PDA

View Full Version : TV's "Get Smart "dead at 82

vader68
09-26-2005, 03:03 PM
Don Adams has died at the age of 82 from a lung infection. I loved Get Smart, it was such a great show. He will be missed:cry:

Kidhuman
09-26-2005, 03:43 PM
I loved Get Smart to Chief. Was a great show. RIP Mr. Adams.

bobafrett
09-26-2005, 04:04 PM
A very classic comedy, that I loved! Maxwell Smart aka Don Adams was great! Sad to see you go Don.

Ji'dai
09-26-2005, 05:09 PM
Adams missed staying alive BY.THAT.MUCH.

Although I didn't watch Get Smart, I know Mr. Adams by his very distinctive voice. The 'toon Inspector Gadget wouldn't have been the same without Adams; and I gather Gadget was a lot like his character on Get Smart. I watched Gadget every afternoon after school for a long time. Go Go Gadget Angel Wings!

JEDIpartner
09-27-2005, 10:50 AM
...don't forget TENNESSEE TUXEDO!!!!!

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
09-27-2005, 04:48 PM
Does anyone remember the Don Adams screen test? It was a 70's show that had everyday people attempting to act out a scripted scenario or a famous scene from cinema. While I haven't seen the actual show, I've seen clips and and they are funny.

My favorite line from "Get Smart"

Villain: "As a fellow spy Mr. Smart, I will let you choose the method of your death."

Maxwell: "Okay, how about old age."

JediTricks
09-27-2005, 06:43 PM
Don Adams was a funny actor, he was able to play a character straight and get laughs which can be very tough to do. I remember watching Get Smart so much as a kid, my mom even took me to see the movie "The Nude Bomb" - it wasn't that good but I still remember Adams behind the desk that turned into a car driving down the street, and all those Maxwell Smart clones. Get Smart was created by 2 of the funniest guys of their era, Mel Brooks and the woefully-underappreciated Buck Henry, but even with those 2 helmers I don't think the show could have been as entertaining and sly as it was without Don Adams at the hub. Years after, Adams playing another bumbling sleuth-type character, that of Inspector Gadget, introduced his brand of comedy to a whole new generation and is one of the best-remembered TV cartoons of all time.

I hope his wife and 7 kids know that through his comedy he really did make the world a little better.

thestarwarsman
10-05-2005, 03:06 PM
I know this is a late addition but had to anyway. My wife and I actually started dating with Don Adams. We both worked for a place and had wierd hours. 5-1:30am we would go get breakfast, go to her place or mine and watch nick@nite for a few hours. Get Smart was a regular watch for us at that time. May he RIP for the humor he brought and how he just brought fun to the world.