest about being in the dark even though collectors know about them weeks to months ahead of time. He said that they don't get notified until just before the promo if it's only a small thing like an exclusive figure. Since these are just a few exclusive items (shadow trooper, lava OB1 and Ani) it may be the case for this Target guest relations guy who has to deal with all kinds of stuff.

I submit that these are likely not to show up until the DVD release in a month's time. The last exclusive figures (holo Yoda and Target clone, I believe) were released soon before the movie came out. It would make sense to throw these out there around the time of the DVD's appearance to drum up more interest. Perhaps they'll appear in the stores' weekly mailers along with the DVD.

kool-aid killer
10-02-2005, 11:26 AM
Yeah, well being there when Target opens is not an option for some of us!

Also, I also recieved a reply from Target indicting that they did not have a release date as of yet for the newest exclusives.

Though according to the reply you got, they have already been out and they are already gone. This seems unlikely since I have seen very few, in fact only one, auction for these new guys. And that was from Hong Kong, and I dont' think they have Targets there.

Another forum member who happens to work at Target has said to expect these around mid to late October, possibly even "Black Friday" in November. There is NO official release date for these figures. It sucks, but that doesnt mean it will be impossible to obtain.

Kidhuman
10-02-2005, 06:37 PM
Based on some of the replys I've been getting from some of you on the forums I'm getting the impression that the three Target exclusives have already been out. Is this true, and how come there was never a date posted? I'm starting to get a little annoyed that they turn SW collecting into a fanatical game. Why not make enough for everyone...they would sell.

They havent been released yet. The thing with Target exclusives lately is that they get about 4 cases of them and that is it. So they dont order them it shows up as discontinued in their system and threy havent even stocked them.

Major Karr
10-03-2005, 08:00 PM
I found the Lava Darth and Obi today at a Target outside of DC. No sign of the Clone Trooper though.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-03-2005, 08:45 PM
What. Dude, you're kidding right? Tell me this is a joke and you're kidding cos this is going to be a HUGE kick in the pants if they're starting to float out. and i'd hate to be THAT guy, but do you have a pic of the dated reciept or something? I'm not saying I don't believe you, but I need something that shows they're out before i get angry and stressed about it. :crazed:

Blackened88
10-03-2005, 09:22 PM
Did you use the DPCI #?

Major Karr
10-03-2005, 09:28 PM
They were on the pegs...six of each. Trying to attach the pics, but I keep getting "can not display page". Any help would be appreciated and I will post in the morning. Thanks

Kidhuman
10-03-2005, 09:40 PM
MajorKarr, email pics to me and I will post for you.

Edit: removed email after getting pics.

dashrender
10-04-2005, 12:09 AM
Damn, time to start the daily gas gussling trips to target! Just when I'm looking to save money for a new Maul Getup.

Kidhuman
10-04-2005, 07:29 AM
As stated above by Major Karr, here are the pics of the 2 Target Lava figs.

trandoshan666
10-04-2005, 09:49 AM
:shocked: Man, and I was just starting to relax a little. Nice find.

Blackened88
10-04-2005, 11:13 PM
Who here is willing to pick up extras for SSG members for the Utapau Trooper? If I find extras I will pickem up, if I find any at all.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-04-2005, 11:31 PM
Blackened, I think everybody would get extras if they can, i'm just worried Target might attempt to enforce that assinine "limits on collectibles" policy they made up a bit ago. It's like they just don't want to make money. :crazed:

Blackened88
10-04-2005, 11:41 PM
Never heard of a "limits on collectables" policy what is it? Has anyone found Plo Koon's Starfighter?

Turbowars
10-05-2005, 12:26 AM
Plo's fighter is hitting in LA CA.

Target used to limit collectables 1 per customer. Though I haven't see the sign lately.

Blackened88
10-05-2005, 12:39 AM
Oh yeah now I remember.

Slicker
10-05-2005, 12:41 AM
Nice pick up Karr! Now I'm gonna have go out tomorrow and hope to find 'em if they were indeed released in my area.

Luuuuuuke
10-05-2005, 12:43 AM
According to someone from Rebelscum, the Clone Attack on Coruscant set is out in some places. I think the following was found in Texas:

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2005/TargetBP2.jpg

I don't know about the rest of you, but one will be enough for me. Those look like clones from the Deluxe Jet pack set.

dashrender
10-05-2005, 07:34 AM
Well I am willing to pick up an extra one, assuming I can find any at all.

jedi master sal
10-05-2005, 09:38 AM
I got the Clone Attack on Coruscant last night!!!

Also got one each of Lava Vader and Obi-wan!!

Plus even managed to nab a Plo Koon fighter!

They weren't on the shelves. So, I politely asked one of the clerks if he would look up the DCPI numbers on them and pull me one of each of the items.

Surprisingly he did with no hesitation even saying he was looking for something to do.

That's the best customer service I've had there in a good 6 months at least.

Now to the stuff:

The lava figs look good in the package. I don't know if I'll release them from the packages or not. But at $13 a poop plus tax, I think I'll leave them carded and just make customs from the $5 figs.

Plo's ship is $20. Didn't open the box up yet, but the box itse;f looks nice. His ship is VERY reminiscent of Anakin's suped up clone wars version. (huh, who knows, maybe it is Anakin's old starfighter and he gave it to Plo...I smell an EU story there)

Now as to the Clone Attack on Coruscant Battle Pack...

CRAP!!!

I'm highly disappointed with this set. I took the time to open it laast night and damn if Hasbro didn't just go and use the craptacular Jet pack Deluxe Clone sculpt for this!!! What crap. Only swivel shoulder and 90 degree elbow joints. Not the nice ball joints we've been getting!!! To boot the upper leg near the hip seems to far away from the body making it look awkward. Don't get me wrong they are better than say 10 years ago, but that's the point, better than 10 years ago, just doesn't cut it for today's standard. I know Hasbro is trying to recoup money by reusing molds, but damn! I was hoping for either a #6 or #41 (sans antennae) mold for this clone.

One good note is the paint job. On the outset the clone looks cool. Just can't pose him how you want to. So he''ll make a great basis for custom clones in the future. I'll still get 2 more sets of these if I can find them again, but I WAS willing to get 11 sets total! Once again Hasbro dropped the ball big time, IMO.

On a side note the Blue Bacara repaint is good. Not great, just good.

For those openers or those who want to explain to others who this blue bacara is, you can tell them one of the following two suggestions:
• He's Commander Appo (commander of the Spec Ops Clones who stormed the Jedi Temple
OR
• This is the new updated version of ARC trooper armor. bacara himself was one of the first commanders to be trained by the first ARC trooper "Alpha." So, it's not a stretch to make this the new clone armor.
Here's a link for reference:
http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/commanderbacara/?id=eu

All in all the set looks great boxed. So carded collectors will be happy. I think openers will be split on them, while army builders (such as myself) will be the most disappointed.

One great note is that the set only retails for $19.99. So for 5 clones that's an excellent deal, even if the clones are subpar.

My rating for this is 3 out of 5 holocrons...

-Sal

1st Prime
10-05-2005, 09:50 AM
Just to backtrack a little bit please, in regards to the Target exclusive Utapau Shadow Trooper. Well I contacted two Targets stores w/the DCPI #. Both stores confirmed that they don't have it in stock, and it was discontinued, and had no additional info. I emailed Target and received the same info. Now I read somewhere (another site maybe?) that the official release date for this figure is Sunday, October 16th? Can anyone confirm the release date? Or is this going to be the same case back in May when w/the other Target clone trooper was released early? Thanks. :ermm:

dashrender
10-05-2005, 10:09 AM
I'm sure that for the most part they will simply be put out when they arrive in the store. I'm sure most stores don't care about a release date, hell they have no idea what they are getting or when.

So most of us are relegated to daily trips to try and secure them.

I will pick up as many as I can get my hands on. I know that there are about 10 people in my area who want them, and will take them..

thestarwarsman
10-05-2005, 02:26 PM
The ole rumor mill has Target getting the Utapau Shadow Trooper by Oct. 18, now I don't know and have not looked but I heard this from a recently unemployed Target employee.. :)

Blackened88
10-05-2005, 02:30 PM
11 Sets! Man where do you get the money for all your clone buying.

dashrender
10-05-2005, 02:50 PM
I didn't mean to imply that I would by 11 sets, just that I know at least that many other people in my local star wars club that will take them off of my hands.

For those wondering, I stopped by one of my local Targets a few hours ago and picked up my first pair of Obi-wan and Vader(Anakin) Exclusives. I asked if they had the figures based on the DCPI and they did. Though they would not sell more than one set to me.

I can't believe that a pair of these guys are already selling on e-bay for around $99.

Oh well I'm going out to try and find some more!

If anyone finds the exclusive Clone troopers, I will trade a clone for exclusive of one of the others.

Blackened88
10-05-2005, 03:22 PM
No I was talking about Master Sal. :D

jedi master sal
10-05-2005, 03:47 PM
11 Sets! Man where do you get the money for all your clone buying.

heh heh. Simple: A great job that pays pretty well and a VERY understanding fiancee who's a collector as well. (Not SW, but other lines)

trandoshan666
10-05-2005, 03:49 PM
I just picked these up today at a local Target. There wasn't any aisle designated, but I checked the DPCI, and it showed they were in the back. Two extremely helpful employees located them for me, and told me I could buy only one of each figure, which wasn't a problem for me.
The store's computer showed that they arrived on Monday. This particular Target store doesn't move much product, either, so I take that as a sign that these are going to show up pretty much everywhere in the very near future.

Hellboy
10-05-2005, 04:02 PM
I just talked with a friend of mine who was in Target this afternoon and checked the DPCI numbers on all the exclusives. The only thing they had was the Clone Battle Pack but it was in the backroom. They did however pull the case for him and he hooked me up with a set so I'm looking forward to getting that soon. :pleased:

Slicker
10-05-2005, 06:29 PM
WOOHOO, I found a case of them today!

I am looking to trade someone either figure for a Lava Vader!

Anyone interested?

ThanksStart a thread in the trade section. You'd get more hits probably.

Blackened88
10-05-2005, 10:56 PM
So with everyone finding the Target Exclusives did anyone find the Utapau Shadows in quantity yet?

dashrender
10-06-2005, 12:42 AM
Well this was not my intention, I will watch for this next time, and yes, I did buy these for myself and 4 others. I will not be keeping all of them, or even selling them on e-bay...

I will not be making a profit on the ones that I provide to the other 4 people who will get them

dashrender
10-06-2005, 12:44 AM
So with everyone finding the Target Exclusives did anyone find the Utapau Shadows in quantity yet?

I was told today, that they are currently scheduled for in store appearance on Oct 18.

But since the new shelf set for Target is suppost to go live on Oct 16, you might find them out there earlier.

jedi master sal
10-06-2005, 10:19 AM
Alright fellas, let's keep it calm here.
Dash is new here, so let's give him the benefit of the doubt.
I'll agree to a point with speck's response but should add that if anyone wants to admonish someone, do so through PMs instead of directly on the boards.

The rest of us do not need to scroll through those typesof posts.

Just a note Dash (not an admonishment), you might just want to say you found the figs and not the quantity that you bought. It's usually enough for us to hear that someone found something.

dashrender
10-06-2005, 10:57 AM
Jedi Master Sal,
Thanks for that. I now realize my mistake and will follow your advice in the future.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-06-2005, 12:37 PM
I went ahead and deleted some of the random posts we had on this page.

dash- congrats on your find though and sorry for any unneeded shenanigans. I trust you'll trade/use them well. I had to chuckle though cos i remember when Target had/has limits on how many collectibles you could buy and you got a case with no problem. lol If you score any extras of the Utapau trooper, i'll take one of your hands :crazed:

I found out that my ole ole ex girlfriend supposedly manages a Target. My mom said, "hey, mike, you should become friends with her and get those figures!!" Gotta love that.

cheers kids! :)

Slicker
10-06-2005, 06:16 PM
I found out that my ole ole ex girlfriend supposedly manages a Target. My mom said, "hey, mike, you should become friends with her and get those figures!!" Gotta love that.Gotta love how moms is always trying to help.

Turbowars
10-06-2005, 06:32 PM
Alright fellas, let's keep it calm here.
Dash is new here, so let's give him the benefit of the doubt.
I'll agree to a point with speck's response but should add that if anyone wants to admonish someone, do so through PMs instead of directly on the boards.

The rest of us do not need to scroll through those typesof posts.

Just a note Dash (not an admonishment), you might just want to say you found the figs and not the quantity that you bought. It's usually enough for us to hear that someone found something.Always nice to have posts deleted by the man.:rolleyes:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-06-2005, 09:44 PM
Always nice to have posts deleted by the man.:rolleyes:

actually, i deleted your post, Turbo. if you have an issue with it, take it up with me via PM. Thank you for your consideration.

Turbowars
10-06-2005, 09:56 PM
actually, i deleted your post, Turbo. if you have an issue with it, take it up with me via PM. Thank you for your consideration.Yeah I know, why did you think I posted it?

jedi master sal
10-07-2005, 09:31 AM
Yeah I know, why did you think I posted it?
But you posted MY name instead. That's why Jedi_Master_Guyute directed it back to him.

Play nice and posts won't be deleted.

evenflow
10-07-2005, 10:37 AM
I picked up the lava figures today and the attack on Coruscant battlepack.

ace2005
10-07-2005, 04:59 PM
A ? if anyone can answer or best guess, with most of these exclusives being a 50,000 count does anyone know whether the lava mustfar exclusive is 25,000 anakin lava and 25,000 obi lava making up the 50,000 count or will there be actually 50,000 of each of the characters, the reason I ask is most of the reported cases or complete pegged figs found are six each comprising an entire case of twelve, another note is also these figs are numbered with the same upc when rang up at the register???

Thanks,

:thumbsup:

Good Luck

dashrender
10-07-2005, 05:17 PM
I was kinda wondering about the UPC thing myself. How do they know what they have if they both use the same code.

As for the actual numbers of each, I have no clue, but then again, I have a clue about little anyways...

I recently found out that TRU reuses product codes as well. This sure does make it a pain to find products.

Turbowars
10-07-2005, 06:46 PM
But you posted MY name instead. That's why Jedi_Master_Guyute directed it back to him.

Play nice and posts won't be deleted.LOL, what ever.

TheDarthVader
10-10-2005, 11:30 AM
Back to the topic at hand...I called my local Target today and gave them the item numbers. The helper told me that they did not have any of the items in stock: clone pack, anakin/obi wan, utapau clone, or plo koon's fighter. I was kind of shocked because so many of you have already found most of these! The helper told me that those exclusives would be available on the 16th of October. What!? I don't get it.

B.
TDV

dashrender
10-10-2005, 01:41 PM
They were probably telling you that because on their screen it says new shelf date of Oct 16.

I have found that some employee's will give you the item even though it has a new shelf date, but others won't.

Hate to say it, you might just have to make a trip into the store.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-10-2005, 01:48 PM
well, i got my last exclusive, the shadow trooper via e-bay this morning for a really good price. A bit higher than 12.99, but hey, this way i won't have to get in line at 7 am again and/or deal with rude, unknowing Target associates. All that's left is the plo koon fighter and i know those won't be nearly as hard to get as the figures. Eat it, Target!! :crazed:

Jaster
10-12-2005, 06:54 PM
There is no actual street date for any of the exclusives. The reason they are not putting any out is because there is no "home" for them yet, that is to say that they are not on the planogram for those of you that know the lingo. The planogram changes on....you guessed it, October 16th everything will be available then (if your particular Target still has them) except the Shadow trooper which I have yet to see come in.

JawaJoe
10-12-2005, 10:18 PM
Found these today. 5 obi wan, 1 anakin, and 5 of the battle packs. They were on the end of the isle just like others have reported. I was really surprised to see these as my Target didnt set out the previous vader exclusive until the actual release date.

TheDarthVader
10-12-2005, 10:35 PM
Why do employees LIE to you? I called target and gave a person working toys each of the four dcpi numbers for plo koon's fighter, clone pack, anakin/obi, and utapau clone. He told me that they didn't have any of them!
I went to target today to see, and I personally typed in each number on a price checker...BINGO! Two of the four showed "in the stockroom". I asked for assistance and a nice guy went to the stock room and brought out one clone pack, one anakin, and one obi wan. WOW! Just the other day they didn't have any!? I didn't say anything to the manager or anyone else.
Here is a kicker: I requested that the clone pack be in decent shape (box wise). When the guy came back he told me that the one he had was "the last one". How can it be the last one? There was NO spot on the shelves for these, and I have made about 3-4 trips A WEEK! Well apparently a fellow I work with has a brother who works for target. When I was at work talking to him he told me that Shannon (one of his guy friends) had found the clone pack and bought two of them. Hmmmmm. I am not sure how many come to a pack, but my target will not have the clone pack come the 16th (if that is the release date or whatever). Heck, everyone's confused! I am upset at Target and how they handle these exclusives. With the lava vader it was, "There was a pick mistake at the warehouse." I had to trade a fellow forum memeber a loose Kitik for him. At least I got one! :D RANT OFF

B.
TDV

dashrender
10-13-2005, 12:50 AM
Has anyone heard of a ship date on the Shadow Trooper? that is Ship to Target?

jedi master sal
10-13-2005, 08:44 AM
Why do employees LIE to you?

Easy, they just want to get rid of you. (It's happened to me on more than one occassion.)

Here is a kicker: I requested that the clone pack be in decent shape (box wise). When the guy came back he told me that the one he had was "the last one". How can it be the last one?

Simple, if other collectors in your area knew the DCPI, they could have done the very same thing, therefore depleting the stock before it ever hit the shelves. This happened quite a bit in my area. Heck, I'm guilty of using the DCPI code as well for those as well as the LAVA figs.

Unfortunately, we have to play this game with them. Personally, I hate to do it, as I don't like bothering the employees and don't want to be labeled as "one of those collectors." I wish I could just wait for stuff to hit the shelves, but with their asinine store-to-store policy of restocking shelves, you have to sometimes go further and use the DCPI.
Heck, I've even had a manager get frustrated with me by knowing past DCPIs and just that fact that I knew what a DCPI was. To that I told him that if he would drop the policy of only stocking over night and allow employees to pull stuff during the day, then I wouldn't need to know the "angle." That or hold something for me as I was a dedicated Target customer who doesn't just buys toys, but many other products as well. He just got more in a huff, but couldn't dispute what I had said. (In the end of that incident, I eventually got some new figs, well new at the time. Though it took 40 minutes of "discussion" to do so.)

-Sal

sith_killer_99
10-13-2005, 11:14 AM
Yeah, I know what you mean. I got my Coruscant Attack packs and Lava figures lat week. They pulled them from the back, as of yesterday they still haven't put them out on the shelves.

As for customer service, it varies greatly based on the particular store. One of my local Target store has great customer service. They hooked me up with the Target Clone a few months back and they helped me with the new stuff last week. Of course I am always very appreciative and go out of my way to thank them whenever I can. I also make sure I only bug them for the exclusive stuff.:yes:

aricajade
10-14-2005, 10:52 AM
I saw our local Target has made space on the pegs for the Lava Reflection Obi/Ani figures. They have put stickers on three pegs, but when I checked the system it said none in stock. I'm guessing the 10/16 plan sounds legit.

jaxx
10-14-2005, 03:26 PM
Well... I went to a Target today, and I picked up the Lava OB1 and Ani. When I got in my car and looked at them in a bit more detail, I noticed that it doesn't say that it's an exclusive anywhere on the packaging. I was a little disappointed with this, as I'd like to have each exclusive identify itself as one.
I saw the Coruscant Attack battlepack, but I didn't get it. I'll get it a little later on. I just didn't want to spend over $55 for three things at one time...
They had a ton of each though. they had about 12 each of the OB1 and Ani. They had about 7 Coruscant battlepacks left, and about 10 of Ploo Koon's starfighter.

Sean the Hutt
10-14-2005, 05:44 PM
well, I only go for the exclusives. I don't bother shopping at target and wal- mart for other goods ,especially at christmas. Vote with your dollars, it is the only thing that matters. Or better yet, goto targets survey center, or customer service and tell them that.

El Chuxter
10-14-2005, 06:32 PM
I saw two Lava Obi-Wans yesterday. No Anakins, which was very weird. I can't imagine anyone buying these POS's and not getting the set. :confused:

I'm done with these overpriced "Lava Reflection" and "Holographic" turkeys. I got the Vader (the one from April), and that's the end of that.

Let's see. . . at $14.00 after tax for one poorly repainted figure I already have vs $21.54 after tax for the set of four Clonetroopers and a Clone Commander, it was no choice whatsoever deciding which to pick up.

TheDarthVader
10-14-2005, 06:48 PM
I think that the Anakin and Obi Wan will be the end of the lava reflection figures. What other figure could they possibly make (which would make sense) as a lava reflection figure? None.

I haven't decided about the Plo Koon fighter yet. I will probably pass. He is my favorite Jedi so I have been considering picking up the fighter.

I didn't notice that the packages were missing target stickers or "exclusive" stickers. It is suprising that Hasbro didn't put something on them :confused:

B.
TDV

sith_killer_99
10-14-2005, 07:18 PM
Lava Reflection C-3PO
Lava Reflection R2-D2
Lava Reflection Pregnant Padme'
Lava Reflection Emperor Palpatine
Lava Reflection Crispy Anakin

LOL;)

jimmymiro12
10-14-2005, 07:52 PM
Can someone put in the 4 dcpi codes. please also can someone post the UPC code for the Holo- Palpatine.

Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thnx in advance,
Jimmy M

timmae
10-14-2005, 09:28 PM
wow sith killer. i was just thinking lava padme. how about a lava shock trooper? just kidding hasbro!!!:mad:

Blackened88
10-14-2005, 09:53 PM
Well I went to Target today and got Plo Koon's Starfighter, I also got in a crash and got my car impounded on the way. :mad: Was it worth it NO.

Turbowars
10-14-2005, 10:02 PM
Well I went to Target today and got Plo Koon's Starfighter, I also got in a crash and got my car impounded on the way. :mad: Was it worth it NO.Impounded? Wow what did you do?

I just opened and applied the stickers to Plo's ship and I must say I like it, looks better than Obi's red version. Now I want Plo's blue Astro Droid carded. Come on Rehashbro, you can easily do this one.

Blackened88
10-14-2005, 10:27 PM
Well I had last years registration, and for some reason my brother had this years. I was also thinking about them making that droid fig.

Slicker
10-14-2005, 10:37 PM
Can someone put in the 4 dcpi codes. please also can someone post the UPC code for the Holo- Palpatine.

Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thnx in advance,
Jimmy MHere's a list from the beginning of the thread.

087-06-0516 SW UTAPAU SHADOW TROOPER 26823
087-06-0566 SW UNLEASHED BATTLE 4 PK 85768
087-06-0576 SW BASIC FIGURE 3.75IN 85770
087-06-0588 SW TRANSFORMERS FIGURE 85722
087-06-0590 SW CHOPPERS VEHICLE 85773
087-06-0030 SW COLL CASE 5PACK 87010
087-06-0053 STAR WARS WRESTLING BUDDIES
087-06-0228 SW CLONE TROOPER ATTACK 5PK 85995
087-06-0245 DARTH CAPE 45" POLY CAPE
087-06-0298 SW MUSTAFAR DUEL FIGURES 85921
087-06-0447 SW M PIRE PLUSH BUDDIES 85795
087-06-1123 ATTACKTIX BATTLE CASE ASST.6806
087-06-1204 SW PLO KOONS JEDI STARFIGHTER 8577
087-06-1491 SW MPIRE FIG 2 PACK ASST. 85739
087-06-1496 SW TIE FIGHTER WITH FIGURE
087-06-1498 SW BACKPACK HEROS ASST. 85789

jimmymiro12
10-15-2005, 08:39 AM
Can you please tell me the other codes for lava anikan and lava obiwan

thnx

abell748
10-15-2005, 08:51 AM
The code for Obi and Ani lava reflection is the same as the Mustafar Duel figures. These are the figures they are talking about.

TheDarthVader
10-15-2005, 10:49 AM
087-06-0298 <--Anakin and Obi Wan have the SAME number.

The skn number for the holograph palpy (AT TRU) is 258846. Call your local TRU and give them this number to check inventory.

B.
TDV

trandoshan666
10-16-2005, 09:50 AM
I saw the Utapu Shadow Trooper Saturday at the Dallas Comic Con. It's pretty cool, but not worth the $30 the guy was charging for it. I asked the vendor how he had gotten it, and he said he got a case from an overseas seller. He also said the shadow troopers wouldn't hit the shelves at the majority of Targets until the day after Thanksgiving, with some stores putting them out in advance.

dashrender
10-16-2005, 09:55 AM
I saw the Utapu Shadow Trooper Saturday at the Dallas Comic Con. It's pretty cool, but not worth the $30 the guy was charging for it. I asked the vendor how he had gotten it, and he said he got a case from an overseas seller. He also said the shadow troopers wouldn't hit the shelves at the majority of Targets until the day after Thanksgiving, with some stores putting them out in advance.

This is great to know. Now I know I can sit back and relax a bit. Though I am here to say that I will definitly be looking around the DVD release as well.

Again, thanks for the info.

Luuuuuuke
10-16-2005, 01:13 PM

I heard pretty much the exact same thing from a supervisor at a local Target. He said late November, early December.

TheDarthVader
10-16-2005, 01:39 PM
Yes. Apparently I was misinformed. A guy who I called told me that these would be released today on the 16th. After church, I went to Target and no Utapau trooper. :( So I asked for help. The worker was nice and did a good job but could not find a Utapau trooper in the back. :( I told him about one worker telling me that it would be released today. I guess that guy was WRONG!

B.
TDV

dashrender
10-16-2005, 01:54 PM
I went to several Targets today expecting to at least see a peg for the exclusives. and nothing. Nor did they have the new 5 pk clone troopers.

I asked and they were more than happy to bring out both to me though.

darth cynik
10-16-2005, 02:46 PM
went to Target in Niagara yesterday, and they had 3 or 4 of each Lava figure and a couple of the Clone sets. I passed on all of it, but the Clones look nice, I just don't need 'em. Having seen the Lava Reflection figures, I have to say they're cooler than the pictures made them look but they don't do enough for me to drop the cash for them.

I WILL buy an Utapau shadow trooper if I see one, but I'm having doubts about that.

dashrender
10-16-2005, 03:37 PM
Why don't you think you will find the shadow trooper?

Now don't get me wrong, I think they will sell out 10 times faster than the Lava ones, but if you found those on the self?

rich_of_the_dead
10-16-2005, 05:36 PM
i went to my local target today and found the lava refelction vader and obi-wan kenobi the had them on the end cap but the odd thing was the peg had a lock on it like the things in electronics. i had to wait like 10 minutes before the guy came to unlock them.he asked me how many i wanted i said how many can i have? he said all if you want but i just took 2 of each.when i left they had like 15 left of each. no shadow trooper yet:thumbsup:

vulcantouch
10-17-2005, 12:10 AM
t666: "He also said the shadow troopers wouldn't hit the shelves at the majority of Targets until"

dr: "Now I know I can sit back and relax"

-not sure i'd just take a scalper's word at face value; wouldn't be surprised if he's just tryina throw you off :dev:

sith_killer_99
10-17-2005, 12:23 AM
I will continue to hit Target and input the DCPI code for the exclusive Clone. So far I keep coming up with nothing in stock. So it is likely that these will not be out for a while. Still it pay to be vigilant.:thumbsup:

dashrender
10-17-2005, 12:39 AM
I will continue to hit Target and input the DCPI code for the exclusive Clone. So far I keep coming up with nothing in stock. So it is likely that these will not be out for a while. Still it pay to be vigilant.:thumbsup:

Hate to say it, but I'll do the same. I might not hit everyday.. but a lot of them.

Funny thing to. I put the DCPI number into one of my local Targets and it showed them having the Lava's in stock. But when I asked about them, they said that they had nothing out of the ordinary in the back.

Kinda odd how the computer disagrees. I just left and went somewhere else

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-17-2005, 09:26 AM
I went to my target saturday night as I had called ahead and was told they had the PK Fighter. Much to my surprise, they had about 4 pegs of the Lava Figures. This was at 8:30 on a saturday night, so i'm assuming they had put them out later in the day. Also, i have about 3 extra sets if anybody wants them. Drop me a PM if interested. Cheers! :D

Major Karr
10-17-2005, 12:27 PM
I just noticed that my Obi is in a Sith star case. The symbol on the Darth card matches the symbol at the top of the case, which I thought was the Sith sign. The Obi card has what looks like the Republic symbol. I think this happened with the Target clones as well. Anyone have something different?

Mandalorian Candidat
10-17-2005, 09:46 PM
There are plenty of the duel figures at my local Target, and after seeing them live for the first time I'm not surprised. A pretty lame exclusive if you ask me. Now the clone 5-pack...for $4 per figure that's a great deal.

jaxx
10-20-2005, 04:53 PM
Shoot, it's not $4 per figure at the Target by me. It costs about $25... which is about$5 a fig. Still a good deal though.

sith_killer_99
10-20-2005, 05:15 PM
I have noticed that the price on these "Battle Packs" varies by individual store. Odd, I know, here are some prices I have seen.

Most basic packs: $19.99

Jedi Temple Assault:
1st K-Mart $21.99
2nd K-Mart $24.99

Coruscant Attack:
1st Target $19.99
2nd Target ALL BATTLE PACKS originally marked $24.99 on sale this week $22.95 (or so).
3rd Target $19.99

Strange, I bought a few Jedi Temple Assault packs, I paid $21.99 at the first K-Mart and bought 2 from the second K-Mart for $24.99 each.:rolleyes:

I also bought 2 Coruscant Attacks from the 1st Target for $19.99. The second Target didn't have any but the shelf for the Battle Packs was marked $22.95 or so...sale price marked down from $24.99. Then the third Target had the Coruscant Attack for $19.99.

I also noticed that 2 of my local Target's had the basic figs for $4.31 and the other had them for $4.79.:crazed:

TheDarthVader
10-20-2005, 07:05 PM
I have noticed price differences at Wal Marts too! And I think it is stupid to have different prices at different stores. It does not make sense.

B.
TDV

jaxx
10-21-2005, 09:25 AM
I agree that price variances from store to store are rediculous. The K-Mart exclusive battlepacks by me were going for $29.99 at the stores.

dashrender
10-21-2005, 09:54 AM
I hate to be the nah-sayer here, but I find it hard to believe that no one here likes the idea of a free market.

jedi master sal
10-21-2005, 10:05 AM
Yeah, I sucked it up and bought a JTA set for $29.99. The first one I found was $27.99. Damn, I WISH I could have found them for $20-25...

Target BPs are all over the place in price here (Pittsburgh). Ranging from $20-26

WM fig prices are weird. I paid $4.77 for some figs and $5.88 for other. Yet they were ALL from the same case?? WTPH?!?

sith_killer_99
10-21-2005, 11:07 AM
WM fig prices are weird. I paid $4.77 for some figs and $5.88 for other. Yet they were ALL from the same case?? WTPH?!?

I ran into that problem at Wal-Mart as well, with some of the newer figs #57-63. Some were ringing up at $4.77 and others rang up at $5.88. I just told the cashier they were marked $4.77 on sale and she gave 'em all to me for the sale price of $4.77.

I hate to be the nah-sayer here, but I find it hard to believe that no one here likes the idea of a free market.

That's not really the point.

If I go into a Wal-Mart and buy something, then go to 3 other Wal-Marts in my area they will have the same item for the same price. That's the whole point of have retail chain stores. Now granted it will vary somewhat across the country as a whole, but within 15 miles of each other?!?! Why would I even bother buying, say #41 SA Clones from the Target charging $4.79, when I can get them at another Target down the road for $4.31!?!?

I found the JTA pack for $21.99....regular price, not on sale. Then I hit another K-Mart 15 miles away and the price was $24.99 and some here have paid as much as $29.99 at retail. To me, that just says someone screwed up somewhere, since K-Mart is the only store to carry these.

It just stands to reason...

Wal-Mart charges $4.XX
Target charges $5.XX
K-Mart charges $6.XX
KBToys charges $9.XX LOL

For the same item.

Not...

Wal-Mart #1 charges $4.XX
Wal-Mart #2 charges $5.XX
Wal-Mart #3 charges $6.XX

That just dosen't make any sense.

Mandalorian Candidat
10-21-2005, 03:59 PM
I've found the same thing and not just for SW items. My wife buys a lot of Yoplait at WM. One store has them for 59 cents. Another (about 5 miles away) has it for 57 cents. A third (another 5 miles up the freeway) sells them for 69 cents. She asked a cashier about this and the reply was that the stores are in different 'districts.' To me that says each store is its own district. Yeah, definitely oddball.

kingyeti
10-21-2005, 08:01 PM
i found the corrusant attack tonight and it was 20 buck. i had to get two.