PDA

View Full Version : I just ordered John Knoll's 365 Days . . .

2-1B
09-30-2005, 01:13 PM
Anybody else getting it ? Jeez, I don't recall hearing about it before, not until a few days ago when it was in the Delta Source email so I looked 'er up and I found it to be 19.77 at Amazon so I placed an order today (along with the Ultimate Vis Guide so I got free shipping). :)

Looks like a fun book (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0810959364/ref=pd_luc_mri/104-0273051-3960704?%5Fencoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance), and from what I've read Knoll was able to dig up some old scool OT production pics that haven't been seen much before.

Looking forward to this book, should be fun ! :)

JimJamBonds
09-30-2005, 02:24 PM
Looks pretty good, can I borrow it after you get it? ;)

Blue2th
10-01-2005, 08:53 AM
After seeing the news of it at Galactic Hunter, then seeing the article at Hyperspace, the first place I looked to buy it was Amazon. I too bought it right away.

2-1B
10-02-2005, 01:12 AM
Blue2th, did you just recently hear about it ? I'm kind of surprised that it crept up on me, I guess it got overshadowed by news of the upcoming Prequel Chronicles and Dressing the Galaxy. :confused:

Blue2th
10-02-2005, 09:08 AM
Yeah, I check all the Star Wars sites everyday: Sirstevesguide, Rebelscum,Yoda's News, and Galactic Hunter. The latter site is where I found news of it. Looks like a great book with lots of exclusive pictures. Anymore good sites to recommend for Star Wars news?

Deoxyribonucleic
10-17-2005, 10:20 PM
I saw this book at ComicCon. And as soon as I did, I knew I wanted it!! I picked it up at Barnes a few weeks ago (got my friend's employee discount and picked up an extra for a b-day gift for a friend which went over very well) and I even rearranged my bookshelves for it! I LOVE this book...there's lots of fabulous books coming out this year for star wars!

Has anyone got theirs yet? I'm interested to see how everyone likes it! The dvd is a nice add on too! My fav is the filming on "Tattooine"

I really wish they'd put out just one HUGE book, bigger than the orginal star wars chronicles that has nothing but behind the scenes pictures and pictures from Lucas' archives...I CRAVE stuff like this!!

2-1B
10-18-2005, 04:16 AM
hey 'Ox, I got mine last week and it is fantastic, I really love this piece. Tons of great photos from all 6 films. I haven't even read it all yet but I can't recommend this book enough ! I haven't even cracked into the CD-ROM either, but I'm looking forward to it. :)

Bel-Cam Jos
10-22-2005, 09:23 AM
I have a lot of SW books on my plate right now, so SW:365D is still unwrapped right now. Still finishing reading Dark Nest II (it's actually pretty good), and I have Dressing a Gal. to get to, as well, plus a couple of comic trade paperbacks. Stupid life responsibilities getting in the way of SW bliss... :rolleyes:

Deoxyribonucleic
10-22-2005, 01:47 PM
Stupid life responsibilities getting in the way of SW bliss... :rolleyes:

I feel ya on that one! But it is cool that there's so many books and games and dvd's coming out that we have to line them up to finish everything! :)

Rogue II
10-22-2005, 07:49 PM
I put this on my Christmas wishlist. (Yeah, its almost that time of year.) What's on the CD-Rom?

Jayspawn
10-23-2005, 12:40 AM
I got to page through one of these yesterday. Theres some great notes and some terrific protos.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-12-2005, 10:57 AM
The pics in this are amazing! They even have some of the deleted scenes (ROJ sandstorm, ROTS Shaak Ti scene, etc.). What's cool is that the crew and cameras are usually visible, so it doesn't look like all the shots we've seen before. Lots of insider info: such as script notes, injury reports, crew member comments, makeshift adjustments, etc. I'm up to the start of TPM, but I've cheated and looked ahead. :eek: This is one book that's well worth its cost.

Now all I have to do is finish this one, to get onto:
SW: Dressing a Galaxy
Last of the Jedi #3
SW Poster Book
SW Complete Locations
SW Chronolgy (as yet, still un-purchased)

Sigh... the life of a dedicated SW fan... oh, the pain, the struggle... :rolleyes:

Bel-Cam Jos
11-12-2005, 04:20 PM
I glanced at my pile of un-read SW books (doesn't everyone have a pile of un-read Star Wars books? ;) ) and noticed that I forgot to add these to my list of gotta-open-up-and-read-'em:

Making of ROTS
Shadows of the Empire: Evolution trade paperback
Union trade paperback

Sigh... oh, more pain, more struggle... :thumbsup:

And on a side note, if SW:365 had come out last year, would we have got an extra "day" page due to the leap year?