PDA

View Full Version : any New England finds?

boss nass
01-18-2002, 04:07 AM
please post any finds here please

boss nass
03-06-2002, 11:21 PM
hi okay lots of finds first Medford tru has fx7 wave also, Danvers has zutton and eeth khon wave and plenty of 25th anniversaries and last but not least you can find c3po masterpiece at Borders book store in Danvers let me know how you made out for 19.99 :sur:

Hellzer
03-07-2002, 07:21 PM
Boss Nass speaks the truth. As of 5pm Thrusday, the Danvers MA TRU has at least 5 or 6 each of all three 25th anniversary sets and 4 Zuttons still left over. No more Eeth Koths left, sadly, since I bought the last one :happy:. Thanks for the heads up, Nass.

boss nass
03-07-2002, 07:37 PM
hey anything to help out where u from Malden here

Hellzer
03-08-2002, 01:18 AM
I live in Essex myself; pretty much the end of the line. The Danvers/Peabody area, with a stop to a KB in Beverly, is as far as I go for my toy runs. We really need to expand our MA network syndicate considering how everything SW related seems to be in short supply here and apparently all of New England for that matter. These guys in Utah, LA, and Colorado don't know how good they have it :p

Dryanta
03-09-2002, 12:45 PM
the TRU in South Portland Maine had the sneek peek figures first thing this morning(Saturday).good luck

boss nass
03-10-2002, 12:37 AM
anyone else find these preview figs yet?

chenlembec
03-10-2002, 06:10 PM
I picked up 3 of the preview figures friday night at thr TRU in Woburn. Igot the last Zam and Clone trooper they had, as well as R3-T7. Unfortunately no Jango's. I am all about epanding the new england collector ring, as as far as I can tell there isn't one, but somehow my local stores ever have anything! I am from Arlington, about 15 minutes from Tru's in Medford, Cambridge, and Woburn, and Recently we got target in Everett (minutes from Medford) and Woburn. SO I am all set for Tru's and Targets, but we get jack for Wally World (wal-mart). Thre nearest one to me is 30 minutes away. Anyone else find and more Eeth Koth or Zutton's?

Hellzer
03-11-2002, 07:57 PM
Not much in the way of findings but I might at well keep the thread going:

Target in Danvers, MA has a few Amanamans if you're desperate enough to pay $16 for it. They also had the Han/Chewie and Vader/Obi-Wan 25th anniversary sets for $15 ($1 cheaper than TRU....go figure) and 4 or 5 Bespin guards mixed in with the usual glutton of the Ketwol wave for you army builders. TRU in Danvers still has most of 25th anniversary sets as well. KB Toys in Beverly has a whole bunch of Deluxe Bacta Lukes and 2 Deluxe Mauls on clearance for $6.99, and the Ames in the same shopping complex has some tongued Jar-Jars left over. Not a trace of a single preview figure in sight; just the normal slim pickings that I'm used to :frus:. It must of been some act of God that allowed be to snag an Eeth Koth last week.

boss nass
03-12-2002, 01:05 AM
thanks hellzer!just kidding i heard you found the Eeth between the chewies nice find but on to better things a friend picked up the prevew figs at tru in woburn but they were the last ones still keeping my eyes open though

chenlembec
03-13-2002, 12:43 PM
Hi Guy's,
My contact at the Woburn TRU informs me that they should be getting more preveiw figures either today or possibly tomorrow (there are trucks scheduled for both days) they have 2 cases on order. I was told that they did get one case of Eeth & Zutton, so hopefully the'll get these to. I will be heading over there after work to check out the situation.

Hellzer
03-14-2002, 12:18 AM
Things appear to be picking up in my surrounding areas. I actually took a trek up to the TRU in Woburn just for the hell of it tonight to see if I could find it without getting ridiculously lost. On my way there however, I stopped by the TRU in Danvers, as I'm often on to do, and found some leftovers of the FX-7 wave. I picked up the last FX-7 for myself, but there was still a Amidala Royal Decoy, Sabe, and a (once again) poorly hidden Rebel trooper that I put back on the peg still left over. That was as of 7:30pm Wednesday so chances are slim they'll still be there tomorrow. At that point I headed over to the TRU in Woburn where unfortunately all I could find that was recent was 1 Zam Wessel, so hopefully Chenlembec's source has yet to put out the new cases. I did however see 3 mint AT-ST's there, plenty of 25th anniversary sets, and some TIE Interceptors. They also had more Ep1 Nute Gunrays for $1.97 than anyone could ever imagine. I might go up there again tomorrow after work and maybe have better luck.

Hellzer
03-14-2002, 07:38 PM
I finally found the preview figures at the Walmart in Danvers tonight! They had plenty of Zams and R3-T7s, a few clone troopers, but sadly no more Jango Fetts, since once again I snagged the last one available (along with Eeth and FX-7, that brings my streak up to 3 in just this week alone!). Hopefully all the surrounding Walmarts have an equally hefty supply for you other local collector's sake.

Dryanta
03-15-2002, 04:10 PM
As of about 2:00 pm the TRU in South Portalnd Maine has Preview figures and a couple AT-STs.
Hope it helps

chenlembec
03-17-2002, 09:04 PM
I went didn;t get th chance to hit TRU before last Friday, so I was really hoping they hadn't put everything out yet. I went right to 7C and saw a couple of Zams, clones and R3s, and not one Jango, so I asked the employee in the aisle if my freind was working, and he said he had just left. I took a chance and asked if he knew if my freind had put any Jango's aside, and he had so now I have one. Good luck guy;s

chenlembec
03-19-2002, 12:35 PM
Has anyone found any of the BoShek wave around here? I haven't seen them anywhere. I will be hitting all of the local targets this week, I will let you know what I find. Later,

Dryanta
03-20-2002, 10:11 AM
I found the Bo shek wave this morning at Wal Mart in Augusta Maine.Doubt it'll help anyone but I'll post it just the same

Hellzer
03-20-2002, 02:07 PM
I hit the Walmart in Danvers again today to see if they had the BoShek wave but there were totally cleaned out sadly. There were still a good amount of preview figs available including one Jango Fett which I found hidden and put back on the peg. This was as of 1pm Wednesday so get your *** over there if you still need one.

boss nass
03-20-2002, 07:27 PM
hey hellraizer i found the boshek wave at the Danvers walmart at 4:30pm 2 sets i picked up one. i was also told there was more at the walmart on the lynnway so get your but over there!I still need that Jango though and still looking for the at-st:)

Hellzer
03-20-2002, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by boss nass
hey hellraizer i found the boshek wave at the Danvers walmart at 4:30pm 2 sets i picked up one. i was also told there was more at the walmart on the lynnway so get your but over there!I still need that Jango though and still looking for the at-st:)

Aw, frick! I missed the damn wave by mere hours. And all I wanted was an R4-M9. I thought he'd be the easiest to find out of the three, but I guess that's not the case. I don't want to go up there again anyway. I'm in there so much as is they probably think I'm a frequent shoplifter.

Too bad you didn't get to snag that Jango I found, Nass. I seem to have good luck finding him apparently, so if you still can't pin one down and I see one somewhere myself, maybe I'll stash it away somewhere in the store so you can pick it up later. I still need to pay you back for helping me score that Eeth Koth at TRU.

boss nass
03-20-2002, 11:30 PM
sounds great ill do the same for you ill be hitting more stores tommorrow ley me know which figs your looking for ill get them for ya,buy the way do you collect vintage?:)

Hellzer
03-21-2002, 02:03 AM
As I said, the only one I'm interested in until April 23rd is R4-M9 (w/ mouse droid). I don't even really want it that bad, but it'll be nice to get eventually. Shame I didn't manage to pick one up today. I'm really gonna try to make a consorted effort to calm down with my toy runs for the time being.

By the way, did you check the Endicott St. K-Mart in Danvers for a Jango? Nobody seems to shop there anymore (I can see why it's closing). You might have some luck thrown upon you.

boss nass
03-21-2002, 05:53 PM
found at-st today if someone needs one let me know i have one on hold, awsome piece, price total was 31.49:sur:

boss nass
03-21-2002, 06:19 PM
oh i forgot i also found the Lego jedi starfighter

boss nass
03-22-2002, 01:26 AM
2 fx-7s and Queen decoys at tru in Revere:)

boss nass
03-25-2002, 02:49 PM
yoda lego set found at seabrook n.h walmart:)

jake
03-27-2002, 05:13 PM
Let me know what you guys are looking for and I will try and help out. I am off to search the stores to see what I can find. I don't anticipate that I will be as lucky as our friends in California finding EP2 figures, but you never know.

jake
03-27-2002, 06:39 PM
Not too much at the Walpole Walmart. They had Lando, Tessek, Jar Jar, R2-Q5, and Bespin Guard on the pegs. Plenty of 25th Anniversary Sets. There was also an entire end cap of lego Jedi Starfighters if anyone is looking..........

Dedham TRU had plenty of FX-7 wave as well as plenty of AT-ST.....

boss nass
04-02-2002, 07:57 PM
hey guess what I have found! the new atoc collection 2 figures.
at walmart in seabrook nh. I got nervous when I got to the cash
register I didn't think they would scan. BUT THEY DID !!!!!
Still 3 sets left there so hurry hurry hurry!!!!!!!:)

Darth Shinji
04-03-2002, 02:23 PM
O.K. everybody check this out:
Danvers Wal Mart Tuesday morning at exactly 7:00---
AotC series 2!!
I personaly picked up Plo Koon, Boba Fett, Shaak Ti, and the Tusken mom, left Captain Typho and arena battle droid. (will get them later)
Salem KB toyworks today wednesdat april 3rd
Jedi Starfighter!
there were three when I went in at 1:30, still may be two left!
I'm going to try to add the file of my Plo Koon w/reciept
(they were all 5.99, and the starfighter was 21.99)
Good luck!!

boss nass
04-03-2002, 10:11 PM
thanks for the info darth shinji i picked up the last starfighter at kb and the Danvers wal mart had all the preview figs they were on a pallet and i ripped open the box and helped myself thank you!!:)

Darth Yambag
04-03-2002, 10:19 PM
I don't care for legos so I didn't get any, but if you are...

LEGO AOTC in a big way at North Reading Walmart
LEGO only:
Republic Gunship (a couple of these at 89.99, Very Impressive)
Zam and Anakin's speeders
Yoda masterpiece
Jedi duel with Dooku and Yoda
Tuskin Encounter
Slave I and Jedi Starfighter
The Big Jango and Super Battle droid (electronic I think)

Plus all the good legos (Imperial shuttle, Darth Vader)

For Hasbro...Only sneek preview=1 x Jango, many Zam and R3T7

Exit 38B on rt 128 (to Rt 28, about 15 min ride, on left of highway)
Lego's only (except the sneek preview)
Republic Gunship was Most Impressive to someone who doesn't care for LEGOs

Darth Shinji
04-04-2002, 02:03 AM
:D :D :D Glad I could help
Sorry about the confusion, there were both lego and hasbro starfighters @ K B in salem
I'm going out in the morning, I've got the day off from work (Loews at the Liberty tree Mall---free star wars woooo-hoooooo!!!!!!!) Sorry had to toot my own horn there. :rolleyes:
Will try to give an updatefrom other stores in and around the area by 10:00 ro 11:00 AM
Happy Hunting!!:D :D :D

boss nass
04-04-2002, 02:25 AM
what do you mean free star wars?

Darth Shinji
04-04-2002, 08:11 AM
:D :D :D
Sorry,
Lowes is the 20 screen theater in the Liberty Tree Mall, I'm part of the management team. I'm also training to be a projectionist.
So, on non-busy days free admission to AotC!!

Darth Shinji
04-04-2002, 12:58 PM
Just got back from NH
Hookset Wal Mart had a pallet out with one box marked do not display before april 23rd
It was collection 2 Plo Koon, Shaak Ti etc...
This was about a half hour ago,
I picked up one of each for my friend, except Boba Fett, so theres probably still all six plus an extra lil' Boba
Hope this was helpful!:D

Darth Yambag
04-05-2002, 06:40 PM
DARTH SHINJI,

Any info updates on ticket info at Libery Tree Loews? Advance tickets, Midnight screening, telephone/fandango access...anything?

I was at LTM loews for the first (10:00)am screening of Ep. I

Help me Darth Shinji, you're my only hope...

boss nass
04-07-2002, 12:19 AM
where the hell are the tie bombers?!!!!:dead:

Darth Shinji
04-07-2002, 01:45 AM
That's what I was wondering.
Maybe they think it's ok to put out the E2 stuff, and not the exclusives!! lol
:crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

bosskmr
04-08-2002, 12:54 PM
I've been to 5 different Wal Marts in central Mass and there have been zero Tie Bombers/Speeders

I also found a case of Collection 1 on the self.....grabbed them all and they came up NO SALE ALLOWED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hellzer
04-08-2002, 04:21 PM
Damn, I'm really missing out on all the fun with my moratorium until the 23rd, but it's good to see more and more New Englanders helping out the cause here.

Anyways, as someone else mentioned a few days ago, if any of you are nearby an Ames store, I'd suggest getting over there if you can. I went to the one in nearby Gloucester MA today, and not only did they have a boatload of Amanamans and Sail Barge Leiahs for $3.49(!!), they also had a few Jedi Starfighters as well. I know they have quite a few stores scattered around the NE area, so maybe the same finds are available at one near you.

Darth Yambag
04-08-2002, 05:38 PM
Exclusives found in Eastern Mass...go to MA finds in this tread t find out (Just found USA > MA finds)

Darth Shinji
04-09-2002, 04:00 AM
Looks like we're all S.O.L. from now untill the 23rd.
Aparently hasbro's cracking down on the leaks in the stores.
But I was in suncoast (Danvers - Liberty Tree Mall) looking at their Spider-Man stuff, and what did they have?
One Hasbro Jedi Starfighter.
The guy there said they got 2 in and are expecting more stuff, but he didn't know exactly what.
Price was 21.99, same as KB Toyworks.

Mall opens @ 10:00 :)

bosskmr
04-11-2002, 08:51 AM
Right when the AOTC figures started showing up in Mass Wal-Mart starts the No Sale Allowed crap:frus:

Oh well only a few more days to we have more Ep II stuff then will no what to do with

boss nass
04-13-2002, 07:27 PM
snowspeeder and tie bomber found at seabrook walmart make sure you have an employee help ypu they are sitting out back there were 5 left!!!

corby73
04-17-2002, 02:19 PM
I posted the following on the 10th after I bought the figs on the 9th. Check it out!

I did it! I bought 17 figures from Attack of the Clones! I walked into
Walmart in my home town of Groton, Connecticut to pick up some stuff
and decided to do my normal walk through of the toy aisle even though I
knew the figures wouldnt be out until the 23rd. But to my surprise, I
noticed a few pallets of boxes in the main aisle near the toy section.
After doing a couple of double takes, I realized that in fact the boxes
did say Episode 2 on them! I looked at the first and it was a deluxe
figure assortment. I grabbed it and opened it in a different aisle. I
pulled a deluxe Jango,Mace, and Obi. I put them in my cart and went back
for more looking around with caution knowing that a Wal-Mart employee
might not want me opening the boxes, especially these! I grabbed 2 boxes
of AOTC wave 1 figures. They both had a wave 1 abbreviation on them but
one with an extra number or something so I knew it had different
figures in it. They also said, do not open until April 23rd or something!
to that effect. My memory isnt serving all that well due to my
excitement! Out of both boxes I pulled the following figs,
#01 - Anakin Skywalker (Outland Peasant Disguise)
#02 - Padmé Amidala (Arena Escape)
#03 - Obi-Wan Kenobi (Coruscant Chase)
#04 - C-3PO (Protocol Droid)
#05 - Kit Fisto (Jedi Master)
#06 - Super Battle Droid
#11 - Battle Droid (Arena Battle) (White)
#13 - Jango Fett (Kamino Escape)
#14 - R2-D2 (Coruscant Sentry)
#15 - Geonosian Warrior
#16 - Dexter Jettster (Coruscant Informant)
#20 - Saesee Tiin (Jedi Master)
#21 - Nikto (Jedi Master)
#24 - Jar Jar Binks (Gungan Senator)
I proceeded to the check out quickly but had the feeling that I wasnt
going to make it out of the store. I found an open register and set my
stuff up and then all of the figs. The girl ask if I was a fan, and I
asked her" Do you think so" She said she saw like one of the Star Wars
movies. I couldnt believe it. I asked if she ever heard of C-3PO she said
no!!!! She did say she heard of R2-D2 though. But anyway, She tried to
ring the 1st figure up but it said something like no sale or something
like that. Then she tried others and they all did the same thing. I was
getting nervous. She asked me if I got them from a box and I truthfully
said yes. I also added that they probably werent checked in yet or
scanned. She then decided to call the manager and thought for sure my dream
of getting these figs was over! The manager came over and tried the
same as the other cashier. No sale. They didnt even mention anything about
not being able to sell them until the 23rd or anything! It wa!
s like they never heard of Star Wars or something. So anyway, the
manager asked me how much they were and I was like " uhhhhh.... the deluxe
ones are like $9 and the smaller ones are like $7 or something" She then
decided to do a price check and went away from us to the toy aisle. I
was almost sweating by now! She came back a few moments later and said,
the big ones are $6.96 and the others are $5.88. I couldnt beleive the
low price she gave me! She then had to type them all in manually and
wrote STARWARS for the 14 regular figures on the register and MEDSTARWARS
on the 3 deluxefigs. I was so nervous and exited at the same time, I
tried to help the cashier put them in the bags. I paid, thanked the
cashier and manager alot for taking the time to punch them up on the
register, even though they didnt know they werent supposed to be released, and
got the heck out of there as fast as possible! There were other boxes
on the pallets of course, but I just grabbed those since I was s!
o nervous. I saw the Jedi Starfighter Box, Slave 1 Box, and some
Lightsaber Boxes also. There was other stuff there also Im sure! I just
really wanted the figures though. I know I didnt get them all but they could
be in wave 2. I am not totally sure though. I am just very happy with
what I have in my possesion right now! I dont think I will be able to
sleep! Long live Star Wars!!!!!!
P.S. I wrote this message twice to let everyone know! Sorry if I offended anyone! Go try and buy some! I did!

boss nass
04-26-2002, 07:54 PM
keep em coming please!! more info,more info thanks