PDA

View Full Version : New Die-cast Ultra X-Wing and Rep. Gunship at Wal-Mart.com

Warstar
09-30-2005, 08:16 PM
Heh- forget Ebay- go here:

X-Wing:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4179947

Republic Gunship (sold out last I checked, but it may be that they're just getting the page ready for it)

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4179946

w00t!

Do enjoy! :)

PS:

BOTH new 5-packs for Little Titaniums are there, too:

(BOTH Sold out right now, but yeah :p)

TIE Bomber Metallized pack:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4179943

AT-RT Metallized pack:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4183558

...and, DANG:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4252734

They must have been getting inquiries- only in stores (I just paid $12 with shipping for a TIE Bomber...:( )

YAY! Wal-Mart is finally catching on though! I ordered an Ultra X-Wing m'self :)

britcit3
10-01-2005, 03:34 AM
Website down when I checked - does Walmart post international?

BC3

Warstar
10-02-2005, 01:32 AM
It doesn't *look* like it, but then, they might...

sicqnus
10-02-2005, 09:59 AM
BC3, no toys for ITNL.
Only books and CDs.
It sucks.

britcit3
10-03-2005, 02:33 AM
Not suprised to be honest.

The UK's 2nd largest supermarket chain is part of Walmart (ASDA) and whilst they sell toys, you never see the exclusives in store.

Bummer

BC3

JediGoofy
10-03-2005, 03:34 AM
BC3, no toys for ITNL.
Only books and CDs.
It sucks.

I agree. :sad:

shinakuma43
10-04-2005, 12:21 PM
They're back in stock, but probably not for long. Hurry!!

[the X-Wing and Gunship, not the 2nd boxed set : ( ]

Later,
S43

ascmclarencoupe
10-04-2005, 01:40 PM
So does this mean that the Ultra X-Wing & Gunship are going to be an online only thing or do you think they will still be stocked on the store shelves too?

I'm sure that they are nice, but I'm more of a hold it in my hands before I buy it type of person and only resort to online buying if the former is just not a possibility.

Brent

shinakuma43
10-04-2005, 02:00 PM
The way the Walamrt's around here have been with the Titanium line (never saw wave 1, saw wave 2 once, and saw wave 3 once) I'd recommend ordering them online. I'm pretty sure you can return them at any Walmart store if you don't like them. I was extremely happy to be able to order them online, now I'll just hope that they actually arrive. The extra 5.00 and change for shipping is well worth it in my mind, I'd spend at least that on gas going to and from Walmart just once, and they probably wouldn;t have them anyways. The only thing I don't like is that it said the order will ship between 10/10 and 10/17, I want them now : ( grr. Lol.

Now hopfully the Die Cast set with the Tie Bomber becomes avalable again soon...

Later,
S43

Warstar
10-04-2005, 05:20 PM
Dang- Gunship was gone when I got there after this. Still got my X-Wing though-

My X-Wing is scheduled to arrive the same time as yours, shinakuma. Now if only I can catch the Gunship AND the TIE Bomber 5-pack.

Note that the descriptions for the 5-packs on Wal-Mart.com do NOT match the pictures- weird, eh? I am assuming that the Pack 2, which has a picture of the AT-RT, actually comes with the TIE Bomber as the description states. Makes me nervous ordering because I don't want 2 5-packs...speaking of which-

Hey Kidhuman- any news on when the first 5-pack I got from ya will arrive? ^_^;

And JT- LOOK AT THE PIC! A REAL ULTRA X-WING! :D I found it in an Ebay auction! :)

JediTricks
10-04-2005, 07:58 PM
That is indeed a real Ultra X-wing, so there ya go. I forgot why I had said that before... oh yeah, I said I didn't trust an auction that had a stock photo, right? Good find, I guess these are out in some capacity.

I am so SICK of these damned WM exclusives though, I haven't seen wave 3 Titaniums once, there are no WMs in Los Angeles at all so it costs a fortune in gas to go to either of the 2 WMs that are within 20 miles of here, and they NEVER have these stupid exclusives anyway.

Warstar
10-04-2005, 08:51 PM
Heh- the guy selling that Ultra, though, is in Singapore!

I hear ya on the exclusives. I am kind of embarassed to admit this but-

I have seen Wave 3...TWICE now. I bought a TIE Bomber for $4.97 to make sure I got one this past Saturday, though I still paid $12.62 for one on Ebay. I bought an extra ARC-170 on Saturday and I'll sell it and whatever TIE Bomber looks worse and try to make up some of the loss. Now I just need that X-Wing and I'll have them all, save for the Celebration III Gold one, which I haven't seen in a while, actually.

Anyway, I have seen Wave 3 twice, Wave 2 once (and I got all but the AT-RT there- KH hooked me up with that), and I never saw Wave 1 at all. Have yet to see the 5-packs and of course, no Ultra's.

It'll be nice to get the Ultra's away from being Wal-Mart exclusives- but how much do you want to bet there will be store exclusive paint jobs/repaints out there (ala Target Clone Troopers)?

One a good note, though, the Titaniums toys are cool- cool enough to make me, who no longer collects the 3 3/4 stuff- to come back into the game. They'll look good forever and hold their value well, too (not that I'll ever sell them, but sometimes I like seeing auctions for things I own go for $100's of dollars and think to myself "HA! I paid $5.00 AND I still own it :D" )

:D

shinakuma43
10-04-2005, 11:41 PM
WS: I'm also a little worried about which 5 pack to order. I wonder if it would do any good e-mailing them to find out if the images are matched up incorrectly or what. I think they added them both to the site at the same time, so maybe whoever did it just didn;t know one was already out and figured it didn;t matter whihc one was 1st and 2nd.

Later,
S43

Warstar
10-05-2005, 05:52 PM
It wouldn't hurt to ask them, that's for sure.

I SNAGGED AN ULTRA GUNSHIP TODAY! w00t! :D

NOW- just need the 5-packs and the X-Wing and the Celebration III X-Wing- being a completist is a PAIN. :p

Jedibill
10-08-2005, 10:35 PM
the Wal-mart website says they are 1:24 scale are they if they make this line to scale I might get it other wise I no i won't I would really like to see a realistic scaled line of ships.

Obi-wedge
10-09-2005, 12:26 PM
I got my gunship about 5 days after I ordered it. had I known it was going to be this great of a piece, i would have ordered two. If you have a chance, YOU MUST PICK ONE UP! The packaging looks sharp (flying over geonosis). I would like to have seen a biut of wear or battle damage in the paint job or even a couple of mini clone pilots in the cockpit and in the bay.

If they will only make an arc-170, i would be in heaven.

JediTricks
10-09-2005, 03:45 PM
the Wal-mart website says they are 1:24 scale are they if they make this line to scale I might get it other wise I no i won't I would really like to see a realistic scaled line of ships.
Absolutely not, they're basically the same size of toy you'd get from a 1/24th scale car, but these are definitely not 1/24th scale, they're smaller than that.

Jedibill
10-09-2005, 06:49 PM
Yea I saw these today at Wal-mart the X-wing and Gunship they look good but I don't like them because there not in scale with each other I think that sucks which is why I never collect these ships.
I think it would be cool if hasbro or whoever would make a small scaled line of toy like in 1:24 or even 1:72 scale with ships and figures kind of like forces of valor.

SWAFMAN
10-09-2005, 07:15 PM
saw about 8-10 of these at walmart yesterday. of course, had already ordered online. can lay-away if anyone wants & if still there, but honestly the shipping from walmart online was cheaper than I could mail them to anyone in the USA myself. But any overseas folks can let me know.

JediTricks
10-10-2005, 05:02 AM
Scale would be nearly impossible with this line, no 2 boxes would be the same size, you'd have tiny snowspeeders and massive Falcons, long X-wing boxes and tall, mostly-empty TIE Fighter boxes, no way retailers are going to put up with that.

JediGoofy
10-11-2005, 05:14 AM
I think it would be cool if hasbro or whoever would make a small scaled line of toy like in 1:24 or even 1:72 scale with ships and figures kind of like forces of valor.
If you would like to see vehicles in scale with each other maybe you may be interested in the Starships line which is planned within the WOTC Star Wars Miniatures line. :yes:

There is a thread about this here (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=29963). :)

Ciao,
JediGoofy

Slicker
10-15-2005, 11:02 AM
I just found an abundance of these at a local WM today. If any of you guys are having trouble finding them I'll gladly go and pick them up for you for cost plus shipping. Just shoot me a PM if you want me to go back.:D

Jangu Fett
10-15-2005, 05:48 PM
Just pick up the RGS. This is awesome. I'm a bit upset that it's turrets are so small, but still truelly awesome.

Does anyone know how many Ultras will be released next year? I heard 4 of them. A Snowspeeder, AT-AT, Droid Tri-Fighter and ARC-170. I really hope there's more than just those.

And this is a little off topic, but. Has Hasbro said anythin more about those Titanium Worlds sets? I'm going crazy,:crazed: I want to see Kamino and Mustafar.

JediTricks
10-15-2005, 07:11 PM
Nothing new about those concepts so far, I have a feeling the lukewarm reception will kill that line.

Warstar
10-17-2005, 04:24 AM
We'll have to see...I like these new ships so far, but the worlds? Eh.

JT- I had already opened my Rep. Gunship by the time I e-mailed you and asked if you wanted pics. If you still want pics of the loose one I have let me know.

He is right though- the RGS is, indeed, awesome :)

JediTricks
10-17-2005, 03:41 PM
Loose is fine.

Warstar
10-20-2005, 08:17 PM
Oko- sorry- been a busy couple of days- I'll get the pics to you as soon as I can :)

JediTricks
10-20-2005, 09:31 PM
No problem

bobafrett
10-20-2005, 10:22 PM
I found these two ships at my Wal-Mart store the other day. When I left this afternoon, we still had three or four of each ship still left. I think the $19.99 (approx) price tag might be scaring off all but the die hard collectors.

matthewilw
10-24-2005, 10:59 PM
I haven't seen these in my area yet, but from what I've read/seen online I am impressed. Sure, these are just repainted action fleet, but at least they look good! If I had more display room I might actually get the x-wing, I'm trying to avoid getting the gunship but I know as soon as I find one it'll be making a trip home with me. I just hope that there is enough interest to keep this line going, that alone might sway me to buy the x-wing(and maybe even another gunship). I love that there are new vehicles in/close to af scale, but I want my freaking Epi. II jedi starfighter!! I don't think I'll ever get an af scaled version of that and I think this gradual realization has caused me to drown myself in new transformers alternators. Anyway. I'll definately be buying a tri-fighter, I passed on the titanium version hoping for something more to this scale, so I'm pleased with that. So how long do you guys think it will be before we get an RoTS JSF? I'm betting the third wave. But I'll most likely hold out for the green version.

Lazer Brain
10-25-2005, 10:00 AM
just pick up the rep ship and the xwing at my local walmart today, the 20 bucks is a bit steep, i would get more if they were not priced so high.
later

BlueSnags
10-25-2005, 06:25 PM
Just ordered the Titanium Gift Pack Series 2 (with silver TIE Bomber) from Walmart.com:grin:. Here's the link if anyone else is interested:

Warstar
10-25-2005, 06:44 PM
Just ordered the Titanium Gift Pack Series 2 (with silver TIE Bomber) from Walmart.com:grin:. Here's the link if anyone else is interested:

Read the fine print there- you just ordered Pack 1 with the AT-RT. The pictures on Wal-Mart's site are switched for the 2 packs, and I assume you'll get the one described, not pictured.

Stupid Wal-Mart...though I am forced to admire them for even thinking of offering the Titaniums online- let alone actually selling them that way. I never would have gotten the Gunship or X-Wing since my local Wally-World is awful about stock...and I have only one Wal-Mart to choose from within 100 miles of here (next closest is Billings- 145 miles away...)

I miss my old collector home (Colorado Springs) sometimes...

I am STILL waiting for Kidhuman to send me the first 5-pack...

BlueSnags
10-25-2005, 08:53 PM
Read the fine print there- you just ordered Pack 1 with the AT-RT. The pictures on Wal-Mart's site are switched for the 2 packs, and I assume you'll get the one described, not pictured.

Stupid Wal-Mart...though I am forced to admire them for even thinking of offering the Titaniums online- let alone actually selling them that way. I never would have gotten the Gunship or X-Wing since my local Wally-World is awful about stock...and I have only one Wal-Mart to choose from within 100 miles of here (next closest is Billings- 145 miles away...)

I miss my old collector home (Colorado Springs) sometimes...

I am STILL waiting for Kidhuman to send me the first 5-pack...

Yeah, I noticed that right after I ordered it. Cancelled.:cry:

Warstar
10-26-2005, 05:45 PM
*Comforts BlueSnaggletooth*

Yeah, that makes me angry, too... I should e-mail them and tell them to correct the thing. Wonder if they would?

JediTricks
10-27-2005, 10:51 PM
I put both of these on layaway yesterday, didn't have the scratch to buy them at the time but 10% was good enough.

BlueSnags
10-28-2005, 09:18 PM
Yeah, I noticed that right after I ordered it. Cancelled.:cry:

Received an email from walmart.com today letting me know that my order has shipped! Despite me cancelling it 10 min after I placed it.:frus:

But wait! Checked the site again today and they changed/corrected the description! Pack 1 (the one I ordered) is the right one and it's on it's way. I love it when a plan comes together.:laugh:

Warstar
10-30-2005, 06:14 PM
*ORDERED!*

They changed the description to match the pics- so I ordered a 5 pack with the TIE Bomber today.

I'm about to give up on KidHuman- $28 and almost 3 months later, still no 5 pack #1 :cry: And now it seems he's disappeared. Argh.

vulcantouch
10-30-2005, 06:29 PM
-lose faith? in your moment of triumph? :stupid::whip:

"seems he's disappeared"
-maybe you just ain't looked (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/printthread.php?t=29518&page=3&pp=33)? ;)

LTBasker
10-30-2005, 08:38 PM
I'm about to give up on KidHuman- $28 and almost 3 months later, still no 5 pack #1 :cry: And now it seems he's disappeared. Argh.

Seems he's having PC problems out the wazoo. http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=30052

If you were worrying about his reliability, he's a good trader/seller when he's not having problems. I bought some figures from him a few months ago and everything went fine, just have patience. Or..more patience that is. :D

AndyW
10-31-2005, 04:29 AM
Don't worry Warstar, KH will be back, I was gone for two months and I came back. :)