PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Spider-Man...anyone?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-30-2005, 01:29 AM
I was curious if anybody got this cos i'm REALLY curious to hear about it. The reviews are pretty much everywhere, from great graphics to the game is too short to they changed around the web system. I even read that you can't really do combos and yank weapons out of thugs hands?!?! I put it on layaway, just in case, but if anybody has heard/read/played the game, drop us your review. thanks.

Lord Malakite
09-30-2005, 08:01 AM
I'm thinking about getting this game myself Guyute. If I do I'll let you know what I think of it personally. From what I've read about it so far it sounds like like USM flip flops everything in SpiderMan 2. All the things SM2 had probelms with USM improved upon, but everything SM2 did right USM takes a step back on. There is also a different web system and no combo system as you said. Apparently the idea behind that is to get you to fight more like Spiderman. The more you bounce around off walls and on bad guys rather than straight forward beat' em up, the higher your attack meter goes and the more damage you can do.

jaxx
09-30-2005, 06:01 PM
This game looks like a lot of fun, and the graphics look great too. I think this might have to be a rental though. If the game's a lot shorter than Spiderman 2, I'd hate to spend the cash on it... only to get a couple of days of play out of it.

darthvyn
10-09-2005, 09:55 PM
the game rocks. very fun. the start is a little abrupt, but i guess they didn't feel the need to go through the whole spidey "learning curve" again. playing as venom is great.

it's very much like spider-man 2, but the graphics loose their depth quicker (meaning the buildings look like blocks from afar) however - up close they look better than SM2.

all in all, a very worthy addition to your game collection.