PDA

View Full Version : Toyland opens this Saturday

Kidhuman
09-29-2005, 05:30 PM
Wal-Marts Christmas toy push starts this Saturday. I was speaking ot the gent at the local Wally World, and he said he was expecting alot of new merch that was i nthe back to be put out. Check them this Saturday.

El Chuxter
09-29-2005, 05:34 PM
Toylnad? That sounds vulgar. :p

:beard::whip:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-29-2005, 09:36 PM
I saw an ad for this, which also advertised the ROTS figures being $4.77. I didn't realize it was a big deal, I just thought they were gonna put up new Toyland signs and crap like that.

bobafrett
09-29-2005, 11:39 PM
I'll be working at my Wal-Mart in my Stormtrooper armor, at least I have been to by the toy department manager.

2-1B
09-30-2005, 03:35 AM
Thanks for that post KH, that reminds me that Fleet Farm should be opening their Toyland in the next few weeks and I'll have to check on that. Although, I haven't gone to the 7am opening for the past several years because I became too ashamed of the people who were also there at opening time. But I might grab one or two items a few hours after they open. ;)

jaxx
09-30-2005, 10:51 AM
Is this going to be a big deal at all Wal*Marts, or is this just going to be at the bigger ones?

JimJamBonds
09-30-2005, 01:09 PM
So they'll have even more of the same pegwarming figs. Why do they need an announcementon that? ;)

figrin bran
10-01-2005, 09:07 PM
toyland was a total bust at the WM i went to today and the best figures i found were green commander and black pilot. was it any better for any of you guys?

UKWildcat
10-01-2005, 09:12 PM
was it any better for any of you guys?

Nope, not me. They didn't have much of anything. I am going to check again tomorrow. I'm hoping they forgot to put out the cases of figures or something.

sith_killer_99
10-01-2005, 10:34 PM
Yeah, big fat goose egg at toyland today.

Star Matt
10-01-2005, 10:51 PM
All's I was able to score was a spudtrooper and a green clone commander. No new marvel legends, spider-man etc..

Kidhuman
10-01-2005, 11:32 PM
I didnt see shizzle there today cept old stuff.

tagmac
10-01-2005, 11:46 PM
I finally managed to find a Shocktrooper today in Wal-Mart (they had two, so I left one), and there were several Green Clone Commanders, and a black Pilot, but aside from their having put out a few of those cases, there was nothing of any significance on the shelves. No Sith or Clone Evolutions, no early signs of the new figs - nothing.

JimJamBonds
10-02-2005, 01:01 AM
Thanks for that post KH, that reminds me that Fleet Farm should be opening their Toyland in the next few weeks and I'll have to check on that.

And what about Farm and Fleet?

ace2005
10-02-2005, 04:23 AM
A bust here in Houston, Texas...

nada :sad:

Veers
10-02-2005, 08:27 AM
Oh yeah, this time of year is the best time to find new stuff.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-02-2005, 03:07 PM
There was nothing new at WM yesterday, except for some new Force Battlers (which I still think are stupid). They moved all the SW stuff into a smaller area, to condense all the Neimoidians and Luminaras. :rolleyes:

Slicker
10-02-2005, 04:42 PM
When I went yesterday I didn't see anything to hint that they had started Toyland. Although the WM I went to was doing a complete store overhaul so that may be why.

Kill Solo
10-02-2005, 06:02 PM
I caught the tail end of "Toyland" and all I saw were a bunch of new banners and the Toy Department manager customizing (with icing) cookies and giving them away. Nothing new.

bobafrett
10-02-2005, 06:19 PM
The same as most others have to report, nothing new. They did have a case or two with the Jedi's and battle droid and 3PO. We had at least 5 pegs with nothing but Vader on them.

I dressed up in my Stormtrooper armor and entertained the children. It wasn't as fun as last years Toyland grand opening.

figrin bran
10-02-2005, 10:04 PM
i stopped by another local WM today and there were only pegwarmers plus a lone at-te gunner. no signs or banners to indicate that toyland has been launched.

BlueSnags
10-02-2005, 10:09 PM
i stopped by another local WM today and there were only pegwarmers plus a lone at-te gunner. no signs or banners to indicate that toyland has been launched.

I read on another site that Panorama City WM had the Gree wave this morning (the post also mentioned that all the Grees and Blys were gone 5 min after opening).

Jango Speck
10-02-2005, 10:34 PM
I read on another site that Panorama City WM had the Gree wave this morning (the post also mentioned that all the Grees and Blys were gone 5 min after opening).

G-Damnit! I was there last night and it was a wasteland of nothing! Gotta say though, even if I found out they had the stuff right now, it wouldn't be worth the hastle of wading through that cesspool. No sign of "Toyland" last night.

figrin bran
10-03-2005, 12:24 AM
G-Damnit! I was there last night and it was a wasteland of nothing! Gotta say though, even if I found out they had the stuff right now, it wouldn't be worth the hastle of wading through that cesspool. No sign of "Toyland" last night.

haha, i know what you mean about that store. those escalators are the grimiest thing i've ever seen and you wonder if they're going to collapse at any given moment.

still, i would wade through that cesspool if they had bly and gree!

ace2005
10-03-2005, 04:53 AM
Toyland has arrived in Houston, Texas...

Repaints galore, the Wal-marts around us are receiving 4-8 long display boxes 12 per case of old and repainted trooper, commander, pilot...

Also occasionally if you are lucky you will spot a sith eyed anakin(yellow), these boxes are numbered 50 and 52, 50 for the most part has the repaints, 52 seems to be a filler of old pieces, have not seen a 51 or if it even exist.

Good Luck, :bandit:

Mandalorian Candidat
10-04-2005, 06:37 PM
I didn't know what the hell this toyland was KH was posting so I didn't look at this thread until today. I guess in my area (central UT) they put out tons of new stuff. We have a local toy collectors forum and it was abuzz with all the findings Friday night. I did manage to find some new stuff (Commander Gree and Black Wookie) but most was long gone.

ace2005
10-06-2005, 05:39 AM
Toyland in Houston, Texas continues with All of the Battle Packs you could want for only 19.99, evolution galore - case W3R3 05 - 3 troopers 1 sith - must of counted 30 of evolutiion troopers, also per mentioned in my previous post these long boxes with the repaints, box 51 has a red guard. Also pallets of the new star wars collection 1.

Good Luck, :yes:

trandoshan666
10-06-2005, 07:28 PM
So I'm standing amid a sea of pallets at "Toyland" the other night, and I find six of the long cases to be put on the shelves. I asked an employee if she would cut one of them open for me. She did, and then proceeded to remove the one red royal guard figure inside and take it for herself (tacky, but I wasn't in the market for a Senate Security figure, so I didn't care that much). Just then, the night stocker (more like "stalker") comes over and starts freaking out on her for trying to help me. :shocked:
He tells her (and me) that she can't open the boxes because they're overstock and are not destined for the floor because the shelves are too full. Then he informs me that there are already enough Star Wars toys in the aisle for holiday shopping, closes the box, and carries it away.

Man, Toyland rocks.:thumbsup:

El Chuxter
10-06-2005, 07:34 PM
Let me guess: the shelves are positively collapsing under the weight of the entire armed services of the planet Neimoidia?

trandoshan666
10-06-2005, 07:45 PM
Let me guess: the shelves are positively collapsing under the weight of the entire armed services of the planet Neimoidia?
You've got that right. But I mustn't leave out the real peg fillers: the three different versions of Palpatine. Boy, I just don't get why kids and collectors alike didn't buy up entire legions of those guys. :rolleyes:

Obi-wedge
10-09-2005, 12:11 PM
I have been to about 10 walmarts in lubbock, texas and all between okc and Tulsa, ok and have found only one wal-mart that actually had the 12 pack display boxes put out. Most of the others had some new figs on the shelf but mostly palpys and clones #6 and #41. Trhey all seem to have a ton of the first version of the stormtrooper evolution sets. The one wlmart that did have the 12-pack displyas had a TON of clone repaints inlcuding both clone commanders, the black pilot and a ton of the red clone troopers.

BlueSnags
10-15-2005, 05:34 PM
All the Walmarts I've been hitting lately now have the "Star Wars island" in the aisle, but unfortunately it's loaded with the Obi-Wan Pilot wave and Build-Your-Own Lightsabers. I can see the spot where the DVD 3-packs are going to go. Looks like they are going to have squat until 11/1.

Slicker
10-15-2005, 06:08 PM
I just saw one of those islands today myself Snags. They didn't have much on it but some peg warmers and a lone Early Bird set.

BlueSnags
10-15-2005, 06:58 PM
I just saw one of those islands today myself Snags. They didn't have much on it but some peg warmers and a lone Early Bird set.

Yeah, it's always a letdown when you walk into the store, you see the island, get excited...and then realize that there's nothing but pegwarming crap on them :frus:

TheDarthVader
10-15-2005, 08:34 PM
Has anyone else found the black pilot repaint? I have been dying to get two of these guys. The black pilot is the only repaint that I have not found yet.
The regular figures that I have never seen are Tarkin, Ask Aak, and Meena Tills.

B.
TDV

Jango Speck
10-15-2005, 10:49 PM
Has anyone else found the black pilot repaint? I have been dying to get two of these guys. The black pilot is the only repaint that I have not found yet.
The regular figures that I have never seen are Tarkin, Ask Aak, and Meena Tills.

B.
TDV

I'm afraid you've missed it. They were quite plentiful in L.A. in August. I don't think there are any more, and they aren't in any new waves. Hopefully, the eBay prices have come down.

bobafrett
10-16-2005, 09:40 AM

Our store has one of those Islanders, but nothing new on it. I thought it was just our store, like we had an original thought, but it must be a corporate thing.

JimJamBonds
10-16-2005, 12:31 PM
Our store has one of those Islanders, but nothing new on it. I thought it was just our store, like we had an original thought, but it must be a corporate thing.

Yup got the same thing in Green Bay.