PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Transformers!!!

Jangu Fett
09-24-2005, 07:47 PM
I know that this isn't a forum for Transformers, but it seems that the new line will have, what looks like Action Fleet Mini-Figures with them. Check out the first 2 photos in the link below. It's the only photo of any of them carded. but, well look...........

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=8&itemid=7937

Kidhuman
09-24-2005, 07:51 PM
Those look pretty interesting. Will have to see them in person for a final decision

JediTricks
09-25-2005, 12:01 AM
I think the X-wing and Vader's TIE look like they were built off the Galoob Action Fleet molds, not direct moldings but definitely a jumping-off point. That X-wing's main body seems identical to the AF one, same thing with the Vadermobile's wings.

Turbowars
09-25-2005, 12:16 AM
My god, those are horrid. The idea was lame and how on earth did it get any further than the drawing board? The X-wing and Star Fighter are the worst. It's laughable.:yes:

mastermatt24
09-25-2005, 01:37 AM
Hurray! More stuff I dont have to buy! :thumbsup:

figrin bran
09-25-2005, 01:54 AM
i'm with kidhuman on these. they look interesting enough but i'll have to see them in person to make my final decision on whether or not to purchase.

sergiurusu
09-25-2005, 05:39 AM
They look pretty nice. I'm curious about their price and size comparing to old AF

Jangu Fett
09-25-2005, 10:15 AM
If all of these have a Action Fleet scale Mini-fig I'll get them all, but we'll have to wait and see. All and all, though I think they look pretty good. With the X-Wing being the exception.

sith_killer_99
09-25-2005, 10:24 AM
I will pass! :smoker:

StarmanSkywalker
09-25-2005, 06:14 PM
I will probably get General Grievous. He has a nice headsculpt and I am a fan of the Wheel Bike design. I don't have a 3 3/ 4" version of the vehicle either.

You can see Obi Wan sitting in the cockpit of his Jedi Starfighter. Looks like he is molded into his seat. Still great!
I hope every vehicle comes with a mini figure! What about those discs that are packed in, by the way?

Slicker
09-25-2005, 06:19 PM
These are pretty interesting. I'm not too sure about 'em but I'll give these the benefit of the doubt until I see 'em.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-25-2005, 07:24 PM
I doubt I'll get these but they're much better than what I expected. Well, maybe Grievous and Vader, but I think Obi-Wan and Luke look dumb as stumps.

Jangu Fett
09-25-2005, 08:00 PM
I think that disc is just so you can see what is looks like in both vehicle and robot forms, but who knows yet? Right now I'm itching to find out if all of them will have mini-figures. 2 of the other 11 ships are a A-Wing/? and Boba Fett/Boba Fett's Ship(Slave-1). And THIS ONES IS ONLY A RUMOR, a Death Star/Emperor Palpatine, but this one is supposed to be the same size as the Gaint Transformers Unicron. If true, get ready to shell out about 60 buck for that.

trandoshan666
09-25-2005, 09:48 PM
I can't envision myself ever buying one of these things. I'm not a Transformers fan to start with, but I think this is one of the dumbest ideas I have ever seen. :upset:

JediGoofy
09-26-2005, 05:43 AM
I am speechless! :upset:
What a horrible idea! :rolleyes:
I wonder if anybody can think these "things" can sell better than new AF vehicles WITH AF figs! :dis:
Moreover I am amazed they decided to take off the AF figs from the SAGA AF and the new Titanium Ultra line, and decided to put them in this Tranformers line! :frus:

Sgrunt!
JediGoofy

kool-aid killer
09-26-2005, 01:39 PM
Part of me likes them and another part thinks they dont look too good. Its something different, and its cool to see the vehicles in a robot form, but at the same time the robot form doesnt look too good on some of them, mainly Obis Jedi starfighter. Im leaning towards passing on them, but that could change once i see them in the stores.

Warstar
09-26-2005, 07:27 PM
I hate to admit this...but...

I kinda' LIKE them- as long as A) They DON'T even ATTEMPT a Star Wars/Transformers cross-over and B) These things remain for show and NEVER become some part of either Star Wars or Tranformers canon.

I have bought a few TF's in my time (both the Armada and Energon paint jobs of Unicron ((I got them on clearance both times- each costing only $25 or so)) and the die-cast Japanese version of the red Sideswipe Dodge Viper convertible- I am still after the die-cast Japanese Dead-End, the black hard-top version- and, of course, the 20th Anniversary Prime- only $30 for me, thanks to the small-town Bozeman, Montana Target clearance aisle! :D ) and I think Star Wars TF's are an interesting idea.

I applaud Hasbro for exploiting 2 licenses at once all at the same time I abhor them for doing so! :p

I mean Star Wars has lost a LOT of "street cred" this year with me already (thank you Mr. Lucas for Star Wars lottery tickets, etc.), so this shameless plug for two licenses at once doesn't surprise me.

I'll get them when the time comes...

Can't wait for the Shrek or Batman Transformers sure to come :rolleyes:

Jangu Fett
09-26-2005, 08:33 PM
Well guess what Hasbro is going to bridge the gap between Star Wars and Transformers. Yeah, later in 2006 Hasbro is supposed to be doing Star Wars Tranformers that are campatable to a existing Star Wars line. One that IMO, should have never been done. Star Wars Tranformers Attackix. These, if Hasbro does really do it will be able to be used in Attackix games.

I wonder why Hasbro WASTES money on these extremely lame ideas, but skips out for the Micro Collection and Action Fleet. I can understand why they would want to do a crossover between 2 of their best selling toy lines. And I know I'm in the minority on this , but I liked the Star Wars Transfomers shown so far. This Star Wars TF Attackix line is just a disgrace to both SW and TF. This is just as bad as those GI Joe Lego set they released about a year ago.

You would think that Hasbro, a company that asks fans what figures they would like to see. Would have at lest some idea what other toy lines would interest the fans. (MICRO MACHINES and ACTION FLEET....Hint, Hint)

Oh, and thanks to Warstar for giving Hasbro a idea for late 2006. Shrek and Batman Transformers. 2007 will mark the release of........................

BARBIE TRANSFORMERS

Warstar
09-27-2005, 05:00 PM
They can't do Barbie Transformers! Mattel would get angry...

Um...

How about My Little Pony or Furby Transfomers? :D

*Runs*

JediTricks
09-27-2005, 08:59 PM
I showed SirSteve the link to the images of these things this weekend and he posted the news, it was a short article as always but the most opinion I've ever seen him put in those things... he REALLY disliked them! Shocking because usually he is cool with everything. I knew right then that these had to be the focus of this week's poll, and the poll is now up. :D

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=29960

K M Toydarian
09-28-2005, 04:17 AM
Well guess what Hasbro is going to bridge the gap between Star Wars and Transformers. Yeah, later in 2006 Hasbro is supposed to be doing Star Wars Tranformers that are campatable to a existing Star Wars line. One that IMO, should have never been done. Star Wars Tranformers Attackix. These, if Hasbro does really do it will be able to be used in Attactix games.

The way I took that news was there are to be Transformer Attactix, in the same scale as Star Wars Attactix, and they can be used, at your own discrection in the same battle, so Optimus Prime can fight Darth Vader if you like. This I don't mind. I like the Attactix game, and don't mind Hasbro using there new dumbed down role playing game woth other licenses. I could easily see a GI Joe Attactix line, etc.
Kids love to mix their toys and crossover storylines, and these are geared to kids. But I don't think we have to worry about "Star Wars Transformer" Attactix figures.
IMO the SW Transformer line's life will be up to the kiddies, as there doesn't seem to be much support from collectors. I don't think they look good enough.
I do think with the inclusion of the mini figs, though, maybe they were going for a Voltron effect. A ship that becomes a robot, both piloted by a real person.

JediGoofy
09-28-2005, 04:23 AM
I showed SirSteve the link to the images of these things this weekend and he posted the news, it was a short article as always but the most opinion I've ever seen him put in those things... he REALLY disliked them! Shocking because usually he is cool with everything. [...]
This makes my already high consideration for SirSteve even higher! :yes:

Ciao,
JediGoofy

Jangu Fett
09-28-2005, 08:47 AM
Well it looks these will have mini-figures. Check it out.

http://www.rebelscum.com/article.asp?i=94982

Jangu Fett
09-29-2005, 07:35 PM
Well after doing some looking around for anything about this line, I found this rumor list of what the first 11 SW/TFs are.

Luke Skywalker / X-Wing Fighter
Darth Vader / TIE Fighter
General Grievous / Wheel Bike
Obi-Wan Kenobi / Jedi Starfighter
Boba Fett / Slave 1
Darth Maul / Sith Infiltrator
Anakin Skywalker / Jedi Starfighter
Snowtrooper / AT-ST
Clone Trooper / ARC-170 Fighter
Emperor Palpatine / Star Destroyer
Jango Fett / Slave 1

Who knows if this are true, but I can see 2 JSF and Slave-1s being done. We all know how much Hasbro enjoys repainting a item, then re-releasing them. I for one hopes this line does really well. The more I think about them, the more I like them. I'm really surprised that so many people dislike this idea. I'm shocked Hasbro didn't do one sooner.

JediTricks
09-30-2005, 02:59 PM
Slave I was the only other ship I heard Hasbro had mentioned at BotCon, but maybe they said something after that.

Looking at the photos on www.bwtf.com , I'd have to revise my original statement and say that these are NOT Action Fleet scale, but somewhat larger (like 25% or so).

Jangu Fett
09-30-2005, 07:52 PM
Yeah, a number of sites said Slave-1 or Fett's Ship was one of the 11. Well I guess 2 others can be added to the list. Ani/JSF and Jango/Salve-1, I would really be surprised if Hasbro doesn't do them. Slap on a new paint job and 2new toys, or Hasbros line of thinking "More Money". They'd only have to do molds of the mini-figures. PLEASE DO JANGO, PLEASE DO JANGO. Sorry, I'm dying for a AF scale Jango figure.:)

I think that first link I posted also mentioned a A-Wing. Oh well, it's a rumor list. Until I see the actual pictures, they'll stay on that list.

StarmanSkywalker
10-15-2005, 08:33 AM
I hope this isn't old news but the link above isn't working at the moment (RS is down temporarily)- therefore I couldn't check. So anyway, here it goes:

Obi Wan's ROTS Jedi Starfighter with Obi Wan Mini-Figure!
http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2005/hasbro_swtransformers_obiwan.jpg

Write me down for a Wheelbike and a Jedi Starfighter. Not sure about the rest yet. And you know what the Whee-Bike will include.....AF sized General Grievous!

EDIT: Okay, link is working again- sorry for reposting old news.

JediTricks
10-15-2005, 04:10 PM
The astromech droid hanging off his buttplate is kinda funny, but I think this looks pretty nifty myself and I don't understand all the instant-animosity towards this line.

Jangu Fett
10-15-2005, 05:31 PM
Yeah I know I was wondering about that too?:confused: As soon as news about these came out, before the pictures and all. People were already saying "Why is hasbro Doing this????" Personally I think they all look really good. Luke/X-Wing being that exception, not saying it looks bad. It just does look as good as the others. I'm can't wait till NY Toyfair to see more. Only 4 more months.

I don't know, maybe it's just me. Why do I feel like this has happened before? Wasn't there a similar disscusion when Lego said it would be doing Star Wars themed sets?

Look how well those are doing.

JediGoofy
10-17-2005, 03:56 AM
I don't understand all the instant-animosity towards this line.
Hi JT and JF, I can only speak for myself, but the reason why I reacted so negatively about these Transformers is because of the fate of AF and MM lines after Hasbro acquired Galoob.
Everybody say Galoob had a very good SW line (even action figure collectors were buying MM and AF :) ). Then Hasbro stopped it all. :sad:
In the last years we saw some attempt to resurrect these lines: Saga AF, micro vehicles, Titanium, Titanium Ultra.
In all these cases Hasbro produced a lot of rehashes and a small number of new vehicles (and the trend is still the same with the last Titanium Ultra line; it looks like in the first 2 waves we will have 4 rehashes and 2 new vehicles), and the rehashes were part of the reasons of the failure of the ended lines (surely Saga AF, and also micro vehicles, in which the last wave, the 3rd, composed entirely of new vehicles, was not as cheaply done as the first 2, but it was too late).
Now the Titanium line (normal and Ultra) seems to be more welcome than the others, but it is still full of rehashes. :dead: The reason is clear, Hasbro wants to test the market without spending too much money producing new molds, which are very expensive. I understand this, but I also know in this way it is very easy to kill a new line before putting out the good and new stuff (see Saga AF).
And now Hasbro creates this new line with 11 brand new vehicles in which the molds (due to the transformation feature) should be far more expensive than AF vehicles! :stupid: :frus: :tired:
Nothing of what I say is particularly clever or new; this is just to clarify my personal point of view about this issue, with the deepest respect for other opinions. :)

Ciao,
JediGoofy

P.S. LEGO, imho, is completely different, in that case there were no other SW lines who could have been cannibalized by the new line. Maybe the people complaining were classic space or castle people, not SW fans. ;)

Warstar
10-17-2005, 04:37 AM
Hmm. Jedigoofy does have a point there.

I suppose another thing that causes animosity here is the amalgram of two prominent licenses that Hasbro owns that probably wouldn't even happen, for any reason, if Hasbro didn't own both properties. In other words, if, say, ToyBiz owned the Star Wars license and Hasbro still owned the Transformers, would this Star Wars Transformers line even happen? Would it even be a glimmer in someone's eye? Probably not- and it's Hasbro's exploitation of their licenses that I think has many, MANY collector's, Transformers AND Star Wars fans up in arms over all this. The only thing I think that would make a bigger stink would be offering NASCAR Transformers...

That said, I'll still buy these Star Wars TF's- I like them for the toys they are- as long as Hasbro never incorporates these things in a storyline, they'll be fine.

'Sides- 10 years from now, flop or fly, this line will be worth a fortune (kind of like PSP UMD movies), and collectors will either grin or grimace- truly those lines are sometimes the best :)

Jangu Fett
10-17-2005, 02:37 PM
The only thing that I'm trying to figure out is, Why is Hasbro doing Action Fleet ships ( Ultra Titanium Series ). And Action Fleet mini-figures ( Included with the Star Wars Transformers ) and not putting them back together? Ok, the original AF wasn't Die-Cast, but thats what this "new" line is. Plastic, Die-Cast whatever. These are AF ships, so why not add the pilot mini-figs? Then just call them the " Titanium Fleet ". I think adding the pilot figure to this line will increase the line apeal to kids looking for ships. Instead of just ships that are pretty much marketed to collectors.

JediTricks
10-17-2005, 03:43 PM
Goofy, how about judging the line on its own merits though?

Jangu Fett
10-17-2005, 04:58 PM
Jedigoofy has some points. However, IMO only 3 ultra Titaniums are rehashes the X-Wing and rumored Snowspeeder and AT-AT. I don't think the Gunship falls into being called a rehash. Yes Hasbro did release it originally as a AF ship, but seeing as it never was widely released. I consider it a new ship. The plastic AF version was EXTREMELY, if not impossible to find. I found only Jango's Slave-1, and I only seen it that 1 time.

Anyway thats another SW line. These Star Wars Transformers are another toy line intirely. Yes Hasbro may, in the future redo the AF and MM. But right now there is no AF of MM. Ultra Titanium is not the AF. Heck IMO hasbro never did any Action Fleet. They only did cheap imatations of that once great toy line.

JediGoofy
10-18-2005, 04:26 AM
Goofy, how about judging the line on its own merits though?
Actually I do not like them, but I would not be "mad" at them if not for the reasons I explained before.
If it was another toy line I simply would not buy it but I will not state publicly my adversity (I do not think my opinion is better than anyone else, you know I am usually an easy person :) ), but in this case I feel frustrated, like this -> :frus:
;)

Ciao,
JediGoofy

P.S. Only one other time I complained on the forums: when LEGO decided to issue the Death Star II in the Ultimate Collectors Series. :mad: I do not like it at all and it took away the record for the biggest LEGO set to the wonderful Imperial Star Destroyer. :(

Turbowars
10-18-2005, 11:44 AM
Goofy, how about judging the line on its own merits though?They look like crap on their own merits JT. They all look cool as ships, but look pathetic as human like robots.

JediTricks
10-19-2005, 04:38 PM
They look like crap on their own merits JT. They all look cool as ships, but look pathetic as human like robots.
Why JediGoofy, your voice has changed some. :p

Ok, as long as we're straight on the record as to why we do or don't like 'em.

AndyW
10-27-2005, 06:42 PM
Star Wars transformers, has someone at Hasbro been on drugs? Interesting idea, and while I certainly aren't interested in them, kids might find them funky I suppose.

Jangu Fett
10-28-2005, 04:29 PM
Here are some loose pics of the first wave.

http://www.52toys.com/misc/35_111388.jpg
http://www.52toys.com/misc/35_111389.jpg
http://www.52toys.com/misc/35_111391.jpg
http://www.52toys.com/misc/35_111390.jpg

darktrooper7
11-01-2005, 06:43 PM
Looking at those pics, the scale is totally different on each of the vehicles. Comparing the figs to the ships, it would seem that the x-wing and DV's Tie look to be pretty close to AF scale. But the wheel bike and JSF are WAY WAY WAY out of scale.

Look at the obi-wan figure and compare it to the R2 unit. The R2 unit is huge in comparison, and the cockpit looks way too big for the figure too. If you were to display these next to normal AF's or UTs its going to look funny. A shame since we dont have a JSF in AF.

And the wheel bike as a whole is just way to big for the figure. The wheel bike should have been similar size to vehicles which came in the AF battle packs (eg lukes landspeeder) not a full sized vehicle. The little figure will look stupid sitting in that huge bike, and its no where near the scale shown in the film.

And having smaller vehicles would have been a good move by hasbro too since normal transformers have always had various sizes. They could have starfighters in AF scale, land speeder/walker type vehicles in the smaller AF battle pack scale, and then capital ships in a larger scale (maybe around or a bit smaller than collector fleet).

Warstar
11-01-2005, 08:47 PM
Did anyone else think about a tranforming Star Destroyer?

Then did you think about MegaMaid from Spaceballs?

Did you then laugh your ***** off at the thought if Hasbro actually MADE a transforming MegaMaid? Or Star Destroyer with a vacuum? I mean, hey- these TF's don't fit in any story canon- so why the hec NOT make a Star Destroyer with a vacuum? :D

I'll still buy them :p

Jangu Fett
11-03-2005, 08:43 AM
Well it seems like RS has info about this line. Aside from the SWTF we know of there is a deluxe 2 pack to be releases. Two SW charaters the combine to form a one large ship. RS is thinking that its Han Solo, Chewbacca / Millennium Falcon. That was the first combo I thought of. I really hope its true.

JediTricks
11-04-2005, 03:45 PM
I don't believe it at all, that sounds WAY out there, I would definitely chalk this up as rumor and wait for confirmation.

Jangu Fett
11-06-2005, 02:23 PM
Yeah, I know right now it's only a rumor, but still I think thats a really cool idea.

Jangu Fett
11-29-2005, 11:22 AM
First pics of Darth Maul / Sith Infiltrator

http://tformers.com/ig.php?mode=album&album=5251&dispsize=1000&start=0

Kidhuman
11-29-2005, 11:53 AM
Looks like poo-doo

Jangu Fett
11-29-2005, 04:44 PM
Yeah these shots look bad they're only test shots of the prototype. Hopefully in a couple weeks we're see the finished version. Along with Boba Fett.

JediTricks
11-29-2005, 08:15 PM
I don't think this Maul looks too bad, more Transformer than human but I don't mind, I'm a TF collector too. He gets his double-saber in 2 parts. If the coloring isn't too horrid, this should be ok if not stellar.

It's kinda weird they did the Sith Infiltrator though because the current TF line has Vector Prime in it whose alt mode is directly borrowing the Sith Infiltrator's lines.

Jangu Fett
12-13-2005, 10:57 AM
I think I'm in love.:love: 'Bout time they show Boba Fett, This set looks great.

JediTricks
12-13-2005, 08:36 PM
I gather with the news of the 2nd wave of figures, SirSteve has been prompted to create this SW TF forum and move this thread into there.

I like all 3 of these, but Boba having twin blasters clearly means he's really meant to be Jango, they could at least have given him a different weapon accessory. On another TF board, someone pointed out about the Maul test shot photos that leaked out last week that his head seemed more robotic and thus fit better with the Transformers than Vader and now Fett and some of the others, and I'd have to agree with that.

Jayspawn
01-04-2006, 03:09 PM
I saw these in stores for the 1st time today. Crap.

Tycho
01-06-2006, 04:08 AM
Ditto, Jayspawn. Ditto. I was not inspired to buy these. I did like the way they were packaged however, but as an Alternator Fan (Transformers) and a guy that has a few SW figures, I wasn't inspired into going for these.

JediTricks
01-06-2006, 03:44 PM
Tycho, you buy Jedi Force and Galactic Heroes, these I believe would be right up your alley, at least Obi-Wan who is the only 1 I currently own, I think you would appreciate him.

Tycho
01-06-2006, 06:10 PM
Let's see if I can make any sense...

Galactic Heroes and Force Battlers are animated-style (differently) and are cute children's toys. (add JediForce to this as well). They are based off organic characters like Ewan McGreggor, Hayden Christensen, etc. They offer the possibility of rough play as well - the 3 3/4" line I buy for dioramas and once I get them grouped together right, and looking good, I rarely dare to move them. The 12", similarly, I display them to accent my 3 3/4" displays as I also started using the non-poseable 7" Unleashed.

Galactic Heroes, Jedi Force, and Force Battlers you can throw in a grocery store bag and take out and mess around with them when you feel like it - and even make them fight with their action features (FBs).

SW Transformers have robotic faces (why wouldn't they, anyway?) and don't have the organic feel that SW does. I love Transformers, but Hot Rod, Optimus Prime, Megatron, Starscream - they aren't supposed to be organic. Obi-Wan is. You're re-writing SW to say that he has a Jedi Starfighter he can jump into that turns into a juggernaut (Robotech style) that he can use the Force through. Not to mention, if you want detailed miniature ships, there's the Titanium Series (which I don't collect) and the old Action Fleet. The mini-figures of Obi-Wan, Anakin, etc. as pilots look as bad as the old Action Fleet figures did (and I didn't collect them either). If these things were metal, it would improve their quality, for sure. But I can't tell since I haven't played with any that were loose. I'm betting they're plastic. The thing with Alternators (though I own them and they are obviously plastic) - they look metal ever since I saw Sideswipe's glossy red paint job in the first Alternator's package.

I'm a Transformers fan. I'm just not a fan of these, or their still-tiny scale.

Kidhuman
01-06-2006, 10:14 PM
I saw these today. Was tempted to put them on lay-a-way but decided not too. I will wait for clearance. The only one I liked was Grievous.

highlander3000
01-07-2006, 02:52 AM
I got a good look at these today and was pretty impressed with Vader and Grievous. I may pick them up but have a lot on my wish list that's ahead of them.

Andrew

El Chuxter
01-07-2006, 03:09 AM
I'm completely with Tycho (though I may make an exception for Maul if he actually looks like the prelimary pics). I have to add that, so far, they all look hella-cheap and definitely not worth the cost of 3 2.5 figures.

JediTricks
01-08-2006, 03:58 AM
Tycho, you're trying to think about these too much, IIRC you did the same thing with those other lines and caved after the first one. If you don't believe me, read your posts about your first Jedi Force purchase - I was mortified at the time BTW. ;)

Tycho
01-08-2006, 12:49 PM
Well, JF turned out to be cute. We'll see if I can stick to my guns this time. BTW, I may need to borrow some closet space for my Force Battler collection :D

Val Da Car
01-08-2006, 02:29 PM
First pics of Darth Maul / Sith Infiltrator

http://tformers.com/ig.php?mode=album&album=5251&dispsize=1000&start=0

This probably is Hasbro's idea of getting a Darth Maul Sith Infiltrator ship to the collector community.:upset:

Kidhuman
01-08-2006, 05:52 PM
This probably is Hasbro's idea of getting a Darth Maul Sith Infiltrator ship to the collector community.:upset:

Actually, it might be their way of judging if it will sell or not.

Tycho
01-08-2006, 06:48 PM
Hardly. It's a friggin' Transformer (although one of the nicer looking SW Transformers I'll have to admit). But they could have just as easily released a Titanium Series Sith Infiltrator or something (not that I'd buy that either). I can't wait until they bite the bullet when they try Dooku's solar sailor or the Gungan Bongo Sub. :rolleyes:

This might be a nice idea if they were large like Cyberton Series (I think) Starscream or actually made of metal like the Titanium stuff appears to be.

Meanwhile the Transformer I'm shopping for is an Alternator called Sunstreaker that turns into a yellow Dodge Viper - a car - what a novel idea!

JediTricks
01-08-2006, 10:35 PM
There already is a Sith Infiltrator die cast and Action Fleet, so it's not like they don't have the molds. Tycho is right, this TF is unrelated to selling the 4" figure version (which I doubt they'd do, it's barely in the film and doesn't do *anything*).

Oversized Supreme Starscream is not a popular seller, many Targets and WMs have clearanced them already, it's just too big to be fun. Metal would be nice but Hasbro kinda hates metal, they don't use any on the TF line, their Titanium line only happens because it's a different division.

I saw TF:Alt Sunstreaker the other day, his paint doesn't match up that well, he's just a repaint of Dead End. Need me to get one for you though if I see it again?

Tycho
01-08-2006, 11:07 PM
Yes. I'd buy Sunstreaker from you :love:

Let me know if you come up with one. I'll look a little myself. I haven't really seen my stores restock after Christmas though.

BountyHunterScum
01-11-2006, 06:55 AM
There already is a Sith Infiltrator die cast and Action Fleet, so it's not like they don't have the molds. Tycho is right, this TF is unrelated to selling the 4" figure version (which I doubt they'd do, it's barely in the film and doesn't do *anything*).

Oversized Supreme Starscream is not a popular seller, many Targets and WMs have clearanced them already, it's just too big to be fun. Metal would be nice but Hasbro kinda hates metal, they don't use any on the TF line, their Titanium line only happens because it's a different division.

I saw TF:Alt Sunstreaker the other day, his paint doesn't match up that well, he's just a repaint of Dead End. Need me to get one for you though if I see it again?

Yep the Sith Infiltrator die cast micro machine from 1999, along with Gian Speeder, Royal Starship, Trade Federation Battleship, Sebulba's Podracer and AAT tank.

DarkArtist
01-11-2006, 12:24 PM
Finally found a Vader transformer in the Target in Manalapan NJ. looked okay but waiting to find a Obi Wan Stafighter one before I make up my mind on whether or not to collect them.

JediTricks
01-11-2006, 05:25 PM
Yep the Sith Infiltrator die cast micro machine from 1999, along with Gian Speeder, Royal Starship, Trade Federation Battleship, Sebulba's Podracer and AAT tank.
You forgot the Republic Cruiser and Droid Fighter. ;) Plus the unproduced 3rd wave: Naboo Starfighter, Anakin's Podracer, Trade Fed Landing Craft, and Gungan Sub.

Off the micro machines die cast and Sith Infiltrator topics, there is going to be a case shipping soon replacing Vader with Luke/X-wing, so Vader will be scarce but return soon after in a case *with* the Luke and the others.

Warstar
01-12-2006, 12:54 AM
...I still have yet to see these SW TF's here in Montana...grr...

On another note, don't buy the U.S. Alternators- go for the Genuine Japanese Takara Binaltechs- they use die-cast metal instead of plastic for the majority of the body. I imported both my Red Sideswipe and Black Dead-End from Japan (BT-02 and BT-05) and they are leaps and bounds better than their U.S. counter-parts. Darn Hasbro for being cheap and using plastic!

Sunstreaker as a Yellow Viper would be cool though...

*Goes to look for the Japanese version*

...they have them out there, but some are knock-offs! Amusing! :D

Weird...

*Waits for the SW: TF knock-offs :D*

Tycho
01-12-2006, 01:59 AM
Yes, each Oscar Award transforms into a character from Narnia, a giant ape, Harry Potter, or the Batmobile.

JEDIpartner
01-12-2006, 01:11 PM
Now that I've seen these in person, I have to say they REALLY SUCK!

BountyHunterScum
01-21-2006, 01:15 AM
You forgot the Republic Cruiser and Droid Fighter. ;) Plus the unproduced 3rd wave: Naboo Starfighter, Anakin's Podracer, Trade Fed Landing Craft, and Gungan Sub.

Off the micro machines die cast and Sith Infiltrator topics, there is going to be a case shipping soon replacing Vader with Luke/X-wing, so Vader will be scarce but return soon after in a case *with* the Luke and the others.

Oh yeah the Radiant VII Diplomatic Ship that got wasted.

BountyHunterScum
01-21-2006, 01:16 AM
...I still have yet to see these SW TF's here in Montana...grr...

On another note, don't buy the U.S. Alternators- go for the Genuine Japanese Takara Binaltechs- they use die-cast metal instead of plastic for the majority of the body. I imported both my Red Sideswipe and Black Dead-End from Japan (BT-02 and BT-05) and they are leaps and bounds better than their U.S. counter-parts. Darn Hasbro for being cheap and using plastic!

Sunstreaker as a Yellow Viper would be cool though...

*Goes to look for the Japanese version*

...they have them out there, but some are knock-offs! Amusing! :D

Weird...

*Waits for the SW: TF knock-offs :D*

I buy both Alternators and Binaltechs.

JediTricks
01-22-2006, 04:30 AM
Ouch, pricey! Importing BTs is way expensive around here and I think that market is driven by demand more than import issues.

Yup, good ol' Radiant VII, which if you look at the shape of the ship carrying the Jedi and Palps at the end of TPM in closeup once its landed is the same ship (the bell-shaped ship seen in the longer effects shot clearly doesn't have that shape at the bottom, my guess is they had the setpiece built for the Radiant VII from its scene in the Trade Fed battleship and just stuck with it).

BountyHunterScum
01-22-2006, 04:52 AM
Ouch, pricey! Importing BTs is way expensive around here and I think that market is driven by demand more than import issues.

Yup, good ol' Radiant VII, which if you look at the shape of the ship carrying the Jedi and Palps at the end of TPM in closeup once its landed is the same ship (the bell-shaped ship seen in the longer effects shot clearly doesn't have that shape at the bottom, my guess is they had the setpiece built for the Radiant VII from its scene in the Trade Fed battleship and just stuck with it).

Cool, since they are built from the same company. Corellian Engineering Corporation.

sergiurusu
02-22-2006, 04:24 AM
I got the Grievous Wheelbike, and have to say I'm so dissapointed of this line. :cry: :cry: The bike doesn't stay in shape, maybe only if I glue it. The only thing i like is the Grievous minifig. No more Transformers for me!

Miss you AF and MM!:love: :(

JediTricks
02-22-2006, 05:02 PM
I do not understand why people are buying that Wheelbike one, that's the ONLY figure in the line so far that I've avoided buying... wait, I forgot, I spotted Anakin on Monday and passed. Still, it's always looked inherently flawed to me. I would suggest judging on Obi-Wan, Vader, or Luke, but not Grievous - heck, even the minifig is sub-par to the other minifigs, he's got no arm articulation.

Warstar
02-22-2006, 07:11 PM
I'm with JT on this one- except that if you're only going to buy one, buy Vader's TIE. It sold me on the line in general, and now I'm after them all (even if Grievous stinks, according to everything I read).

sergiurusu
02-23-2006, 06:55 AM
I wanted that because AF didn't make Grievous Wheelbike (already have Vader's TIE from AF). But I'll pass all other Transformers from now on. There are other lines I'll look into.

Tycho
02-23-2006, 11:38 AM
Do you think they'll make a Mouse Droid? :D

Bossk77
03-23-2006, 12:09 AM
All i have to say is: My kingdome for a Tripple-Changer!!!!!!! You know you want one........:yes: EXE: Jabba that turns into a Sail barge that turns into a bowflex....

Samuel Windu
03-23-2006, 06:21 AM
The only worth to pick up is Boba Fett,IMO:bandit: