PDA

View Full Version : New Star Wars Starships from Wizards of the cost

JediGoofy
09-28-2005, 03:55 AM
I read a short article about the future release of a Starships line within the WOTC Star Wars Miniatures line.

It was said this game will be separate from the minifigures game and will present small starships in scale to each other (not to the figures).

I do not collect these figures (I like them but they are a lot, more than 240, and are sold randomly packaged with common and hard to find characters), but at the words "small starships in scale to each other" I heard distinctly the bells ringing all around me. :crazed:

The quality of the vehicles in the Miniatures line is amazing (see the new AT-AT, for example :eek: ), so I wonder what they could do with starships. :dead:

Does anybody know anything more about this? :)
Thanks! :D

Ciao,
JediGoofy

sicqnus
09-28-2005, 09:24 AM
Hi JediGoofy,
Wizard of the... cost ? Playing with words ? (kidding...).
The AT-AT could be cool but,
the prototype was amazing and the last picture of a boxed proto is quite disapointing. Body and head are too big and it looks like it have skinny legs. Curious. Maybe it's just the picture. Price of $49 is a little high to my opinion but i'll wait to see the final product to decide if I'll change my mind or not.

They said (at WOTC) months ago they've made Snowspeeders minis protos for LFL approval. Seems like the green light have been given.

sicqnus
09-28-2005, 09:28 AM
Here is the picture of the boxed AT-AT.

Jangu Fett
09-28-2005, 09:50 AM
I don't really like the idea of the Starship mini game being to scale with one another. Let's just say WOTC uses the old micro machines mold for the Star Destroyers, thats about 2 1/2". If they release a Super Star Destoyer that be something like 15+ inches long, right? And if thats the case there is no way Wizards can include the Death Star to the game. You would need a truck just to move it. And also if it is going to be to scale, what about the Starfighters? Once again a SD roughly 2.5 inches, Remember the MM SD how big the landing bays were? If these are to scale you will not be about to see the TIE Fighters on the stand.

Rogue II
09-28-2005, 12:05 PM
I just started collecting the WOTC miniature line, so I have some catching up to do with those. I doubt I'll get around to collecting the starships as well.

JediGoofy
09-29-2005, 02:46 AM
Hi JediGoofy,
Wizard of the... cost ? Playing with words ? (kidding...).

Sorry for the mistake! :nerv: (in the thread title nevertheless! but I am not going to change it, otherwise your comment will become meaningless :ko: )

Back on topic, I did not notice the AT-AT in the package was different from the prototype one until you pointed it out. What a pity! :(

About the scale issue, actually JF is right, there is a really big difference between the sizes of different vehicles in the SW universe. Maybe they could solve the problem creating different scales, e.g. a scale for fighters, a scale for starships, and a scale for battle stations. :) Could this be a good idea?

The fact is I would be very happy to see correctly scaled vehicles, at least for vehicles belonging to the same class, but maybe this is not the case for the other AF and MM collectors. :confused:

Ciao,
JediGoofy