PDA

View Full Version : A look at ROTS #57 thru #63

jedibear
10-02-2005, 12:29 AM
Found the first seven of the final twelve in the ROTS line at WM this week...here's my comments...let's have yours!

#57 Commander Bly Boy, Hasbro is sure getting the mileage out of the Clone Commander figure! This is the third carded version of this one. Still looks good. My only nit...wish he came with the same base Aayla Secura does for display purposes. It is one of the better looking Clone figures from this line...

#58 Wookiee Commando Okay, what is up with the skirt? Can one with lederhosen be far behind? One with pants? A three-piece suit? The skirt makes no sense and again, here's a figure Hasbro is workin' hard here...third time's enough. Hate the accessory..would have rather seen him come with a choice of wookiee weapons. Interesting that the front photo features the shield, but the figure does not...

#59 Commander Gree Okay, okay...his detailing is not movie accurate, but it still makes a good lookin' clone. It's cool they included a regular gun along with that wack toy one. Just wish they had gotten the detailing a little closer. to how he appears in the movie...

#60 Grievous' Bodyguard Odd that this reissue which basically just features new (and way better looking) detailing merits a new number and card. I'm just pleased to see a more movie-accurate look for this cool character.

#61 Passel Argente The Separatist Leader gets new mustard-colored robes (and a silly little "saber-slash" detail that thankfully is covered by folding his hands in front of him). At least this features a figure that hasn't been available outside a set before (and lucky for Hasbro that the only change between movies in wardrobe and look were the robe's color)

#62 Cat Miin Same figure as Shu Mai from the 3 pack a couple of years back but with more vibrant detailing. Again with the silly "saber-slash"...could do without that.

#63 Neimoidian Commander Another stunning example of how departments don't talk to each other at big companies. It didn't occur to them that re-issuing a figure with deco that wasn't even featured in the movie and that the original release is STILL crowding the pegs wasn't such a bright move? Guess the workers they have hitting the stores checking product didn't mention it to the big planners that decide what figures we get. Oh well...that first Nemoidian needed company...

To illustrate how starved for new product we are up here...even shameless reissues like these...I picked these up on friday morning...store had several cases worth and today (sat) they are ALL gone. Just back to the zillion Vaders, Nemoidians and Emperors that have been hanging about for months...along with the "Potty-Training" Vader (500th figure) that are piling up everywhere.

I hope that next year when Hasbro hits us with what will be wave after wave of re-issues that some of them are more inspired than this lot and that we get a smattering of new, really inspired product. It's sad to see the ROTS banner go out with a whimper...this line had some great stuff...

Your take, folks?

Kidhuman
10-02-2005, 12:31 AM
Moved to reviews....

Bacta Beast
10-02-2005, 12:44 PM
It's sad to see the ROTS banner go out with a whimper...this line had some great stuff...

I have to agree, but I'm still searching hard for these. Especially the clones!

plasticfetish
10-02-2005, 02:35 PM
Moved to reviews....Any chance you can move it back? ;)

This is more of a general discussion about the last bunch of ROTS figures than a specific review.

Kidhuman
10-02-2005, 07:32 PM
I cant move it back, dont have power around kryptonite

plasticfetish
10-03-2005, 03:43 PM
Good enough son of Jorell...

We can keep this one light and fluffy, as I don't think most of these repaints really deserve their own reviews. There's nothing new going on here.
-----

So far I've seen #58 Wookiee Commando, #60 Grievous' Bodyguard, #61 Passel Argente and #62 Cat Miin in person. I'm not wildly impressed with what I've seen yet, but I don't hate any of these.

It's a very lackluster end to the line so far.

Kidhuman
10-03-2005, 10:20 PM
I have seen all in person. I have passed on the neo warrior, bodyguard and wookie.

Gree - Love it. A great repaint IMO.

Bly - Buy the Evo set, he is in it too

Passel - I like it, nothing to extravagant

Cat Miin - see above

Slicker
10-04-2005, 02:24 AM
I personally think these 7 suck. But that's just me.

trandoshan666
10-04-2005, 11:02 AM
With the exception of the Neimoidian, I like these figures, regardless of whether they're repaints. I think, for the most part, they're pretty well done.
I'm especially happy with Gree, Bly and Passel.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-04-2005, 07:33 PM
I have seen all in person. I have passed on the neo warrior, bodyguard and wookie.

Gree - Love it. A great repaint IMO.

Bly - Buy the Evo set, he is in it too

Passel - I like it, nothing to extravagant

Cat Miin - see above
That's NOT Bly in that set, it's another one of his men, who has less yellow coloring and no visor. There were many of the Evolution set guys on Felucia with Aayla and Bly.

Kidhuman
10-04-2005, 11:53 PM
Could have fooled me with that. Looks like Bly, smells like Bly, gotta be Bly.:beard:

2-1B
10-05-2005, 12:45 AM
pretty Bly for a white guy.

Blackened88
10-05-2005, 12:47 AM
I'm sorry to ask but what the hell is that avatar Mr. JabbaJohnL, it's creeping me out. :confused: :D

Slicker
10-05-2005, 12:50 AM
Looks like Bly to me too. Does it say anywhere that that's NOT Bly in the Clone Evo pack? Otherwise he's Bly.

2-1B
10-05-2005, 12:57 AM
girl it ain't no lie, Bly Bly Bly

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-05-2005, 06:34 PM
I'm sorry to ask but what the hell is that avatar Mr. JabbaJohnL, it's creeping me out. :confused: :D
It's from the Andy Milonakis show, it's an old woman named Rivkah dressed up in a chicken suit and with chicken drumsticks on her head. :D

And seriously, it's NOT Bly in the set. Have you guys seen the damn movie? Bly is the only one in that group with a visor on his head, yellow on his "chin" area, and yellow on his thighs. Otherwise, it's one of his grunts. The Evolution Set figure is one of his men, but it's definitely not Bly.

http://starwars.com/meta/rd/expand/expand.html?world=databank&img=/databank/character/aaylasecura/img/movie2_bg.jpg&width=undefined&height=undefined&import=undefined&caption=

Bly is near the left, and you can see two of his men, one on each side of Aayla.

Slicker
10-05-2005, 07:16 PM
They all look the same to me with the exception of the binoculars. If you don't try to dig a mile into it and just watch the movie anybody would think they look the same and the Evo one could pass for Bly.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-05-2005, 07:25 PM
They all look the same to me with the exception of the binoculars. If you don't try to dig a mile into it and just watch the movie anybody would think they look the same and the Evo one could pass for Bly.
Yes I suppose that's true, but when have we on this site not dug a mile into these films? ;) :D

Slicker
10-05-2005, 07:28 PM
Yes I suppose that's true, but when have we on this site not dug a mile into these films? ;) :DThis is true but not everyone looks a mile in. I tend to just go about 1/2 a mile or so so that means Bly comes with the Evo pack.:p:p

Either way they're both sweet figs.

Kidhuman
10-05-2005, 10:12 PM
I got 2 Blys now. One in the Evo pack and one carded. Sweet if ya ask me.

Blackened88
10-05-2005, 11:13 PM
The reason they can't tell that he is Bly is because it's not the best picture.

http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1255127&page=2&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=all&vc=1
Check out this link, the good Bly pics are a little past half way and at the end.

bobafrett
10-05-2005, 11:18 PM
Oh Aayla, you tempt me in my dreams.............. :love:

I could see more detail in the picture in that thread Blackened88.

Kidhuman
10-05-2005, 11:33 PM
Hey Blackened, you have BLy for your avatar.

Blackened88
10-05-2005, 11:43 PM
I know KH :D I would say Master Sal and I are the Clone Experts here.

Kidhuman
10-05-2005, 11:54 PM
Was he carded or from the Evo pack?

hehehe

figrin bran
10-25-2005, 01:25 AM
have any of you opened up #58 Wookiee Commando? let's just say it's the mouse droid of the ROTS line! :p

plasticfetish
10-25-2005, 03:13 AM
It's that skirt. If you put a Wookie in a vinyl skirt he's bound to smell a little weird.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-25-2005, 09:21 PM
It's that skirt. If you put a Wookie in a vinyl skirt he's bound to smell a little weird.
I actually think it's the ammo strap thing. Take it off the Wookiee and sniff it by itself to see what I mean. I thought it was his skirt at first too, but when you separate the ammo strap thing, daaaaaaaaamn!

Now we know what really got Tycho out of the hospital. ;)

figrin bran
10-26-2005, 01:30 AM
I actually think it's the ammo strap thing. Take it off the Wookiee and sniff it by itself to see what I mean. I thought it was his skirt at first too, but when you separate the ammo strap thing, daaaaaaaaamn!

Now we know what really got Tycho out of the hospital. ;)

well, i guess i'll just take your word on that. i've quarantined the wookiee inside a sandwich bag for the time being.

i kind of like the paint and weathering on #60. the action feature still isn't great and the limbs are too thin but at least, repainted, it's better than the original one.