PDA

View Full Version : October 2005: Monthly DVD Round-up!!

Hellboy
10-01-2005, 02:00 PM
October 18
-Batman Begins
-Day of the Dead 2: Contagium
-Land of the Dead: Unrated Edition

October 25
-American Gothic: Complete Series --finally :pleased:

October Rentals
-High Tension
-Kingdom of Heaven
-Unleashed

Rocketboy
10-01-2005, 03:03 PM
Only Batman Begins this month.

UKWildcat
10-01-2005, 04:56 PM
October 4th
Amityville Horror
Man with the Screaming Brain

October 18th
Batman Begins
Big Lebowski - Achiever's Edition
Day of the Dead 2
Land of the Dead - Unrated Edition
Saw - Uncut Edition

October 25th
House of Wax
Titanic - Special Collectors Edition (3-disc)

There are more dvds I will probably end up getting, there always is. :D

Mandalorian Candidat
10-01-2005, 10:54 PM
Sigh...October 4th...Cinderella...it's for my girls you know.

(me) :cry: :whip: (them)

2-1B
10-02-2005, 12:18 AM
Batman Begins
Land of the Dead
Dominion (Exorcist Prequel)

Those are the 3 I really want, and like Hellboy I will also pick up Day of the Dead 2 since it will be cheap. ;) (in price and probably quality :D :D :D )

I would like to rent Kicking and Screaming because even though soccer is lame, I like Will Ferrell and Coach Ditka. I also might rent Melinda and Melinda.

The Big Lebowski is one of my all time favorite movies but I'm less than impressed by the new edition coming out so I don't know if I will buy it . . . possibly.

JimJamBonds
10-02-2005, 12:24 AM
Won't that be the 3rd edition of Saw???

I would like to rent Kicking and Screaming because even though soccer is lame, I like Will Ferrell and Coach Ditka.

I'll save you the pain, if you give me the money that you'd spend on the rental fee I'll give you my review. :D

2-1B
10-02-2005, 12:27 AM
No deal ! lol

Far as I know, this is only the second edition of Saw . . . I could be wrong. :confused:

JimJamBonds
10-02-2005, 12:31 AM
Far as I know, this is only the second edition of Saw . . . I could be wrong. :confused:

Isn't there a semiclear case and then another with a 'typical' case? Might just be different packaging and the same edition????

Rocketboy
10-02-2005, 09:33 AM
Far as I know, this is only the second edition of Saw . . . I could be wrong. :confused:1 edition is too many editions.

General_Grievous
10-02-2005, 11:18 AM
Here's what I'm picking up:

October 18th
Batman Begins
Batman Anthology (if not that, then I may just get the special edition Burton Batman movies)

October 25
Titanic Special Edition

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-02-2005, 02:29 PM
I think I'll rent Batman Begins, but there's not a whole lot this month.

UKWildcat
10-02-2005, 06:37 PM
The Big Lebowski is one of my all time favorite movies but I'm less than impressed by the new edition coming out so I don't know if I will buy it . . . possibly.

One of my favorites too. I am really disappointed that there is no commentary track...:mad: but I'm a sucker for Gift Sets/Boxes.

General_Grievous
10-03-2005, 03:08 PM
Oh, forgot about South Park Season 6 on the 11th. I'll be picking that up, too.

JimJamBonds
10-11-2005, 12:32 AM
Anybody ever see this guy?!? http://imdb.com/title/tt0117395/ He is/was trying to create a bear proof suit so he can study bears in their enviroment. I remember seeing this years ago and it was pretty crazy to see, and I guess its coming out on dvd tomorrow.

Wow this is my second bear post today in as many threads. :p

2-1B
10-11-2005, 11:46 AM
LOL, there's a thread on IMDb that says Quentin Tarantino said this was one of his favorite movies. lol

Jayspawn
10-14-2005, 09:15 AM
I got a BUNCH this month!!!

October 18th
Batman Begins
Batman Anthology

October 25th
Titanic 3-disc Special Edition
The Wizard of Oz 3-disc Special Edition!!!

General_Grievous
10-14-2005, 03:14 PM
Already picked up Batman Begins from a video store that always gets movies in early. I got the 2-disc deluxe version, which is the only version to get. They also had the bare-bones DVD, but if anyone bought that over the 2 disc version you'd have to stamp "jackass" on their forehead. But all in all, Batman Begins is a reallly good DVD. The sound and picture is some of the best quality I've ever experienced on a DVD. The extras are okay, but not really spectacular. A few docs (mostly about the stunts), a featurette on the scenes in the film influenced by the comics, a trailer, and the MTV "Tankman Begins" spoof with the god-awful Jimmy Fallon. But another perk is that it comes with a mini-comic book that includes a few Batman stories that influenced the film. It wouldn't have hurt them to include more cast interviews and a few deleted scenes with the package, but I don't even know if there were any deleted scenes from the movie. But if you're going to buy Batman Begins, buy the 2-disc version. I can't stress that enough.

2-1B
10-14-2005, 11:38 PM
Yeah, plus it's less than 2 bucks more for the double disc, so why not go for it ? :)

JimJamBonds
10-15-2005, 10:03 AM
Picked up the best of the Chris Rock Show season's I & II, it was only 12 bucks so I figured why not?

Mandalorian Candidat
10-18-2005, 09:23 AM
Yeah, plus it's less than 2 bucks more for the double disc, so why not go for it ? :)

At which store? WM has the bare bones version for $15 and the 2-disc is $25.

Rip off. :bandit:

Rocketboy
10-18-2005, 02:17 PM
At which store? WM has the bare bones version for $15 and the 2-disc is $25.

Rip off.
My Target had 'em for $16 (maybe $17) and $19.

Jayspawn
10-20-2005, 10:09 AM
Well now that I've picked up the Batman Anthology and Batman Begins, next up......

Titanic 3-disc Collector's Edition AND

The Wizard Of Oz Special Collector's Edition!!!

sith_killer_99
10-24-2005, 08:00 PM
Oct 4
Cinderalla (for my daughter)
Amityville Horror

Oct 18
Batman Begins
Land of the Dead
Tru Calling Season 2 (Best Buy Exclusive version)

Oct 25
House of Wax
Herbie Rides Again (for my daughter)
Tripping the Rift Season 1

Jayspawn
10-27-2005, 09:56 AM
I watched most of the Extras on the new Titanic 3-disc Collector's Edition yesterday. Amazing, its a real treat.

sith_killer_99
10-27-2005, 11:09 AM
I watched most of the Extras on the new Titanic 3-disc Collector's Edition yesterday.

You poor poor soul. I feel your pain. Who did that to you...was it a girlfriend? Wife? Sick mother?

I tell you it would take a Sorority House full of beautiful lonely hearts to get me to watch 5 minutes of that film, let alone DVD "extras". You're a real trooper for watching this that thing.

You deserve a special treat, this weekend you should sit down and watch the Theatrical Release of the OT. That should help ease the pain of sitting through anything Titanic related.:D

JK LOL

James Boba Fettfield
11-01-2005, 08:48 AM
Nobody picked up Cannibal Holocaust? Tales from the Crypt season 2?

There's some others I'm forgetting, too. I think Hitchcock Presents Season 1 was October, too. Disappointing.

2-1B
11-01-2005, 11:26 AM
Cannibal Holocaust is out now ? I didn't notice . . . you mean the Sage Stallone release ? :confused:

James Boba Fettfield
11-01-2005, 11:46 AM
Cannibal Holocaust, not to be confused with the less extreme Cannibal Ferox. Appears he was involved with both, but I'm just talking about the Deodato directed Holocaust.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078935/

Was released last week with only 11,111 copies produced by Grindhouse.

2-1B
11-01-2005, 11:54 AM
That's the one, Sage is co owner of Grindhouse Releasing.

Lots of controversy over the killing of live animals on film, eh ?

James Boba Fettfield
11-01-2005, 02:27 PM
That's the one, Sage is co owner of Grindhouse Releasing.

Lots of controversy over the killing of live animals on film, eh ?

I didn't know that. You are the expert on all things named Stallone it seems.

Much controversy, though. That's why there's supposedly an alternate version on this set where all of the animal deaths have been removed. Read about it on other message boards, though I cannot confirm this cut to be on this set or not as I'm not at my permanent residence and that's where my copy of CH is at the moment. I have #02325.

2-1B
11-02-2005, 01:44 AM
I met Sage at a show a few months back, he was there promoting "Chaos" which is a discussion for another day ;) but thanks for the heads up on the animal stuff . . . I don't know, of course I don't want animals killed for the sake of a movie, but if they slaughtered a turtle and ate it anyway, what's the big deal ? :confused: I know that's not PC, but we slaughter animals on a daily basis for food and don't blink twice. But I know this is different so I'm sensitive to that, and right now I'm not sure where I stand on the matter.

Hell, I'd just like to see the movie without having to buy it first for $20. I doubt I can find it for rent anywhere around here. :confused:

2-1B
03-04-2007, 05:56 PM
Well, I ended up getting it and I was kinda grossed out by it...I didn't keep it, I sent it back to Amazon. Once was enough. :dead:

UKWildcat
03-04-2007, 06:02 PM
Must be talking about Cannibal Holocaust. I've never seen that movie, nor do I intend to. I'm not a fan of the whole animal mutilation stuff. Kinda sick if you ask me. I have been very curious about the movie, but not curious enough to watch it. At least not yet.

2-1B
03-04-2007, 06:33 PM
I certainly had no appetite for awhile afterward. :dead: