PDA

View Full Version : pics of "Separation of the Twins" figures (merged)

rich_of_the_dead
09-26-2005, 01:48 PM
there are pics of obi-wan w/baby luke over @ rebelscum check it outlol lol lol

Slicker
09-26-2005, 01:51 PM
Tee hee hee hee!! A cute little baby Star Wars action figure.

Link (http://www.rebelscum.com/article.asp?i=94905)

2-1B
09-26-2005, 02:13 PM
wook at the cute wittle baby. :kiss:

That Obi-Wan is a joke though, WTF isn't his hood up ? :rolleyes:

figrin bran
09-26-2005, 02:32 PM
wook at the cute wittle baby. :kiss:

That Obi-Wan is a joke though, WTF isn't his hood up ? :rolleyes:

because it's a rehash #55 obi wan? surely you didn't expect hasbro to resculpt the cloak! :p

trandoshan666
09-26-2005, 03:18 PM
I'll buy this because it's something I've been wanting, but it is typically cheap of Hasbro.

CaptainSolo1138
09-26-2005, 03:37 PM
Is the little baby Luke edible? It kinda looks like it. If not, it should be. Like a Caramello in swaddling clothes.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-26-2005, 04:10 PM
I like how Obi-wan was the saber ready for action, just in case Lil' Luke gets whiny or starts crying he can quickly shut him up.

Kidhuman
09-26-2005, 04:42 PM
Saw the figure this morning. I like it. I wanna see what Bail looks like

jaxx
09-26-2005, 04:47 PM
For some reason, I'm not able to access Rebelscum at work lately...
Can someone please post a pic of this fig... not a link, but a pic?

Kidhuman
09-26-2005, 04:50 PM
I have the pics but they belong to someone else. PM me with your email and I will send it to you.

steeltormentor69
09-26-2005, 05:03 PM
what a brilliant way to get rid of the excess amount bail organa figures that litter the aisles of walmart.... stick a baby leia in there. BRILLIANT!!

trandoshan666
09-26-2005, 05:42 PM
what a brilliant way to get rid of the excess amount bail organa figures that litter the aisles of walmart.... stick a baby leia in there. BRILLIANT!!

Yeah, if only Hasbro would actually send reps into the stores to scoop up all of those Bail figures :rolleyes:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-26-2005, 06:04 PM
I actually like this set a lot. I mean, I was actually expecting them to rehash the #1 Obi-Wan (Slashing Attack), so this is much better. But who knows, they might even change the robe to the one from the POTJ Jedi Obi-Wan, with the hood up. And if they don't, it'll be easy enough to do.

Turbowars
09-26-2005, 09:18 PM
Saw the figure this morning. I like it. I wanna see what Bail looks like Come on now, just picture the same baby that Obi is holding in Bails arms. :cross-eye ;)

2-1B
09-26-2005, 11:56 PM
I like how Obi-wan was the saber ready for action, just in case Lil' Luke gets whiny or starts crying he can quickly shut him up.

Also useful in the practice of the traditional Jedi custom of Lightsaber Circumcision.

JediTricks
09-27-2005, 09:05 PM
See, Curto posted this so I am dubious as to its authenticity. Why wouldn't the Obi-Wan figure be a test shot as well?

maatu
09-27-2005, 10:19 PM
pictures are good. but something looks fishy. look at the background of the pictures.there is nothing starwars there...to make me believe these are authentic ...

ndjedi
09-27-2005, 11:54 PM
Looks like a barbie or poly pockets baby was added with the pilot obi-wan! That baby luke looks fake to me! Common now, anyone could just add any old toy baby and take that pic. Sad, very sad curto....

DarkArtist
09-28-2005, 09:19 AM
I just hope that Hasbro and Walmart have learned their lesson from the lack of Holiday Droids and the Trash Compactor sets and actually have enough of these figures for everyone. :rolleyes:

Had to pick up the droids and the Han and Luke Set from EBAY.:upset:

Jayspawn
09-29-2005, 10:11 AM
I'll buy it. Mainly because I'm an Obi-Wan fan and I've wanted a figure of him and baby Luke since I saw the movie. And I'm hoping that Hasbro does an Exclusive Bail w/ Leia (hopefully it will LOOK like Jimmy Smits this time).

-assuming the figures are legit of course.

Kidhuman
09-29-2005, 12:27 PM
They are doing a Bail figure with Leia

TheDarthVader
09-29-2005, 03:14 PM
If that is the final sculpt of the baby accessory, then count me out. That sculpt is HORRIBLE! I would rather try to customize a baby from some kind of barbie set or something. If this is the final product then I am not happy.
:(

B.
TDV

trandoshan666
10-05-2005, 05:09 PM
I saw the picture, but have these actually been confirmed? If so, is there a release date that I've missed?

Kidhuman
10-05-2005, 10:04 PM
Havent gotten a release date yet.

Turbowars
10-10-2005, 11:27 PM
Looks pretty sweet to me guys. This is the card that Hasbro should had used for the whole ROTS line!

Too bad they aren't 3 packs with Beru and The Princess Organa.:( I mean their pic are on the fron of the damn card!

rich_of_the_dead
10-10-2005, 11:37 PM
since everybody does it to me ....i already posted this in another thread:twisted:

2-1B
10-10-2005, 11:45 PM
Those are pretty useless to me. Obi-Wan sucks without his hood up and while Bail does look decent, why show a pic of him with his wife if we aren't even gonna get her ? Blown opportunity, IMO.

Turbowars
10-11-2005, 12:02 AM
since everybody does it to me ....i already posted this in another thread:twisted:Yeah I noticed that after I posted this one. Since it's ROTS, I thought to post it here. Besides I think most of us like the pic in the thread and not just a link, at least I do.

Turbowars
10-11-2005, 12:08 AM
Those are pretty useless to me. Obi-Wan sucks without his hood up and while Bail does look decent, why show a pic of him with his wife if we aren't even gonna get her ? Blown opportunity, IMO.I feel your pain Caesar, but the card looks nice, don't you think? I wont be opening this set, so I like what they did with it.

So since this is a transition kind of card, does that mean there will be more of these figures on these cards? There a gap that needs to be filled and it would be cool to have some other obscure figures from ROTS, but that would mean new sculpts and we all know that Hasbro got out of the business of sculpting new figures.:yes:

figrin bran
10-11-2005, 12:18 AM
i open up everything but i'll probably just keep these carded if i find them.

Ji'dai
10-11-2005, 12:59 AM
Two repacked figures and two teensy preposed generic infants. Got to hand it to Hasbro, they've elevated screwing collectors to high art. I guess they gotta do something with all those peg-warming Bails. Is that the Pilot Obi-Wan too?

These could've been nice Cinema Scenes - a seated Bail & wife doting over Leia and another with Obi-Wan handing Luke over to young Owen & Beru.

Slicker
10-11-2005, 06:31 AM
These look good but are they a verified picture? I only say that because the font on the "Seperation of the Twins" portion looks like a computer made one. The "T" and the "S" just look off.

LTBasker
10-11-2005, 07:14 AM
Those are pretty useless to me. Obi-Wan sucks without his hood up and while Bail does look decent, why show a pic of him with his wife if we aren't even gonna get her ? Blown opportunity, IMO.

Gotta agree with you here, very disappointing. A reuse of an already hard-to-get rid of figure and one that was just recently released, each come with the same sculpt for the baby just painted differently. Could we at least have gotten some bases, or Beru and Mrs. Organa? Of course not, that would've cost money and taken away the empty space in the packaging. :crazed: :frus:

Since these will likely be more than the already gouged $5.88 (I assume), I'll probably wait to pick these up for cheaper on ebay if at all. It truly feels like a very lame cop-out, what's new? The packaging and the kid is repeated twice. Where's the "new" reason we should buy these figures again?

At least take a note from the Leia Collection of POTF2 and give them soft good duds or something. That way, Obi-Wan would have a hood and not look so stupid with his arms sticking out of that plastic shell. It's like the deluxe Geonosian emerging from his rubber hive accessory.

Blue2th
10-11-2005, 08:26 AM
Two repacked figures and two teensy preposed generic infants. Got to hand it to Hasbro, they've elevated screwing collectors to high art. I guess they gotta do something with all those peg-warming Bails. Is that the Pilot Obi-Wan too?

These could've been nice Cinema Scenes - a seated Bail & wife doting over Leia and another with Obi-Wan handing Luke over to young Owen & Beru.
I would have liked an Eopie in the Obi-Wan Cinema scene. Of course a young Qwen & Beru too. But that I guess would be way to much to ask of Hasbro. Tried to win an Eopie last night on eBay. That thing went sky high. Needless to say I didn't win it. I hope Hasbro comes out with a Battle Pack of Tatooine with Eopie. I think those are the peg warmer Obi-Wan and Bail. I at least will buy one of each.

CrunchyNug
10-11-2005, 12:34 PM
I think these look awesome!!! I will admit that they probably look better ON the card rather than loose, but I'll definitely get at least one set.

My theory as to why they're mostly re-packs is because they're EXCLUSIVES. During this year, have we ever had an exclusive that didn't have mostly re-hashed figures??? Look at all the Battle Packs, Target Lava Figures, Target Clones, & TRU Holo Figures. You have to understand that cutting costs allows retailers to make these deals in the first place, because we know Hasbro ain't gonna spend the dough on new molds!!!

trandoshan666
10-11-2005, 02:16 PM
Anyone heard a release date for these? I assume they'll be out in time for the holidays.

rich_of_the_dead
10-11-2005, 03:01 PM
These look good but are they a verified picture? I only say that because the font on the "Seperation of the Twins" portion looks like a computer made one. The "T" and the "S" just look off.

well they are on starwars.com so i would guess they are official:ninja: :laugh:

oh yeah galactichunter has hi res photos of the carkoon wave

rich_of_the_dead
10-11-2005, 03:04 PM
Yeah I noticed that after I posted this one. Since it's ROTS, I thought to post it here. Besides I think most of us like the pic in the thread and not just a link, at least I do.

your majesty, galactichunter has hi-res pics of the carkoon wave..bows to you

TheDarthVader
10-11-2005, 05:26 PM
These suck. The only good thing about these figures are the cards. I haven't decided if I am going to get these or not. Hasbro sucks.

B.
TDV

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-11-2005, 05:44 PM
I quite like these. The best thing about these sets is the fact that the Obi-Wan and Bail figures are pretty much listed as accessories and the babies get top billing. :p

I would've preferred if they had used the POTJ cloak from Jedi Obi-Wan, since his hood is up and his arms are out. But I can swap them anyway.

Was Bail even in that costume when he brought Leia to Queen Apailana? It looks a little different on the card; maybe he took off his cape or something.

LTBasker
10-11-2005, 07:58 PM
My theory as to why they're mostly re-packs is because they're EXCLUSIVES. During this year, have we ever had an exclusive that didn't have mostly re-hashed figures??? Look at all the Battle Packs, Target Lava Figures, Target Clones, & TRU Holo Figures. You have to understand that cutting costs allows retailers to make these deals in the first place, because we know Hasbro ain't gonna spend the dough on new molds!!!

You have a strong point- they are repacks because it helps save costs on exclusives. But you see, we shouldn't be okay with this. Exclusive should not mean a slightly modified version of something we already own, let alone something that's still on the pegs. Unless of course it is a difference that really matters.

The Target Clone(s), Lava repaints, TRU Holo figures, Battle Packs (most) and stuff like this are things we should not be taking lightly. It's because we take it so lightly and buy this stuff anyways that Hasbro feels they don't have to shell out to make an interesting product. This is ridiculous. The more we accept them rehashing/reusing stuff and then gouging it's price and still buy it the more they do it, and it's getting worse all the time.

We ate up the Silver figures despite the fact that all but 2 of them were just paint, nothing special. And then that lead to crap like the Red Vader coming out, it's ridiculous but Hasbro knows they can make a profit without making an effort.

This HAS to change. Personally, I wouldn't care if we didn't see stuff like the Lava stuff just because it's cheap and Hasbro knows they can get away with it. We've been drowned by exclusives this year and why? Because they're so cheaply made now. Exclusive doesn't mean anything special anymore, Exclusive now means stuff we don't want for higher price but it's exclusive so we'll buy it!

It should be higher quality exclusives, not higher quantity.

Turbowars
10-11-2005, 08:12 PM
your majesty, galactichunter has hi-res pics of the carkoon wave..bows to youFinally some respect.;)

JediTricks
10-12-2005, 05:09 PM
See, Curto posted this so I am dubious as to its authenticity. Why wouldn't the Obi-Wan figure be a test shot as well?
http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/hasbro/news20051010.html

Well, I was wrong about it being a fake... hard to believe Hasbro would put out something that lame though... hmm, wait a tick, maybe it's not. :p

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-12-2005, 06:24 PM
D'oh, I said Queen Apaliana instead of Queen Breha Organa (Apailana is the Naboo queen in ROTS). Ah well.

I put the hooded cloak on the pilot Obi-Wan figure, and it looks really good. I don't know why they didn't do that . . . oh yes I do, it's 'cause they're cheap. :D

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-21-2005, 05:43 PM
http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/ROTS_Its_Not_Over_Yet_95363.asp

This page has detailed pics of the babies' faces. The hair makes them look somewhat cheesy but I like how Leia's eyes are open and Luke's are closed, as in the film.

Turbowars
10-21-2005, 07:48 PM
Cute. Now to get may hands on them. I don't even have a WM around here.:tired:

JEDIpartner
11-03-2005, 12:34 PM
Wow!! Stinkier than advertised! I'm glad I'm passing on these. I'm still saying it should have been a new Bail Organa with his Wife and a baby Leia (sculpted to look better than that awful thing that they made) and a Beru and Owen with baby Luke.

Crap. Crap. Crap.

trandoshan666
11-03-2005, 06:50 PM
Anyone heard a release date on these?

Bosskman
11-06-2005, 06:15 PM
Disgusting. Now I won't care when my walmart doesn't get these pieces of crrrrrap.

DarthBrandon
11-06-2005, 06:45 PM
Wow!! Stinkier than advertised! I'm glad I'm passing on these. I'm still saying it should have been a new Bail Organa with his Wife and a baby Leia (sculpted to look better than that awful thing that they made) and a Beru and Owen with baby Luke.

Crap. Crap. Crap.

Yes, another example of a poorly executed product on Hasblows part. Saving another 30 bucks Hasblow, keep it up & I'll quit all together.:tired:

Kidhuman
11-23-2005, 11:20 AM
I thought they would be better, I hate the packaging on them.

JawaJoe
11-23-2005, 10:22 PM
Found these today buried behind a slew of nemo's and vader's. 2 of each. Price was $4.77 which was a nice switch from the target exclusives. Oh I forgot, these dont come with the $9 case.

bobafrett
11-24-2005, 12:18 AM
So these are out then? I'm glad Wal-Mart is closed tomorrow, otherwise I'd be going into work on my day off just to see if we got them in yet.

Gause
11-24-2005, 02:26 AM
I want to see the other figures come out also then. I want the umbilical cord cutting action Obi-Wan, fainting father symtoms C-3PO, epidural injecting R2-D2 and "crowned the head has" talking Yoda. I mean really I can't wait for "first word spoken" Luke and "first step" Leia. The potty training figures would come with the same smell as these figures. And to finish this off I really want the reprograming of the droids figures when they take out the jets in R2-D2.

Gause
smell the sarcasm

waboritas
11-25-2005, 11:44 AM
Picked these up at the Reading, MA Walmart today. Not bad. They price matched the buy one get one K-Mart flyer ad and because the cashier and customer service mgr. couldn't speak/read English well, they sold them for $3.75 to boot as the ad says all 3.75" figures. Not bad.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-25-2005, 01:19 PM
Picked these up at the Reading, MA Walmart today. Not bad. They price matched the buy one get one K-Mart flyer ad and because the cashier and customer service mgr. couldn't speak/read English well, they sold them for $3.75 to boot as the ad says all 3.75" figures. Not bad.
Let's all take advantage of people who don't understand English; it's the American way! :rolleyes: :D

Very good to know that they're basic-priced. I haven't seen them yet but hopefully I will soon.

trandoshan666
11-26-2005, 12:06 AM
I checked three area Wal-Marts today for these babies, and no dice. Drat!

Kidhuman
11-26-2005, 10:19 AM
I cant find them here either yet.

Mandalorian Candidat
11-26-2005, 10:45 PM
Say what you want about these exclusives, but at least they're going for the normal price. That's refreshing.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-26-2005, 10:49 PM
I found these tonight while i was working and then I took my break (about 30 min early) so i could buy them. I like'em. Decent figs for a decent price! can't complain! :crazed:

waboritas
11-27-2005, 05:50 PM
Let's all take advantage of people who don't understand English; it's the American way! :rolleyes: :D

Very good to know that they're basic-priced. I haven't seen them yet but hopefully I will soon.

You call it taking advantage, I prefer to look at it as using Jedi mind tricks. All I asked for was BOGO and they gave them to me for $3.75 and BOGO. What I didn't mention was they were trying to tell me that I didn't have what was shown in the ad because I didn't have Anakin or C3PO, which was a bit frustrating explaining to them it was for all 3.75" figures. At that point when she said ring them up at $3.75, I wasn't going to confuse things anymore.

You guys should learn the ways of the force and manipulate the weak minded too. It makes a frustrating hobby interesting, especially when you run into the Watoos and Hutts of the world ;).

bobafrett
11-27-2005, 06:25 PM
I found plenty of these when I arrived at work this morning along with 6 Tarkins. Problem is, I am not allowed to hide items for myself, nor by them when I am on the clock (unless on break or lunch). A "scalper" came in and bought up all 6 Tarkins. I was able to get a set of the twins though, and we still had quite a few left when I walked out at 4 this afternoon. I do like the figures minus the hard goods robe for Obi-Wan.

jaxx
11-27-2005, 07:05 PM
I do want these. I was in a Walmart by my house yesterday, and I didn't see them. I hope to find them soon. At under $5 each, this is a great deal.

bobafrett
11-27-2005, 07:09 PM
Jaxx, you have access to a computer on a weekend? We had plenty of these at the VP Wally World. Looks like they will be plentiful!

Kidhuman
11-28-2005, 01:30 AM
I found em tonight along with a Tarkin figure. They are shipping in cases woth 6 mixed RTOS figures and 3 each of the sets. They are the long narrow display boxes.

Hexagram520
11-28-2005, 02:31 AM
I know hasbro looks for every possible way to repackage/repaint/etc certain figures, but these would be way cooler if instead of bail we got his wife, and instead of obi wan an episode III beru, but whatever, still pretty cool to have baby luke and leia.