PDA

View Full Version : TRU Holographic Emperor

master J
09-27-2005, 02:07 PM
On the official site, it states that this figure is available now? My Toys R us does not have it. Does anyone know the official release date?

TheDarthVader
09-27-2005, 05:46 PM
I can't help you on the date, but I can tell you that my TRU has not received this figure yet either. I am sure he will make it there. We just have to be patient.

B.
TDV

trandoshan666
10-06-2005, 07:14 PM
I checked in with my friendly neighborhood TRU today, and the resident Star Wars expert said he wasn't aware of the exclusive at all. He said that wasn't unusual, considering the way the exclusives have worked in the past. He did say, however, that starting next week, TRU will be getting two trucks a week in preparation for the holiday season, so the SW shopping should improve.

Kidhuman
10-06-2005, 09:32 PM
Blackened88 works for TRU, maybe he can help us out....

WesleySr
10-07-2005, 01:27 PM
Does TRU still use SKU #'s or do they use the UPC's now? When I worked there (a long time ago...), they used SKU #'s. If they still use them, does anyone have the SKU # for the Emperor?

Obi-wedge
10-09-2005, 12:30 PM
Have not seen them anywhere in OK. Not even sure I want to pick this up. Why did they chose such a crappy sculpt to do this with.
Please tell me whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-09-2005, 02:07 PM
Have not seen them anywhere in OK. Not even sure I want to pick this up. Why did they chose such a crappy sculpt to do this with.
It's apparently what they're fond of doing lately . . .

Anyway, today's TRU ad only mentioned the Falcon, Vader helmet, and something else SW, but no Emperor yet. I bet it'll be in about a month, since don't they usually have exclusive freebies around March/April and November?

LTBasker
10-09-2005, 10:06 PM

Because, sadly, people will buy it. Just like the Lava Vader, Anakin and Obi-Wan and Target's red spotted Clone and the battlepacks with horrible reissue/rehashes in them. People buy them and Hasbro knows they can make it and turn a profit, it's annoying to have to settle for mediocrity.

ndjedi
10-10-2005, 03:16 AM
The SKU # for Holographic Emperor is 258846
This is not due out until the DVD release of ROTS on Nov.1 if not sooner.
I work out at a TRU and the SKU is in the system, but none are in the warehouses yet to ship out in our region. More than likely these will be sold for about $9.99 or free with a purchase of $25 or more on any SW toys. This is still not for sure yet. Also, I have heard that the larger volume TRU are getting the Holographic Emperors in early. TRU are getting in 2 trucks a week now, and there will be 3 trucks in closer to Christmas. The best thing to do is to just go into daily to your local TRU to find a Holo Emperor.

trandoshan666
10-10-2005, 11:40 AM
Thanks for the info ndjedi. Getting to TRU every day is a tall order, but maybe we'll get lucky.:D

TheDarthVader
10-10-2005, 12:37 PM
My guess is October 16th or November 1st. I called Target today, and they told me that their exclusives are due on the 16th. I assume TRU will want to get customers in on the same day. This is just an assumption.

B.
TDV

BlueSnags
10-15-2005, 05:49 PM
I noticed he is up on amazon already (although you can't order him yet). He should be out very soon.:thumbsup:

steeltormentor69
10-17-2005, 04:52 PM
I just called TRU in Joplin, MO and they had no idea what I was talking about.

Blackened88
10-25-2005, 10:46 PM
Well guys today at ToysRUs the Holo Emperor has arrived off the truck, I seen only 1 CASE, so look out for these.

CrunchyNug
10-26-2005, 01:34 AM
Yakface has a scan of the flyer which states the Holo Emperor is free with $30 purchase OR available for $9.99.

www.yakface.com/clavius/SWad.jpg

It must start this weekend!!!

pegger
10-26-2005, 08:46 AM
Yakface has a scan of the flyer which states the Holo Emperor is free with $30 purchase OR available for $9.99.

www.yakface.com/clavius/SWad.jpg

It must start this weekend!!!

They're out in Canada already...I got 2..for 7.99 each CDN...

9.99 US?!?! :shocked:

ace2005
10-27-2005, 10:17 PM
Houston, Texas here...

these are hitting all over the TRU's in the local area, as stated by another forum member, seems to be only one case per store though these will not make it to the ad that was posted, which I believe is for this coming weekend because most of the TRU's in the area are pegging these in the normal star wars pegs without even a price tag like a normal fig...

Good Luck,

trandoshan666
10-29-2005, 02:17 AM
I picked up mine tonight. TRU wouldn't just sell me the figure because they "only got six in" and they didn't know if there would be any more. So I bought a playset, got my figure and went on my merry way.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-29-2005, 10:32 AM
Trando- if you bought a set you don't care for, you could probably just return it and then keep the emperor. and then give the staff the finger, just for good cause. :crazed:

He's now up on amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0009RG8QY/qid=1129430033/sr=1-4/ref=sr_1_4/102-1544024-3822501?v=glance&s=toys

where i got mine! :D

trandoshan666
10-29-2005, 10:59 AM
Yeah, I thought about that when I was making my purchase. But I opened it (the Mustafar playset), and actually kind of liked it. I had been holding out for the Sam's Club playset, but I haven't been able to track it down. So, all is well.

UKWildcat
10-29-2005, 05:27 PM
Picked up my Holo Emperor today. They only had about 5 or so. I too noticed a sign that said you could get one free if you spent $30 on SW stuff. There was really nothing else there that I needed/wanted so I just paid the $9.99 for the figure.

Major Karr
10-29-2005, 06:47 PM
Before I go crazy trying to get this, does anyone know if this is the same Holo Emperor that was out earlier from the StarWarsShop?

TheDarthVader
10-29-2005, 07:39 PM
NO THIS IS NOT THE SAME AS THE STARWARSSHOP EMPEROR FIGURE!

Hmmm. Let us look at this logically.

If I order him from amazon.com then they will take -$15 (after shipping) for the emperor figure. That is -15 in my pocket.

But if I find a TRU with this figure (which I did) I can buy $30 in stuff and have the emperor figure for free. So that would be -30 in my pocket, but I am holding onto an amazon figure (or tru.com, whatever) that is worth $15 to me.

In short, I get $30 worth of star wars stuff for $15! :D It is almost half off if you look at it that way and compare it to the amazon.com figure. See?

I bought:
Unleashed Bossk $15
Unleashed Tusken $15
ROTS Plo Koon (extra to have loose) $5.99
Holograph Emperor $15.00

That totals roughly $51, and I am getting it for $30. That makes the most sense to me! :) Plus I have more unleashed figures to add to my collection.

B.
TDV

Lord Malakite
10-29-2005, 09:40 PM
Before I go crazy trying to get this, does anyone know if this is the same Holo Emperor that was out earlier from the StarWarsShop?

Like what TheDarthVader said, its not the same.

StarWarsShop Holo Emperor was the original POTF2 Emperor sculpt molded in transluscent blue plastic.

Toys R' Us Holo Emperor is one of the ROTS Emperor sculpts molded in transluscent blue plastic.

DarthGrizzle
10-30-2005, 08:41 PM
Went to local TRU yesterday, and they refused to sell me one! They said I HAD to spend $30 and get it that way. I asked to see the manager, and he said the same thing. I told them they were full of $#@! (as well as a few other choice words):whip: I then drove to another TRU about 15 minutes away, and got one nice and easy!

jaxx
10-31-2005, 04:37 PM
Wow... and we wonder why stores don't want to accomodate us Star Wars collectors :rolleyes:.
I was in a TRU today, and I actually found one. I will repeat, I found ONE. After I grabbed my lone Emperor off of the shelf at the front of the store (I found it behind a Millenium Falcon), I proceeded to the area where the action figures were ( I wanted to see if they had any of the final 12, since I don't have any of those yet)... then...there I saw him. This schmuck with every single holo emperor except the one I had in my hands. He had about 10 or eleven, and he was rifling through the basic figures as I was approaching. A minute later, after no new figures were found, we were both standing in line. I had my ONE, and he was in another line with his 10 or so. The manager was called to the register where the schmuck was, and she told him that he was limited to one. He threw a fit! He was cussing out the lady manager and the young cashier. Everyone was looking at this A-hole. Finally, the manager grabbed the last emperor that was in front of him, and told him that he'd have to buy $30 of figures to get the emperor, or that he could leave... He decided to leave, and he stormed out grumbling. I had no problem purchasing my figure for $9.99.
My question is... if you're willing to spend $100 on 10 figures, what your complaint about spending $30 in merchandice to get it for free? I believe that the only answer is because this schmuck was a scalper, and he was ticked off that he couldn't just come in and pay $100, and turn around and sell each for $20 or $30. What an A-hole!
Remember y'all, try to get along with the employees, and you might just get a few favors... and if you don't get a favor, so what... at least you won't look like a donkey!

timmae
10-31-2005, 05:20 PM
i picked up mine on sat. in charlotte. i bought an extra to make the 30 dollars to get one free. things are way laid back down here. not as tough as LA. you'all get stuff out there first but really have to work for your plastic. the names you give these guys are too much. we should make a movie (like the blair witch budget, and the 40 year old virgin humor).:D :D :D

JawaJoe
10-31-2005, 07:01 PM
Wonder why the emp figure comes with holo accessories yet hasblo decided not to include them with the holo leia?

DarkArtist
10-31-2005, 11:24 PM
Got mine tonight. bought the tru obi wan starfighter and the guy behind the counter gave me the figure. didn't even have to ask this. the other times when tru was giving out a free figure you had to ask like twenty people before you even got one.

TheDarthVader
11-01-2005, 11:28 AM
DarkArtist, I hear ya! I had to ask like five people for my silver R2 way back when.

The manager explained to me that he got ONE case of emperor figures in at the store. He said that if I wanted one I would have to purchase the $30 in sw to get one. Also, after he got more in, he would be happy to just sell me one for $9.99.

B.
TDV

JEDIpartner
11-01-2005, 12:39 PM
My friend Bruce just got one in Massachusetts. I think they stink. I'm happy with my SWshop.com holo-Emperor and my Holo Sidious from Episode I.

ace2005
11-03-2005, 01:08 PM
Hello,

Houston, Texas many or possibly all TRU in the area have received a second wave of the TRU Holographic Emperor...still looks to be a case at a time, no special effort to get these most of the TRU in the area are just pegging them with the other figs.

Good Luck,

:bandit:

JON9000
11-03-2005, 01:12 PM
$10 to $12 for these crappy figures is ridiculous. They should give them away as promos for buying $30 worth of SW stuff. No way am I getting these. Lame.

Luuuuuuke
11-03-2005, 04:18 PM
Wow... and we wonder why stores don't want to accomodate us Star Wars collectors :rolleyes:.
I was in a TRU today, and I actually found one. I will repeat, I found ONE. After I grabbed my lone Emperor off of the shelf at the front of the store (I found it behind a Millenium Falcon), I proceeded to the area where the action figures were ( I wanted to see if they had any of the final 12, since I don't have any of those yet)... then...there I saw him. This schmuck with every single holo emperor except the one I had in my hands. He had about 10 or eleven, and he was rifling through the basic figures as I was approaching. A minute later, after no new figures were found, we were both standing in line. I had my ONE, and he was in another line with his 10 or so. The manager was called to the register where the schmuck was, and she told him that he was limited to one. He threw a fit! He was cussing out the lady manager and the young cashier. Everyone was looking at this A-hole. Finally, the manager grabbed the last emperor that was in front of him, and told him that he'd have to buy $30 of figures to get the emperor, or that he could leave... He decided to leave, and he stormed out grumbling. I had no problem purchasing my figure for $9.99.
My question is... if you're willing to spend $100 on 10 figures, what your complaint about spending $30 in merchandice to get it for free? I believe that the only answer is because this schmuck was a scalper, and he was ticked off that he couldn't just come in and pay $100, and turn around and sell each for $20 or $30. What an A-hole!
Remember y'all, try to get along with the employees, and you might just get a few favors... and if you don't get a favor, so what... at least you won't look like a donkey!
You're totally right, common courtesy goes a long way sometimes. I don't have a problem spending $30 to get this figure, but it would be nice if they had stuff worth buying. I passed when I found several of these. I asked the manager, an older woman, if it was possible to buy one for $9.99 but she said I couldn't. She said they would stock for tomorrow morning, which didn't end up happening, but she was polite. She said something about giving everyone a fair chance to get them. I guess the manager thinks making people spend $30 to get a Holo Emperor ensures a higher level of fairness. In theory I guess you can't argue with that logic. It makes sure some scalper can't just buy them all up. But it's not easy to spend $30 at TRU sometimes.

sith_killer_99
11-03-2005, 05:04 PM
Well, I went to TRU yesterday and spoke with one of the managers. She informed me that they did indeed have a couple of holo Emperors left. I was required to spend the $30.00 to get one. I bought an extra Bly, Gree and a few SA Clones, so it wasn't a big deal. The only down side is the TRU charges about $1.00 more per figure. No big deal, I bought 6 figures, so I basically paid $6.00 for the holo Emperor.

BTW, I also found a ton of the K-Mart exclusive Super D's Maul and Yoda. I saw several Boba Fett's as well. Did they give him a new paint scheme this time around. I couldn't tell for sure but he looked a bit different.

jaxx
11-03-2005, 06:57 PM
Not to give anyone dishonest or bad ideas, but when the holo Yoda figure came out, I was required to spend the $30 to get him. I bought an attacktix starter set and Anakin's starfighter (without fig, and not preview). When I got home, I decided that I really didn't want the starfighter, so I took it back. I got the $20 back and I got to keep the Yoda. It's an idea. Buy duplicates of what you already have if you can't find $30 worth of new stuff to get at this time. Then, return them when new stuff comes out, or just return it a little later. You'll get to keep the holo Emperor, and you'll get your money back to spend on new Star Wars stuff!

Slicker
11-03-2005, 11:27 PM
TRU in Virginia Beach had abut 30 of these damn things clogging the pegs. I unfortunately bought one and wasted the $10 on it.

BlueSnags
11-05-2005, 03:00 PM
BTW, I also found a ton of the K-Mart exclusive Super D's Maul and Yoda. I saw several Boba Fett's as well. Did they give him a new paint scheme this time around. I couldn't tell for sure but he looked a bit different.

Man, I've been looking for that Super D Darth Maul EVERYWHERE. How many did they have?

MajikNinja
11-07-2005, 08:51 AM
I would have had to pay $30 as well, but i didn't feel like it... so i went up to a couple that had a 2 year old son and asked them if they would be buying more than $30 worth of merch... they said yes, and i told them i would give them $5 if they get me the star wars figure that is free with a $30+ purchase. they said it's ok, you don't have to give us anything if it's free. and they gave it to me.

sith_killer_99
11-07-2005, 11:51 AM
Man, I've been looking for that Super D Darth Maul EVERYWHERE. How many did they have?

They had about 10 of each. I am going back tonight. K-Mart put 'em on sale this week for $7.99 so I plan on going back to get my $4.00 back. Yes, I am that cheap!

I will see if they have any more Maul's if you are interested. Sale price this week is $7.99!:thumbsup:

jjreason
11-07-2005, 12:03 PM
Well I'll chime in here in support of this figure. In the beginning I was upset that TRU was going to put this thing out instead of Ani or Ki Adi Mundi (or Shaak Ti for that matter), but when I finally got mine I was pleased. Here are the reasons why:

1) Price. In Canada, they're ringing up at $7.99 - $2 less than a regular figure at TRU, and cheaper than a regular figure ANYWHERE except WalMart.

2) The inclusion of ALL the original figures accessories, all in holo plastic (not like Holo Leia).

3) The fact that they spring loaded the figure's arm just like the regular figure (I was assuming they'd cheap out on this, not sure why).

4) His articulation actually works - not like the old Holo figures that were so "sticky" you couldn't even move the shoulder joints without the arms warping back to their original position.

All in all, this guy and the Holo Yoda are the best holo figures I've seen so far - I hope the Aayla and Plo Koon figures are as nice as these.

DarkArtist
11-07-2005, 02:44 PM
I saw about 30 of them in the TRU in East Brunswick NJ for $9.99 on Saturday night, they also have about twenty Gunships.

trandoshan666
11-07-2005, 06:39 PM
I hope the Aayla and Plo Koon figures are as nice as these.

They are. :thumbsup: And on an aside, figures cost $9.99 at TRU in Canada? That's awful.

BlueSnags
11-07-2005, 07:10 PM
They had about 10 of each. I am going back tonight. K-Mart put 'em on sale this week for $7.99 so I plan on going back to get my $4.00 back. Yes, I am that cheap!

I will see if they have any more Maul's if you are interested. Sale price this week is $7.99!:thumbsup:

sithkiller,

Thanks bro! I would love one if you see any more. They seem to have vanished around here...I guess the LA Scalpers took a liking to them.

fistogreen
11-07-2005, 07:13 PM
It is available for free on Amazon.com with purchase of $30.00 or more from TRU, or you can buy it for 9.95. I have placed my order and there was no message of it being back ordered.

Jayspawn
11-08-2005, 07:23 PM
I picked up a Holo Emperor today at TRU here in Colorado for $9.99. Hes nifty!

sith_killer_99
11-08-2005, 07:31 PM
Well, I wanted a second one to open so I bought one off Ebay for $13.99 shipped.

Which is exactly what it would have cost me at retail plus gas to drive out to TRU (25 miles one way) with no guarantee of getting one.:rolleyes:

jjreason
11-08-2005, 11:01 PM
They are. :thumbsup: And on an aside, figures cost $9.99 at TRU in Canada? That's awful.

It really is. At today's exchange rate, that would be $8.32 US before taxes - I can imagine the fury on these boards if that was the price all of a sudden!!!

Our cheapest figures are at WM, they're $7.44 a pop (around $6.20 US).

Sucks to be us. :upset:

sith_killer_99
11-09-2005, 01:17 PM
It really is. At today's exchange rate, that would be $8.32 US before taxes - I can imagine the fury on these boards if that was the price all of a sudden!!!

WHAT!?!?

That's cheaper than we are paying here in the States. $9.99 US

jaxx
11-09-2005, 04:42 PM
WHAT!?!?

That's cheaper than we are paying here in the States. $9.99 US

I think that trandoshan666 and jjreason are talking about basic/regular 3 3/4" figures costing $6.20 to $8.30 (U.S. dollars)... not the holo Emperor.

sith_killer_99
11-09-2005, 08:17 PM
Oh, I was confused.:crazed: