PDA

View Full Version : Repaints?

cffalztar
09-29-2005, 02:30 PM
I was at Wal-Mart today and found a red clone trooper #6 and clone pilot #34that was painted like a tie-fighter pilot. These were the reg SW ROTS action figures. I have serched and am too lazy to figure out what the deal is on these. I assumed they were rare because out of the whole rack they were the only ones there. I am assuming I am very lucky. Does anyone know the story on these and where I can find out some info about these? Thanks.

DarkArtist
09-29-2005, 02:44 PM
yeah those were the repaint wave. There is also a sith eyes Anakin Variant, and a Green Clone Commander as well. I have had no luck finding the Anakin Variant or the Red Clone trooper though but hopefully soon.

El Chuxter
09-29-2005, 03:17 PM
There's probably a thread about these somewhere in this very forum, but I'm too lazy to track it down. :)

Of the repaints, I don't know jack about the "Sith Eyes" Anakin (the figure wasn't good enough in the first place to justify buying a second because they gave him red eyeliner).

In my experience amongst the Clones, the green Clone Commander is the easiest by far to find. I'm rather surprised you didn't come across him, as I normally find four or five on the pegs and know that I missed the good stuff. The red Clonetrooper (or Shocktrooper, as he's called in reference material) seems to be shipping in pretty large numbers, too, but there are quite a few collectors who want armies of them, so he's pretty tough to find.

I've been finding those two off and on for about two months, and only found the black Clone Pilot two days ago. I'm not sure if he's been shipping in lower numbers, or if everyone who wanted one got one by now. :)

Also, a few waves back, there was a repaint of the Wookiee Warrior. He came in a reddish-brown or in a very light tan. Among collectors, they've been slapped with nicknames based on the flavors of ice cream they resemble: Chocolate-Flavored Wookiee and Vanilla-Flavored Wookiee. :D

And don't forget the upcoming (and recently available) repaints: Commander Bly (a yellow repaint of the Clone Commander), Commander Gree (a thoroughly inaccurate figure made by slapping some green paint on eiter the #6 or #41 Clonetrooper; I've not opened him to see which yet), Neimoidian Commander (silver repaint of the Neo Warrior, who thankfully seems to be shipping in much lower quantities than his pegwarming buddy), and two repaints of the Sneak Preview and ROTS Wookiee Warriors. Not to mention repaints of Passel Argente and Shu Mai who are doomed to pegwarm.

Captain Spoon
09-29-2005, 03:18 PM
yup they are legit repaints. The Black Clone Pilot has eluded me and I need at least 2 Shock Troopers, congrats on the find! :thumbsup:

decadentdave
09-29-2005, 11:40 PM
Just found the Silver Neimoidian Guard repaint and the Gray Wookie Warrior repaint and Kat Miin at Wal-Mart today. Can't wait for the Commander Gree and blue 501st Clonetrooper repaints and the Commander Bly Clone Commander repaints. Hasbro really knows how to milk the repaints and I have to say, these are all legit so they are worth it. Be thankful they aren't pulling the 1001 flavors of day-glo Batman with ROTS.

Bacta Beast
09-30-2005, 11:53 PM
What state & city?

Kidhuman
10-01-2005, 12:09 AM
Bacta, they are being found all over at WM's and Targets.

I found them thids morning. I like gree, Bly looks like the Commander from the Evo packs to me. I also grabbed Cat and Passel. I passed on the wookie, neo, and bodygurad. Not worht it to me since the originals are warming here.

darth cynik
10-01-2005, 06:03 AM
I picked up Bly, Gree, and the gray Wookie yesterday at WM in NF, NY.

Gree is an incredible figure. I loved the way him and the other Kashyyyk clones looked in the movie with green camo armor, but the Gree figure is even cooler than the awesome AT-RT figure of a couple months ago is. I LOVE the figure. (We need a real release of the BARC trooper now to shame the inarticulated craptastic one packed with the speeder... c'mon, Habro!)

Bly's cool too, but I dunno, the figure lacks spirit or something. I dunno, the figure is neat but just isn't much in the way of excitement.

And I love the Wookie "Commando" even if it's kinda bland. I'm a wookie fantaic anyway (I have a Chewbacca tattoo fer cryin' out loud), and I love to have some variety so I picked him up. The gray paint scheme looks really great IMO.

But no ROTS figure yet [except maybe pilot Obi-Wan] has been as amazing in-hand as Gree.

happy hunting, all!

Veers
10-02-2005, 08:24 AM
Yeah, I got those variants myself. The Clone Pilot looks cool! Have not found the Anakin sith eyes variant. I did not know there was a variation with him.

Devo
10-02-2005, 02:53 PM
I've been thinking those black clone pilots along with the black R2 unit from POTJ would look great together in an ARC-170.