PDA

View Full Version : Hello, my name is SK99 and I am a Clone Addict!

sith_killer_99
09-25-2005, 08:17 PM
I told myself that I would not give in to the power of the Clones.

But I am weak. With Wal-Mart's new low price of just $4.77 I have found myself buying more and more of these Clones. Lately Wal-Mart has had such a great selection of Clones I can't help myself.

I have amassed a rather large army of Clones. Two here, three there, there are just soo many on the pegs I can't help myself. I may need to go into rehab.

Super Articulated
AT-TE Gunner
AT-RT Driver
Clone Commander (Green and Red)
Shock Trooper
Commander Bacara
501st (K-Mart set)

Still looking for:
Commander Bly
Commander Gree
501st (single carded)

To hasbro's credit they have done a great job getting out a variety of Clones to fans and collectors. I must admit I am a bit jealous that they have not done as good a job with the OT army builders.

Perhaps we can look forward to Hasbro kicking out some awesome new OT army builders with the new line in 06. Perhaps they will take a que from the ROTS line and crank out plenty of them!

I would love to see Hasbro come out with new AT-AT Drivers, AT-ST Drivers, Imperial Officers, Sandtroopers, Snowtroopers, Death Star Troopers, Death Star Gunners, Imperial Troopers, Scout Troopers etc.

I will probably end up trading several of my Clones for OT army builders eventually. For now, I will enjoy my massive Clone Army.:thumbsup:

Ji'dai
09-26-2005, 06:18 PM
Hello SK99.

Admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery but I think once you start down the dark army building path, forever will it fufill your destiny.

Pretty soon you'll be sneaking out of work to hit WM for a plastic fix, and secretly raiding the couch cushions for spare change, or worse - your old lady's purse for more cash. Then you'll find yourself driving past WM's that aren't on the way home, you know, just for a quick check.

I bought a bunch of #41 clones back in May the week of the movie release and got Wal-Mart to match TRU's $4.99 sale price. Not quite as good as $4.77 but what're gonna do, wait and hope more show up at cheaper prices later on?

Tycho
09-30-2005, 12:25 AM
Hello, my name is Tycho and I am a Clone Addict!

I told myself that I would not give in to the power of the Clones.

But I am weak. Lately Wal-Mart has had such a great selection of Clones I can't help myself.

I have amassed a rather large army of Clones. Nine here, fourteen there, there are just soo many on the pegs I can't help myself. I may need to go BACK into rehab. I even had 4 shocktroopers delivered to me while I was hospitalized for a brain problem maybe brought on by sniffing them.

Super Articulated
AT-TE Gunner
AT-RT Driver
Clone Commander ( Red - I resisted green so far with some success)
Shock Trooper
Commander Bacara
501st (I swear I'll try to only buy 12)

Still looking for:

MORE 501st (single carded)

To hasbro's credit they have done a great job getting out a variety of Clones to fans and collectors.

For now, I will enjoy my massive Clone Army but I admit I have a problem. I'm Koo-Koo for Clones!

Ji'dai
09-30-2005, 02:52 PM
If yours was a cry for help, I guess you're not going to get an intervention from this crowd. This forum is regular den of plastic addicts.

El Chuxter
09-30-2005, 03:14 PM
At least you're not sniffing them. That's when the real problem begins. You start sniffing your figures, and then you have to buy more and more new figures as that "new figure smell" wears off. You find yourself needing more new figures to get that same buzz, so you sell your possessions and spend your entire paycheck on figures. Soon you lose your job because you spend all your time with a Jawa up your nostril, and you end up on the streets, turning tricks for a Commander Bly here, an Aayla Secura there. Figure-sniffing is a bad idea all arou--

Oh, uh, sorry, Tycho. I didn't see you there. :D