PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Baseball season

Exhaust Port
09-29-2005, 07:52 AM
It looks like road to the Post Season is still quite exciting, at least in the American League. I'm sure the Post Season will be just as exciting.

To kick off the baseball discussion, how about a Star Wars/Baseball picture?

I love the fact that Chewbacca is putting some serious heat on the ball. :D

Kidhuman
09-29-2005, 08:35 AM
Yes Baseball has some exciting races, 3 teams fighting for two spots. Yankees hold a slight edge over Boston by a game with a 3 game showdown this weekend. Gonna be good. Also Boston and Cleveland are tied for the Wild Card lead.

The one picture I ca nnot seem to find is from last years ALCS in which FOX sports put Johnny Damons head on Chewies body, that was damn funny.

Exhaust Port
09-29-2005, 09:16 AM
The Wild Card race has been insane for the last month. The best thing is that both BOS/NYY and CLE/CHW are finishing with 3 game series against each other. Those 3 games will decide not only the Wild Card but who walks away as the Division winner. This is going to be a wild weekend! Go Indians and Red Sox!!!

Kidhuman
09-29-2005, 09:39 AM
Go Yankees is all I have to say. F the sox...

CaptainSolo1138
09-29-2005, 11:33 AM
I don't believe the garbage heap called the NL West. .500 wins the division?!?!? What a joke. THIS is where they need to look for their next contraction, not Canada.

JimJamBonds
09-29-2005, 12:49 PM
I'm getting sad that the regular season is just about over. After 13 crappy years the Brewers have turned things around and showing promise. I think they should be chasing the wild card next year with their young core of talent. Besides the Brewers this has been a crazy year, the AL East, the Indians making a run at the AL Central great stuff! Like Cap said the NL West is a joke. I think this weekends games will be awesome and we should have some exciting playoffs.

EP, that would be a pretty sweet tar there!

Exhaust Port
09-29-2005, 02:24 PM
It sure would. Hopefully someone jumps on it. :)

wedge1968
09-29-2005, 07:29 PM
I am pretty sure the Sox took the AL Central this afternoon.

I don't know how to feel about that. I don't root for them because of the DH, but Chicago needs a winning team. However, my buddy abandoned the Cubs a few years ago and went to the South Side, and if the Sox win, he'll be unbearable for a year. I'll have no choice but to kill him, and as he is a really good friend, I will miss him.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-01-2005, 10:17 AM
Yes Baseball has some exciting races, 3 teams fighting for two spots.What are you talking about? KC has obviously locked the worst record in baseball, so the only true race is between Colorado and Pittsburgh for ther worst record in the NL. Right now, the :Pirate:-men (Arr-men) have a one game lead with two to play. C'mon, Buccos! :p

If anyone cares, my picks for postseason:
NL West - Pads (upset St. Louie, lose to Astros)
NL Central - Cards (lose in first round in 5 games)
NL East - Bravos (lose in 4 to H-Town)
NL Wild Card - Astros (riding Clemens and national support from Rita, lose to Angels in World Series)

AL West - Angels (win it all! :) )
AL Central - Chi Sox (swept by Boston in first round)
AL East - Bo Sox (lose to Anaheim [no Los Angeles of... ] in 7-game thriller)
AL Wild Card - Indians (Angels take 'em out in 4)

Kidhuman
10-01-2005, 11:14 PM
weLL BCJ looks like your predictions are wrong. Yankees win the East, Bosox will have to settle for a playoff with Cleveland on Monday for the Wild Card. Boston will lose and there fore be out of the playoffs.

Tonysmo
10-02-2005, 04:51 AM
wait...

you picked the Astros to win the series?

excuse for a minute while I.. BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

okie.

Im better.

The Cardinals will be the champs. Bow down to all that is red. :whip:

trandoshan666
10-02-2005, 05:20 PM
weLL BCJ looks like your predictions are wrong. Yankees win the East, Bosox will have to settle for a playoff with Cleveland on Monday for the Wild Card. Boston will lose and there fore be out of the playoffs.
You are mistaken. Boston will head to Chicago to dispatch the other Sox, and the Yankers shall take on the Angels, who will put them down in four.:thumbsup:

Kidhuman
10-02-2005, 07:45 PM
Yankees will handle the Halos quite easily. Colon is A-Rod's bicth, he has 4 home runs off him this year. Small, Chacon and Wang will carry the team to new heights. Remeber, the Yankees are a completely different team now then when they met prior. Better pitching, Giambi is a monster, Sheff, Godzilla, A-Rod and the new found staff will mow everyone down.

trandoshan666
10-02-2005, 10:21 PM
We shall see

JimJamBonds
10-02-2005, 11:50 PM
No way in H will the cards win it all. They'll choke just like they did last year!

jjreason
10-03-2005, 02:39 AM
I'm predominantly an AL fan, so I'll chime in there. First off, a big tip o' the cap to the A's and Indians, who miss out on the dance even though their seasons were excellent. The poor ol' Tribe was lights out over the past 4 months, just a day late and a dollar short. With any luck they'll be able to get off to a good start next year.

Now for the series. As much as I want the Yanks and BoSox to get at it again in the ALCS, I have a distinct feeling we'll be seeing the better pitching pale hose and Halos prevail. The Angels will be going to the dance.

In the NL, I like the Cardinals - and it's not because of some man-crush on TonySmo like the one KH has. :love:

thestarwarsman
10-05-2005, 03:59 PM
Well considering the Sox went thru their slump prior to the playoffs to make it interesting now they are playing like they did in begining of the year. I got to 3 games this year in Chicago and they will reward me. Put it on the boarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd YEA!!!

"Sox to the dance and win series in 6" :)

bobafrett
10-05-2005, 04:08 PM
Well considering the Sox went thru their slump prior to the playoffs to make it interesting now they are playing like they did in begining of the year. I got to 3 games this year in Chicago and they will reward me. Put it on the boarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd YEA!!!

"Sox to the dance and win series in 6" :)

As a Chicago Cubs fan, I can hardly wait for the season to end for the Chi Sox. :whip: I hope it ends in the next three games with the Bo Sox moving to the next round.

thestarwarsman
10-05-2005, 05:04 PM
As a Chicago Cubs fan, I can hardly wait for the season to end for the Chi Sox.

I feel your pain of watching the good baseball team from Chicago still playing but it won't end with Boston. They will be 2-0 going East. :)

jjreason
10-11-2005, 01:00 AM
Heading in to the LCSs, I can honestly say that ANY of these remaining teams winning the World Series would be great. I don't have that "stress" of rooting for a particular team like I did with Boston last year, but I think I'd prefer the Cards to win. They've deserved more than the one lonely Series they've won in my lifetime.... seems like they always have a great team. Oh, and Larry Walker's coming to the end of his career, I'd love to see Canada's greatest ever offensive player go out with a ring on his hand.

JimJamBonds
10-11-2005, 01:11 AM
Boooo hoooo the Yankee's are eliminated.... I feel soooooooooooo bad for them. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :D

Exhaust Port
10-11-2005, 12:06 PM
A Yankee-less post season?! Good times!!! :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-11-2005, 12:23 PM
Yankees will handle the Halos quite easily. Colon is A-Rod's bicth, he has 4 home runs off him this year. Small, Chacon and Wang will carry the team to new heights. Remeber, the Yankees are a completely different team now then when they met prior. Better pitching, Giambi is a monster, Sheff, Godzilla, A-Rod and the new found staff will mow everyone down.

"Mow everyone down" eh, KH? tough break, pal! I mean, as a Cubs fan I can say that we don't really ever have serious playoff hopes, but the Yankees got owned by the Angels, pretty much embarrased them. Tough break, kiddo. :crazed:

but, oh yeah, YANKEEEEEEEEEES ARE GONE, BAAAAAAAAABY! woooowoo!! :bandit:

Bel-Cam Jos
10-23-2005, 10:01 AM
What are you talking about? KC has obviously locked the worst record in baseball, so the only true race is between Colorado and Pittsburgh for ther worst record in the NL. Right now, the :Pirate:-men (Arr-men) have a one game lead with two to play. C'mon, Buccos! :p
And the Pirates tie for worst. Sister-kissing time? Eew... :(

If anyone cares, my picks for postseason:
NL West - Pads (upset St. Louie, lose to Astros)
NL Central - Cards (lose in first round in 5 games)
NL East - Bravos (lose in 4 to H-Town)
NL Wild Card - Astros (riding Clemens and national support from Rita, lose to White Sox in World Series or beat them in it)

AL West - White Sox (win it all! :) or lose Series)
AL Central - Chi Sox (sweep by Boston in first round)
AL East - Bo Sox (lose to Anaheim [no Los Angeles of... ] in 7-game thriller)
AL Wild Card - Yankees (Angels take 'em out in 4)
See? I predicted all this weeks ago! The facts are clear... mostly. :rolleyes: