PDA

View Full Version : cantina band images

jlw
10-01-2005, 01:34 PM
can anyone scan the picture of the original Star Wars story book of the Cantina band and post it on this thread? Thanks. (Its the image that looks like the backdrop for the Kenner Cantina playset)

JEDIpartner
10-01-2005, 05:20 PM
I found this one on the net....

Cantina Band (http://www.premier.net/~exar/PAGE2/STARWARS/cantband.jpg)

I thought that was pretty close to the version on the backdrop.

jlw
10-02-2005, 08:39 AM
DUDE THAT'S IT!! How in the world did you find it? I've searched and searched on the net, and the only image I could find was a very small one on Red 6. Anyway, thanks. I need it for my website, I'm making a list of characters that were in the Cantina, and that image clearly shows SEVEN (7) Cantina Band members, except I think the image is actually backwards or the scenes in the movie are backwards because in the movie the gasan string drummer and the omni box player are at the right side of the alcove, not the left.

Lucas is famous for doing this though. In the cantina scene he used the exact same shot twice but flip flopped it to make it look different. Its when the Saurin at the bar turns and looks at Ben (he turns to the right) then in another scene he turns to the left. You can tell its a mirror image because Yerka Mig is in both scenes but opposite ends of the bar.

Thanks again for posting the image.

JEDIpartner
10-03-2005, 01:33 PM
DUDE THAT'S IT!! How in the world did you find it? I've searched and searched on the net, and the only image I could find was a very small one on Red 6. Anyway, thanks. I need it for my website, I'm making a list of characters that were in the Cantina, and that image clearly shows SEVEN (7) Cantina Band members, except I think the image is actually backwards or the scenes in the movie are backwards because in the movie the gasan string drummer and the omni box player are at the right side of the alcove, not the left.

Lucas is famous for doing this though. In the cantina scene he used the exact same shot twice but flip flopped it to make it look different. Its when the Saurin at the bar turns and looks at Ben (he turns to the right) then in another scene he turns to the left. You can tell its a mirror image because Yerka Mig is in both scenes but opposite ends of the bar.

That's such an iconic picture. I was 99% certain that was the one you were looking for. I went on Dogpile.com and just did some searchs with "Star Wars"+"Cantina" or +"Cantina Band" and eventually found it. I'm glad that's the one you needed. Teamwork!!! :)

Turambar
10-04-2005, 07:47 PM

I'm still only seeing 6. Where is the seventh in that pic?

Slicker
10-05-2005, 05:45 AM
I'm still only seeing 6. Where is the seventh in that pic?Here ya go. Number 5 is behind number 6.

jlw
10-05-2005, 07:00 AM
Yeah there is one member standing behind the others you can barely see the back of his head and shoulders. I thoroughly go through this on my website. Go to the DIORAMAS page then go to the CANTINA, and there you will find the ULTIMATE CANTINA RESOURCE page. I'm gonna make a link to that page on my homepage, but it won't be til later tonight. Here's a link to the page http://cantinacustoms.tripod.com/id84.htm

thestarwarsman
10-05-2005, 09:53 PM
I just went to the link, if yours very good and very good explanations. Good job kudo's

jlw
10-06-2005, 09:31 PM
Thanks, the link to the page has changed. Here is the new link http://cantinacustoms.tripod.com/id90.htm

I had trouble with a couple of pictures on the page, so I had to delete that particular page (and its id #) and re-do it. If you notice I gave the Gasan String Drummer a name - Lars M'yer. I used "Lars" to refer to another famous drummer Lars Ulrich from Metallica; and M'yer comes from Meyer, a last name I saw in an article. I know it doesn't sound as "other-worldly" as Figrin D'an, but it was the best I could come up with.

I would like to come up with names for the other "unnamed characters" I have pics of.