PDA

View Full Version : GI Joe Sigma 6

Pages : 1 [2]

El Chuxter
04-27-2007, 12:36 AM
I love how they call "Kung Fu Grip" an innovation. Maybe forty years ago.

RooJay
04-27-2007, 02:48 AM
Answered. Plus all 3.75" figures have had file cards.

Then allow me to rephrase:

Will we be seeing the return of the original style of filecards with the anniversary line, and if so will they be new or reprinted from the originals?

(the more recent ones just don't look the same to me.)

(Edit-) Nevermind, I just found some carded pics! They look great!

pbarnard
04-27-2007, 05:33 PM
The most infamous figure of all is now going to be the San Diego Comic Con exclusive.

http://www.gijoeclub.com/sdcc07figure.cfm

PIMP DADDY DESTRO!!!

El Chuxter
04-27-2007, 06:09 PM
Is that for real when it says this was actually released ten years ago? :eek:

I guess it is: http://www.yojoe.com/faq/pdd.shtml. I'd never heard of that.

I may have to pick this up, and use him as Destro's illegitimate son, Alexander.

pbarnard
04-27-2007, 06:39 PM
Is that for real when it says this was actually released ten years ago? :eek:

I guess it is: http://www.yojoe.com/faq/pdd.shtml. I'd never heard of that.

I may have to pick this up, and use him as Destro's illegitimate son, Alexander.

I remember having that debate at joecustoms. It degenerated into a flame war because people couldn't or wouldn't acknowledge the long time Hasbro secret, we don't know how many are produced because they don't release their numbers, but due to the "smallness" of the joe community, and the lack of anyone having any beyond the production samples and mockups, gets dismissed.

I can't believe they're not only going to release this, but have variants. If you think you're ****ed about the McQuaries at C4, how's that for a kicker?

El Chuxter
04-27-2007, 06:56 PM
At least it's a paint variation (or two) of an existing figure, and not a totally new character. Just a bonus, of sorts. Between the CIV McQuarries and the BotCon Classics Seekers set, Hasbro's convention exclusives are not making people very happy this year.

Dominic Guglieme
04-30-2007, 05:36 PM
More to the point, it is an undesireable paint variation. The *only* people who want this are collectors, because of the accidental mystique built up around the toy. Anyone who wants this will get one with minimal difficulty, scalper fees aside. Granted, I would prefer a new character, or something similar, but hey, if I do not have to find an exclusive, I am happy.

The MacQuarrie con toys are annoying, but even so, they are not core. Granted, they will be more difficult to find, but, nobody is missing a core character because of this.

Now, the seeker set....... In fairness, it is not Brian Savage's fault. Blame Hasbro. (These killed any interest I had in "Classics" as I refuse to pay scalper fees.)

BountyHunterScum
04-30-2007, 06:14 PM
Since going to San Diego is out of the question for me where else can I get this?

pbarnard
04-30-2007, 06:34 PM
Since going to San Diego is out of the question for me where else can I get this?

Probably from the GI Joe Collector Club. But you'll be charged a membership fee plus figure fee if there are any left.

RooJay
05-02-2007, 02:32 AM
More to the point, it is an undesireable paint variation. The *only* people who want this are collectors

...and those of us who truly believe that pimpin' ain't easy, and wish to pay homage.:thumbsup:

pbarnard
05-02-2007, 05:02 PM
So here is the questions:

How much longer can this Q&A continue with several redundant questions from just about every site?

Will PDD be available through any other means beyond ComicCon?

Even if this line fizzles, will the relationship with the Collector Club continue in terms of small scale sharing of molds?

Can a third attempt at a failed business model in 10 years with respect to the 3.75" figures be expected to succeed when nothing else has?

Fans have complained that the lack of a cartoon or any promotion by Hasbro has hurt GI Joe but ratings for Sigma 6 forced the its cancellation and subsequent renaming of the line. How can this justify any further sinking of capital by Hasbro into something that seems to have a very small market and no promotion to speak of?

El Chuxter
05-02-2007, 05:13 PM
I really think that, given the mix of ages of people who collect most successful toylines these days, GIJoe needs a few things to compete:

1) A cartoon that airs regularly, is suitable for kids and hip enough to keep their attention, and that isn't insulting to the intelligence of older viewers.

2) Some consistency with what's come before, even if it's only the basics that remain the same.

3) A comic book tie-in, even if it's separate from the regular America's Elite.

4) Death to repaints! I like Snake Eyes, but when there are seven or eight released in two years, it's a bit excessive.

5) Abandon the 2-pack idea entirely, or at least revamp it. In the GIJoe vs Cobra line, one would be required to buy multiples of some figures to get a complete set, since characters would appear first with one figure, and later with a different one (usually a new one who wasn't available otherwise). Also, if they were to keep or resurrect the 2-pack idea, packing an individual with an army builder is a bad idea.

BountyHunterScum
05-02-2007, 06:10 PM
Some of the repaints of Storm Shadow have turned out nicely. Tattoo chest and Red Pants versions for starters.

El Chuxter
05-02-2007, 06:34 PM
True, but do you need all the repaints within the space of a year?

BountyHunterScum
05-03-2007, 12:08 AM
True, but do you need all the repaints within the space of a year?

Well no one "needs" any of these things but as a matter of convenience it doesn't hurt. :D

pbarnard
05-22-2007, 11:00 AM
Is your Q&A done after just one time?

BountyHunterScum
05-22-2007, 02:44 PM
Is your Q&A done after just one time?

Huh? Was that directed at me?

pbarnard
05-22-2007, 05:29 PM
Huh? Was that directed at me?

Nope. JT and Hasbro in general, since all the questions were the same the first time and I really haven't seen any others beyond when we gonna get character x question that seem a waste on the SW Q&A.

JediTricks
05-24-2007, 03:30 AM
Steve said he was taking over, and I tried to hand it off to you guys, but no participation happened so I dunno.

El Chuxter
05-24-2007, 10:54 AM
I remember the old stuff, but I'm so out of the new I doubt I could identify actual news for what it is. :)

pbarnard
05-30-2007, 12:42 PM
Just saw on other sites they're taking questions for Friday.

I would have volunteered, but I already ask the doozy questions over at FFURG about oil, relationships with China, etc. Few other conflicts that to me say its more work than it is worth in the end in terms of what I as a joe fan would get out of it (i'm less than impressed with their joe answers than star wars non-answers).

pbarnard
06-23-2007, 10:57 AM
Anyone following the previes/reviews over at yojoe.com? (I know, a dreaded site). It seems it is official that the 25th Aniversary collection will be 4" scale.

My only comment is that the Flint head looks just like the SpyTroops mask included with Zartan.

JediTricks
06-23-2007, 04:36 PM
I hadn't seen them, just checked out all the pics, what the hell happened here?!? A friggin' scale change? So these are, what, an homage to Sgt Savage figures??? And high-waisted T-bar hips, thus rendering possibly the most important joint on these figures nearly useless, that's just unbelievable!!! The whole ****ing point of the RAH was that they could easily fit in vehicles or kick butt or run and do cool poses, so an homage to the type of articulation while completely hampering what it does seems like a total slap in the face.

I am very disappointed right now with what I'm seeing.

pbarnard
06-23-2007, 04:59 PM
My thought is that they should rethink the articulation altogether. The problem is that the focus of GI Joe was the vehicles, not the figures (from a design standpoint). The (faulty) o-ring enabled that at the time. Since there are no vehicles to be produced, there won't be any so can rethink the whole thing. Either way, I was going to be passing no matter what. It just comes down to how many versions of Duke, SE, CC, etc does one need before it gets ridiculous.

I would rather have Elite Force articulation in military figures with some chest joint like Chewbacca or the clones in a military figure. Figures without web gear look ugly.

BountyHunterScum
06-24-2007, 11:16 AM
Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow have the most versions of any figure currently. The newest SS figure is red white and blue.

RooJay
06-24-2007, 03:40 PM
Oh no! By giving us cool looking, detailed figures with tons of articulation that are almost noticeably taller than the originals, Hasbro is once again crapping all over our collective childhood!:tired:

At this point, I'm thinking it would just be so much easier if you guys would just list which individual pieces of which figures from whichever lines you actually do like. I'm sure such a list would take far less time to get out of the way. No offense.

Also, which variants are there that everyone's going on about? I've only seen one version of each character besides Snake-Eyes and Stormshadow announced so far in the Anniversary line. What am I missing?

...and one more thing - if the anniversary figure line doesn't get enough support (not that I would be worried about that at all - seems like most actual fans are pretty danged excited regardless of the prevailing sentiments of the outspoken few) you can pretty much guarantee there won't be any vehicles. In fact, you could therefore also guarantee that there wouldn't be anymore RAH type G.I. Joes at all again for a very long time.

BountyHunterScum
06-24-2007, 03:50 PM
Out of the 25th, Snake Eyes Storm Shadow and Cobra Commander each have two versions. The Cobra soldier has two versions as well. I'm going after the 2 five packs as they are the only way to get Baroness and Scarlett. I will be picking up the single carded versions of the three mentioned at the beginning of this post.

RooJay
06-24-2007, 04:11 PM
Out of the 25th, Snake Eyes Storm Shadow and Cobra Commander each have two versions. The Cobra soldier has two versions as well. I'm going after the 2 five packs as they are the only way to get Baroness and Scarlett. I will be picking up the single carded versions of the three mentioned at the beginning of this post.

Snake Eyes and Stormshadow are understandable. Cobra Commander was requested in either or both versions by most fans as soon as the line was announced (both versions of the originals were released very close together anyway, so nothing unusual there.) and the Cobra Infantry and Cobra Officer are technically two different characters that happen to use most of the same molds (again, both the originals were released almost simultaneously in the original line anyway, so also not surprising.)

BountyHunterScum
06-24-2007, 05:01 PM
I like both Ninjas the most. CC is cool but not as cool as the Arashikage Ninjas. Toobad they didn't put the two chicks in single card form as well instead of making me buy the 2 sets to get them.

Vi Cit Tecum
06-30-2007, 01:52 PM
I picked up a Iron Grenadier today nice looking figure. The back states they work for Firefly but didn't thy originally work for Destro? I saw an Inferno figure too but didn't buy it.

The 25th Snake eyes with Timber comes in 2 versions a white wolf and a black wolf.

pbarnard
07-01-2007, 02:42 PM
I picked up a Iron Grenadier today nice looking figure. The back states they work for Firefly but didn't thy originally work for Destro? I saw an Inferno figure too but didn't buy it.

The 25th Snake eyes with Timber comes in 2 versions a white wolf and a black wolf.

Correct, the IG's worked were Destro's private security force. They also were the JoeCon set 2 years ago.

I've seen more and more reviews. The scale change is becoming obvious, and the torso joint doesn't look good unless there is some sort of web gear to hide or at least mask it.

mm74md
07-13-2007, 09:37 AM
Has anybody seen the 25th 5 packs at retail? It seems in my area that only TRU carries Joe's anymore

figrin bran
07-13-2007, 12:06 PM
I think some people have even found the single packs at retail (TRU).

I think we'll have to wait for a Target reset before we even see them there.

pbarnard
07-13-2007, 01:14 PM
From the reviews, some people have gotten theirs from online stores but that's that incestuous sponsorship deals that blurs the line between review and advertisement.

mm74md
07-13-2007, 04:23 PM
I think some people have even found the single packs at retail (TRU).

I think we'll have to wait for a Target reset before we even see them there.

I have seen the single carded Snake Eyes at TRU as well.

Vi Cit Tecum
07-16-2007, 06:24 PM
On saturday I picked up the 2 "5 packs", a snake eyes, and a storm shadow at TRU. They had 2 cobra "5 packs", 1 GI joe "5 pack", 1 storm shadow, and 2 snake eyes at opening.

pbarnard
07-18-2007, 05:19 PM
Saw the singles on the pegs at TRU the other day. The Joe 5 pack is at Hasbro DTC.

Also, finally saw the convention figs for the first time. Little over-sexed, but nice use of a modified Scarlet Head and a nice salute the Reloaded Comic by makind Doc a woman again.

http://www.mastercollector.com/neat/gijoe/atlanta/RAHpreview.cfm

El Chuxter
07-18-2007, 10:43 PM
Holy crap! Those figures look sweet. This is the first I've heard of them. Are they going to be attainable, or is Hasbro screwing us the way they did with the BotCon Classics Seekers set?

RooJay
07-19-2007, 03:13 AM
Dude! Female Cobra officers in backless and corset tied black leather?!! HOT!

pbarnard
07-19-2007, 10:16 AM
Holy crap! Those figures look sweet. This is the first I've heard of them. Are they going to be attainable, or is Hasbro screwing us the way they did with the BotCon Classics Seekers set?

In the past you could order a set and not attend the convention, but you only get the boxed set. The hint would be the big vehicle available at the convention set is probably a Mauler not clue on the smaller vehicles or 3 pack figures that won't be made available. Plus, this really isn't Hasbro but Master Collector, who pay to rent some molds from Hasbro, run them and sell them at inflated prices.

pbarnard
07-21-2007, 01:05 PM
Last of the figures is up for the set. We'll see the add ons later.

pbarnard
07-30-2007, 03:08 PM
Did anyone pick up the PDD at ComicCon?

figrin bran
07-31-2007, 12:03 PM
pb, the PDD's were all sold out when i was there!

i picked up the single carded 25AC Storm Shadow the other day and unfortunately he's missing the bow. i should've known better than to buy it because there was tape along the sides of the bubble. i guess i figured that the swords were still in there as was the stand and so "nothing was missing" or so i thought.

not too fond of the shruken head either.

RooJay
08-01-2007, 03:01 AM
Uh...what's a PDD?:confused:

One of my buddies here at work came back from Vegas over the weekend with all of the individual carded anniversary Joes (minus the Cobra Officer.) I'm soO jealous!

figrin bran
08-01-2007, 03:02 AM
Pimp Daddy Destro

DarkArtist
08-04-2007, 03:13 PM
picked up the rest of the single carded 25th's today at TRU in Woodbridge. Still looking for the 5 packs have yet to see them.

pbarnard
08-04-2007, 03:53 PM
I've seen the 5 packs in Target and TRU, usually there's 2-3X as many joes as cobras. Have seen the singles, never seen a Cobra Officer yet though.

BountyHunterScum
08-04-2007, 06:13 PM
I've seen the 5 packs in Target and TRU, usually there's 2-3X as many joes as cobras. Have seen the singles, never seen a Cobra Officer yet though.

I saw a single cobra soldier the day I got single Snake Eyes Storm Shadow and Cobra Commander.

pbarnard
08-05-2007, 03:20 PM
Following the wake of the Benoit story, for lack of a better term, it sickens me that the next thing on display is the Cobra Wrestler brought in to combat Sgt Slaughter, Roddy Piper. This is the time for Hasbro to break off their relationship with the company and employees who continue to aim for the lowest common denominator.

http://www.mastercollector.com/neat/gijoe/atlanta/RoddyPiperpreview.cfm

Things like this are definitely why I'm leaving so many joe related forrums/communities, and outside of customizing some joes, the GI Joe line altogether as something to go out and get.

JediTricks
08-06-2007, 01:06 AM
Oh man, I feel a little bad about PDD. I was able to get into the HTS booth line super early on preview night and I got overwhelmed, bought 2 Stan Lee ML figs and 2 of the Titanium BSG 3pack, and a few of the McJedi 2packs, but I passed up the PDDs they had because I wasn't into it. Guess which figures were the first to sell out. :p

The GI Joe part of Hasbro's booth was minimalistic, 2 side-by-side displays and a table - they handed out some mild swag, the best was the GI Joe playing cards which I grabbed. But they had a new mech for the 8" Sigma 6-sized line which they claimed was out now, it looked REALLY good too, you never see mechs at that scale. At the store I found the new wave with the transforming bike bot dude, Flint, SE in green, SS with blue and gimmicks, and something else - but this line feels SO over. I felt nothing for any of them, they've driven the fun out of the line for me. And the new red weapons locker caps are an eyesore.

BountyHunterScum
08-06-2007, 01:53 PM
Oh man, I feel a little bad about PDD. I was able to get into the HTS booth line super early on preview night and I got overwhelmed, bought 2 Stan Lee ML figs and 2 of the Titanium BSG 3pack, and a few of the McJedi 2packs, but I passed up the PDDs they had because I wasn't into it. Guess which figures were the first to sell out. :p

The GI Joe part of Hasbro's booth was minimalistic, 2 side-by-side displays and a table - they handed out some mild swag, the best was the GI Joe playing cards which I grabbed. But they had a new mech for the 8" Sigma 6-sized line which they claimed was out now, it looked REALLY good too, you never see mechs at that scale. At the store I found the new wave with the transforming bike bot dude, Flint, SE in green, SS with blue and gimmicks, and something else - but this line feels SO over. I felt nothing for any of them, they've driven the fun out of the line for me. And the new red weapons locker caps are an eyesore.

Toobad I don't know you very well or I would have asked you to pick me up at least 1 Rodimus lol.

figrin bran
08-07-2007, 01:06 AM
Toobad I don't know you very well or I would have asked you to pick me up at least 1 Rodimus lol.

James, you shouldn't hesitate to ask anyone on this board for help! I'm sure JT would've been willing. I would've been willing too!

El Chuxter
08-07-2007, 01:17 AM
So, looking over the pictures from SDCC, two things stand out:

1) Why do they taunt us by making these amazingly sweet one-of-a-kind figures of Lifeline, Leatherneck, Sergeant Slaughter, Zarana, etc, and not offer them for sale? Why?

2) Why, in the name of all that's holy, if they want to celebrate the best of GIJoe's history in this 25th anniversary collection, did they stick that rank turd Serpentor in the mix? Now I'll not only have to get that other turd, Duke, since he's in the five-pack with the good characters, but I'll have to either get this megaturd king of all dookiefarts or have a hole in my collection. I guess it's Serpentor. Better to have the hole.

pbarnard
08-07-2007, 01:27 PM
So, looking over the pictures from SDCC, two things stand out:

1) Why do they taunt us by making these amazingly sweet one-of-a-kind figures of Lifeline, Leatherneck, Sergeant Slaughter, Zarana, etc, and not offer them for sale? Why?

Because one of the biggest joe fan sites by sheer volume/number of members registered is joecustoms.com. There has been some grumbling there about how the lack of customization will basically mean no more buying or collecting for some. Hasbro reacted by saying, yes, you can customize them, and we pay attention to what customizers do and eventually get to making the figures that "most tend to make" for those not brave enough to try.

2) Why, in the name of all that's holy, if they want to celebrate the best of GIJoe's history in this 25th anniversary collection, did they stick that rank turd Serpentor in the mix? Now I'll not only have to get that other turd, Duke, since he's in the five-pack with the good characters, but I'll have to either get this megaturd king of all dookiefarts or have a hole in my collection. I guess it's Serpentor. Better to have the hole.

He's the major bad guy of the 2nd Season cartoon, one of the more interesting figures in the Cobra Civil War plots in the comics, and his clones seem to be everywhere in the DD plots.

BountyHunterScum
08-07-2007, 02:51 PM
James, you shouldn't hesitate to ask anyone on this board for help! I'm sure JT would've been willing. I would've been willing too!

IF I had known this ahead of time.......:D I heard a rumor that the HTS computer screwed up and ordered more Rodimus' shipped than were ordered if thats true hope hasn't totally died.

BountyHunterScum
08-08-2007, 03:41 PM
Did anyone get pimp daddy destro gold headed?

El Chuxter
08-08-2007, 04:32 PM
I dunno. A friend ordered it for me, and I don't remember which he got.

Picked up the entire first wave of the 25th Anniversary line last night. They look beautiful. Unfortunately, they are rather lacking. The plastic quality and construction may be Hasbro's shoddiest ever. I took Snake Eyes [II] out of the package, and before I even equipped him with any weapons, his left hand snapped off.

Cobra Officer has an empty knife sheath, but doesn't include a knife. :confused:

His helmet is removeable, but he has a shiny dome underneath. No hair at all.

The stands were poorly designed. They look sweet, but the peg is near the back, and the figures have holes in the middle of the foot, so they look off-kilter.

Several figures come with accessories and no pictures or instructions as to where they can go. I had Storm Shadow [II] ready for display before I realized he had a spot for his knife in his belt after all. (Good, because he looks best with just the sword.)

The figures are intricately designed, but their weapons are all one-toned and nondescript.

Construction flaws aside, they look really nice. Hopefully there will still be some Snake Eyes when I go to exchange the busted one.

BountyHunterScum
08-08-2007, 08:14 PM
I dunno. A friend ordered it for me, and I don't remember which he got.

Picked up the entire first wave of the 25th Anniversary line last night. They look beautiful. Unfortunately, they are rather lacking. The plastic quality and construction may be Hasbro's shoddiest ever. I took Snake Eyes [II] out of the package, and before I even equipped him with any weapons, his left hand snapped off.

Cobra Officer has an empty knife sheath, but doesn't include a knife. :confused:

His helmet is removeable, but he has a shiny dome underneath. No hair at all.

The stands were poorly designed. They look sweet, but the peg is near the back, and the figures have holes in the middle of the foot, so they look off-kilter.

Several figures come with accessories and no pictures or instructions as to where they can go. I had Storm Shadow [II] ready for display before I realized he had a spot for his knife in his belt after all. (Good, because he looks best with just the sword.)

The figures are intricately designed, but their weapons are all one-toned and nondescript.

Construction flaws aside, they look really nice. Hopefully there will still be some Snake Eyes when I go to exchange the busted one.

My silver headed PDD's came yesterday. HTS took them off of the site today or yesterday so thats obvious they are gone for good.

pbarnard
08-09-2007, 12:08 PM

The single card SE is already peg warming here because he's packed 2 to a case, where the rest are 1.

mm74md
08-09-2007, 03:19 PM
If you guys are still looking for the 5 packs I found them at multiple Kmarts in Western MD and South Central PA. The only bugger I need now is the Cobra Officer.

Will there be any way to order the Convention 15 pack online other than ebay/scalper sites?

pbarnard
08-09-2007, 03:40 PM
If you guys are still looking for the 5 packs I found them at multiple Kmarts in Western MD and South Central PA. The only bugger I need now is the Cobra Officer.

Will there be any way to order the Convention 15 pack online other than ebay/scalper sites?

Damn, I passed on him (and all these figs) because I walked into Wal-Mart to buy some contact lenses, and saw them resetting the toys. They had 1 case just opened.

Vi Cit Tecum
08-09-2007, 04:10 PM
Will there be any way to order the Convention 15 pack online other than ebay/scalper sites?[/quote]

Yes you can. go to mastercollector.com and join the Gijoe club. you get a "free" exclusive figure(either 3 3/4 or 12) this year was copperhead with removeable helmet, a monthly magazine mostly adds with about 8 pages dedicated to info on either 3/34 or 12(the default setting is 12 you have to switch to 3 3/4 which only took an e-mail and it was changed next day. and you get to advertise in the magazine for free (upto a certain amount of text) I thought it was a good deal and liked the figure. you can also get old convention exclusives at decent prices (ie what was paid at convention without the scalper mark-up) but they are not cheap!!!!!!! you can also pre-order sets of new figures for roughly the same price you would at target etc (I think I paid around 6.99 apiece and the set of 5 figures is around $35.

I went to comiccon on preview night and could't get into line, when I finally got a ticket and got in line thursday at 3 all the destros were sold out for the show, and I got a damaged Rodimus was going to get a second on sunday but they sold out too. The definately dropped the ball on the Destro figure and the awful line.

JediTricks
08-09-2007, 04:55 PM
I am just hearing too many bad things about this line and I still haven't seen it in stores yet - didn't notice it at SDCC Hasbro booth either. I think it's time I just throw in the towel and accept that I'm not going to bother.

TheRealDubya
08-09-2007, 05:54 PM
I picked up Flint, Snake-Eyes V2 and Storm Shadow V2, and got my Silver Head PDD Destro in the mail yesterday. I have to say I really like them, especially the Snake-Eyes. The articulation is a big departure from the original ARAH figs, but I think they look great.

Now, if I was a kid who wanted to play with them, I'm not sure I'd be so into them. As an adult who always wanted a definitve set of figures that blended the animated, comic and card art representations, I couldn't really be happier. Except for Flint's missing gloves. The stuff they showed at SDCC just got me more excited (especially Firefly and the Jetpack Cobra Trooper.)

TheRealDubya
08-09-2007, 05:58 PM

Couldn't agree more -- the stands don't work well at all. The logos are raised too high. Great idea, poor execution.

pbarnard
08-09-2007, 07:28 PM
I am just hearing too many bad things about this line and I still haven't seen it in stores yet - didn't notice it at SDCC Hasbro booth either. I think it's time I just throw in the towel and accept that I'm not going to bother.

I said something similar, and mentioned all the various failures/disappointing sales figures since 1998 and got banned from 2 joe sites for speaking the truth.

I don't know if the selling out phenomena I've seen reported is due to not stocked or actually selling out (where usually SE v2 hangs alone).

JediTricks
08-10-2007, 04:04 PM
Banned for expressing yourself? That's pretty lame... of course, for all we know you expressed yourself with photos of genitalia and genocide. :p

pbarnard
08-10-2007, 06:54 PM
Banned for expressing yourself? That's pretty lame... of course, for all we know you expressed yourself with photos of genitalia and genocide. :p

No, these are little boys playing soldier. They expect you to bow to their wishes, read their minds and figure what in their unmedicated bipolar realities is upsetting to them, your basic internet tyrant. Probably pointing out the obvious that instead of going to conventions and spending all the time working on a site, maybe spending time with a wife time and again might be better off, but hey, I spoke "truth to power" honestly, didn't expect anything less.

DarkArtist
08-11-2007, 03:30 PM
just picked up the 2 5 packs at Walmart this morning. so far they have been the cheapest with the sets ringing up at $25.88 and the individuals at $4.88.

figrin bran
08-11-2007, 08:50 PM
I picked up a few of the singles from WM today - Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, Flint and Cobra Officer. I like the 5 pack Cobra Commander better so i passed on the single.

Also got a Snake Eyes with black Timber from Target.

Chux, my Cobra Officer had a knife. It should've been in that sheath already so maybe it fell out or someone stole it? Someone stole the bow from the first SS I bought so I had to get another one from WM.

I really don't like the DS Trooper style shoulders on these figures, especially on Flint. They probably should've just molded the bandolier/belt on because it just looks too bulky on him.

I don't have any of the 5 packs but thus far, none of these figures are home runs.

JediTricks
08-12-2007, 05:32 AM
No, these are little boys playing soldier. They expect you to bow to their wishes, read their minds and figure what in their unmedicated bipolar realities is upsetting to them, your basic internet tyrant. Probably pointing out the obvious that instead of going to conventions and spending all the time working on a site, maybe spending time with a wife time and again might be better off, but hey, I spoke "truth to power" honestly, didn't expect anything less.Melt their little green army men. :p

I finally saw a couple SEs and SSs, plus the Joe 5pack, at Target yesterday. Underwhelming in person, the figures are too tall for the classic line (it matters to me, and to some of the vehicles) and the mid-torso articulation on SE makes him look like he's sporting man-boobs. These things tempted me not at all, I'm sorry to say.

I also saw some more relaunched Sigma 6-type figures, a lot of which are using recycled weapons which makes them entirely pointless for me. The whole line is underwhelming, and the generic guys are a joke. TRU had the Adventure pack with the gator wrestling, kinda funny but feels like a last-ditch effort that'll tank again like it did in the '70s.

El Chuxter
08-12-2007, 12:15 PM
Chux, my Cobra Officer had a knife. It should've been in that sheath already so maybe it fell out or someone stole it? Someone stole the bow from the first SS I bought so I had to get another one from WM.

Dammit! I don't think it was stolen, as the bubble was still 100% sealed. I checked the packaging several times after realizing there was no knife. Between that and the Snake Eyes, I'm thinking quality control is nil on this line, which is sad.

figrin bran
08-13-2007, 02:39 AM
On other boards that I go to, people are going crazy over the 25thAC figures. Maybe I bought too much into that "these will be the Joe equivalent of VOTC/VTSC" hype but I don't even know how many figures from this line I'll want to pick up.

They can't even hold their weapons for crying out loud! SE's knife doesn't fit all the way into the sheath, which along with Flint's holster are nearly as bad as Comic 2 pack Mara's holster.

pbarnard
08-13-2007, 01:51 PM
This is Hasbro's Hail Mary to keep the line alive. I admit, I don't see to many of the Cobra 5 packs, but I see nothing but SE gray Timbers sitting on the pegs, and it's not hard to find a Joe 5 pack relative to the Cobra one. So it maybe working, but I doubt it. There were always one good seller per line or wave in the past(DD comic pack, Infantry Set, almost any Cobra troop 2 pack). It wasn't enough. This is Hasbro's lowest overhead line. They own the brand, just have to design, produce and sell to the retailers. Why waste precious money on quality control and stopping to ask if it looks decent?

I stopped using Hasbro's weapons years ago, started going to bbi's, but than Marauder Inc came along. Cost effective and reliable. I've seen pics with the 25th aniversary figs, not to shabby but still not enough to make me want the figures.

The Cobra logs on the Trooper/Officer are way undersized. Figures lacking web gear have serious appearance flaws.

RooJay
08-15-2007, 02:37 AM
Wow, maybe we should take a poll. Other than four or five of you guys here (and no offense intended) I don't know anyone else who isn't absolutely in love with this line and the figures therein. I've noticed nothing but quality in the figures I own (most of them), my figures all have no problem holding onto their weapons, and they were and remain incredibly scarce around here (that being in the seven Target stores, five Wal-Marts, two K-Marts, two TRUs, two KBs, etc. that I frequent.)
As far as this line being a "Hail Mary to keep the line", I'm afraid I don't understand. I suppose that kind of thinking works if you consider this some kind of continuation of another pre-existing line, which I think it would be fairly obvious that this line is intended as a fresh start on it's own rather than being attached through some connection other than name to the previous line which had barely existed at retail for some time now. I guess it would probably help impressions if one weren't to think of it as such, and at any rate I'm even more at a loss to imagine how this isn't a massive improvement over the few paltry items we'd seen at retail in recent years.
I'm also willing to bet that, contrary to what a previous post suggested, the lack of product on the shelves in some areas probably is not because stores are just not stocking them; especially considering these figures on just recently started shipping.
When I was younger G.I. Joe RAH actually surmounted my love of Star Wars figures. This newest line represents the G.I. Joe figures I always wished I could have when I was little. The only thing missing this early in the game are the vehicles.

JediTricks
08-15-2007, 11:36 PM
I think he means that Joe sales are slumping and if they don't pull it out of that soon there won't be enough interest to carry the line into the next few years. And I suspect with the Sigma 6 misfire, they are going to stall out.

RooJay
08-16-2007, 04:46 AM
I think he means that Joe sales are slumping and if they don't pull it out of that soon there won't be enough interest to carry the line into the next few years. And I suspect with the Sigma 6 misfire, they are going to stall out.

I would imagine with the apparent (and fairly obvious) success of the recent anniversary line that interest is currently at a high point. As far as I can tell, there should be no reason to believe that there's presently more than enough interest to carry the line for awhile. I'd have to agree about the Sigma 6 deal, though.

El Chuxter
08-16-2007, 10:31 AM
All they need is a solid cartoon series, for once.

pbarnard
08-16-2007, 12:18 PM

What I meant is that they couldn't sell the product of anything after the 1998 experiments, and all ended up being clearanced or at Big Lots eventually. It worked so well after Valor vs Venom, that they tried to go to online since the majority of all Hasbro research says that this line is bought by adult males on a dozen or so websites (of which overlapping membership makes the numbers even smaller) and isn't bringing any new kids in significant number to say it is growing. Even when it was directly marketed by Hasbro to said adult males, the first two waves stagnated, so they allowed e-tailers and TRU a crack at wave 3 which includes a VIPER only 6 pack, traditionally one of the few products to move, languishes on the pegs at TRU. It was so well that when it was marketed directly to the people that buy the line, the 4th wave of figures was canceled with prototypes and packaging being made already. In other words, it was cheaper for Hasbro to not sell it and have it destroyed or stolen from the factories than to bring it to market.

Right now, you sell one 5 pack instantly, and the other sits. You sell every single card but one, the key character you're going to market over and over again in this 200057566 version, how many chances does a company get before you say, let it rest (especially as a share holder)? The interest maybe at a high point right now but is it because they finally have the one mega wave where all the things but 2 are of interest? This is no different in the past where the one army builder cobra and/or female character sells well, but the rest of the wave languishes.

According to Fox, Sigma 6 was their 2nd rated Saturday morning show after TMNT. It wasn't enough to keep it from being canceled. A cartoon won't do it because it didn't help Sigma 6. I hear that argument too, but sadly the ones who are buying want the exact same thing they had in 1985 and haven't figured out kids, networks, and other consumers have moved on. What I mean is that if they don't have the exact same voice acting, animation style etc, they complain how it isn't GIJoe anymore and isn't going to work. So you can give them what they ask for, but than they reject it and there's no interest outside of that audience to begin with.

DarkArtist
08-17-2007, 05:50 PM
was in walmart today and spotted one of the 25th Anniversary Cobra Sets. upon opening the box someone took the time to remove the Cobra Solider and replace it with a hooded Cobra Commander, replaced Destro with a Snake Eyes and the Baroness with a Corps Figure that looked like Sloath from the Goonies, and removed all of the weapons.

figrin bran
08-18-2007, 09:47 PM
I got the Cobra and Joe 5 packs today. If I had found these before the singles, my opinion of the line would've been totally different. The 5 pack figures for the most part are decent and don't fail in the ways the single packs do. Baroness and Scarlet were done pretty well, I think. The only thing is that the legs seem too long on a lot of these guys (and girls).

Maybe I'm just used to SW figure proportions but the groin areas on the Joe/Cobra figures are higher up than on SW figs.

Adam
08-20-2007, 05:38 AM
Sorry to break into the Anniversary talk with S6, but I had to get this out.

What is the deal with Commando Flint? Toxic Zartan looks to have way more accessories then him, and about the same that Gung Ho has. And yet Flint is 5 bucks more? As much as I like the way Flint looks, not sure I want to pay that much for him. Anyone have him that can tell me if he is worth the price of admission? :P

I saw some of the "new" combat squad figures the other day. While I do find some things I like about all three, they are pretty much a joke. Shockwave seems to be the only one I would consider picking up. Wave 2 looks even worse.

BountyHunterScum
08-20-2007, 07:06 AM
The new flint is a joke they don't allow long hair in the military.

JediTricks
08-20-2007, 04:10 PM
Sigma 6 has gone to hell in a handbasket, unfortunately.

Adam
08-20-2007, 05:25 PM
The new flint is a joke they don't allow long hair in the military.

Well since it is just a toy, I don't really care about his hair in that reguard.

BountyHunterScum
08-20-2007, 06:23 PM
Well since it is just a toy, I don't really care about his hair in that reguard.

I do, authenticity. The original flint was very authentic.

Adam
08-20-2007, 06:36 PM
I do, authenticity. The original flint was very authentic.

You expected authenticity from what has become of Sigma Six? :D

RooJay
08-21-2007, 07:16 AM
You expected authenticity from what has become of Sigma Six? :D

You expect authenticity from what Sigma Six was originally presented as?

BountyHunterScum
08-21-2007, 09:49 AM

The original gi joe designs are authentic. F sigma 6 it's over.

RooJay
08-21-2007, 09:52 AM
The original gi joe designs are authentic. F sigma 6 it's over.

Really?! I hadn't quite noticed.

Actually I was referring to the other guy. ;)

BountyHunterScum
08-21-2007, 01:29 PM
Really?! I hadn't quite noticed.

Actually I was referring to the other guy. ;)

I was talking to the guy who responded to mine, no problem though

Adam
08-21-2007, 04:39 PM

Of course not. That is the point, why would someone expect a figure from a line that is heavily based in sci-fi and non-authentic military aspects to actually be authentic, and then cite the fact that it isn't authentic as a reason to dislike it.

figrin bran
09-02-2007, 11:51 PM
comic 2 packs with brightly painted figures? (http://www.hisstank.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1086)

where did they ever get this idea? :p

pbarnard
09-10-2007, 01:27 PM
comic 2 packs with brightly painted figures? (http://www.hisstank.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1086)

where did they ever get this idea? :p

Ummm, from themselves? Star Wars actually copied the Joe line in this regards.

BountyHunterScum
09-15-2007, 07:17 PM
I don't know about anyone else but I'm gonna conclude my collecting of the larger figures with the two samurai versions of storm and snake along with windfire CC.

RooJay
09-16-2007, 12:39 AM
I don't know about anyone else but I'm gonna conclude my collecting of the larger figures with the two samurai versions of storm and snake along with windfire CC.

Dude, have you seen the Dark Ninja Master figure?! That guy looks awesome!!!

BountyHunterScum
09-16-2007, 01:33 AM
Dude, have you seen the Dark Ninja Master figure?! That guy looks awesome!!!

Oh yeah I forgot to include him. I stick to Snake Storm and Cobra Commander most of the time. I will get Dark Ninja dude as well. I didn't get absolutely every version of Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow because some of them were redudant and stupid, I stuck to the cool ones like tattoo chest Storm Shadow and Red White and Blue Storm Shadow. I have more Storm's than Snake Eyes, that'll change with Dojo Training Snake Eyes and so on.

BountyHunterScum
11-05-2007, 04:25 PM
I still haven't found the Snake Eyes variant with Black Timber, my friend at toys r us is mega unreliable these days. I find out they got stuff in after it's long gone. Hopefully I can find 1 or 2.

Ji'dai
11-16-2007, 08:55 PM
I saw that TRU has the ROCC on sale right now for $24 (orig. $40). Really reminds of that ATV used in the post-apocalyptic film Damnation Alley. Should have come with a George Peppard figure rather than Long Range. It's an okay looking vehicle, but just a shadow of the vintage Mobile Command Center (http://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/87/mobilecommandcenter/), which was three-stories of 3-3/4" scale transforming vehicle/playset goodness.

BountyHunterScum
11-19-2007, 05:35 PM
I saw that TRU has the ROCC on sale right now for $24 (orig. $40). Really reminds of that ATV used in the post-apocalyptic film Damnation Alley. Should have come with a George Peppard figure rather than Long Range. It's an okay looking vehicle, but just a shadow of the vintage Mobile Command Center (http://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/87/mobilecommandcenter/), which was three-stories of 3-3/4" scale transforming vehicle/playset goodness.

The Landmaster huh, interesting.

Ji'dai
11-19-2007, 10:22 PM
The ROCC doesn't have the Landmaster's triangular wheel assembly, but the vehicles do share a passing resemblance.